STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

Strange that Disney wouldn't have a dedicated reservation number for those wanting to spend $5,000+ for this 2 day stay. Having you wait for hours on hold to spend that kind of money seems like poor planning by Disney.
I believe the number that you call to book is a number dedicated for booking the Starcruiser voyage... When booking first opened, folks were waiting hours and hours to book (take a look at the earliest pages of this thread, if you're curious). I used a travel agent, so I did not have that experience.

I love all our varying opinions because as for me it doesn't seem immersive enough!

Here in NYC we have an interactive/immersive show called Sleep No More. Basically you go into this warehouse building and there are many floors. You walk freely between the "sets" and there are actors on all the floors playing out a story right in front of you (it's loosely based on MacBeth if you couldn't tell by the title). Again you're allowed free reign to follow whichever actors you want...go to whichever floor you want...interact with whichever set pieces you want. Sometimes the actors interact with you. This is a couple of hours but every time you go back it's a different experience. That to me is what the SC experience should've been if you truly wanted to give the immersive feel. The whole having to be somewhere at the exact time over and over and pretending it's spontaneous is the aspect I'm not feeling.

I've been to Sleep No More twice, along with a smaller, similar type of show called Then She Fell. The difference to me between these shows and GS is execution and atmosphere. Even Then She Fell, which was produced on a much smaller budget, understood the importance of lighting, attention to even the smallest set details, charismatic performers and good choreography. On GS, everything feels sterile and flattened. Maybe it's the lighting, maybe it's the need to make it accessible or suitable for Florida fire evacuation standards. Some fog effects in the engineering room would go a long way, you know? Also, and this is not a small point, from what I see GC has fewer performers than Sleep No More or Then She Fell. Then She Fell had a lot of one-on-one moments with performers because the ratio of performers to audience members was so low. Counting stormtroopers and the lightsaber training ladies, it looks like GS has about a dozen characters (+1 droid) to interact with guests from 100 staterooms. It's not enough to provide the personalized experience they've promised.

<snip>
That said, the market this is aimed for seems to be SO niche that I don't see how it sustains as a model. You have to be an SUPER Star Wars fan, an extrovert, and have ridiculous disposable income. I don't see how casual Star Wars fans or those who don't like it at all could begin to enjoy this. If you aren't into the role playing or audience participation stuff I can see this being a VERY uncomfortable vacation experience.
Remember that there are only 100 cabins on each voyage. If there consistently are voyages departing every other day, that means Disney needs to sell only 18,200 cabins per year.

Looking at it from that perspective, I doubt Disney will experience difficulty with selling these voyages. Just my opinion, but time will tell.

Last edited:
I am avoiding all spoilers and taking anything from the vloggers/invited guests with a grain of salt. They were invited to be there and nary a complaint will be uttered from them lest they never get invited to another event.

I am interested in hearing from regular guests who paid to be there; good and bad. Were the rooms too sterile? The theming off base? The food too adventurous? Etc. That "research" is no different from any other research I would do when planning a vacation to a new place. I wouldn't let it deter my decision to go but file it away as information.

I've been to Sleep No More twice, along with a smaller, similar type of show called Then She Fell. The difference to me between these shows and GS is execution and atmosphere. Even Then She Fell, which was produced on a much smaller budget, understood the importance of lighting, attention to even the smallest set details, charismatic performers and good choreography. On GS, everything feels sterile and flattened. Maybe it's the lighting, maybe it's the need to make it accessible or suitable for Florida fire evacuation standards. Some fog effects in the engineering room would go a long way, you know? Also, and this is not a small point, from what I see GC has fewer performers than Sleep No More or Then She Fell. Then She Fell had a lot of one-on-one moments with performers because the ratio of performers to audience members was so low. Counting stormtroopers and the lightsaber training ladies, it looks like GS has about a dozen characters (+1 droid) to interact with guests from 100 staterooms. It's not enough to provide the personalized experience they've promised.

I've done Sleep No More many times and always wanted to do Then She Fell but alas never did! So then you totally get what I'm saying. I didn't go too far into explaining the world of Sleep No More in my post but you know how intricate and deep;y immersive it felt and honestly if you made that a 2 night hotel and changed the theme from MacBeth to original trilogy Star Wars??? Oh man I'll gladly fork over 6 grand with a smile!

The problem here is that the 6 grand is being made a big deal but assuming you can afford it then it's not really the deal breaker. I would pay double that...triple that for something I saw great value in. It's like buying a car...I can afford a Mercedes SUV...but is there value in it for me or am I fine with a Honda SUV...or a car that's even cheaper. Money only has the value we assign it and for me this current set up isn't worth it. But to many others it is or will be. I try not dumping on what others may find valuable but it's also an open forum so I'm adding my opinions about the SC to this thread. I truly hope whoever goes has a great time.

Exactly. The GS is a product offered by Disney. It's not going to be for everyone. Whether it's the price point, amenities or blue shrimp.

There are some offerings at Disney that are not a good fit for my family but I don't knock them just because of that.
This. I would never comment on someone’s post about club 33, 21 royal, or the bungalows at the poly with such vitrol as some that I’ve seen on Instagram in particular. Yikes.

I also think this is a “you get what you give” type of experience. If you go in expecting to have a wild and fun time, you will. My soon to be teenager had fireworks in his eyes when I showed him a teaser. Those years of untempered imagination are fleeting and if I can help him hold on to some of that a little longer, I absolutely will.

I’m even getting excited thinking about our outfits…. I guess i never learned to temper my imagination. ;)

Already stuff is ending up on eBay. Sorry but it looks totally naff $6000 to play space bingo line dance and the light saver classes over priced tat.

I agree that it is niche, but I don’t believe you have to fall into all of those categories to want to participate in this. I am interested in Star Wars but by no means an expert and I am fully an introvert, but I love interactive games and immersive theater. As such, after seeing the Disney bloggers in the 2-day voyage (AllEars and The Dis specifically), I am significantly more intrigued and more likely to pay in for this than I was during the traditional promo material. There is definitely a specific market for this, but I don’t think it is so niche that they will run through the market in a year.

Further, they will likely append story lines or completely revamp in a few years, or even change menus seasonally, to keep people coming back. I see it as a Michelin dining experience, it will never be the same twice even if it’s still in the same space. Though, all of this is speculation and I could eat my words in 3-5 years!

You are I aren’t exactly the same - but unlike others the reviews really did push me towards doing it. Maybe a little FOMO, but after all it’s my choice! Hubby is the bigger Star Wars fan - im looking forward to watching him experience it. My kids love when CMs pay attention to them, this will be right up their alleys! I find it so interesting how different “we” all view the reviews. I’m really looking forward to experiencing it ourselves!

I’m even getting excited thinking about our outfits…. I guess i never learned to temper my imagination. ;)
same!!!! I hope I can find good plus sized options as a Pooh shaped woman! This is gonna be FUN!

OMG! I have already started an outfit ideas layout for warmer and cooler months. Let's start a thread for everyone to share their ideas.

OMG! I have already started an outfit ideas layout for warmer and cooler months. Let's start a thread for everyone to share their ideas.

You guys that are going and excited about it should definitely start a new thread and leave this one to general debate and conversation about the starcruiser. If I were going I'd want to talk to others in the same boat (or ship) and stay away from any of the negativity on this thread. But it's also a Disboards forum so can't expect people not to opine about their views. I'll say it again even though this isn't for me as currently set up and priced I'm loving that so many people are excited about going and hope you all have a great time!

I love this idea! Where do we put it tho?! Misc? Start it and I’ll follow you there… weeeee

Maybe someone needs to start us a tips thread for those who go and are going. Most common tip people are giving is to dress up. And I’m all in on that! We were frustrated to not get access to the official merch due to shipping/stocking/sizing issues until this week and we got the Jedi Training Robes just in time.

But because we weren’t sure if that would work out I bought the heavy tunics and robes and faux leather belts that they sell in Galaxy’s Edge for my guys. They had nothing in lady’s sizes only a girls Rey costume and XS vest.
Now that I’m setting things out for packing I feel like those heavy robes will just be too hot and wish we would not have bought them. But figured I paid for them might as well pack them.

For me I got the Leia Dress that’s currently in the Disney Dress Shop. It’s more 50’s a-line style. I already have an R2 costume from years ago. And I got a quilted vest from LL Bean I’m going to wear with leggings and brown boots.

Honestly I have so many costume ideas I wish it was a day longer for more changes to dress up! Also I’m totally wearing Minnie ears because I just love them! I have chocolate brown as nod to Leia’s buns and sparkly silver ones.

We are super excited for our adventure and it’s been hard to avoid spoilers. Especially when you want to figure out what you need to know to enjoy your time.

Actually, THIS is the thread where planning tips, discussion, strategy, questions should go. Abundant talk from those with no actual intent to ever do this should really make their own threads - there’s no rule that says everyone with a Starcruiser opinion can only post it here. One of the goals of DISBoards is to be a travel planning resource, emphasis on planning. Most threads and posts here on the Disney Resorts Board (and especially main FAQ resort threads like this one) follow that pattern, while ancillary discussion is best for other parts of the DIS.

That’s not to say that some general discussion/commentary from all isn’t warranted on this thread, especially with something so new and different. But there’s a grey line between being a helpful planning resource thread or something else. Generally speaking this thread - as with the rest of the main resort/FAQ threads - should slant towards planning related, trip reports, FAQs, and the like.

Thank you, and feel free to PM with questions/concerns.

Maybe someone needs to start us a tips thread for those who go and are going. Most common tip people are giving is to dress up. And I’m all in on that! We were frustrated to not get access to the official merch due to shipping/stocking/sizing issues until this week and we got the Jedi Training Robes just in time.

But because we weren’t sure if that would work out I bought the heavy tunics and robes and faux leather belts that they sell in Galaxy’s Edge for my guys. They had nothing in lady’s sizes only a girls Rey costume and XS vest.
Now that I’m setting things out for packing I feel like those heavy robes will just be too hot and wish we would not have bought them. But figured I paid for them might as well pack them.

For me I got the Leia Dress that’s currently in the Disney Dress Shop. It’s more 50’s a-line style. I already have an R2 costume from years ago. And I got a quilted vest from LL Bean I’m going to wear with leggings and brown boots.

Honestly I have so many costume ideas I wish it was a day longer for more changes to dress up! Also I’m totally wearing Minnie ears because I just love them! I have chocolate brown as nod to Leia’s buns and sparkly silver ones.

We are super excited for our adventure and it’s been hard to avoid spoilers. Especially when you want to figure out what you need to know to enjoy your time.
Oh please do a trip report! I am so excited for you!

Actually, THIS is the thread where planning tips, discussion, strategy, questions should go. Abundant talk from those with no actual intent to ever do this should make their own threads - there’s no rule that says everyone with a Starcruiser opinion can only post it here. One of the goals of DISBoards is to be a travel planning resource, emphasis on planning. Most threads and posts here on the Disney Resorts Board (and especially main FAQ resort threads like this one) follow that pattern, while ancillary discussion is best for other parts of the DIS.

That’s not to say that some general discussion/commentary from all isn’t warranted on this thread, especially with something so new and different. But there’s a grey line between being a helpful planning resource or something else. Generally speaking this thread - as with the rest of the main resort/FAQ threads - should slant towards planning related, trip reports, FAQs, and the like.

Thank you, and feel free to PM with questions/concerns.
Thanks moderator!!!!! Most of it does “feel” like a thread for people to vent on why they won’t go or don’t like the concept. I hope to see more happy dis fans soon!

I just had a look at the current availability calendar. Suddenly many of the remaining departure dates through the end of September are now sold out! The earliest voyage available to book is July 23... And even August (which previously never had any sold out dates) is almost half sold out.

I guess the media buzz from the press previews has had the effect that Disney was hoping for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter