• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something for Bob in the parks...?

Whenever I get back to the parks, you can be sure I will have a dole whip for Bawb.

Bob loved everything about WDW. There was not one inch he didn't find magical.

How about just a picture anywhere holding a Dole Whip? It doesn't have to be a specific spot that embodies Bob's love of Disney - more the whimsy and magic of it all.

A Dole Whip can represent your spending time with Bob around the park.

He would love knowing he was able to spend time with you enjoying a Dole Whip anywhere.

John

I like this idea! I bet Pete will put a special category ie. "Dole Whips in memory of Bob" in the DIS Community Photo Gallery section for the pics and we can all post them there. I have only one concern... THEY ARE GOING TO RUN OUT OF DOLE WHIPS!!!! ;)

I was thinking if we did the bench thing, what if they removed the bench one day :scared1: we would of had to do a spot that will never be gone, ya know. But this being it is the whole park and a Dole Whip :thumbsup2 I can see it now, pics of the someone with a Dole Whip on the train, on a bench, in front of Peter Pan, the Castle... how cool that is could be everywhere Bob loved, like John said ALL of WDW!!

Now I am getting excited, we can honor Bob by doing the things he loved best :goodvibes

Or worse yet - what if they raise the price!?!?!?

If they get to be too much money we could all rent a stroller for Bob :lmao:

I'll sit in a double stroller eating a dole whip while my children push me. :)

Sidenote: Good to see a smiley from a Podcast Crew member. :hug:

I like the dole whip idea anywhere in the park - maybe I can find me a bootlylicous sitcker somewhere!

I'm glad to see you boys back. We've missed you.

We'll be there in 17 days. I love Dole Whips and will be sure to post my picture enjoying every bite/sip.

I posted previously that I didn't particularly care for Dole Whips...but for Bawb I'd eat one in a minute!!! We'll be there in August and you can bet there will be some pictures taken of a melancholy gal choking down this diabetic coma in a cup! :thumbsup2

I must confess that I can only eat the dole whip swirled with vanilla soft serve. It turns out, that for me, too much pineapple is a bad thing. :confused3 Just the thought of eating the dole whip float might send me into anaphylactic shock. :rotfl2:

I do like the idea of a remembering Bawb by eating a dole whip (whatever version you choose) is the way to go - benches seem to be removed at the MK on a regular basis - the Hub is a perfect example of that.

I am in... and can I add it feels good to laugh on these boards again... Bawb was so wonderful at always making us laugh.. Thank you guys!!

John and Podcast Team,

I can get you guys dole whips at Poly before the meet on Sunday. Are you game? Would it be a good idea?

Let me know, and I will pick them up for you!

I like the dole whip idea where ever you are it would be nice to know that Bawb is enjoying the whole park in the line at buzz, shopping with a family in the Emporium this sounds great to me !!!!

Or worse yet - what if they raise the price!?!?!?

If they get to be too much money we could all rent a stroller for Bob :lmao:
Oh I needed that...:rotfl:

Ok...can someone tell me what is in a Dole Whip? It's been so long that I can't remember!

I posted previously that I didn't particularly care for Dole Whips...but for Bawb I'd eat one in a minute!!! We'll be there in August and you can bet there will be some pictures taken of a melancholy gal choking down this diabetic coma in a cup! :thumbsup2

Looks like I too will be eating my first Dole Whip :scared: in August. :)

BTW Great idea sconnel. I love it! :goodvibes

Oh I needed that...:rotfl:

Ok...can someone tell me what is in a Dole Whip? It's been so long that I can't remember!

A dole whip is essentially just pineapple ice cream. That's pretty much it. They also have dole whip floats, which is pineapple ice cream with pineapple juice. They also have vanilla ice cream if you don't want to go into diabetic coma. ;) From the pictures Corey posted, it looks like Bawb preferred the dole whip floats.

Nope -- I'm pretty sure it's just pineapple flavored sugar that they melt, then freeze, and finally...whip into a frenzy. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter