Spin - off - Tattoos?

I'm the middle of three sisters. Ten years ago we went together and each got a seashell about the size of a silver dollar on the top of our feet. They represent our love of our family beach house we've had since we were kids, and are a kind of shout out to our late parents who worked so hard to afford and actually physically build the place.

I have 1 on the inside of my wrist. It's my sister's signature from a card she wrote. I got it right after she passed away in 2010. The only regret is that it's not looking as "sharp" now as it did when I first got it.

It wasn't then, it is now, not by my choice or action, but by the choice of the fund managers of the mutual fund I have owned for about 10 years.
Of course.

I'm so glad I didn't block you years ago. You've become the most amusing and predictable person on the Dis!

Of course.

I'm so glad I didn't block you years ago. You've become the most amusing and predictable person on the Dis!
Can't deny the predictable. Amusing depends who you ask.

What's a Prince Albert tattoo? I've heard of the piercing, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to get in trouble for mentioning it. Also, if she's a woman, then I'm going to get in even more trouble for wanting to ask additional questions.

And women don't usually fall apart at 40. I'm not there yet, but nothing has started sagging and I'm thinner than in high school, so not really sure what your point is.
A tattoo of Prince Albert. I haven't seen it, so I have idea which part of the Prince is sagging.

Attachments

• photography.jpeg
    photography.jpeg
    20.7 KB · Views: 6
I have three. A yellow rose rising out of a purple heart on my ankle that I got to honor my Mom in 2005, her favorite flower and color. It has a banner going across the heart that says, "Mom." She loved it. On my other ankle is a cross with an arch over it that reads 'in memory of' and a banner swirling around the cross that reads 'Mom.' And on my left forearm I have a dragonfly. After our trip to WDW this December, my sister and I are going to get matching tattoos and we'd like something like the Mickey head logo done in an artistic way.

I have seven.

A shamrock on the top of my right foot.
An anchor on the inside of my left heel.
A semicolon on the inside of my right heel.
Song lyrics on my ribs on the left side.
"I refuse to sink" on my ribs on the right side.
A tree with the branches bending (like in the wind) on my back between my shoulder blades.
Forget me nots on the top of my left shoulder.

The shamrock I got because I liked it. The anchor is to remind me to keep my feet on the ground, keep me afloat, and to symbolize stability and security. Semi colon to remind myself that my story isn't over yet; rough patches pass. The song lyrics are from the song that was playing when my newborn son died. "I refuse to sink" for the same reasons as the anchor and to remind myself to keep going. The tree to remind me to symbolize strength and flexibility: bend, don't break. The forget me nots are for my mom. When she was in college she wanted to get them tattooed on her bikini line (Dirty! Dirty!). She never did it, so I got them for her because she didn't.

I have 9. One I'm in the process of covering up. Ouch. 20 + year old scar tissue hurts. The rest have meaning to me. Won't ever consider removal.

Yes! I have one and a fun story behind it! I was diagnosed with breast cancer - I told my DH I was thinking of getting a tattoo that says BELIEVE and the "L" would be a pink ribbon for breast cancer. I didn't end up getting it but I said to myself "if cancer ever comes back I'm getting it" and lo and behold it came back exactly a year later. To make a long story short - I ended up being on the Ellen DeGeneres show because of what I've been though and she flew me and my family out to CA. While enjoying the walk of fame area in Hollywood on a whim I had my tattoo done there! The reason I was out there was because of my cancer so it was perfect. I love it! Reminds me every day to just believe that all will be ok and that I can overcome anything. And I have! Two years cancer free so far. :flower3:

Yes! I have one and a fun story behind it! I was diagnosed with breast cancer - I told my DH I was thinking of getting a tattoo that says BELIEVE and the "L" would be a pink ribbon for breast cancer. I didn't end up getting it but I said to myself "if cancer ever comes back I'm getting it" and lo and behold it came back exactly a year later. To make a long story short - I ended up being on the Ellen DeGeneres show because of what I've been though and she flew me and my family out to CA. While enjoying the walk of fame area in Hollywood on a whim I had my tattoo done there! The reason I was out there was because of my cancer so it was perfect. I love it! Reminds me every day to just believe that all will be ok and that I can overcome anything. And I have! Two years cancer free so far. :flower3:

What an uplifting story! I admire your ability to see the good through it all.

I don't do tattoos. I go for body modification instead. On the inside.

All I have to show for it are big scars and a ticking sound.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter