Spin - off - Tattoos?

I have two - The first is comedy and tragedy masks on my right lower hip from the years when I did theatre. I also have a four leaf clover on my left hip bone. I would like to get my kids names and birth dates on my rib cage and would also like a Tink line design, but I haven't decided where yet.

No regrets on what I already have, although I did get them "hidden" in case I ever did. I can't remember how long they took (over 20 years old) but I don't remember extreme pain. I was aware, but it wasn't too bad either time.

On my back left shoulder area I have a small Chinese symbol (supposedly) meaning "Long Life." I got it about 1992. It's green with a black outline. I really don't remember how long it took or how much it cost. Maybe an hour and $50.

Four years ago, a tattoo shop in Venice Beach, CA was having a "Mother's Day Special." Choice of 3 small simple tattoos for $50. I got a red rose on my right back shoulder.

Both are visible when I wear a bathing suit or tank top with narrow straps. Neither have any real meaning to me; I just liked them.

I have a small heart on my inner wrist. Got it during a bachelorette party. We got this bright idea to go get matching tattoos after a night of drinking. A la hangover style. Fun times.
:rotfl2:A collegue of mine came back from a drunken guy's weekend in Vegas with 4 bold, black Chinese symbols tattooed across the knuckles of his right hand. Turns out one of them does NOT mean what he thought it meant and is actually totally vulgar.

Tattoos? I can respect those who chose to do them. But on me? No. No way, no how.

It's funny, I swear it must be a pre-requisite to live in the south. There were certainly plenty of people up north who had them, but down here nearly everyone does. DW (she doesn't have any either) and I go to the community pool and I swear we're the only ones over 18 years old who don't have one...and sometimes I think half of the 13 year olds have them.

No tattoos for me, and I will very likely never get one. I really don't like them; I find them unsettling. No judgement on the people who chose to get them; it is my issue.

My DH has two, though, and I don't find his to be as upsetting as those on others. His are on his ankles and are fairly small (a bike chain around one angle and a logo from a bike company on the other). I guess I am probably just used to them.

None. But I have stock in a company that makes lasers used to remove tattoos. I think in 10 years, business will be booming as the tattoo trend fades and people tire of their body art.

:rotfl2:A collegue of mine came back from a drunken guy's weekend in Vegas with 4 bold, black Chinese symbols tattooed across the knuckles of his right hand. Turns out one of them does NOT mean what he thought it meant and is actually totally vulgar.

I said my Chinese symbol tattoo supposedly meant Long Life because at the time there was really no easy way to confirm it. I just selected from about two dozen Chinese symbols and took their word about the meaning, As far as I knew at the time, it could have been shorthand for "I'm a fool for getting a tattoo."

A few years later, the internet and a Chinese speaker confirmed it meant Longevity.

1e744f972a423ad44e000bf00a83f16e.jpg

I have two tattoos:

paw prints around my wrist to remind me that when the people are driving me crazy I'm working for the animals. Most people think just think its a bracelet.

I also have the one below. Got it because people kept telling me to give up on working with animals for more "appropriate" careers like their little Drs and Architects. Next week I start work at an international animal charity who work with governments around the world and inform the UN on their animal policies so I think I showed them :D. Plus I love Disney :mickeyjum:simba:

Right now I have one. It is an ample bracelet with my DS & DGDs initials dangling.

I was thinking of getting "Roger Goodell kiss here" on my backside but go a wait til next Lombardi trophy :rotfl2::rotfl2:

My DH wants a Bruins puck with property of DH there so it is in negotiation.:dancer:
Lol love the Rodger idea!
I have the flying Elvis (patriot logo for non fans) tatted on my foot. Told my artist "just like the nike swoosh"

I have 8 so far:

-lizard on my back (my first tattoo at age 22)
-Dragonfly on my stomach
-Aries ram on my shoulder
-cat paw print on one wrist, ferret paw print on the other
-Celtic cat on my calf
-My twins' bday on my upper arm (where my arm would rest against my heart)
-TIE Interceptor flying in space on my foot

I don't regret any of them, most people are pretty surprised when they finally notice I have a tattoo, I'm the only one in my close circle of friends who has any. The ones on my wrist are small and easily hidden, the only one that really shows is the one on my foot, I got it last year on my birthday (37) when I was finally ready to have a "visable" tattoo.

I currently have 2, both on my shoulder blades:
1) Celtic cross with a sword in front of it piercing a rose. It's a symbol of my love for fantasy (I read and write fantasy and in general it's my favorite genre in all types of entertainment).
2) The tree of life in Celtic knots with three shooting stars. The stars are in memory of my mother, grandmother, and best friend who have all passed away in the last few years.

I want 2 more:
1) Phantasm Bastion written on my foot as that is the old RP forum my best friend and I wrote on and the influence for my book series.
2) The old Epcot logo between my shoulder blades. Brings in my love for Disney without being too in your face about it. It also fits the aesthetic I already have in that area.

1E.jpg

I have 0 tattoos, although I've often considered this one on the inside of my my right forearm:

upload_2017-5-22_10-55-21.png

It's an icon from the U2 album All That You Can't Leave Behind.

Example:
images

I want to get one but I am not sure about where. It's a phrase, "More than you'll ever know" and i want it small and only visable to me. It has personal meaning and was something my dad said after he said I love you.

The second, I want to get on my right bicep. I just want a UPC symbol.

I almost did this when I was about 19. I worked at a Wal-Mart that had a Tire & Lube Express. I had to wear a vest that had the price of our basic oil change on the back. I constantly got ridiculed, but made the best of it. I desperately wanted a bar code on the back of my neck with that price. I will admit that now, 20 years later, I'm glad I didn't do it.

But I do have a tramp stamp. It's a swirly flowery thing that I helped design with the tattoo artist. It needs touching up, but I really want to change it a bit and haven't decided what I want to do exactly. Something that incorporates Mickey I'm sure. I got it on my 20th birthday. It took about an hour and cost about $100 I think.

I don't have any and neither does dh. Our kids all have them. Older DS has some sayings in Latin on his arms and a gun on each bicep. He wants an oil rig crane on his shoulder. Younger DS has a Celtic cross on his calf. (i actually like that one) and a symbol for fatherhood on his back. DD has Stitch on her side with 4 hearts above his head and the saying "Ohana, Always and Forever". Its in memory of the family members she has lost in the last few years and there is one heart for each person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter