Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Moliphino

DIS Veteran
No, I know that. But obviously it was causing an issue (certainly people don't read) so they changed it (twice). I don't recall Satu'li ever having names like "Roasted Thanator" on the menu, so it's not really the same.
No, but tons of other menus have non-descriptive names with no issues (mostly in drinks and desserts, admittedly, but things like bounty platters or the Feast a la Gaston give no indication of what they include by name only).

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
No, but tons of other menus have non-descriptive names with no issues (mostly in drinks and desserts, admittedly, but things like bounty platters or the Feast a la Gaston give no indication of what they include by name only).
Yeah, but people are inherently mentally lazy. It's one thing to read words one is familiar with, but words like "tip-yip" can get glazed over by many people. I'm not really defending that or those of us who enjoy those minute details, but I can definitely understand where it was causing a problem and possibly hampering sales. You can bet Disney would address that and in the end I don't find it to be a big deal.

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
The complaint I’ve heard is basically that they won’t break character and explain it to you even when it’s clear you don’t know what they’re talking about.I can see why people would find that less charming and more annoying. I haven’t been yet so I don’t know personally.

And refresher is in the extended universe so definitely before Disney owned SW.
Yeah, and it's one thing to be playful, but sometimes you just need to know where the restroom is, and it's not that well marked. I kind of felt the same way about the menu names - I mean I get wanting to be clever, but if people couldn't understand what it, then that is a problem. I know it said, but I think it just wasn't practical. Of course, then they moved away from the clever names entirely and everyone got mad - the current version I think works well.
When we first entered SWGE at DL we approached from the RotR side. As we entered Black Spire Outpost, on our left were signs that very clearly said RESTROOMS. I was disappointed!

Grumpy by Birth

“I AM smiling.”
The complaint I’ve heard is basically that they won’t break character and explain it to you even when it’s clear you don’t know what they’re talking about.I can see why people would find that less charming and more annoying. I haven’t been yet so I don’t know personally.

And refresher is in the extended universe so definitely before Disney owned SW.
It would be fairly simple (and not breaking character) for them to say something like, "A refresher is what is referred to on some worlds as a 'restroom.' "

Some have argued that Earth doesn't exist in the Star Wars universe. But that doesn't mean that some world in that universe doesn't also have the word "restroom." After all, there are plenty of other common English words that they do use in the SW universe. I'm looking at you "trash compactor." 😄

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates