Spoodles Pizza Window/counter service

supersuperwendy

any happy little thought?
The Spoodles Pizza Window is listed as a counter service place on the 2007 Dining Plan. It has really good choices for adults and kids....is there a special menu to use them for counter service? Or do they actually give you regular menu items to go, but consider them counter service???

The Spoodles Pizza Window has its own menu, separate from that of Spoodles (the restaurant). I just want to make sure you know that, to preclude any confusion. The Spoodles Pizza Window menu includes only pizza, salad, beer, soda and wine. That's it.

For a CS credit, you get one slice. (A full pie requires 6CS credits, and recent changes to the Dining Plan may preclude ordering a full pie anymore, with anything less than six people in your party.)

This is good to hear. In November the Spoodles Pizza Window didn't accept the DDP.

Maybe I didn't see the most current list of restaurants, but as far as I can see the Spoodles Pizza Window is NOT on the 2007 plan. I accessed the list of restaurants via the Disneyworld website and the Spoodles Pizza Window is not on the list of participating restaurants. The Spoodles Pizza Window had been on the 2006 list of participating restaurants, but sometime during the year that changed and as of late November they DID NOT accept the DDP. Unless someone can produce a confirmed latest and greatest list that is more official than the one on the Disneyworld website I'd assume the Spoodles Pizza Window is not included. Perhaps the OP meant to say Spoodles was included, hence the question regarding menu items?

You're correct: It isn't on the list of the participating restaurants for 2007. Perhaps it has stopped participating.

You're correct: It isn't on the list of the participating restaurants for 2007. Perhaps it has stopped participating.

It's easier to stop taking the plan then having to explain to guests why one CS doesn't entitle a guest to a whole pizza. There really aren't many CS choices in the EPCOT resort area but there are plenty of good CS restaurants in EPCOT.

That's too bad, if true. Though many would laugh at using it as a CS, sometimes all you wanted was a slice of soda, some pop and a rice krispie treat. We definitely used that in early December this year. Oh, well.

That's too bad, if true. Though many would laugh at using it as a CS, sometimes all you wanted was a slice of soda, some pop and a rice krispie treat. We definitely used that in early December this year. Oh, well.
We were there the week after Thanksgiving, specifically we were at the BW the day after, and they did not accept the DDP at the Spoodles Pizza Window. If you were able to use credits there in December maybe they have made a change......but it isn't listed in the brochure. :confused3.

It sound like it varies back and forth over time. That doesn't sound logical. Are we sure that everyone here is talking about the same place?

The one I am talking about the Counter Service Spoodles window that serves slices of pizza (and entire pizzas). It is the window off the boardwalk and you do not enter Spoodles at all.

For the DDP, you got one slice of pizza, drink and a dessert (rice krispie bar).

Hope that helps.

Has anyone used Dining Plan credits at the Pizza Window since January 1?

We had a full pie from the pizza window on Dec 14th.

My DH picked it up. He had to pay out of pocket. He asked for half pepperoni and half cheese (large). I believe it was $15 plus tax. They dumped the pepperoni they normally put on a whole pie all on the half side. I've never seen so much pepperoni!!

By the way. The pizza was really good! I have seen a DISer give it a bad review. We loved it.

DH went back to the window later to get our mugs refilled and complimented them on the pizza.

When they said thanks, they added that pizza sauce and crust were made from scratch.

No wonder it was so good. That DISer that gave it a bad review must have been too used to processed pizza sauce or something.

Are we sure that everyone here is talking about the same place?

Yeah...we're talking abou the same thing. When we were at the BW in November we were getting lunch at Boardwalk Bakery, and were talking about getting the kids pizza at the Spoodles Window. The CM overheard us and said they didn't accept dining plan credits. Well, the Pizza Window didn't open for another 20 minutes, so we finished our lunch and then went over to the window. I asked what I could get with a DDP CS credit and the CM said they didn't accept the DDP.

Could have been CM confusion I suppose, but it's odd that the Spoodles Window was in the 2006 brochure and isn't in the 2007 version. It will be interesting to see if we get any 2007 reports for confirmation either way.

You know, if they don't take the credits anymore, that is going to be a real bummer. If I remember correctly, there were only 2 places (inclucing Spoodles counter window) that offered CS credit options if you were staying at Boardwalk. I remember that being a real pain for us before.

You know, if they don't take the credits anymore, that is going to be a real bummer. If I remember correctly, there were only 2 places (inclucing Spoodles counter window) that offered CS credit options if you were staying at Boardwalk. I remember that being a real pain for us before.

It was a pain. We had to go in the boat over to Epcot and eat at World Showcase.

Thank goodness for park hoppers!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter