STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

To those that come to this happy place…bring a jacket or heavy costumes. My biggest mistake was not having any long sleeves. I kid you not. It was probably 65 degrees the whole time on the Starcruiser. It turns out space is cold.
Thanks for posting this. My costume is pretty warm and I was worried about wearing it all day when I go

For those of you who have been on the Halycon, what did you do your day of departure?

We arrive the evening before our voyage (Wed, Aug 30) and we'll be departing on a Saturday. We don't fly home until Monday morning, so we will have the day we get off and the next full day to do something (most likely will hit a WDW park on Sunday).

I hear people are pretty exhausted after. Would it be too much to try and visit a park? Should we just head to our resort (TBD) and hang by the pool until check in?

We were absolutely wiped out, and we are a "go-go-go" sort of family. We were supposed to fly out the next day and I switched our flights to leave the same day we got off Halcyon. We were walking around Disney Springs after getting off the ship and must have looked like a family of zombies.

I wanted to add my two cents to the Starcruiser discussion after following this thread for quite some time. We cruised back in January of this year after a COVID delay for our original sailing date last July. To my knowledge, I've never watched a Star Wars movie from start to finish. My kids like to say that I'm the muggle version of a Star Wars person.

My wife and son are huge Star Wars fans and we decided to take the plunge. The comments about insane pricing and Disney losing the marketing messaging battle are all valid.

At the end of the day, after dozens of Disney trips worldwide, Starcruiser is the greatest Disney experience I've ever had. It's not even close.

The interactivity of the experience is incredible. The cast on our first cruise were so engaging, beyond anything I could have imagined. We made friendships onboard the ship that I suspect will last a long time.

It almost seems arrogant to write this, but you really have to experience it to understand what all the fuss is about. I was 100% in the camp of "there's no way this will be worth it". I even tried to resist the pull into the various plots. That lasted until the muster drill shortly after boarding where a cast member got down on one knee and connected with my son. From that point forward, it was a whirlwind 36 hours that left us exhilarated, exhausted and craving another adventure. Even our daughter, a self-avowed introvert who begrudgingly came along, was whisked into the plot and ran with it.

We were so incredibly fortunate to score a second voyage next week and I'm counting down the days. We know that we have some of the same cast members on our voyage from last time.

Maybe the second time won't be as special as the first because there won't be quite as many surprises. But, I'm expecting to make some great memories, and I'm expecting Starcruiser once again to take me to a place I never knew I wanted to be.

Maybe the second time won't be as special as the first because there won't be quite as many surprises. But, I'm expecting to make some great memories, and I'm expecting Starcruiser once again to take me to a place I never knew I wanted to be.

Everything I've heard is that the second time is even better! And your review as a Star Wars muggle makes me even more excited to be going at the end of August. Especially on these last cruises where so many folks are return guests and everyone is all in.

Last edited:

Everything I've heard is that the second time is even better! And your review as a Star Wars muggle makes me even more excited to be going at the end of August. Especially on these last cruises where so many folks our return guests and everyone is all in.
No question I spent way too much time on the first voyage capturing all the pictures and video, etc. I was also instructed by my son that I needed to play for the bad guys. So, I was a double agent and missed out on many of the things that my family got to do.

And, it was still one of the most incredible experiences of my life.

Pic attached showing one of the cast connecting with our son before the muster drill started. He was truly one of the most special cast members we connected with. He owned his role the entire time we were on the ship and enriched our experience in so many ways.

Attachments

• IMG_4339.JPG
    IMG_4339.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 43
I just got back from my second voyage and I’m still blown away by how amazing the experience is — the interactive elements, the cast/crew, the ship, the food. I enjoyed both voyages for different reasons. My first was about half full, and there were many benefits to that. But this one had so much energy and lots of super fans that made it really fun.

I totally agree that this is the best experience I’ve had at Disney.

Super sad that it’s closing and Disney didn’t give it more time to try and make it work.

Anyone running any of the WDW Marathon runDisney events in January? It would be amazing for a group of Halcyon fans to dress up like Raith, Sandro, Saga, Croy, etc… and run together. Or even have the same shirts that have a saying Forever(Halcyon) style, “Is this the way to the Galactic Starcruiser”, “Have you seen the Hayananeya?”, “Gaya fan club”, Bridge Characters, or something down those lines

Anyone running any of the WDW Marathon runDisney events in January? It would be amazing for a group of Halcyon fans to dress up like Raith, Sandro, Saga, Croy, etc… and run together. Or even have the same shirts that have a saying Forever(Halcyon) style, “Is this the way to the Galactic Starcruiser”, “Have you seen the Hayananeya?”, “Gaya fan club”, Bridge Characters, or something down those lines
I love this idea! I'm not running this year, otherwise I'd be all in!

is it possible to navigate the Starcruiser efficiently on an ECV? I will be 8 weeks post Bunion surgery at that point, and I’m not sure how all the walking will be with the swelling, etc. I’m worried about overdoing it, because I remember there was a lot of activity, the last time I was on the Starcruiser. I’m also worried about being able to wear my boots for my costume. They are wide foot boots, but still. The costume won’t work without them.

is it possible to navigate the Starcruiser efficiently on an ECV? I will be 8 weeks post Bunion surgery at that point, and I’m not sure how all the walking will be with the swelling, etc. I’m worried about overdoing it, because I remember there was a lot of activity, the last time I was on the Starcruiser. I’m also worried about being able to wear my boots for my costume. They are wide foot boots, but still. The costume won’t work without them.
Yes, absolutely! I used an ECV on a voyage July 2-4 of this year. I walked a little, but easily negotiated all aspects of moving around the ship. There was one other ECV user on our trip for sure, and perhaps more than one other one. The cast will be very helpful to you. There will probably be a time or two when a group of people "on a mission" walk down the stairs, and you have to wait for the elevator to catch up with them, but that is about the only issue that I encountered. I can't say for sure about the boots, though I suspect that you will be able to wear them.

The July 2-4 group was the greatest group of Star Wars fans I have ever joined! We had a large Facebook group running before the trip and afterwards--still with new posts now.

My 12 yr old son is the pickiest eater. Will they allow for dinner him to get kids cheese pizza vs other adult foods?

My 12 yr old son is the pickiest eater. Will they allow for dinner him to get kids cheese pizza vs other adult foods?
They’re amazing with the food! At dinner they made things on request that weren’t on the menu (for my sister’s 1.5 year old that was with us). They were also great with food allergies at all meals, including the buffets. They made custom food for my friends who had tricky dietary restrictions.

So thankful to have been able to experience this journey. I was disappointed when I heard it was concluding. What really made my heart sink was what my son (8) said when I told him the news. He said, “I’m really sad, because someday I thought I would take my kids.”

While the Halcyon had its detractors, the experience was a uniquely Disney one, sparking joy across generations.

To the cast & crew of the Halcyon, THANK YOU! You let Star Wars fans live out their dream, by becoming part of the story. You are all truly gifted in your craft.

To the Imagineers, Thank You for creating an experience that was so special and unique. Please continue to push past the boundaries and create experiences. You showed that the possibilities are endless.

And thank you to this forum. You helped us plan, you gave tips, you shared your stories. Together As One!

Our journey in ‘22 was amazing. The most memorable experience we have ever had. To watch DD(now 17) live out her dream, was & will always be priceless.

May the force be with you, always.

I'm still coming to grips that it's closed. As someone who's never been a Star Wars fan our experience on Halcyon may very well be the best we've ever had at Disney World. The interactions were incredible, truly memorable. The cast put so much energy into their roles. We will miss this so, so much.

I'm still coming to grips that it's closed. As someone who's never been a Star Wars fan our experience on Halcyon may very well be the best we've ever had at Disney World. The interactions were incredible, truly memorable. The cast put so much energy into their roles. We will miss this so, so much.
Agreed! I feel so lucky that we got to have our first and only voyage a month ago. Definitely our peak Disney experience, even edging out our wonderful Disney Alaska cruise. The dedication of the cast and crew was amazing and the fellow passengers made it all so fun. Even the food was amazing. Our crew of different vegan, gluten-free, and picky-kid folks felt so taken care of.

I am a bit upset I never got the chance to experience this. It was on my bucket list but I did not have the funds to do it before it closed. I would have in another year or two.

Shopdisney has some of the clothing on sale. Has anyone bought the adult tunic? Wondering if it is well-made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter