SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update after yesterday morning's reservation rush/debacle. I've yet to receive ADR email confirmations beyond the very first one I received prior to the initial site crash. Granted, everything is showing correctly in My Plans, but I'm just curious if anyone else is missing confirmations? It almost seems like the system can't generate them post crash.

Apparently they’re using a virtual queue for the rest of the week (you still put your name on the list in person), and you can even pick the time you want to return if it’s available. MUCH better than yesterday!!

Just as an update for folks, we have a trip starting on 11/20, so I jumped on the site this morning to book. I was able to get 11/27 for lunch, but didn't see any times before that. I wasn't planning on doing Epcot that day, but happy to change plans to fit in this restaurant that I've been waiting so long for.
We’re also arriving on 11/20. I checked this morning, and there is nothing available at all the week of Thanksgiving. You’re lucky you got something on 11/27. I wasn’t able to find anything that day. Oh well. I’ll keep checking. I’m not 100% sure this is really a reservation I want. I’m waiting to learn if kids who are 10 are able to order from the kids menu but pay the full adult price. If my daughter, who is 10 and a child, is required to order from the adult menu, we will skip it.

We’re also arriving on 11/20. I checked this morning, and there is nothing available at all the week of Thanksgiving. You’re lucky you got something on 11/27. I wasn’t able to find anything that day. Oh well. I’ll keep checking. I’m not 100% sure this is really a reservation I want. I’m waiting to learn if kids who are 10 are able to order from the kids menu but pay the full adult price. If my daughter, who is 10 and a child, is required to order from the adult menu, we will skip it.
I’m not aware of any restaurant at Disney that doesn’t allow this. As long as you’re willing to pay adult pricing every place we’ve been in Disney has been accommodating. My issue is more paying the adult prices for a 10 year old that’s never going to eat all her child portioned meal forget an adult portion.

Touring plans tweeted that adults can't order off the kids menu at all, no matter what.
I’m not aware of any restaurant at Disney that doesn’t allow this. As long as you’re willing to pay adult pricing every place we’ve been in Disney has been accommodating. My issue is more paying the adult prices for a 10 year old that’s never going to eat all her child portioned meal forget an adult portion.
Someone posted this yesterday. It appears kids who are over the age of 9 have to order from the adult menu. :confused3

Ended up with a party of 4 when there are only 2 of us. Do I need to call Disney to get them to modify it to just 2 people? Or does it not matter?
lol when are you going? Maybe 2 peeps from here who could not get anything would join you! Lol…like my husband and I! Kidding..kinda…

seriously..I would try to change it. They might be able to free up space for someone else…

unless you are going oct 28 and don’t mind a party of two strangers joining you…hehe!

It's a 50th anniversary "improvement" - as a PP noted, this is currently the known guidance for this restaurant today. Pushback could change it, but right now, kids menu is for 9 and unders only, and no one older can order it no matter what they pay.

For anyone looking for reservations for dates being added in the future, I learned this yesterday:

View attachment 606411
Ok so where would the Cali Grill post 10/3 fall? I assume at 545 am? Or is the anniversary prix fixe menu considered special?

this at least should take some pressure off their servers, I guess, by separating the times for ADRs vs events but kind of sucks for the guest: arrange ADRs at 545 am, then wait 75 minutes?

I wonder if they are not allowing anyone over 9 to order from the kids menu because of the trading cards :confused3 Although, you can get those if you buy a mocktail. Also, are those really that popular? Still seems weird to me though. Why not make more money by charging an adult price but serving cheaper and less food.

Ok so where would the Cali Grill post 10/3 fall? I assume at 545 am? Or is the anniversary prix fixe menu considered special?

this at least should take some pressure off their servers, I guess, by separating the times for ADRs vs events but kind of sucks for the guest: arrange ADRs at 545 am, then wait 75 minutes?
People were booking Space220 at 5:34am. When I first tried around that time it didn't even come up so I thought I was too early but I think the servers were already getting overloaded. I had to try multiple times and when I finally got through at around 5:46 there were a lot of lags happening. So start early.

That being said, do not give up in the middle of your booking. Expect the lag. Once you get in and click on the time you want, if you get a frozen screen of any type do not abandon your ADR, try using the back button and go from there. I think that many people give up mid- booking so those reservations are kind of in space for awhile. Then every so often you will see more availability because they become available again.

Just to see, after I had my first Space ADR, I tried various days and times and I actually was successful 4 times. (they are cancelled now) Since I was not pressured I was hitting back and just waiting for things to catch up. If your first choice day is 'sold out' try another day. Then go back 20 minutes later and try for that day again.

I wonder if they are not allowing anyone over 9 to order from the kids menu because of the trading cards :confused3 Although, you can get those if you buy a mocktail. Also, are those really that popular? Still seems weird to me though. Why not make more money by charging an adult price but serving cheaper and less food.
I think they just don't want to get into any discussions with people. Follow the rules. That's so Disney. btw the sugary mocktails baffle me. Why melt all that cotton candy into your drink? When we were kids we put cotton candy in the pool during picnics so btdt.

Agree with posters above, looking early is the way to go. Honestly, I'm just going to do this for everything until that time changes. In retrospect it makes sense why logging on at 6 am I couldn't find so many reservations. They were probably gone!

Agree with posters above, looking early is the way to go. Honestly, I'm just going to do this for everything until that time changes. In retrospect it makes sense why logging on at 6 am I couldn't find so many reservations. They were probably gone!
Same here. I need to put a carafe of coffee on my nightstand.

Someone posted this yesterday. It appears kids who are over the age of 9 have to order from the adult menu. :confused3
Wow! That’s pretty ridiculous if you ask me, if you are willing to pay the insane price for your 10 year old to eat here they should be able to eat what they would like. I’ll be shocked if that policy stay around long. Luckily mine is a steak lover so worst case she could get a steak. Was hoping to get a chance before she’s a Disney adult but unless we get lucky in the next week or so it’s not looking great, won’t be back until she’s an “adult”

Just an update after yesterday morning's reservation rush/debacle. I've yet to receive ADR email confirmations beyond the very first one I received prior to the initial site crash. Granted, everything is showing correctly in My Plans, but I'm just curious if anyone else is missing confirmations? It almost seems like the system can't generate them post crash.
I didn’t get an email either but it shows in my MDE.

Yep, the kids meal thing will be a deal breaker for us. My 14 year old will not eat anything on the adult menu. I’m willing to pay 55 for her Mac and cheese. They can keep the cards. If they say no, I will be ‘that person’ throwing a fit with the manager.
I'm not sure I've ever heard of anything more ridiculous than making a kid order from an adult menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!