STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

Could you please advise about tipping on the Halcyon? Particularly I need to plan ahead for cash tips if they are needed. Thanks!

I promise I've read all 150 pages of this thread -- but even after that, I feel like I'm still unclear about the luggage/transportation questions around Starcruiser. So I hope you'll be patient (and kind) as I try to confirm (or not) what I've gleaned from the thread. Here's my situation and how I think luggage/transportation will work. Please let me know if I'm on the mark:

-Transportation from the airport to WDW is on me, so I'll arrange for transportation from MCO to the Poly for our pre-Starcruiser night.

-We'll get a late (12 noon) checkout from the Poly because we're Starcruiser guests.

-Will the Poly transfer our luggage to the Starcruiser? (I believe Starcruiser does not transfer luggage on the back end of the stay as described below.)

-My understanding is we will get a taxi from the Poly to the Starcruiser and the taxi will be given a voucher when we arrive at the Starcruiser.

-Checkout from the Starcruiser is 10 am, and Starcruiser will not transfer luggage to another resort.

-My understanding is we will get a taxi from the Starcruiser to our post-cruise resort, Wilderness Lodge, and the taxi will be given a voucher (presumably when it picks us up at Starcruiser).

-Transportation from Wilderness Lodge to the airport is on me, and I'll arrange for that transportation.

Thank you so much for your help.

-Will the Poly transfer our luggage to the Starcruiser? (I believe Starcruiser does not transfer luggage on the back end of the stay as described below.)

-My understanding is we will get a taxi from the Poly to the Starcruiser and the taxi will be given a voucher when we arrive at the Starcruiser.
You take your luggage with you in the provided Taxi that takes you from the Polynesian to the Starcrusier.

You take your luggage with you in the provided Taxi from the Starcrusier to your next Disney destination if you are moving to a Disneyworld resort.

Dave

You take your luggage with you in the provided Taxi that takes you from the Polynesian to the Starcrusier.

You take your luggage with you in the provided Taxi from the Starcrusier to your next Disney destination if you are moving to a Disneyworld resort.

Dave
Thank you!

Has anyone found a candle that decently replicates the scent of the Halcyon atrium or the CSL souvenir candle?

I saw Magic Candle Co. has a Starcruiser themed scent - if anyone has a review/comparison I’d love to read it, but since their candles make my sinuses feel funny other recommendations are also greatly appreciated.

Has anyone here stayed in the Grand Captain's Suite (2 bedroom)? We lucked into a cancellation yesterday, but it was for this bigger, expensive suite rather than the standard cabin we were wanting.

Curious, what, if any, perks come with as the suite above the extra space? I know there is some kind of gift basket (snacks and water?). Anything other things aboard the ship or related to the story? I've been having a hard time finding much info other than a few room tour videos.

We'd have to share with another family to make this work (but have already found tons of people in Facebook groups looking to share). I guess I'm trying to decide if I want to keep trying for a standard cabin or if the extras of the suite make finding people to share worthwhile.

Autographs with Gaya - do they provide a photo card or other item, or are passengers supposed to bring something to be autographed?

*edit* Answered by a CM. Guests provide their own item to be autographed.

Last edited:
@shosh1530 the Grand Captains Suite is made up a Galaxy Suite and a standard cabin combined so somewhat splitable between 2 groups.

In the main suite there is a double vanity bathroom, a second bathroom with a single vanity, a bar area, 3 windows with views out into space, and a few extra Star Wars surprises (don't want to spoil).

Specifications:
  • Sleeps: 8 passengers
  • Room Configuration: 2 queen beds, 2 berths (bunk beds) for one adult each, and 2 wall pull-down beds for one adult each
Dave

@shosh1530 the Grand Captains Suite is made up a Galaxy Suite and a standard cabin combined so somewhat splitable between 2 groups.

In the main suite there is a double vanity bathroom, a second bathroom with a single vanity, a bar area, 3 windows with views out into space, and a few extra Star Wars surprises (don't want to spoil).

Specifications:
  • Sleeps: 8 passengers
  • Room Configuration: 2 queen beds, 2 berths (bunk beds) for one adult each, and 2 wall pull-down beds for one adult each
Dave
Thanks, Dave!

Do you by any chance know the location of the two wall pull-down beds? I'm seeing different things on different websites/videos, so I'm not sure if it varies by suite or if I'm seeing inaccurate info. I know at least one is in the living room area, but what about the second one?

I just got off the Starcruiser on July 2nd. Wow, what an experience! That was amazing! My only regret is not buying more items on the ship. For example I bought only one set of Sabacc coins and now I realize I need another set. If anyone wants to pick one up, let me know. Seriously buy anything you think you may want. Good journey to everyone going on upcoming trips

I just got off the Starcruiser on July 2nd. Wow, what an experience! That was amazing! My only regret is not buying more items on the ship. For example I bought only one set of Sabacc coins and now I realize I need another set. If anyone wants to pick one up, let me know. Seriously buy anything you think you may want. Good journey to everyone going on upcoming trips
I didn't buy the large ship model last year and wish I had!

To those that come to this happy place…bring a jacket or heavy costumes. My biggest mistake was not having any long sleeves. I kid you not. It was probably 65 degrees the whole time on the Starcruiser. It turns out space is cold.

For those of you who have been on the Halycon, what did you do your day of departure?

We arrive the evening before our voyage (Wed, Aug 30) and we'll be departing on a Saturday. We don't fly home until Monday morning, so we will have the day we get off and the next full day to do something (most likely will hit a WDW park on Sunday).

I hear people are pretty exhausted after. Would it be too much to try and visit a park? Should we just head to our resort (TBD) and hang by the pool until check in?

For those of you who have been on the Halycon, what did you do your day of departure?

We arrive the evening before our voyage (Wed, Aug 30) and we'll be departing on a Saturday. We don't fly home until Monday morning, so we will have the day we get off and the next full day to do something (most likely will hit a WDW park on Sunday).

I hear people are pretty exhausted after. Would it be too much to try and visit a park? Should we just head to our resort (TBD) and hang by the pool until check in?

We were so tired! We moved over to the Swan Reserve and went into Epcot, but we really only walked around a bit, got something to eat, and then went back to the hotel for a nap and pool time (we were fortunate to get into the room early).

We drove to Disney Springs and sat in the garage for an hour. We were waiting to check into another hotel in Orlando and figured we’d go to Disney Springs- which we eventually did, but wow, we really just needed that hour to sit, ha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter