STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

^^ I agree and if you watch her video that is part of the article she seems all giddy/over-the-top about everything. Most of the first 5 minutes is her explaining the hotel room complete with amazing bathroom faucets and floor tile..............LOL.

Personally I think people are making this too complicated. If 5-6000 dollars matters to you then you should not be spending it on a two day imaginary experience at a hotel. If it doesn’t matter to you then your kids will love it. It seems pretty straightforward to me.
Exactly. The GS is a product offered by Disney. It's not going to be for everyone. Whether it's the price point, amenities or blue shrimp.

There are some offerings at Disney that are not a good fit for my family but I don't knock them just because of that. I think part of the issue is that since it's Disney guests expect it to be affordable to the masses or fit a certain Disney mold. Disney doesn't owe me anything. I suspect there won't be any difficulty filling the rooms.

Our family of 4 is booking a voyage for November 22. It's something we made a priority and been planning for since it was announced. Unless the storyline changes I consider it a once in a lifetime experience that does not require repeating.

I think it's interesting how close they were able to get to characters in the media event videos, even face characters. I think I even saw some hugs.

Wow. I try to overlook things like this but the writing for that article is absolutely terrible. Like ... I can't believe a site like CNet doesn't have an editor (and/or the editor was off this week).

If you watch the videos though the sub plot "missions" are in groups. Its not like you are individually doing much from the looks of it unless no one else on the ship is interested in showing up.

Maybe it will change once its not all vloggers who wanted to be part of everything likely.

As an example they outlined helping a hero sneak on board. That likely only occurs once so everyone who has progressed to that will be there all at once. Maybe for me though the issue is that experiences of a personalized story can be lived out in video games already.

GS looks really cool. I'm not even that shocked by the price point. There are a limited number of people there at a time, and Disney has a lot of characters and cast members dedicated to those guests that they have to pay. You are paying for a much more personalized experience. They can't spread out the costs to thousands of people like they do in the parks.

We probably won't go as we are Disney fans who like the Star Wars rides. If this was an immersive experience built around Disney princesses or classic Disney IP, we'd probably go. lol However, with it being only two days, it makes a great opportunity for an extended weekend trip during the school year (if you can afford it).

I'm wondering if Disney went too immersive with this. I think I wouldn't mind saving up for a super deluxe resort if I could come and go as I please and then sign up for extras (lightsaber trainings, dinner shows, etc.) We want to eat at Space 220 for the space theme. We'd like the space theme rooms as well. But my husband isn't going to want to pretend to be in a Star Wars world 24/7 for 2 days.

GS looks really cool. I'm not even that shocked by the price point. There are a limited number of people there at a time, and Disney has a lot of characters and cast members dedicated to those guests that they have to pay. You are paying for a much more personalized experience. They can't spread out the costs to thousands of people like they do in the parks.

We probably won't go as we are Disney fans who like the Star Wars rides. If this was an immersive experience built around Disney princesses or classic Disney IP, we'd probably go. lol However, with it being only two days, it makes a great opportunity for an extended weekend trip during the school year (if you can afford it).

I'm wondering if Disney went too immersive with this. I think I wouldn't mind saving up for a super deluxe resort if I could come and go as I please and then sign up for extras (lightsaber trainings, dinner shows, etc.) We want to eat at Space 220 for the space theme. We'd like the space theme rooms as well. But my husband isn't going to want to pretend to be in a Star Wars world 24/7 for 2 days.
I agree with you on the too immersive. I would definitely pay to stay in the themed hotel have the themed meals and some special meet and greets. I know my 11 year old would love it, but my 14 year old I’m not so sure about.

This!!!
I respect that this may be a whole experience for some, but I need out. Even if my morning coffee view is on a balcony over looking a parking lot.

It's why I go to Hawaii and National Parks. I like beautiful views. I don't get why people want to be locked indoors for any length of time.

The lightsaber stuff looks underwhelming to me too. And I can't comment on the food, but it looks like they're using excessive food coloring to make it more thematic.

If I'm spending this kind of money, I am personally not watching any on this stuff. I will read thoughts about it, but as far as seeing how it looks inside, etc. I wouldn't

I can't justify spending that amount of money to go into the situation, basically knowing everything that's going to happen, songs sung, how story progresses, how all these experiences look. That's just me though

Obviously people will wanna know what they are getting into before spending that kinda money, but the surprise to me is what I would be paying for.
I agree, if it’s something you’re considering, spoilers will probably, well, spoil it. I always regret watching so many YouTube ride through videos, spoiled the surprise for me. Did manage to avoid Smugglers Run spoilers before I rode that and it was a much better experience for me.
Craig has done a spoiler free video of what to expect on The Galactic Starcruiser and how to prepare if you’re interested.

I watched the ResortTV1 video from the media event. I understand Disney was condensing a 40ish hour experience into 3-4 hours, but I found the whole thing underwhelming and comically sad in some instances. I don't know how spoilerly we are getting on this thread, so I will withhold specific commentary on the event. And, of course, YMMV.

What is the price for this again?

The starting price is $4,809 for two adults, $5,299 for two adults and one child and $5,999 for three adults and one child. They don’t exactly list prices in the same way as the other resorts or cruise line.

You actually have to call to get an exact price.

I agree with you on the too immersive. I would definitely pay to stay in the themed hotel have the themed meals and some special meet and greets. I know my 11 year old would love it, but my 14 year old I’m not so sure about.

I love all our varying opinions because as for me it doesn't seem immersive enough!

Here in NYC we have an interactive/immersive show called Sleep No More. Basically you go into this warehouse building and there are many floors. You walk freely between the "sets" and there are actors on all the floors playing out a story right in front of you (it's loosely based on MacBeth if you couldn't tell by the title). Again you're allowed free reign to follow whichever actors you want...go to whichever floor you want...interact with whichever set pieces you want. Sometimes the actors interact with you. This is a couple of hours but every time you go back it's a different experience. That to me is what the SC experience should've been if you truly wanted to give the immersive feel. The whole having to be somewhere at the exact time over and over and pretending it's spontaneous is the aspect I'm not feeling.

But with that said, everything I've seen so far looks very beautiful. Well themed. Lots of great details and I'm sure a lot more once you're actually there. I think people will enjoy this a lot and I don't think it'll be the failure that many have espoused so vehemently. I do think there will have to be discounts at some point though as the target audience for this will dry up quicker than some other attractions. It's good that at this point we're getting a clear idea of what the experience is so that people can accurately judge if it's worth it to them and not go in blind and feel any buyer's remorse. I think those that go will have a damn good time and it still seems like a very cool once in a lifetime experience.

Been trying to get in for a couple days… called at 7am and was t booted out (yet!). No wait time was said though - has anyone booked recently? I have no clue how long I’ll be on hold. Current wait 24 minutes.

Been trying to get in for a couple days… called at 7am and was t booted out (yet!). No wait time was said though - has anyone booked recently? I have no clue how long I’ll be on hold. Current wait 24 minutes.

I called Saturday at 3 pm. Wait time was quoted at 90 minutes and turned out to be 6 hours!!! It was after 9 pm and I was half asleep when I finally spoke to someone.

Good luck!

I called Saturday at 3 pm. Wait time was quoted at 90 minutes and turned out to be 6 hours!!! It was after 9 pm and I was half asleep when I finally spoke to someone.

Good luck!
Oh man! I’m glad you got through. I’m nervous since it didn’t even quote me a time! My husband called right as I was originally posting and he was booted. I DO actually need to run some errands today - 6 hrs not doable!!! I’m glad you got through though. How exciting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter