Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting Than You!*6/8* NEW Trip Report Link p154

I hope the girl in the TOT queue was ok!! How scary!!

I hope so too. It was really scary. Hopefully she just fainted and all she needed was some rehydration, food, and a rest.

Your photos of TOT are gorgeous! I'm never ever going back near that ride (big chicken here!), but it is pretty to look around (through your photos, safely many many miles away from the actual ride!) :rotfl:

:rotfl: Lots of living room viewing going on where those pictures are concerned. I have to admit - I am not nearly brave enough to take any pictures while on the ride. That's a whole other level for me. Glad you liked them.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't like the carrot cake cookie!!! It can be a bit sweet if you're already approaching a sugar rush though!!

I think it would be much better as a dessert than the first food of the day. I love sweet things, but that icing was a little much for me. I wanted more of a butter cream frosting. Picky, aren't I? :rotfl:

Not much DIS time for me this week, but I am scrolling through pictures as I can. Don't want to miss anything! ;)

Well, fortunately my updates are 75% pictures, so I am sure you are not missing anything.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of Tracy. :goodvibes

You're welcome. I was so thrilled to find them. I really should repost them to her FB page!

I'll take a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie over a carrot cake cookie any day. The cake part is okay - although I have had better - but the cream in the middle is too sweet and there is too much of it for me personally.

Yum on the c m n cookie! The middle of the carrot cake cookie was way too sweet. I was expecting more of a butter cream and it was not even close.

Sure hope the young girl is okay now.

I hope so too because it really looked scary for all concerned. I hate to see stuff like that in Disney world. I know people get sick, but it just seems wrong to get sick in WDW.

::yes::

I also suggest that you have something with a lot of caffeine in it to drink with them. :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

For the extra adrenaline high, right? ;)

Just make sure it is near the end of the day so you can go right back to the room when you crash. :thumbsup2

Or walk to the nearest bar for a calming cocktail! :rotfl:

And get video of yourself.

Before or after a couple drinks? :rolleyes1

aghhh... so messed up from Daylight Savings Time... starting to reply last night ... fell asleep... so if I seem disoriented - I am...;)

I still can not copy, cut, and paste with my mac using safari. I wanted to do replies today, but this ongoing problem is making me not even want to DIS. Sorry for being so slow with the replies. I will get to them soon, even if its tomorrow from a pc.

Yes... computers are evil sometimes... they need to be exorcised...:badpc::badpc: ....:scratchin

I had almost caught up when I found myself asleep with my fingers perched over the keyboard again last night. No offense, its just what happens when I sit back & finally put my feet up at night!

Sorry I can't remember everything I wanted to say last night. :faint:

Exactly what she said...:lmao:

Gorgeous, gorgeous photos of the WL... It gives me a funny feeling looking in my stomach... looking at that... OMG... I sound like I have a crush... I probably do... I love the WL... the whole Americana... Pacific Northwest theming... awesome... (I took the tour about five (?) years ago-It was great... we had gotten to be Flag Family that day too so my little nerdy History loving heart was super happy...:goodvibes

(I have crushed on several of the resorts... Beach Club, Boardwalk, WL, AKL... ;)

You ladies looked lovely for your dinner at Citricos... I'm with you on the dress code thing... I'm not militant... but I think a nice little sun dress and some Khakis and collared shirts on guys are nice when your Signature Dining... I'm glad you liked it but sorry you didn't love it... I wonder if it suffers a bit of an identity crisis... With V&A nearby... and the premiere dining for the whole resort...:scratchin

That whole ToT experience with the Mom and daughter... so hard...:worried: Even though Disney is many of our happy places... it is probably more of a physically intense experience than we all think about sometimes... there's the walking, the crowds, heat, the ride intensity... lots going on... that most people don't experience in a normal day... I'll bet there's more people than we realize you may find out they have some sort of condition while they're there...I think most of the CMs are pretty good/prepared to help out though...

On the flip side... again great photos of the whole queuing/ride... I love that Cynthia was all about hold onto her hat...:thumbsup2

(Btw MaryEllen-thought of you this past weekend... went to the Philadelphia Flower Show... was really lovely... English Theme...:goodvibes ... made me think of Longwood Gardens...:flower3:

Fortunately, I managed to get a few pics inside.

IMG_0998_zps79ed309c.jpg

Is that guy along the wall pickin' or just scratchin'? :confused3

Not sure what this is, but it sure is cute.

IMG_1038_zps65a670c2.jpg

It is a figurine depicting Mickey's world-famous Dolly Parton imitation. ;)

I've just spent the last few days reading through your whole TR so far and it has been so enjoyable. Thanks so much for writing it.
How wonderful that you've made so many close friends via the Disboards.

My family and I will be traveling to Orlando Sep/Oct, so your posts about the F&W festival and MNSSHP have been particularly fun to read. It was great seeing the F&W souvenirs as I now know exactly what presents I'm going to buy for a few of my family members back home (Mickey Wine Bottle Stoppers).

Also, really looking forward to your upcoming pics of the BWV. We have 5 nights booked there and I can't wait.

So sad to leave WL, it really is a beautiful resort. At least it is from the pictures I've seen, I have not seen it in person as of yet. :) Looking at your pictures it's got me starting to question my dining options so I can go to the WL. :laughing: Not much appeals to me dining wise (being from Texas I'm not so into b.b.q from other places) except the signature dining and Mackie isn't so into that yet. One day! :goodvibes

I'm so in awe of Cynthia going to the gym and you running while on vacation. :worship: I'm still hemming and hawing about wether or not I'll end up working out myself while on my trip. :scratchin I've probably said that every post I've typed on here. :rolleyes: :laughing:

Citricos is one of the places I've been questioning to go for our last trip and now this one. I've really been interested in going, Mackie didn't like anything on the menu enough so that settled that.
Not to mention most of the reviews (now including yours) have been very mixed. They say the service is wonderful, but slow (just like y'all mentioned) and that the food is either outstanding or just okay and a major disappointment being that it's a signature dining option.
It's such a beautiful restaurant. I have yet to try any of the signature dining places, and this would have been the trip to do it if I were to go. Oh well! I guess I had better plan a trip with adults only, probably a girls trip and see what that brings. :goodvibes

Looks like a wonderful night at MK, you saw a parade, had a good little nap and a meet! :thumbsup2 Hope you get your nephew to that parade this summer!! ::yes::

Great morning on Moving day. Sometimes changing resorts can take so much time but you girls made look simple. :thumbsup2

You got a lot done at DHS.

Sorry the carrot cake cookie was too sweet. I usually end up at Starring rolls but I need to walk a bit further..... ;)

aghhh... so messed up from Daylight Savings Time... starting to reply last night ... fell asleep... so if I seem disoriented - I am...;)

I do that a lot of night. I start to DIS and fall asleep with my computer in my lap - jolt awake and then say forget it! :rotfl:

Yes... computers are evil sometimes... they need to be exorcised...:badpc::badpc: ....:scratchin

I think it had something to do with whatever their upgrade was, but once I cleared the history I was fine. Should have done that right away. Live and learn!

Exactly what she said...:lmao:

:lmao:

Gorgeous, gorgeous photos of the WL... It gives me a funny feeling looking in my stomach... looking at that... OMG... I sound like I have a crush... I probably do... I love the WL... the whole Americana... Pacific Northwest theming... awesome... (I took the tour about five (?) years ago-It was great... we had gotten to be Flag Family that day too so my little nerdy History loving heart was super happy...:goodvibes

Flag family must have been so cool! I would love that. When I got my top secret tour of the roof it was awesome up there. It was really hot because it was around 11am on a hot morning in May. But it was SO worth it.

(I have crushed on several of the resorts... Beach Club, Boardwalk, WL, AKL... ;)

Me too! I totally have a crush on the Boardwalk after our last stay there. It's so awesome. But I love all the resorts. There isn't one I don't like.

You ladies looked lovely for your dinner at Citricos... I'm with you on the dress code thing... I'm not militant... but I think a nice little sun dress and some Khakis and collared shirts on guys are nice when your Signature Dining... I'm glad you liked it but sorry you didn't love it... I wonder if it suffers a bit of an identity crisis... With V&A nearby... and the premiere dining for the whole resort...:scratchin

I do think its nice to dress up a notch for a signature restaurant. It doesn't even have to be a dress - although often a light weight sundress is easier to pack than pants.

Hmmmmm.....I think you are probably right. It probably does suffer from a bit of an identify crisis. I'll try it again, but I have such great meals at FF, AP, and CG, that it will probably be awhile until I cycle over to it again.

That whole ToT experience with the Mom and daughter... so hard...:worried: Even though Disney is many of our happy places... it is probably more of a physically intense experience than we all think about sometimes... there's the walking, the crowds, heat, the ride intensity... lots going on... that most people don't experience in a normal day... I'll bet there's more people than we realize you may find out they have some sort of condition while they're there...I think most of the CMs are pretty good/prepared to help out though...

I think you are right - especially in the summer. That summer heat and humidity can certain be the thing that pushes some people over the edge physically.

On the flip side... again great photos of the whole queuing/ride... I love that Cynthia was all about hold onto her hat...:thumbsup2

I love her hat - she looks so cute it in! Glad you like the queue pics.

(Btw MaryEllen-thought of you this past weekend... went to the Philadelphia Flower Show... was really lovely... English Theme...:goodvibes ... made me think of Longwood Gardens...:flower3:

Nice! I haven't been there in forever, but I sure would like to go to Longwood. It was so nice this weekend I would have gone, but I had too much on my plate.

Is that guy along the wall pickin' or just scratchin'? :confused3

:rotfl: I think you have posted so many "where's Judy?" pictures that you are the master at seeing subtleties in pictures. That's awesome - Never in a million years would I have noticed that. :rotfl:

It is a figurine depicting Mickey's world-famous Dolly Parton imitation. ;)

:faint: :rotfl2: Glenn - stop - you are seriously on a roll right now! :rotfl:

Too funny!

I've just spent the last few days reading through your whole TR so far and it has been so enjoyable. Thanks so much for writing it.

:welcome: WanderlustNZ! Thanks for dropping in all the way from NZ. BTW - my DH and I visited NZ over twenty years ago and it was one of the best trips of my life. Amazing country.

I am glad you are enjoying this TR. Stick around for more.

My family and I will be traveling to Orlando Sep/Oct, so your posts about the F&W festival and MNSSHP have been particularly fun to read. It was great seeing the F&W souvenirs as I now know exactly what presents I'm going to buy for a few of my family members back home (Mickey Wine Bottle Stoppers).

You are going to love F&W. They even have a NZ booth, although you'll have to be the judge on how authentic everything is. I hope you have an absolutely fabulous trip.

Also, really looking forward to your upcoming pics of the BWV. We have 5 nights booked there and I can't wait.

BWV are amazing. (Spoiler alert) :rolleyes1 Wait until you see our room view. It's awesome!

So sad to leave WL, it really is a beautiful resort. At least it is from the pictures I've seen, I have not seen it in person as of yet. :) Looking at your pictures it's got me starting to question my dining options so I can go to the WL. :laughing: Not much appeals to me dining wise (being from Texas I'm not so into b.b.q from other places) except the signature dining and Mackie isn't so into that yet. One day! :goodvibes

It's a gorgeous resort. I guess I shouldn't have felt too bad about leaving because I do have a contract there so it is easier for me to arrange a stay. I will be staying there for 4 nights next Oct/Nov. I hope they put up some Christmas stuff, but its so early I'm not that hopeful.

I do think the CS is good and I've heard the skillet is good for breakfast but WCC is really not high on my list for dinner either.

I'm so in awe of Cynthia going to the gym and you running while on vacation. :worship: I'm still hemming and hawing about wether or not I'll end up working out myself while on my trip. :scratchin I've probably said that every post I've typed on here. :rolleyes: :laughing:

I think even if you can fit in 20 minutes in the morning or afternoon its worth it. That's just my opinion. And most certainly don't plan on doing it every day, just a few times.

Citricos is one of the places I've been questioning to go for our last trip and now this one. I've really been interested in going, Mackie didn't like anything on the menu enough so that settled that.
Not to mention most of the reviews (now including yours) have been very mixed. They say the service is wonderful, but slow (just like y'all mentioned) and that the food is either outstanding or just okay and a major disappointment being that it's a signature dining option.
It's such a beautiful restaurant.

It really is a beautiful restaurant and I will give it another chance - eventually. But there are better signature choices for sure. I'd actually like to give Narccoossee's another try because the location is so fabulous.

I have yet to try any of the signature dining places, and this would have been the trip to do it if I were to go. Oh well! I guess I had better plan a trip with adults only, probably a girls trip and see what that brings. :goodvibes

I always success Cali Grill for the first room. The food is awesome, the service is great, and the view just can't be beat. It's amazing.

Looks like a wonderful night at MK, you saw a parade, had a good little nap and a meet! :thumbsup2 Hope you get your nephew to that parade this summer!! ::yes::

WE really had an all around perfect day. Can't really think of a single thing I would change. We used every form of Disney transportation to get from one place to another. It was great!

Great morning on Moving day. Sometimes changing resorts can take so much time but you girls made look simple. :thumbsup2

We did, didn't we? :rotfl: When I've changed with my family it takes half the day. :rotfl: And I am known for my sherpa ways so I'm not really sure how I managed to pull it together so efficiently. :confused3

We did. We hit the "big four" in good time and that's really all either of us wanted to do.

Sorry the carrot cake cookie was too sweet. I usually end up at Starring rolls but I need to walk a bit further..... ;)

Love me some Starring rolls. Yeah - that carrot cake need some butter cream frosting, not pure white sugar frosting. Oh well.

Ahhhh what a fun time at DHS! Man what I wouldn't give to be in the queue for RnR! I would probably look like I'm in pain on the Tower of Terror, but I would be in actual pain from the heart attack I'd be taking. :lmao: I really do not love that ride.
How scary about the mom and her young daughter. I hope everyone was ok...

What a fun update! ToT is in my top 5 favorite rides!! Your pictures made me feel like I was there...now I want to know what is in the Sunset Room too...:scratchin

I often avoid desserts at WDW, not because I'm not dying to try one but because I am afraid of what you experienced! I like sweet, but not in the form of cream filling or frosting, and not TOO SWEET. I often drool over MeMom's pictures of the POP dessert case and tell myself I am going to try one...but then I chicken out and tell myself I won't. That tie-dye cake and that monster cupcake thing she showed from her last TR looked AMAZING! I plan to spend my calories elsewhere on my upcoming visit to WDW...like on a jalepeno margarita. :yay:

Yay for moving to BWV! I can't wait to see your pictures from there, as I have yet to make it across the "pond..?" to check it out. I have visited BC and Stormalong Bay, but only got as far as taking pictures of it from afar! :confused3

Don't get me wrong, though, I love WL...and WCC...I drank about a gallon of water last time we ate there just because he brought it. I have a comical picture of my sister with about 10 straws in her hair. I don't think we have EVER made an ADR there though, we have always just walked in. I would assume, however, that during more high-demand times it would be more difficult to get in.

Happy Wednesday! :dance3:

AWESOME photos of the Hollywood Tower Hotel! :goodvibes How awesome would it be to book a night there?! Hopefully my room would be on a floor easily accessible by the stairs, though. :rotfl:

:welcome: WanderlustNZ! Thanks for dropping in all the way from NZ. BTW - my DH and I visited NZ over twenty years ago and it was one of the best trips of my life. Amazing country.
I am glad you are enjoying this TR. Stick around for more.
You are going to love F&W. They even have a NZ booth, although you'll have to be the judge on how authentic everything is. I hope you have an absolutely fabulous trip.
BWV are amazing. (Spoiler alert) :rolleyes1 Wait until you see our room view. It's awesome!

Thanks for the welcome. :goodvibes
There's so many wonderful TRs here on the Dis, but I usually only have the time to keep track of a couple at a time. Yours caught my eye because of the time of the year you travelled and I'm so pleased I decided to hit the subscribe button - so enjoyable to read.
It's so wonderful that you enjoyed your visit to NZ. The people may have changed a little bit in the 20 years since you were here, but the scenery has pretty much remained the same - still beautiful.
I saw some pics of the NZ F&W stall. I'm not entirely convinced the menu items and wine best represent NZ, however the marae (maori meeting house) shape of the stall itself is cute. Will have to take a pic to show friends at home. They'll be amused.
Lastly, I'm even more excited now about you BWV pics. We have a boardwalk view room (studio) booked and I'm guessing by your comment, so did you.

Ahhhh what a fun time at DHS! Man what I wouldn't give to be in the queue for RnR!

Me too! I could use an good adrenaline rush right about now to get me out of the winter funk. We had several nice weather days here and now its freezing again. Such a tease.

I would probably look like I'm in pain on the Tower of Terror, but I would be in actual pain from the heart attack I'd be taking. :lmao: I really do not love that ride.

See - that's my reaction. The ride scares me, so instead of actually looking scared I sort of look angry and stoic. Weird.

How scary about the mom and her young daughter. I hope everyone was ok...

I hope so too. I don't like to see or hear about anyone getting sick while in Disney. It just shouldn't happen.

What a fun update! ToT is in my top 5 favorite rides!! Your pictures made me feel like I was there...now I want to know what is in the Sunset Room too...:scratchin

I am glad you had an "almost" virtual ToT experience through my pictures. I wish I was brave enough to take pictures on the ride, but clearly I am NOT! :rotfl:

I know there has to be something really cool in that sunset room, but what???? :confused3 :rotfl:

I often avoid desserts at WDW, not because I'm not dying to try one but because I am afraid of what you experienced! I like sweet, but not in the form of cream filling or frosting, and not TOO SWEET. I often drool over MeMom's pictures of the POP dessert case and tell myself I am going to try one...but then I chicken out and tell myself I won't. That tie-dye cake and that monster cupcake thing she showed from her last TR looked AMAZING! I plan to spend my calories elsewhere on my upcoming visit to WDW...like on a jalepeno margarita. :yay:

I have to agree with you on devoting your calories to the jalapeno rita. If I had to choose between dessert and an amazing rita, there would be no contest! :rotfl: Unfortunately for me, I end eating the sweets and drinking the ritas and weighing 10lbs more when I get home. :scratchin

Yay for moving to BWV! I can't wait to see your pictures from there, as I have yet to make it across the "pond..?" to check it out. I have visited BC and Stormalong Bay, but only got as far as taking pictures of it from afar! :confused3

The BW is a really cool resort. I have stayed at the BCV once and loved it. But I have to say that it just doesn't compare to the BWV for me. There is just something about the decorations and that whole Atlantic City / Coney Island vibe. I just love it!

Don't get me wrong, though, I love WL...and WCC...I drank about a gallon of water last time we ate there just because he brought it. I have a comical picture of my sister with about 10 straws in her hair. I don't think we have EVER made an ADR there though, we have always just walked in. I would assume, however, that during more high-demand times it would be more difficult to get in.

That sounds hysterical! :rotfl: I hate there once and I didn't care for the food, so I haven't been back. I do think it would be a fun place to take my nephews and I would also love to have breakfast there. :thumbsup2

Happy Wednesday! :dance3:

Thanks. Happy thursday back at ya! :cool1:

AWESOME photos of the Hollywood Tower Hotel! :goodvibes

Thanks! I can't resist taking pictures in there!

How awesome would it be to book a night there?! Hopefully my room would be on a floor easily accessible by the stairs, though. :rotfl:

Can you imagine staying there overnight. Yikes. The two places that would really freak me -if I got locked in and had to stay overnight - are HM and ToT. Especially that boiler room. I'd be dying. :faint:

Thanks for the welcome. :goodvibes
There's so many wonderful TRs here on the Dis, but I usually only have the time to keep track of a couple at a time. Yours caught my eye because of the time of the year you travelled and I'm so pleased I decided to hit the subscribe button - so enjoyable to read.

There are a number of wonderful TRs on the boards. I spend probably 98% on the TR boards. I have met a number of good friends this way and I learn the most by reading about other people's trips. I'm glad this TR is getting your psyched for your F&W trip! You are going to love it.

It's so wonderful that you enjoyed your visit to NZ. The people may have changed a little bit in the 20 years since you were here, but the scenery has pretty much remained the same - still beautiful.

The scenery was amazing. We stayed on the north island because our friend's sailboat was docked there. They were a couple years into their sail around the world. We did travel to the very top of the north island, which was spectacular. One hour we were in snow on the mountains and the next hour we were on the coast. At the time the people were wonderful. It really was a once in a lifetime trip. Amazing!

I saw some pics of the NZ F&W stall. I'm not entirely convinced the menu items and wine best represent NZ, however the marae (maori meeting house) shape of the stall itself is cute. Will have to take a pic to show friends at home. They'll be amused.

I guess its like any other stall - you have to take it for what's its worth. I think I had a glass of wine there, but no food. I was looking for some kiwi wine, but no such luck.

Lastly, I'm even more excited now about you BWV pics. We have a boardwalk view room (studio) booked and I'm guessing by your comment, so did you.

Actually we had a garden/pool view room. But honestly, I think it was better than a boardwalk view. I had to waitlist for the room, so I knew I would never get a boardwalk view during F&W. But I loved this room view and I'm sure I'll never end up with the same studio again.

You will LOVE BWV! I loved it so much, I added on to our DVC there after this trip! I know Mary Ellen already said it but, :welcome:

You might want to consider WCC for breakfast, I have the same issue with their dinner menu.

Do what works for you. It IS vacation and you have worked hard! And you will put in miles just walking for sure. I know it will be a lot harder to get my workouts in on our next trip with all the kids but for me if I can get a few in, I do feel better. We used to have a rule of no working out on vacation and both Jeff and I have revisited that but, in moderation!

It's such a beautiful restaurant. I have yet to try any of the signature dining places, and this would have been the trip to do it if I were to go. Oh well! I guess I had better plan a trip with adults only, probably a girls trip and see what that brings. :goodvibes

There are so many lovely siggies to choose from, I guess for me, just others that I liked much better. The wonderful thing about a girls trip is the opportunity to try them. I would think you could find one that is special, that appeals to both of you menu wise. Have you considered Brown Derby? Or Jiko since you are huge Boma fans?

Well, contrast the experience with Mary Ellen and I and then me and my family moving. :rotfl: Light years difference in speed that's for sure. It really was painless. I do think the best thing is to assume your room won't be ready though, I've been spoiled and then that can set you up for some time to kill if it doesn't happen early.

I've been thinking about this. The cake itself is pretty fab. What it needs is the frosting I make for my pumpkin roll, at about half the volume they put on it. That would be perfect.

What a great update, Mary Ellen. You really went to town on the pictures at TOT (I hope that young girl was okay). TOT is my absolute favorite ride (I just wish I didn't have to do it by myself most times :sad:) and I never noticed that case you posted either and never paid attention to the ceiling...great job.

You do look like you are not enjoying yourself on TOT!

I'm not big on sweet things in the morning (well, except for my Krispy Kreme's), and that looked sweet.

Can't wait for more.

****Oh, and the Pink & Jolly Green Giant are hysterical.

****And I loved the pictures of Tracy...I think of her every day.

I have to be careful with KK's. They are so light and airy it's easy to eat too many and then :scared1: sugar rush for me. I have a very hard time with sugar period. The cake itself is lovely and I do think if it had a different frosting, like the one I use for pumpkin rolls, it would be a lot better. But I could still only attempt half a one at best.

What great a great update. Thank you! I am too much of a chicken to ride ToT. I rode it once and can't again. I have rode the actual service elevator (chicken exit) a couple times just so I could stay in the queue with my family. However... obviously, I am still nervous since I don't remember anything inside the queue. So again..thanks for sharing. I can look from the comfort and safety of my own home. ;)

I do hope that mom and daughter were ok. I can understand how that would be unnerving to those around too... just such a scary situation...even if it was just that she was fainting.

The scary thing about fainting is you just never know if that was "just" it.

Hi Ladies! I'm all caught up again after another move. We've left a nightmare in AZ and are in Texas enjoying a glorious Spring with our son and fam, which means lots of hugs from our grandbabies! Not all bad. :goodvibes

Tammie! I am SO glad you are out of there and in TX. Things happen for a reason and it will be amazing, I know it.

So many great updates! Love the Gaston story! :lmao: So amazing how you kept bumping into so many DISers! Of course F&W will draw them, I guess. ;)

I really am enjoying the dual perspective, with a little Pat thrown in here and there! You each seem to focus on different aspects, which gives a very well rounded report!:thumbsup2

So cool you got to get in on a soft opening for NFL!:cool1: DGD,5 really enjoyed your pics of LM today.

It is fun to see, in hindsight, what we look at differently. Kind of neat!

I hope the girl in the TOT queue was ok!! How scary!!

Your photos of TOT are gorgeous! I'm never ever going back near that ride (big chicken here!), but it is pretty to look around (through your photos, safely many many miles away from the actual ride!) :rotfl:

I'm sorry to hear you didn't like the carrot cake cookie!!! It can be a bit sweet if you're already approaching a sugar rush though!!

I drink my coffee black so the sugar rush was ALL cookie but between the caffeine and the sugar...icky tummy for sure. Which I should have known as I'd done it to myself before but had hoped sharing it would help. Next time I'll eat a yogurt first...and split the thing 4 ways.

Not much DIS time for me this week, but I am scrolling through pictures as I can. Don't want to miss anything! ;)

Thanks for sharing the pictures of Tracy. :goodvibes

I'll take a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie over a carrot cake cookie any day. The cake part is okay - although I have had better - but the cream in the middle is too sweet and there is too much of it for me personally.

Sure hope the young girl is okay now.

Agreed on the frosting, I think it needs a more savory type, like what I use in pumpkin roll and far less of it.

Monday was rough over here for sure

No kidding. I spent a chunk of time on Sat trying to restore data from Jeff's dead laptop, to the kids old laptop which we breathed some life into by upgrading the memory and fought for what seemed like forever to try to get email archive folders back to...no avail.

Good resorts to have crushes on!

Although I'll take YC over BC.

Identity crises

:rotfl:

Frankly I'm even ok with men in a very nice dress short and a dressy hawaiian style shirt (ala Tommy Bahama ish) with a dress mens sandal. Resort casual is perfect for a lot of the siggies in my opinion....but ESPN shirts aren't really what I mean by that.

I bet you are right. Why I was holding on to my hat I've no idea as I don't think it was on all that loose but I'd have been bummed if it came off so probably better safe than sorry.

Hi guys! My week has been CRAZY but I am hoping to get my update up today :goodvibes

Yeah! I actually have my next one already almost written, so good timing. We are going to West Virginia this weekend to check out WV University engineering, so I'll probably post tomorrow night or early Saturday morning.

I'm not gonna lie - I think I may have fallen asleep a couple times.

YOU FELL ASLEEP ON A RIDE?!?! :eek: C'mon...the only sleeping allowed at WDW is in your room or on the bus back to your room after 11pm! There's no sleeping in the parks! I mean nobody has ever fallen asleep in the Hall of Presidents, Peter Pan's flight, It's a Small World or Sound Dangerous with Drew Carey (is that even still around?) on a hot day in an air conditioned theater....have they? :rolleyes1

YOU FELL ASLEEP ON A RIDE?!?! :eek: C'mon...the only sleeping allowed at WDW is in your room or on the bus back to your room after 11pm! There's no sleeping in the parks! I mean nobody has ever fallen asleep in the Hall of Presidents, Peter Pan's flight, It's a Small World or Sound Dangerous with Drew Carey (is that even still around?) on a hot day in an air conditioned theater....have they? :rolleyes1

Wait! You must be out of the penalty box! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Ah - Sounds dangerous. :rotfl: That was one of Nick's favorites and I used it for a power nap every time we stepped foot in there. I was out before the head phones were on! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!