SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried and tried to get a resrvation for 2 in different days.. never got a slot…

then I tried with 4 and magic happened.. slots were available… I booked but now will have to figure how to update the party and avoid charges… any tips on that matter pls?
Thanks

There is no penalty for having 2 people dine instead of 4. We are often a party of 2. I frequently have to make ADRs for 4 in order to get ADRs we want. Precovid shutdown, it happened most often at Tutto Italia. We have been 4 times this year & it seems to be getting worse. Our trip last week I had to book for 4 at almost half our ADRs. We prefer a table service every day & frequently book signature places. It’s ridiculous they make us play this game. Parties of 2 need to eat also!

Last edited:
There is no penalty for having 2 people dine instead of 4. We are often a party of 2. I frequently have to make ADRs for 4 in order to get ADRs we want. Precovid shutdown, it happened most often at Tutto Italia. We have been 4 times this year & it seems to be getting worse. Our trip last week I had to make book for 4 at almost half our ADRs. We prefer a table service every day & frequently book signature places. It’s ridiculous they make us play this game. Parties of 2 need to eat also!
They have the tables but they want to maximize their revenue.

Darn it! I've been following obsessively in the hopes of scoring a reservation for our 10/30-11/8 trip, but today I slept in and everything was gone before I woke up at 8:00.

I'm getting more and more nervous about this trip ... how is it possible that every restaurant I look at has a 5 minute wait for walk-ups TODAY, but no availability for NOVEMBER?! I've been trying to change my Tusker House reservation from lunch to breakfast, and no luck there, either.

Darn it! I've been following obsessively in the hopes of scoring a reservation for our 10/30-11/8 trip, but today I slept in and everything was gone before I woke up at 8:00.

I'm getting more and more nervous about this trip ... how is it possible that every restaurant I look at has a 5 minute wait for walk-ups TODAY, but no availability for NOVEMBER?! I've been trying to change my Tusker House reservation from lunch to breakfast, and no luck there, either.
I wonder if they may be limiting dining reservations so far in advance in case they decide to increase spacing or are faced with other Covid restrictions?

I wonder if they may be limiting dining reservations so far in advance in case they decide to increase spacing or are faced with other Covid restrictions?

I was searching for the week before Thanksgiving and there were a lot of options available but the darn site was glitchy. I was finally able to get a dinner reservation for a party of 6 on November 20th.

I think that’s a decent possibility. This morning, several times popped up and then were gone- I figure other faster-fingered people grabbed them, plus there was more traffic than MDE could handle.

I really have my doubts that every seating time for every day in the next 60 days is completely booked. I know there were a lot of people looking this morning, but I would be very surprised.

I bet a batch of new times get released soon.

Watching a live stream right now and it appears there are more than a few empty tables with a ton of guests waiting..so maybe not enough staff ?

Last edited:
Has it been confirmed whether any non alcoholic beverages are included or not?

Not being able to substitute kids food for the adult portion is a huge mistake and aloss of money for Disney. Tenders cost almost nothing let folks pay 55$ for them.

Not being able to substitute kids food for the adult portion is a huge mistake and aloss of money for Disney. Tenders cost almost nothing let folks pay 55$ for them.
Is that really the rule? I understood it to be that you couldn't order from the kid's menu at the kid's price, but that you could always pay the higher price and take the lesser food.

Oh well, nothing for my Oct trip. Will what until my 60 for my Dec trip, perhaps then. Will wait to see the first reviews.

Did anyone make it to the walk-up line today? I’d love to hear your experience. We struck out getting an ADR at 5:45 this morning, so we’re considering an impromptu trip to Orlando this weekend while it’s still walk-up only. Other than the fact that it’s not virtual, I haven’t really seen much other info like how long the wait actually was, what time people arrived to get in line, is it rope drop only etc. The bloggers sure love posting their food pics but not what it actually takes to get inside to eat that food lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter