STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

I’m still okay with the experience price tag, at least so far.
We dropped $400 for 2.5 hrs at Dave and Busters for our fam of 5 (inc dinner) and have Medieval Times coming up that is entering that same realm of cost for a singular experiencde. I’m using that as my price point to potentially justify. I can’t think of it as a hotel stay or even a theme park stay. But even the latter, we usually stay deluxe renting DVC pts and add on a party and deluxe dining plan. So…. we do GS and chill for a couple of nights at a non-disney hotel (with killer pool) to recoop afterwards. Not a bad vaca.

Having watched a few reviews now I will say the interior seems very nicely done up. It's a very cool hotel. But I wish it was just that...a really cool hotel where I could pay 800-1000 a night even to stay there without any outsiders wandering in. So much of the "show aspects" feel like they would be included in such a themed hotel. I dunno as big of a Star Wars fan as I am and as much as I could afford such an experience if I wanted to...I just think it wouldn't live up to my expectations for 6000 or so bucks and that's what would be in the back of my mind the whole trip. I hope everyone that decides to go has an incredible time and perhaps one day the cost would come down to match the experience...again in my own personal opinion. But I really do wish 6000 got you 6 or 7 nights and they could still have a storm trooper or two wandering around and I'd pay extra for the blue shrimp if I felt like it (not sure I would).

I am avoiding spoilers but devoured the food article from All Ears. Personally I am excited about the unique menu items but fear that the uniqueness will eventually be watered down and later voyagers will end up with chicken tenders with mac and cheese and the like based on guest feedback. Picky Eaters beware. I can hear it now, "My little Timmy only eats Lunchables. There was nothing for him to eat until our excursion day and had real food in HS."

Last edited:
$6,000 is a lot to ask of people with everything going up…my whole thing that makes this a no is this:

- You start your experience at 4 pm I should be able to check in early, shop, and take a look around while the ship is docked awaiting more passengers.

- The whole excursion to Galaxy’s Edge really is dumb, I’m sorry, but nothing more to break the immersion then to see toy story land peaking around

- I watched Paging Mr Morrows video and they rushed him out before he was finished his diner…so I have to choose between enjoying my food watching the show then getting pushed off?

- Needs more substance, character actors can’t carry this whole experience as much as they have been.

- Alcohol drinks are not included…are you kidding me? For that price you can’t throw some rum or vodka in my Star Wars drinks? The shame.

I can't unsee that space-electric slide. I just can't.

It has the same awkwardness that any big LARP has. It was a little uncomfortable to be honest.

Looks like an overpriced, where you're locked in a closet without any sunlight. The lack of sunlight is the biggest reason why I have zero desire to do this. I can go to paid for LARPs that are just as immersive without being locked away from the sun.

- The whole excursion to Galaxy’s Edge really is dumb, I’m sorry, but nothing more to break the immersion then to see toy story land peaking around

This is probably to get people fresh air and sun. Being locked away for long can't be good for people mentally.

…your lockdown included a diner show and lightsaber battles? I’m jealous.
I’ll admit my lockdown did include both these things, surprisingly. Well, my dinner show was fireworks and a band courtesy of my neighbor who does an elaborate show every NYE and 4th in honor of their son.

Last edited:
Which brings up the point. What happened to the original trailer light saber? The one where it came out of no where?

I would be honestly fairly disappointed if I showed up expecting that and they handed me a stick that glowed.
Rey appears with it for about five seconds before she promptly sets it on the ground and retrieves a heartier one for the show.

We watched stuff about it last night, and have to agree it just seems too busy!! It seems cool at first because you feel like your in the story, but with so many other people doing the exact same thing as you it loses to for me! But I’m not that big of a Star Wars fan so idk! :)

The money isn't an issue for me. It's the lack of sunlight. Why would I want to repeat lock down? I'm so over 2020. I want to get out more not less.
This!!!
I respect that this may be a whole experience for some, but I need out. Even if my morning coffee view is on a balcony over looking a parking lot.

Bridget Carey wrote a piece for CNET which describes an experience which is the complete opposite of this. I'm not getting into the whole "Who should you believe" issue, but you might find it interesting reading.

https://www.cnet.com/news/disneys-g...rs-hotel-its-like-living-inside-a-video-game/
Wow. I try to overlook things like this but the writing for that article is absolutely terrible. Like ... I can't believe a site like CNet doesn't have an editor (and/or the editor was off this week).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter