Space Mountain with Lights on

that was pretty cool. believe it or not though, you can see quite a lot once your eyes adjust. This is my favorite ride ever!!!

That's it? Does it really go that slow? Where are the hills? I haven't ridden this ride in 20 years (because I've become a HUGE chicken in my old age :rotfl2: ), but I think I might could handle that! BTMRR is my favorite ride and SM doesn't look any worse than BTMRR. Is it? Does one side have more drops than the other? Thanks for the link! I love YouTube. :teeth:

No space mountain is really mild. With the lights out it seems faster than it really is.

Hey, I may just try this after all ! Doesnt look that scary. No huge drop ,unless I missed it?

Garsh. I love Space Mountain. <3
I can't believe the first video was taken on the right side. (From entering the final queue room.)

I prefer the left side.

Is it jerky? Like worse than Dino?

Also, do the lights mess with you and cause motion sickness?

We were just there two weeks ago and watched Space Mountain with the lights on from the line. The CM told us that if it takes too long for someone to exit the ride at the end, the system automatically shuts down and needs to be reset. So, the lights come on and they walk the entire track. The whole process takes about 15 minutes. At the end of the reset, the first few trains that are already filled get to ride with the lights on. It looks extremely tame. The CM also informed us that Space Mountain's top speed is 23 mph. There's your fun fact of the day.

E

The ride was shutdown for awhile this Sunday and we caught SM in the lights via the TTA. By the time I fumbled for my camcorder, we were already on our way out - didn't bother going around for a second TTA ride.

We were in line last week when the announcement was made that the ride closed....My DS18 and I looked at each other and yelled "to the TTA" The rest of our family thought we were nuts. But we got to see it with the lights on. Totally cool!!!

We were riding the TTA this past Monday when we went through SM and the lights were on. I've seen it before, but DH hadn't. For years, he was insisting that it was just a "wild mouse in the dark." After seeing the inner workings, he admitted it was certainly more than a wild mouse. :lmao:

I didn't see the video because I have stupid dial-up, but we went on Space Mountain with the lights on a few weeks ago. It was the first time in 10 years that I was on it, and the first time ever for my DS, and during the whole ride I kept saying "This doesn't look right, it's supposed to be dark!" The ride was horrible with the lights on. It seemed to go so slow.

After we rode, they shut the ride down. Finally, the next day I was able to ride it in the dark. Ahhh, much better!

I got to ride Space Mountain with the lights on during a school trip 3 years ago. It was a really cool experience but I can definetly say it is better with lights off!

I must be the biggest wuss in the world because Space Mt scared the pants off of me!! :scared1:

My ride was in the dark, though. ;)

Anyone see a Sony Cybershot camera at the bottom of Space Mountain while they were going through with the lights on? Space Mountain was where my camera went missing LOL!:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter