Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

Thanks again! You’ve been so helpful!! Really appreciate it! I don’t know why I keep on thinking about these last min questions now! Haha! I haven’t gotten any of my boxes yet and I’m leaving tomorrow…
Super weird you haven’t received them. Ours came a couple weeks prior. You need the luggage tags they send for transfer day. Your guides should have extras. Have fun!

Super weird you haven’t received them. Ours came a couple weeks prior. You need the luggage tags they send for transfer day. Your guides should have extras. Have fun!
Yeah not sure if it’s cos I’m in Canada but nothing yet. My travel agent already did warn them I’m leaving a week early but they couldn’t send the boxes earlier.

Kevin Klose and his team get to make changes to the itinerary (and Disney can/does as well). Plus you get to go with some of the podcast crew.
There have been youtube videos in the past that talk about it over the years (it's been going on for a while).

Honestly, if I could ask for anything, it would be to skip the Hollywood day (except for Muppet Studios), and have an entire day at Imagineering, and more time as well at the Studios/Archive.

I.e.
First day now: Hollywood Tour, Muppet Studios
Replace with: Muppet Studios, Disney Studios/Archive
Lunch could still be at that O'Shanter place

Second day now: Studios/Archive, Imagineering, ride to and experience Disneyland.
Replace with: Imagineering, get to Disneyland later.

Rest of tour, same as before

The hollywood tour is mostly not that exciting, or doing things that anyone can do, and it takes up a bunch of time too.

Does anyone have a preference in regard to length/adventure? Like is a shorter experience better than the longer one because you get more out of the shorter one?

Last edited:

Does anyone have a preference in regard to length/adventure? Like is a shorter experience better than the longer one because you get more out of the shorter one?
Do you mean the Disneyland Resort and Southern California Adventure vs the Disneyland Resort and Southern California Escape? Or longer ABDs vs shorter ones in general.

If you mean the Southern California trips, it's really not a case of "getting more" out of the shorter one. The shorter one (the Escape) does less because it's shorter. The Escape stays only at the Grand Californian, so there's more travel time the 2nd day, getting to the Disney Studios & Archives and back to Disneyland Resort. Then you don't do any of the other Hollywood area activities that the longer one does (the tour of Hollywood, the visit to Jim Henson Studios & Disney Imagineering). And you only get one full day at the Disneyland Resort, visiting both Disneyland Park and California Adventure on the same day, so less time in each.

The longer Adventure only travels from Hollywood to Disneyland Resort one way, so less travel time. And it includes all the stuff the Escape includes, plus the tour of Hollywood, the visit to Jim Henson Studios & Disney Imagineering. And you spend one full day at Disneyland Park (including reserved viewing for the afternoon parade and that evening’s Fireworks display) and one full day at California Adventure (including VIP viewing of World of Color). So more time in each park.

So it just depends on what's important to you, how much time you have, how much money you have to spend, etc.

Sayhello

Last edited:
Besides the guides, who else do you tip? Bus driver? What’s recommended?
Some people on our trip offered to tip the bell hops, but they refused at first, saying Disney already covered it. I think Disney already gives them a generous tip, so no pressure to give anything.

Just back from the Dis Podcast trip, let me know if you have any questions!

The trip and guides were both amazing, and I'll definitely look at doing this trip again in the future.
That's awesome!

Two questions: what did you do differently from the regular schedule? I know it can change a bit every trip because Kevin likes to vary it up. Also, was it hot?

That's awesome!

Two questions: what did you do differently from the regular schedule? I know it can change a bit every trip because Kevin likes to vary it up. Also, was it hot?
The itinerary was pretty much the same, just a few extra things. We got to see behind the scenes at both the El Capitan and Chinese theaters in Hollywood and had a longer, more in depth tour at Henson Studios. We also had a few special guests join us at the Tam O'Shanter lunch. I think the Imagineering and Archives visits can vary each trip, so I'm not sure what is standard, but we saw some cool history.

We did have reserved viewing for the Electrical Parade and Fireworks on our first night at Disneyland, which isn't listed in the schedule but I believe is frequently offered.

The backstage stuff is also subject to change, so I'm not sure what is normally offered vs what we did.

You only really felt the heat at Disneyland. Everywhere else you weren't outside in the sun for too long.

Last edited:
We finally had our LL's loaded to our account mid day on Friday. Just happy it was not me trying to figure out the app.

Just starting to look at this for next year. It would be just DH and I. We have only been to DLR and DCA once for one night, after disembarking from our Panama Canal cruise in San Diego and didn't actually get to the resort until early afternoon. Decided at the last minute to get park tix since we were staying onsite with our two kids. It was also Grad Nite, so super busy and we tried to do too much in too little time and it wasn't a great experience. Anyways, my question is, if we add a night so we can spend another full day in the parks, does this give us enough time to really see most everything park-wise? Or would we be better off to just book a park only trip on our own?

Just starting to look at this for next year. It would be just DH and I. We have only been to DLR and DCA once for one night, after disembarking from our Panama Canal cruise in San Diego and didn't actually get to the resort until early afternoon. Decided at the last minute to get park tix since we were staying onsite with our two kids. It was also Grad Nite, so super busy and we tried to do too much in too little time and it wasn't a great experience. Anyways, my question is, if we add a night so we can spend another full day in the parks, does this give us enough time to really see most everything park-wise? Or would we be better off to just book a park only trip on our own?
That would give you plenty of time. The activities on days 4 and 5 were finished by 11 each day, and you would have the entire last day to yourselves in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter