Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I know that. But obviously it was causing an issue (certainly people don't read) so they changed it (twice). I don't recall Satu'li ever having names like "Roasted Thanator" on the menu, so it's not really the same.

No, but tons of other menus have non-descriptive names with no issues (mostly in drinks and desserts, admittedly, but things like bounty platters or the Feast a la Gaston give no indication of what they include by name only).

No, but tons of other menus have non-descriptive names with no issues (mostly in drinks and desserts, admittedly, but things like bounty platters or the Feast a la Gaston give no indication of what they include by name only).

Yeah, but people are inherently mentally lazy. It's one thing to read words one is familiar with, but words like "tip-yip" can get glazed over by many people. I'm not really defending that or those of us who enjoy those minute details, but I can definitely understand where it was causing a problem and possibly hampering sales. You can bet Disney would address that and in the end I don't find it to be a big deal.

The complaint I’ve heard is basically that they won’t break character and explain it to you even when it’s clear you don’t know what they’re talking about.I can see why people would find that less charming and more annoying. I haven’t been yet so I don’t know personally.

And refresher is in the extended universe so definitely before Disney owned SW.
Yeah, and it's one thing to be playful, but sometimes you just need to know where the restroom is, and it's not that well marked. I kind of felt the same way about the menu names - I mean I get wanting to be clever, but if people couldn't understand what it, then that is a problem. I know it said, but I think it just wasn't practical. Of course, then they moved away from the clever names entirely and everyone got mad - the current version I think works well.
When we first entered SWGE at DL we approached from the RotR side. As we entered Black Spire Outpost, on our left were signs that very clearly said RESTROOMS. I was disappointed!

The complaint I’ve heard is basically that they won’t break character and explain it to you even when it’s clear you don’t know what they’re talking about.I can see why people would find that less charming and more annoying. I haven’t been yet so I don’t know personally.

And refresher is in the extended universe so definitely before Disney owned SW.

It would be fairly simple (and not breaking character) for them to say something like, "A refresher is what is referred to on some worlds as a 'restroom.' "

Some have argued that Earth doesn't exist in the Star Wars universe. But that doesn't mean that some world in that universe doesn't also have the word "restroom." After all, there are plenty of other common English words that they do use in the SW universe. I'm looking at you "trash compactor." 😄

Not going to be cheap if I had to guess. All depends on what exactly will be included in the price. Wonder if your excursion to Batuu will be an after hours one, or in the middle of the day much like what a regular cruise ship does. Also assume you would get VIP entrance to the two GE attractions as well. I'll wait for more details before deciding on if this experience will be worth it. Definitely has a lot of potential.

Sounds cool. If it’s super expensive many fans won’t have a chance to go. If it isn’t then demand will be so high you won’t get a ressie for 10 years. Actually, either way I have a feeling the demand will be very high.

Sounds cool. If it’s super expensive many fans won’t have a chance to go. If it isn’t then demand will be so high you won’t get a ressie for 10 years. Actually, either way I have a feeling the demand will be very high.

I bet either way it will be sold out for a year or more at a time.

Rumors are that pricing for a single adult will be around $3300 for the two night stay.

Price for a family of four - $7200!

You're seriously killing my fantasy right now... lol.
To add to my previous post, I wouldn't be surprised because I don't think there's a precedent for this sort of experience, between the tech required to make it work and the constant CM presence (really, actors). You sort of have to look at some of the most expensive rooms at WDW and go from there, and I don't have a clue how expensive those rooms are.

FWIW my guess was $4000 for the two night stay per room. I couldn't bring myself to guess higher because the price is already painful enough, lol.

Rumors are that pricing for a single adult will be around $3300 for the two night stay.

Price for a family of four - $7200!
There is NO way people are going to pay for that. (or at least enough to keep it fully booked) .. I think they are overestimating their market here. (Could be wrong .. i mean people pay almost $80/person for breakfast and an extra hour at Magic Kingdom) .. but that is a "splurge" this is more than most people's entire WDW vacation.

I mean .. I see this experience like a very immersive cruise ship exclusively for Star Wars geeks --you would think the audience is pretty small (especially after the sequel trilogy alienated a lot of the 40-something original trilogy fans. Geeks are willing to shell out big bucks for "things" (like kyber saber crystals and holocrons and collectible mugs) .. I just don't know if the geek crowd is going to pony up that sort of dough for an "experience". To me, this "upper class" type of prices (beyond Deluxe level accommodations at WDW) -- and usually the upper class market aren't into pop culture at least at the geek level -- they spend their time on world-wide vacations, luxury yachts, luxury vacation homes, fine dining, tickets to Broadway shows, sitting in a luxury box at a sporting event -- NOT a 2-night experience pretending to be in Star Wars land.

I was expecting more aligned with cruise ship prices -- definitely more (per night) than say a Deluxe stay .. but not $3300/person - that is ridiculous. It would have to be a very all-inclusive type of stay and include a LOT for that price (like free costumes, free lightsaber at Savi's, free droid, free food and alcoholic drinks .. etc.

I have nothing to base this on, but I think a realistic price is $1000/night per person. It’s expensive but not so ridiculous that Disney would suffer a backlash. I have to imagine it includes food as a cruise would, but not sure on other extras.

The $3300 per person is in line with what I was thinking price wise. I was thinking it would be along the lines of sailing DCL concierge level. I do think that costumes, food and park visit to GE will be included in the final price. Probably not alcohol, lightsaber, droid, etc.

I’m 50-something fan of original trilogy and love the sequels. Anyway, I’m wondering how this will be better than RotR, which is getting raves and only costs a day ticket. You’re going to sleep for 8 hours.

I‘m just wondering what kind of experience they can have to justify the (rumored) price. The artwork looks like generic sci-fi and not specifically SW. The rooms look fun but not luxurious. How often can you look out the porthole? It looks cool, but I need more details to really feel the force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!