Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting Than You!*6/8* NEW Trip Report Link p154

Moving On Up to the E Side

I know that Cynthia is going to post any time now, but I'm going to jump out of order because I have an update done and I have a very busy weekend coming up. I feel like its one of those "now or never" things. I hope no one minds.

So here goes.....

In my last update Cynthia & I had gotten up early, taken our luggage to bell services for a transfer, and made it to part of EMH at HS. We had ridden the "big four" - ToT, RnR, Star Tours, and TSM. We felt pretty satisfied and, with no real plan in mind, we wondered around a bit.

IMG_1091_zpse28e4fad.jpg

IMG_1092_zpsb7dcb015.jpg

We stopped in the art store attached to the Art of Animation and I only took one cell phone picture. Beats me why I choose this work of art.

IMG_4388_zps89b1ef1e.jpg

Here I picked up a postcard for a certain DISer who recently got married, Disney style, but I regret that I did not take a picture of it. Sorry.

I just love the post cards in there and I usually get one for myself on every trip. But by now I think I have them all. So come on Disney - start making more designs. Please!

We headed back towards the Backlot tour, with no real intention of riding, and then we hung a left. Perfect timing for a character meet. And no lines

IMG_1060_zps824245ed.jpg

Hey, Is Mike Wasowski getting fresh with me?

IMG_1061_zps0c599ac7.jpg

Tempting, but I resisted

IMG_1062_zps5b207a93.jpg

I have no idea why I am taking this picture, but I do think the mirror makes me look thinner. Lol.

IMG_1063_zps806824e6.jpg

After our character meet we wondered over to the Streets of America

IMG_1067_zps7194a3f0.jpg

We were both a little shocked to see the Osborne lights in place.

IMG_1066_zpsded18d23.jpg

So not expected!

IMG_1065_zps2b452ab7.jpg

But considering that the display would be turned on in about three more weeks, not entirely surprising.

Looks like we scored another photo here

IMG_1069_zps6668ca43.jpg

After we left the Streets of America wedecided we were ready to leave. But we got a bonus on the way to the front of the park - streetmosphere. Well, I think we saw them now. But in all honestly it might have been before TSM. Oh - Photobucket - how I love thee&&.. I am not perpetually confused.

IMG_1076_zps26ffb608.jpg

IMG_1078_zps857ef8d6.jpg

IMG_1079_zps8e8764a7.jpg

IMG_1081_zps8505f3d9.jpg

IMG_1082_zpsb32ad9cd.jpg

IMG_1085_zps1140c7ce.jpg

Bye Bye Ya All

IMG_1086_zps2b74427d.jpg

IMG_1090_zpsf1f1053f.jpg

Time to Go&..

IMG_4389_zpsa86c27f1.jpg

IMG_4390_zps7d53c469.jpg

On the way out the park it was time for a little Bo action

IMG_4392_zps17f223ad.jpg

Ah - Come on Bo - give me a little something here. Smile pretty for the camera.

IMG_4393_zps95d535f3.jpg

I'm not sure if that Friendship boat is coming or going (my guess is going), because we decided to walk over to the BW.

IMG_4394_zps3e3d19fd.jpg

Continued In Next Post.........

Continued From Previous Post.....

It was a gorgeous day again so walking seemed like a perfect idea. I took all the pictures on the walk with my phone.

IMG_4395_zpsf20f2bf5.jpg

IMG_4396_zps9390c0b7.jpg

IMG_4398_zps20cabfc6.jpg

Getting closer! I love this path.

IMG_4400_zpsc1c73be5.jpg

The outskirts of the BWV. Oh the anticipation! I wondered if our room would be ready, and more importantly, where it would be located??

IMG_4401_zpsa247fb30.jpg

IMG_4402_zps5425d2ef.jpg

Past Community Hall

IMG_4404_zpsb5f46ad2.jpg

Villa pool over yonder

IMG_4405_zps98787900.jpg

Back side of the Coaster

IMG_4406_zps82630db0.jpg

Courtyard near the Clown Pool

IMG_4407_zps5a9ad976.jpg

Properly termed the Luna Park Pool

IMG_4408_zpsdbb54e45.jpg

No creepy clowns were photographed in this shot

IMG_4409_zpsdfe66040.jpg

Up the stairs to check-in

IMG_4410_zpsa3dff619.jpg

I didn't take any pictures of the lobby. Well, at least not yet. Especially since I took, oh about 100 or so when Denny and I were there in June.

A very friendly CM at Concierge checked us in. I don't remember his name, but I DO remember he was from Lansdale, PA which is one of my former hometowns. I only lived there a couple years, but I liked it because it had the BEST community pools. I actually learned how to be a decent swimmer in those pools. But I digress……..

Unfortunately our room was not ready, but we were granted a high floor which was my #1 request (after being on the ground floor in June).

By now Cynthia and I were both peaked from lack of protein. We figured we would head over to Beachs N Cream for a burger. Yes - BURGER - Mark. The real thing. Angus beef.

Unfortunately, at 1245pm the wait time was 45 minutes. Ugh. I was so glad when Cynthia agreed that she didn't want to wait that long. I think I was starting to feel a little shaky and probably a little crabby from lack of food.

Cynthia had a great idea - she suggested that we eat at the Captains Table. I love you Cynthia, because to this day I'm not sure if I would have thought of that.

Bad picture, but posted to prove that the restaurant was empty.

IMG_4413_zps60130643.jpg

My lunch. I must have been shaking from hunger - hence the blur!

IMG_4414_zps482f1be4.jpg

Best burger ever! I know it doesn't look like anything special, but it was fabulous and really hit the spot. Again - having TIW made this meal a few dollars more than a QS meal. Totally worth it and I would not hesitate to go back there for lunch again. Especially if I was in Epcot and just wanted to go somewhere close and quiet to eat.

After lunch we walked over to the gift shop. I love the lobby of the YC. Sorry this picture stinks…….

IMG_4415_zpsf6a0a793.jpg

I thought this was a cute little Christmas cup. Smart of Disney to start putting out the Christmas merchandise in mid October!

IMG_4416_zpsbc4fb08d.jpg

IMG_4417_zps7b0bbfa8.jpg

Of course, there was some resort specific merchandise available

IMG_4421_zps7fddac92.jpg

Nice picture of the resort

IMG_4422_zpsd1711308.jpg

After lunch I got my regular camera out to take pictures of the walk back to BWV. I was really hoping for a text that our room was ready. But no such luck. Ok then…….

IMG_1093_zps563bf892.jpg

Love this resort. I wish there were DVC rooms here

IMG_1094_zps2575f4a9.jpg

IMG_1106_zps250aa59a.jpg

IMG_1095_zps5202b542.jpg

Continued In Next Post...........

Continued From Previous Post.....

IMG_1098_zpsde42381f.jpg

Nobody on the water on such a gorgeous day? Go figure!

IMG_1099_zps8d59088a.jpg

IMG_1100_zps1798dbcc.jpg

IMG_1102_zps756700d5.jpg

IMG_1104_zps577f4c02.jpg

IMG_1108_zps4da358af.jpg

IMG_1110_zps422f16ac.jpg

IMG_1112_zpsbcfec93f.jpg

IMG_1111_zpsdff53486.jpg

IMG_1114_zpsf3f54faa.jpg

IMG_1115_zpsaf77d63c.jpg

IMG_1116_zpsb8eddf2b.jpg

We stopped in here

IMG_1118_zpsad573670.jpg

I picked up a cute little pin for my newly married DIS friend, but again I failed to photograph it.

I did take a picture of this, which I thought was very novel and unique

IMG_1121_zpsf7dba6cc.jpg

However, I would hate to see it covered with garbage and remnants of food. Too cute to mess up.

With no room on the horizon, we ducked back inside to change into our bathing suits.

IMG_1123_zps1d4b98a2.jpg

Love the lights in here

IMG_1124_zpsa225dcf2.jpg

I convinced Cynthia to try the quiet pool on the inn side of the resort

IMG_1125_zpsba6b54a0.jpg

You know I love those cottages

IMG_1126_zps24a144a1.jpg

When we arrived at the pool we noticed that they were setting up for a wedding

IMG_1127_zps8760c45e.jpg

IMG_1128_zps478218ab.jpg

On the Table

IMG_1132_zps67d96608.jpg

IMG_4426_zps0455afe2.jpg

Let me just say that if you are planning a wedding with a reception in this area, you will get plenty of attention to detail. The whole entire time we were at the pool there was a flurry of activity setting up the venue.

IMG_1147_zps4a2802fc.jpg

So Now you can focus your attention on the pool.

IMG_1137_zpscf7560bf.jpg

I seriously love this pool. It's absolutely one of my favorite quiet pools. So secluded. So relaxing. So sparkly. Should I go on?

IMG_1139_zpsdd365f3d.jpg

Continued In the Next Post........

Continued from previous post......

Here's a few more shots of the pool/courtyard area

IMG_1135_zpsbb9e0aa1.jpg

IMG_4425_zpsf480d02c.jpg

IMG_1149_zps74f94bef.jpg

IMG_1140_zps0e96d93c.jpg

IMG_1142_zps866acfc9.jpg

IMG_1145_zpsb60b610f.jpg

It was actually pretty warm out, so I decided to venture over to the Boardwalk in search of an adult beverage.

I stopped here

IMG_4428_zpse00902fb.jpg

and this is where I had a momentary lapse of concentration. I ordered some type of mango or pineapple margarita thinking it was going to be like the grapefruit rita at the rita stand in DTD. Do'h - not sure what I was thinking but I ended up with a frozen rita. Bummer. Oh well. It tasted good and had a decent amount of alcohol.

On the way to/from the Boardwalk look who I saw

IMG_4427_zpsda133676.jpg

I was really trying NOT to stalk, but I had to grab one picture. Ahhh - wedded bliss.

Back at the pool I was starting to think it would be awkward to be sitting there when the reception started.

But no need to worry, because right around 3pm I got the text that our room was ready. Cynthia called it right - she predicted 3pm and she was dead on.

Up Next - A Room with a View

Stay tuned because I'm sure Cynthia will be posting very soon after me.

Oops - I almost forgot our PP pics again

Photo0876FourBySix.jpg

Photo0875FourBySix.jpg

Photo0874FourBySix.jpg

Here I am spazing out again

Photo0871FourBySix.jpg

Cynthia did a great job with borders

Photo0867FourBySix.jpg

Photo0864FourBySix.jpg

Photo0859FourBySix.jpg

Photo0857FourBySix.jpg

Photo0845FourBySix.jpg

Phew! I'm halfway through the Halloween party! :cool1: Slowly but surely catching up!

Just a few things, cus i'm sure you don't want to go AALLLLL the way back to the beginning of your TR..

1) What the heck! What is up with that 'thing' in Morocco?! I have never seen that or even heard of this before! :lmao:

2) I watched your tribute to your friend Tracey. Very beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss:hug: Is that you singing? Absolutely beautiful. Your voice kind of reminds me a bit of Loreena Mckennitt :) If you haven't heard of her check her out. She's known for the Mummer's Dance.

3) I, too, use PB for my pictures and had no idea you can edit them they way you're editing them. What a cool feature!

Okay i'll be back!

Oh rats. Sorry I couldn't get mine up in time I was just working on it and am now running to dinner. I swear I cannot get enough time to write my updates lately, I ended up with zero minutes last night, about the opposite of what I had hoped. Spoiler though....as you suspected a few things in your new update are a bit out of order lol!

I'll just do a longer update and we will be at the same point.

I love your shorts!

Thanks!

Streetmosphere is fun!

It really is very entertaining! So much to look at. I love it!

Phew! I'm halfway through the Halloween party! :cool1: Slowly but surely catching up!

:welcome: Thanks so much for joining in and getting so far!

Just a few things, cus i'm sure you don't want to go AALLLLL the way back to the beginning of your TR..

What the heck! What is up with that 'thing' in Morocco?! I have never seen that or even heard of this before! :lmao:

:rotfl2: I had heard about the Moroccan structure before, but this honestly the first time I went looking for it. I blame that solely on Pat. :rolleyes1 It's pretty crazy, isn't it? I'm sure it was totally unintentional, but still! :rolleyes1

2) I watched your tribute to your friend Tracey. Very beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss:hug: Is that you singing? Absolutely beautiful. Your voice kind of reminds me a bit of Loreena Mckennitt :) If you haven't heard of her check her out. She's known for the Mummer's Dance.

Yes - it's me! Thank you. That is actually a huge compliment. I have been told I have a little bit of that celtic sound and I do love that type of music.

3) I, too, use PB for my pictures and had no idea you can edit them they way you're editing them. What a cool feature!

Okay i'll be back!

The new photobucket doesn't seem to have the same degree of edits in it, which is disappointing because I had just discovered the effects edit.

Oh rats. Sorry I couldn't get mine up in time I was just working on it and am now running to dinner. I swear I cannot get enough time to write my updates lately, I ended up with zero minutes last night, about the opposite of what I had hoped. Spoiler though....as you suspected a few things in your new update are a bit out of order lol!

I'll just do a longer update and we will be at the same point.

I forgot I had to go to a funeral tomorrow morning and then right after that I have a 4 hour rehearsal. Somewhere in there I need to rehearse before I go to the rehearsal. Everything has to be memorized. Then when I come home I have to rehearse for church.

I think we saw streetmosphere before we went to TSM and we may have even gone to the Art of Animation first, but I can't tell because my stupid pictures are out of order. I depend so much on the ordering that I don't really pay attention to the sequence when I am at the park. Once I wrote it out of order I didn't feel like changing it. Too much trouble! :rotfl: Hey - it could have gone in that order. Artistic license!

MEK said:
I think we saw streetmosphere before we went to TSM and we may have even gone to the Art of Animation first, but I can't tell because my stupid pictures are out of order. I depend so much on the ordering that I don't really pay attention to the sequence when I am at the park. Once I wrote it out of order I didn't feel like changing it. Too much trouble! :rotfl: Hey - it could have gone in that order. Artistic license!

Holy cats that's a lot of rehearsing! I hear you on the out of order. I'm having similar issues. I am trusting the sort issue/organizer thing will get fixed.

It looks like it was a gorgeous day! Gotta love resort change day - it's like starting a whole new vacation! BW is so lovely.

I see you were hanging with my man Bo at DHS - for some reason I thought he staying true to me! :rotfl2:

I actually bought that print at YC in the gift shop. I thought it was a cool keepsake from our YC stay. Captain's Grille is such a great dining option - we love it. (just have had breakfast and dinner there.)

Glad to see your photo tour of BW and YC since it brings back such great memories. :goodvibes I'm looking forward to reading more. :)

LOVE the Mike and Sulley photos!

Streetmosphere is one of the greatest things about DHS. Your walk looks gorgeous... the Epcot resort area is perfect! GOOD GOSH.

Can't wait to see room pictures! Yay!

I must say "that certain Dis-ser, and her mom, loved the pin and postcard and thought it was so very sweet of you. Caitlin has framed it and it will be hanging in their apartment. :goodvibes

You know that the Epcot resort area is my favorite so I really loved all the pictures.

Glad you enjoyed your meal at the Captain's Grille. We've eaten there several times and it's usually empty but they have very good food.

Thanks for the update. Enjoy your weekend! :)

Awesome update! Thank you! I enjoyed the walk from DHS to BWV, cause we'll be doing that same walk in a while:)

Thank you!

It's actually one of my favorite walks. Since I run in the morning, I also enjoy the run from BWV to HS in the early morning. It's a good wake up!

Holy cats that's a lot of rehearsing! I hear you on the out of order. I'm having similar issues. I am trusting the sort issue/organizer thing will get fixed.

It's a rehearsal for an entire show, so most of them time I am waiting for just the songs I'm in. I only lead sing two songs, back-up sing two songs, but I play the guitar on three other songs. I always get nervous about the playing because I don't trust myself not to blank on the rhythm of the song. The next couple weeks is just a lot of different music projects - this show, a paid memorial service (Disney $), and church music leading up to Holy Week and Easter.

Yes - PLEASE FIX THE ORGANIZER!!!!!! I need it - BAD!!!!!!

It looks like it was a gorgeous day! Gotta love resort change day - it's like starting a whole new vacation! BW is so lovely.

It was a gorgeous day! Simply perfect! How I love October weather in the world! It is like starting a new vacation. I really wish we had a longer vacation because ideally I'd like to stay 5 nights in one location and then one night in the other.

I see you were hanging with my man Bo at DHS - for some reason I thought he staying true to me! :rotfl2:

That Bo - he is such a player! :lmao:

I actually bought that print at YC in the gift shop. I thought it was a cool keepsake from our YC stay. Captain's Grille is such a great dining option - we love it. (just have had breakfast and dinner there.)

That print is great. It would be fun to start collecting prints from the different resorts, although I don't think they all have them.

I really enjoyed the Captain's Grille and I'm certain I will return.

Glad to see your photo tour of BW and YC since it brings back such great memories. :goodvibes I'm looking forward to reading more. :)

I am sure you trip was fantastic, so your memories must be wonderful. I just love that area. I hope that I can spend part of my October trip at BCV or BWV. I will be waitlisting bright and early next weekend! :thumbsup2

LOVE the Mike and Sulley photos!

Me too! That was a totally unplanned meet, so I'm glad we ran into them when they were out.

Streetmosphere is one of the greatest things about DHS. Your walk looks gorgeous... the Epcot resort area is perfect! GOOD GOSH.

Streemosphere is so entertaining. Glad we got to see it!

And the walk to Epcot is awesome. We had the perfect day to walk outside! Just lovely!

Can't wait to see room pictures! Yay!

Next update. Had to leave a little cliffhanger this update. ;)

I must say "that certain Dis-ser, and her mom, loved the pin and postcard and thought it was so very sweet of you. Caitlin has framed it and it will be hanging in their apartment. :goodvibes

I'm so glad you and Caitlin liked it. As soon as I saw both items I thought of her right away and knew I had to get them. I like to frame some of my post cards too. I think they are a great, inexpensive souvenir. I have them all over my office.

You know that the Epcot resort area is my favorite so I really loved all the pictures.

I'm sure they remind you of your recent stay at the YC. Such a gorgeous resort! Really wish I could stay there someday.

Glad you enjoyed your meal at the Captain's Grille. We've eaten there several times and it's usually empty but they have very good food.

I will definitely be going back to the Captain's Grille. It's a great little peaceful escape from the somewhat hectic pace that can be WDW. Plus, my burger was really good.

Thanks for the update. Enjoy your weekend! :)

Thanks! You too!

Hope you survive your busy, busy weekend!

Now you are talking!!! As you may have guessed, I love the EPCOT resort area!

I enjoyed reading about your continuing morning at HS. Beautiful pictures as always. Especially the walk from HS to BW.

Mike W. may have only one eye, but he looks like he is all hands!

Great job on the PP borders, Cynthia- the one where Mary Ellen has Minnie legs and feet is so cute.

Love, love, love the pictures of the Yacht Club. The ones of the marina and lighthouse are my favorites. Great perspective. But you also got some great shots of the exterior of the resort.

I am so glad you went to Captain's Grille, and enjoyed it!!!

That is one of the few restaurants we will be dining at in July.

A couple of things-

For those not on DDP and without TiW, there is a 10% discount on meals if you use your Disney Visa

Did you happen to see the paintings on the wall where a ship sails from one painting to the next? Dawnbu40 is the one who alerted me to those after her trip. Can't wait to check that out myself!

Great pictures of the wedding setup, bride and groom and the quiet pool. You are so right. The area back there is beautiful!

Can't wait for you to show the room!

So much to comment on...

Seeing the pictures of the Epcot resorts definitely made me smile, as I will be there in just a few days! :cool1:

I've looked at the Mickey strainer, but it is too cute to cover up with icky stuff, and it is also too expensive. I'd be curious to know how well they sell. I have several Disney kitchen items, but they are more seen and/or practical.

The lounge chairs in the shade - such an inviting sight! Great place to relax and talk with family and friends.

So glad the wedding couple had a pretty day for their festivities. :)

Thanks for all the pictures!

I don't know that I would have thought of Captain's Grille either but it's sure been added to our list on the day we're planning B and C!!! We have only eaten there for dinner but it is also on our list for breakfast this year....we figured we'd give it a try and see what it's like!

Love that quiet pool....serenity!!!!

Awwwww Mike and Sully! I want to meet those two so bad some day!!
And the Osbourne lights!! I would want to find the "On" switch! :rotfl:
I enjoy watching the Streetmosphere in DHS. Those little acts are actually my parents' favourite thing about the park.
Gotta love when a simple burger just hits the spot just right. Nothing better than that feeling, no matter what the food is!
Love that quiet pool. It looks so... well, quiet! Haha and relaxing!
Hope you gals got an awesome room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!