Split stay - 180+10

LadyZolt

DIS Veteran
Reading the posts on here about Christmas ADR's made me wonder -- I'm staying at the Shades of Green this upcoming December, so I couldn't make my ADR's at the 180+10, but had to wait for 180 for each one. Naturally, the time I wanted for Le Cellier wasn't open, but I did all right at 7:00 pm for dinner.

Let's say I stayed at a Disney hotel for one night, and then transferred to SOG for the remaining nights. For example, arrive and stay at POP on December 16th, then transfer to SOG for the 17th through the 26th (or whatever). Naturally, it's too late for this year, but for the future -- if I did that, would the one night reservation at POP give me the 180+10 ADR ability?

When I called for my ADRs this year, they asked where I was staying and I told them Shades of Green, but could someone get away with lying and saying POP or Beach Club or whatever? I'd never do that, but I was just wondering how they check on where you say you're staying and if it would matter if your first night was at a regular Disney resort, but your other nights were not. Any thoughts?

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

not sure how that works, my husband made all our ADR's but I think he said they asked him for his confirmation # for our stay
The only one we had to call back for was Rainforest Cafe at the exact 180 day mark:confused3

Spilt stay is a term used by guest.
Disney views each resort stay as a separate and distinct stay.

In regard to the 180+10 with multiple resorts...we have found Disney to be inconsistent in this area over the years. You should consider each resort stay will have it's own 180+10 requirement.

The +10 aspect is what impacts families staying for a short duration since longer vacations will be able to make ADRs through your entire stay before you even are allowed.

Spilt stay is a term used by guest.
Disney views each resort stay as a separate and distinct stay.

In regard to the 180+10 with multiple resorts...we have found Disney to be inconsistent in this area over the years. You should consider each resort stay will have it's own 180+10 requirement.

The +10 aspect is what impacts families staying for a short duration since longer vacations will be able to make ADRs through your entire stay before you even are allowed.

Thanks! That answers the question. It can really make a difference when it's going to be really crowded, like at Christmas. I appreciate the help!

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

It worked for me! We are at AKL for one night, Dec 1. Then we are on a 4 night DCL cruise. Then back to BWV for Dec 6-11. I called at the 180+10 day mark using the Dec 1 confirmation to make my ADRS for Dec 1 thru Dec 10. INCLUDING Cinderella's Royal Table on Dec 9th for breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter