Something for Bob in the parks...?

Does anybody remember what episode Bob brought the empty Dole Whip cups to the podcast? It is not listed in the "archives thread" and I wanted to go back and listen to it again.

Oh - I actually won't be eating the vile thing :rotfl:

Gosh, I love you John.....

I can see it now......Dole Whips shortage.....The Dole Whip Stand is selling out and can not keep up with the supply.

However in a totally unrelated news - Full cups of MELTED Dole Whips are being found all WDW. Millions of pictures up on the net.

Later on hear from John Magi who made millions on inventing a cup that will keep the Dole Whip from melting and still has a year old Dole Whip cup...never drunk - never melted.

(gosh if my car wasn't making so many funny noises I would be on my way down there)

Oh - I actually won't be eating the vile thing :rotfl:

I'm glad to know that it's the spirit of it that counts!!! I'm diabetic...me and a Dole Whip - not friends!

Maybe DH will try it.......

Kimba

Or worse yet - what if they raise the price!?!?!?

If they get to be too much money we could all rent a stroller for Bob :lmao:

Hey maybe Bawb could give some extra rain and sunshine for the bad crop of strollers that are causing the price increase.

So do you think Bawb has demanded a meeting with Walt and God to see what they can do help the families down here?! If I didn't have to sell my liver to buy gas today maybe I could get my car fixed so I could drive down for my Dole Whip......

DS7 told me Bawb is eating dinner with God, Walt Disney, John Lennon and Abe Lincoln......Guess they could move mountains with that committee! (DS is a big Beatles fan)

If that wasn't a tangent or soapbox......

Does anybody remember what episode Bob brought the empty Dole Whip cups to the podcast? It is not listed in the "archives thread" and I wanted to go back and listen to it again.

You can find it in one of the "best of" episodes. I forget when the original was, though.

5/1/07 ~ about 51mins in. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Bob loved everything about WDW. There was not one inch he didn't find magical.

How about just a picture anywhere holding a Dole Whip? It doesn't have to be a specific spot that embodies Bob's love of Disney - more the whimsy and magic of it all.

A Dole Whip can represent your spending time with Bob around the park.

He would love knowing he was able to spend time with you enjoying a Dole Whip anywhere.

John

That sounds perfect.

What if everyone buys a Dole Whip but also gives the CM at the counter a LGMH that says "In Memory of Bawb"? This would also give the World a strong indication of it's loss where it might not otherwise be recognized. Who knows? Maybe they would start to collect them and make a memorial for him at the stand. Just thinking out loud . . .

I am ready for anything! The dole whip around wdw sounds good! I am glad that John had some input in this, it is such a good idea, thanks to the op!

What if everyone buys a Dole Whip but also gives the CM at the counter a LGMH that says "In Memory of Bawb"? This would also give the World a strong indication of it's loss where it might not otherwise be recognized. Who knows? Maybe they would start to collect them and make a memorial for him at the stand. Just thinking out loud . . .
Remember that Pete and the crew had nothing to do with the lime green. In fact, they don't really care for lime green (or at least Pete doesn't anyway). They picked the orange color for the DIS Unplugged, so if you do this, it should be the orange color, for Pete's sake. ;)

Remember that Pete and the crew had nothing to do with the lime green. In fact, they don't really care for lime green (or at least Pete doesn't anyway). They picked the orange color for the DIS Unplugged, so if you do this, it should be the orange color, for Pete's sake. ;)

Ummm . . . well I don't remember because I am rather new to the board, ;) but orange is fine with me. I'll even go so far to say that I agree with the board's taste. Orange is easier on the eyes than lime green.

I don't really care what the color is. I just thought it might be a meaningful gesture.

I have only listened to the podcast for a month or so, but I was immediately addicted to it. Whenever I put it on, hours later my kids are begging me to please listen to something else. They sort of have a point because I don't just play one episode, I have been going back through the archives too. The podcasts will easily play half the day. And I listen as I do my housework.

My point is that even in a short time I have become attached to the people on the podcast. My heart seized up when I read the thread about Bob's death. I do feel like I have lost a friend, and giving a Mickey head in memory of him to the CM at the Dole Whip appealed to me more than touching the counter or sitting on a bench that may not be there one day.

But I don't think this idea is catching on. Your the only person who has given any feedback on it.

My husband and I do plan on having Dole Whips in honor of Bob when we go in a month. Maybe I will be the lone individual to slip the CM an orange Mickey head and tell him or her briefly about the great person who used to frequent their counter.

OK. Somehow I went from "cheeky" in the beginning of my post to melodramatic at the end. I better quit now before I work myself into despair.:sad1:

I have to say I absolutely love this idea. I was planning on doing it anyway, but I think taking a picture for a memorial is great. I won't be there until October, but I'll be having a Dole Whip for Bob. We are going to MNSSHP, so maybe we'll do it that night while watching HalloWishes, I know Bob loved the Halloween version of Wishes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter