Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m 50-something fan of original trilogy and love the sequels. Anyway, I’m wondering how this will be better than RotR, which is getting raves and only costs a day ticket. You’re going to sleep for 8 hours.

I‘m just wondering what kind of experience they can have to justify the (rumored) price. The artwork looks like generic sci-fi and not specifically SW. The rooms look fun but not luxurious. How often can you look out the porthole? It looks cool, but I need more details to really feel the force.
I don’t know what will be involved but i suspect you don’t spend much time in the hotel room. It looks as ambitious as ROTR but as a full vacation experience. However, it’ll be awhile before we see if they can pull it off.

As I look at this, it resembles a cruise more than a resort. So my guess is the room rates will be in the range of WDW cruise lines for a verandah/concierge room, so about 500/person/night based on double occupancy, with added kids being half that. So a family of four would be about 1500/night, and the whole "tour" would be about 4500.

I can’t realistically seeing it be super comparable to authentic cruise pricing. I mean your going into waters and stopping at ports, refueling and constant mechanical updates and complex crews. It’s just different IMO. I can see them pricing it slightly above the preferred magic kingdom resort rooms. 1000-1500 a person seems more justifiable to me then 3,000+

I think they will have some tough marketing work to do though .. as a Star Wars and gamer "geek" who roleplays and attended his fair share of Ren Faires (in costume) .. I get what this is trying to accomplish (at a scale I could never have imagine). Ignoring price, I'm all for it. Live Action Roleplaying at a grand scale -

. But for the general public it may be a hard sell (especially after the sequel trilogies tarnished the Star Wars brand pretty badly in my opinion). The general public may just think it is an overprice hotel with a Star Wars "theme" and not an experience.

They will have to really work hard to explain this to draw "casual" Star Wars fans or just people who are curious. The problem being, a huge price point will be a huge deterrent to people who are just "curious".

The rumored price of this experience makes me even more sad they didn't build a value or moderate themed to Star Wars. This experience sounds amazing, but what good is that if it will be out of reach for most of us?

As I look at this, it resembles a cruise more than a resort. So my guess is the room rates will be in the range of WDW cruise lines for a verandah/concierge room, so about 500/person/night based on double occupancy, with added kids being half that. So a family of four would be about 1500/night, and the whole "tour" would be about 4500.
It's guesstimated the price will be $3500ish per person for the entire experience.

You have to believe if they price it that high EVERYTHING will be included. All food, access to SWGE, etc... just like a cruise.

I really want to know how they will handle going into SWGE. Will they have activities during the day on the ship then departure at night to SWGE? Will people staying at the hotel have their own time in SWGE? If prices are that high I can NOT imagine people waiting hours at time to get onto both rides. They will have to have a special access line just for hotel guests.

Should be interesting as we get closer.....

You have to believe if they price it that high EVERYTHING will be included. All food, access to SWGE, etc... just like a cruise.

I really want to know how they will handle going into SWGE. Will they have activities during the day on the ship then departure at night to SWGE? Will people staying at the hotel have their own time in SWGE? If prices are that high I can NOT imagine people waiting hours at time to get onto both rides. They will have to have a special access line just for hotel guests.

Should be interesting as we get closer.....
I just mentioned in another thread that I think they'll do an Early Morning Magic-type event for Halcyon guests only. So you go to Batuu from 7:30am-9am then go back to the "ship" before other people come.

I just mentioned in another thread that I think they'll do an Early Morning Magic-type event for Halcyon guests only. So you go to Batuu from 7:30am-9am then go back to the "ship" before other people come.

Would make sense to do something like that.

That would be my guess too -- to keep the experience immersive they have to let you in to Black Spire Outpost when OTHER guests are not there -- so only late night or early morning.

Especially since I doubt they give you access to rest of DHS (again, to keep it immersive)

That would be my guess too -- to keep the experience immersive they have to let you in to Black Spire Outpost when OTHER guests are not there -- so only late night or early morning.

Especially since I doubt they give you access to rest of DHS (again, to keep it immersive)
Since you're there 2 days/nights, maybe it'll include 2 trips...it's nice to see Batuu both during the day and night.

Since you're there 2 days/nights, maybe it'll include 2 trips...it's nice to see Batuu both during the day and night.

I'm betting they do one night excursion - there are no DAH events at Hollywood Studios currently, so it'd be very easy to close off Batuu at 6pm and allow Halcyon guests private access to the land from 7-whenever.

I'm betting they do one night excursion - there are no DAH events at Hollywood Studios currently, so it'd be very easy to close off Batuu at 6pm and allow Halcyon guests private access to the land from 7-whenever.
I dont think they could close it off that early though. Maybe an after hours like 9pm-11pm?

Since you're in space I'm assuming no swimming pool (unless there's an indoor pool)?

If they do a 2 trip excursion to GE then that will mean EVERYDAY HS would have to be open either early or late for the guests of the hotel and the would pretty much end EMH at Hollywood Studios. For this reason a part of me thinks they will let hotel guests in during the entire day with special access to both attractions.

The $3300 per person is in line with what I was thinking price wise. I was thinking it would be along the lines of sailing DCL concierge level. I do think that costumes, food and park visit to GE will be included in the final price. Probably not alcohol, lightsaber, droid, etc.

That's what I was thinking as well. This will be priced as a premium experience ... not targeted for everyone, just like not everyone can sail concierge level. For the average person who wants to experience Star Wars, Disney will market Galaxy's Edge to them. It sounds like some of the premium experiences planned for Batuu got moved over to the Cruiser. With the rumored limited amount of cabins, Disney can probably charge whatever they want for the 1st year or so and it will stay sold out. If people are pre-paying Virgin Galactic to go into space, there are plenty of well off adventurer geeks who will pay far less to Disney for this experience.

What may be more interesting is how sustainable their chosen cost model will be after the initial months or years ... or how quickly will they water down the experience from what they launch with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter