• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

My day has gone by quickly and can relax and catch up on how everyone is doing.

I like to read how all the homies are doing
but know most of you are sawing logs now.

One of these days I might become an early bird
(Well, can only hope I will.)

Leaving the light on in case someone is still up!

Sweet dreams to all
hugs!

Thanks, Mac, and hugs back to you, having to clean out and put up for sale, your brother’s house.

Rainy night for us, though rain gone now. With that rain, and a warmer sunny day tomorrow, means DH will have to probably mow the grass next week. With our over a week without rain, the grass was not in growing mode, since DH mowed it the weekend before. 56 degrees out now, so cool night. But like Keisha, blankets tonight.

And a hehe, I wasn’t the only one who took a nap in the early evening. Little one came by around 10, and said she just woke up after napping from when we got home. Hence, unlike me, that is getting ready to turn on that night light, you can online play with both kids until well into the wee hours. All I can say, is we have a movie time around lunchtime tomorrow. I believe we will most likely eat a late lunch after the movie, and we may just get to the theater barely on time. What happens with night owl kids.

And woot! And yep:

IMG_1649.jpeg
::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

My day has gone by quickly and can relax and catch up on how everyone is doing.

I like to read how all the homies are doing
but know most of you are sawing logs now.

One of these days I might become an early bird
(Well, can only hope I will.)

Leaving the light on in case someone is still up!

Sweet dreams to all
hugs!

Ain`t no prize for being an early bird mac.........:duck: Yep, I was out for the count when you posted.

Slept like rocks again last night, but we always do, we`re very lucky we can sleep as I know many that can`t.

This morning our heatwave begins........not really a heatwave to most folks, but for us, absolutely. We won`t be as hot as we are right on the coast but we`ll still be in the 70`s which after being in the low 50`s last two weeks it`ll feel positively tropical!!

Getting the bedding washed this morning, all out on the line and it`ll be dry as quick as a flash, I think I`ll put the same ones back on as I like that look right now. Once Tom is up we`re making English muffins and I`ll have avocado and bacon on mine and Tom will have bacon and a poached egg and of course copius amounts of tea, nice way to start the day.

Plan to sit in the garden today as it`s going to be so lovely and tonight we`re out with friends for dinner, that`ll be a fun night, I think two of them are coming round late afternoon for a drink before we head out.

But, a happy Saturday ahead hopefully.......and time for that early pot of tea 🫖

i-c5Kd5XQ-M.jpg

cv8-S.jpg

cv73-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Saturday :sunny:

Good Saturday morning everyone :wave:
IMG_1338.gif

IMG_1358.jpeg

IMG_0898.jpeg

IMG_1456.gif

IMG_1454.gif

On the way out dh stopped at guest services just to say thank you to everyone who works at the parks. They we so impressed that the made our family honorary citizens of DL.
So nice you all were recognized for your kind comments. I’am sure the staff enjoy getting positive feedback from folks visiting the parks.

We have spent a lot of time with her since she was born due to my friend having her a lot, her mother (friends daughter) is a very busy lawyer based in Europe who puts her career first. I`ll say nothing on her.....lol......I`m glad she`s with her dad full time with grandma`s help as he is in the police so he`s kept busy. I agree, honorable aunties can be better than the real thing at times.
I bet she enjoys coming and seeing you at your house and sharing her jelly candy with you. Being an honorable Auntie is awesome.

Those little ones have a way of reminding us that all is right with the world.

But for this bird, it’s an early morning for me. And week day routine for a few hours before have to get ready for our sad day, where we say goodbye to MIL
Continued prayers being sent for you and your family as you say goodbye to your MIL.

With them being here, I'm only working half the day today. I already had planned out my half day off today - as I booked a massage for this afternoon! I'm looking forward to that one today. Then home to spend time with dd and gd.
Nice you get a visit with daughter and granddaughter. Enjoy your massage.

I`m a rule follower so it irks me when folks flaunt the most basic of rules because they can.
I know you see it everywhere.

Talking to our friends we visited today they were telling us in August they go on a cruise on a ship called Wonder of the Seas......Holy Moly and then some!!! The size of this thing!!! They sail from Barcelona and end in Port Canaveral I think. Nope, that thing is too big. She said they`re looking to go on a newer one next year, Icon something or other, I think she said it`s even bigger. Scares the bejeesus out of me!! Poseidon Adventure is rumbling round my brain!
I just recently have watched a view videos on cruise ships on Youtube. It is unbelievable how monstrous those ships are.

Hubby and I took a cruise many years ago on a Carnival Cruise ship. It was over 30 years ago. That ship is very small in comparison to what they have now. I didn’t care much for it at the time. We have never done another cruise. The ship went to Mexico.

Had our meeting this morning, hopefully our guy can sort out the tax folks who decided to take a whole bunch of money from us when they shouldn`t have!!
That sounds awful. I hope you all are able to get your money back.

This morning our heatwave begins........not really a heatwave to most folks, but for us, absolutely. We won`t be as hot as we are right on the coast but we`ll still be in the 70`s which after being in the low 50`s last two weeks it`ll feel positively tropical!!
Enjoy your heatwave, cocktails with friends and dinner this evening.

Mac prayers being sent your way as you continue to mourn your brother and settle his estate.

Janet it is always nice to be thinking about getting back to the vacation bubble for sure.
IMG_1360.jpeg

We enjoyed our visit from grandson yesterday. We went to Sam’s were he found some shorts for vacation and then onto the Garden Center not far away. He helped me with a couple projects in the garden.

He had hinted to me the other day that he wanted to go to a local Mexican restaurant that is very good here so we took him there for lunch. The food and service were great. Grandson really enjoyed his meal. That was what mattered most.

It was nice and cool out yesterday. Perfect for yard projects.

Today we have sunshine and it was 59 this morning when I woke up. We have a high of 86 predicted today. I will take that.

Going to do a few more things in the yard today. I do enjoy being outside.

IMG_1357.jpeg

Ah, what a day later, what a weather difference. Glorious sun filled start to our day. Those clouds will arrive around dinner time, but for most of the day, that perfectly blue sky and woot, sunshine has been pouring through my windows since right after that early sunrise. Yay, we are getting to that longest day of the year soon enough. Hehe, will be after my bonus 4 day weekend next weekend. June. Yay, the start of our warmest days. With a most acceptable 80 degrees the high today, and pool time indeed, with an 88 degrees the high tomorrow. What a great weather weekend for us.

Hmm, thought I heard older one. Of the two kids, he is almost always the first up. And has been the most pleasant when he wakes up.

Robo, always nice when spending time with your grandson. Thank you, was a nice send off, and now, like Mac, the getting house ready for sale and settling all, is what is to be done. Sweet memories of those lost. Hope you are doing well, with that nice weather outdoors and family time, and enjoying some coffee in your HHN mug.

Yep, older one is up. He’s my like breakfast food kid. Maybe he will make or go out to breakfast with me. We will be nice, and get iced coffee for little one. She is not a breakfast food fan, so going out to breakfast is not her idea to be up early for.

Super excited to say, have a most wonderful Saturday to all.

Good morning to you too Robbie......yes, little ones do reminding us of all that`s good in the world. She is the most adorable child and we love when we get to see her.

And yes, our financial guy sorted out the tax situation, it was taken in error......but of course it won`t be returned immediately.....lol....they take it quick enough but when it`s the other way it`s suddenly complicated......you have to laugh. We`re fortunate it doesn`t affect us but it could for some people.

Glad you had a lovely day with your grandson, it`s so nice to spend time with them, especially when you can treat them to lunch too.

Have a great weekend Robbie......

Change of plans for us tonight, it is just too nice to go sit in a restaurant so everyone is coming to us and we`re going to order takeout from them instead. The restaurant is very small and intimate and I`m not sure they have aircon, so we`ll open the bifold doors and set the large table so we`re kinda inside and outside at the same time.

Told them if any of them want spicy margaritas, bring limes as for some reason I don`t have any and we don`t feel like leaving the garden today to go buy any. We did think about doing a BBQ, but decided nah, it`s a Thai Takeout night for a change.

Won`t be a late one as we`re going to meet Kyle early in the morning where he is doing a run, should be fun to watch, not as far as a half marathon but he`ll enjoy it all the same. I don`t know where he gets his love of running from as it certainly isn`t us!!

It`s fabulous to have some lovely weather again....... :sunny:

The guys are down in Tom’s Man-shed pontificating on life I think with a beer……meanwhile Jenny and I are enjoying some large cocktails…….mine is a very spicy mango margarita with some grenadine as the lines she brought are very sharp, hers is a tequila sunrise……

CCDE7E64-4357-48E8-A46F-B55B5806216D.jpeg

It is gloriously warm……sitting in the shade of the gazebo right now……perfect Saturday afternoon with friends.

Morning all, tempting fates with my iffy oven and trying to roast a big bird today. Wish me luck. Plan on checking the interior temp every hours, worst case I’ll plop it in electric roaster. Won’t get that golden glow but, it does the trick.

We went to Sam’s were he found some shorts for vacation and then onto the Garden Center not far away. He helped me with a couple projects in the garden.
Picked up a pull on pair under $9 that reminded me of Nike variety that is $50 for one of my DS. He promptly asked me to grab them in every color…then his brother saw them and said “me too”. I’m calling them early birthday Presents.

Nice your GS has a green thumb

And yes, our financial guy sorted out the tax situation, it was taken in error......but of course it won`t be returned immediately.....lol.
Haha I’d ask for “interest” on your money, Compounded daily.

I received notice I had underpaid our state tax as to not making advance tax payments on various retirement one-time sorts of income. Ummmm, ok, the interest penalty was under $20. Long letter with multiple calculations by the quarter on every single disbursement…pages of them.

I Was prepared to write out a check & mail The next day another letter received saying they were granting me amnesty. That nice. Heck, if it’s a onetime hall pass, I am sorry I blew it for $20.

carole - IDK I think you’d enjoy cruising in the elevated suite categories. Maybe add on a 3 or 4 night one trip to FL? We are happy enough with the standard cabins & amenities as we don’t spend much time in the cakin, even with a balcony

Royal Caribbean is our favorite cruse line of the moment. have jumped ship on CCL for the most part, due to them having less of the bells & whistles we do enjoy. DCL is 2-1/2 the price of Royal, at least 3 X more than CCL. I am now content to get my disney fix in the parks.

Icon is coming next year, biggest of the big: 250,000+ tons and will hold 8,000 guests & crew. that‘s a lot of people trying to get off the ship in ports. Not sure how that’s going to work

we love the Oasis class (oasis of seas has a small Tiffany’s, had a great time on it). We are doing the Allure in November: 225,000+ Tons and can sail with a few more people than icon. It has all the bells & whistles we enjoy: aqua theater (diving shows), lovely Central Park area with real trees open to the sky, broadway shows etc. enjoy watching those on the zipline and wave riders :).

Only issue with those big monsters is they are more about enjoying the ship vs great ports (less of them and just standard ones). The Adventure we were on in May carried less than 5,000 people. A trade off as you need a Smaller ship to get into some of the ports.

we’re doing the Independence in July with GD. It’s only 154,000 tons & carries a little under 6,000. A nice trade off: less people, has the wave runner & ice rink and Grease as the production show.

I shall now 🛳️ Away, have a good weekend all!

Morning all, tempting fates with my iffy oven and trying to roast a big bird today. Wish me luck. Plan on checking the interior temp every hours, worst case I’ll plop it in electric roaster. Won’t get that golden glow but, it does the trick.

Picked up a pull on pair under $9 that reminded me of Nike variety that is $50 for one of my DS. He promptly asked me to grab them in every color…then his brother saw them and said “me too”. I’m calling them early birthday Presents.

Nice your GS has a green thumb

Haha I’d ask for “interest” on your money, Compounded daily.

I received notice I had underpaid our state tax as to not making advance tax payments on various retirement one-time sorts of income. Ummmm, ok, the interest penalty was under $20. Long letter with multiple calculations by the quarter on every single disbursement…pages of them.

I Was prepared to write out a check & mail The next day another letter received saying they were granting me amnesty. That nice. Heck, if it’s a onetime hall pass, I am sorry I blew it for $20.

carole - IDK I think you’d enjoy cruising in the elevated suite categories. Maybe add on a 3 or 4 night one trip to FL? We are happy enough with the standard cabins & amenities as we don’t spend much time in the cakin, even with a balcony

Royal Caribbean is our favorite cruse line of the moment. have jumped ship on CCL for the most part, due to them having less of the bells & whistles we do enjoy. DCL is 2-1/2 the price of Royal, at least 3 X more than CCL. I am now content to get my disney fix in the parks.

Icon is coming next year, biggest of the big: 250,000+ tons and will hold 8,000 guests & crew. that‘s a lot of people trying to get off the ship in ports. Not sure how that’s going to work

we love the Oasis class (oasis of seas has a small Tiffany’s, had a great time on it). We are doing the Allure in November: 225,000+ Tons and can sail with a few more people than icon. It has all the bells & whistles we enjoy: aqua theater (diving shows), lovely Central Park area with real trees open to the sky, broadway shows etc. enjoy watching those on the zipline and wave riders :).

Only issue with those big monsters is they are more about enjoying the ship vs great ports (less of them and just standard ones). The Adventure we were on in May carried less than 5,000 people. A trade off as you need a Smaller ship to get into some of the ports.

we’re doing the Independence in July with GD. It’s only 154,000 tons & carries a little under 6,000. A nice trade off: less people, has the wave runner & ice rink and Grease as the production show.

I shall now 🛳️ Away, have a good weekend all!

Did someone mention Tiffany……..:listen::rotfl:

My friend Jenny is rolling her eyes, but I will add she is also on her phone looking at shoes!!!

Janet, you always make cruising sound so good…..yes, I think if the Queen had a really lovely suite I might be convinced…..lol……being honest the cruise they’re going on, yes they mentioned around 8,000 folks! Gives me nightmares trying to imagine that many folks, yes I never thought about getting on and off at ports. Think I might stay in!

That sounds lovely, and Grease to boot…..ideal. I think I’d prefer a smaller ship if we did cruise, but there’s something stopping me, as you know Tom would book a cruise tomorrow. Central Park and Broadway shows certainly appeal to me I admit.

Yes, Chris said we’d expect interest if we have to wait till October to get all that money back, I think that was a definite no!

lol, yes, I’d have preferred an amnesty would be for more than $20!

Enjoy your Saturday Janet……

Back to sunshine…….other guys are due soon.

Ah maybe we will sail again. Glad you have so many planned, Keisha. Up next maybe a Europe trip, as MIL to remember next year. This year, 5 Universal trips, with maybe a 6th around the holidays. Oh, and next year, older one wants to do Disney, so I guess planning so far as maybes.

Movie was good at parts, kinda boring at others, but interestingly, mostly about Gwen more then Morales. To be continued. Yeah I guess so. Eh, other than a crying composing kid, was a nice time watching in theater.

Late lunch of burger, shakes and cheese-fries. Then kids wanted Chinese for dinner. Yay! Soup and egg roll for me. I’m still kinda full from our late lunch.

Nothing wrong with mac and cheese, Mac, as does go with almost everything. At least a somewhat easy meal for you. I’m
full again. Liked my soup and egg roll.

Quiet Saturday night. And thankful for that change in direction of wind. Southern winds, hence 10 degrees warmer overnight. Still will probably use the blankets, but glad no AC being heard yet. But will be tomorrow, now saying we may see 90 degrees in the afternoon. Planning on hoping the pool is warmer than the 79 degrees it was the other day, as reported by sister. As weather to ge so nice, will bring a vege tray, sodas and burgers to have a cookout with our pool time.

Woot! Mid 70’s degrees is most of the highs in our 7 day forecast. Nice weather so far in June.

In case I forget to let all know, I will be out of town from Monday through Friday this coming week
But will check my phone each evening for the boards.

I have to do in person paper work etc on brother’s estate.

i always love going to Florida for fun and enjoyment.
This is a first to go for business.

Hello everyone. We are back on the east coast. We are staying overnight in Charlotte and will be driving home tomorrow.
Yesterday was a good day although it started and ended with issues. When we got to DL yesterday morning their ticket scanning system was down. We thought we were going to miss our 9:30 tour, but we managed to get in just in time. We did the 100th anniversary tour which was fun. We got a lot of Disney history and were taken to the animation academy where we learned to draw Ursula. I am so not an artist. We were also given a huge cookie, a large collectible pin, and had an exclusive area to watch the parade. The rest of the day was rides, shopping, and dinner at the Blue Bayou restaurant.
We got back to the hotel and B got a nosebleed. She used to get them a lot when she was little, but hasn’t had one in years. Thankfully it stopped and she hasn’t has another on this trip.
We got up super early this morning to go to LAX. We got there a lot earlier than we needed. I tried to sleep on the flight, but we has a crying baby on board.
Dh and B are already sound asleep and I am fading fast. I will try to catch up tomorrow.

Turkey sure looked good when it came out of oven. I kept checking the oven temp with a little hand held monitor i have, so odd

GD came ‘round today to swim & to remind Pap she had all 100% grades on her final report card…hint, hint I know many frown upon the practice of rewarding kids for grades, it’s a long standing family tradition here. Do think it’s the only reason one of my kids did manage to graduate HS lol.

Up next maybe a Europe trip, as MIL to remember next year.
Fancy, sounds like fun.

Mac it’ll be stressful trip for you, hope it goes as smoothly as possible.

carole. Yes, i knew mention of the blue boxes would catch your attention. It had recently opened when we bopped in, cases were rather empty. I’m sure they’ve made up for it by now.

welcome home charade

Told Mr Mac I feel like cooking a big dinner tonight and what ever he wanted, I would make it

He said great… can you make fish sticks and mac and cheese..
ugh… not exactly what I had in mind, but it’s what I fixed for our meal.

I don`t know what fish sticks are????

In case I forget to let all know, I will be out of town from Monday through Friday this coming week
But will check my phone each evening for the boards.

I have to do in person paper work etc on brother’s estate.

i always love going to Florida for fun and enjoyment.
This is a first to go for business.

You have this covered mac. I`m sure it`ll all go through with no problems. Yes, it`ll be a different trip for you both this time.

Hello everyone. We are back on the east coast. We are staying overnight in Charlotte and will be driving home tomorrow.
Yesterday was a good day although it started and ended with issues. When we got to DL yesterday morning their ticket scanning system was down. We thought we were going to miss our 9:30 tour, but we managed to get in just in time. We did the 100th anniversary tour which was fun. We got a lot of Disney history and were taken to the animation academy where we learned to draw Ursula. I am so not an artist. We were also given a huge cookie, a large collectible pin, and had an exclusive area to watch the parade. The rest of the day was rides, shopping, and dinner at the Blue Bayou restaurant.
We got back to the hotel and B got a nosebleed. She used to get them a lot when she was little, but hasn’t had one in years. Thankfully it stopped and she hasn’t has another on this trip.
We got up super early this morning to go to LAX. We got there a lot earlier than we needed. I tried to sleep on the flight, but we has a crying baby on board.
Dh and B are already sound asleep and I am fading fast. I will try to catch up tomorrow.

Welcome home Charade, glad it was such a good trip, hope you get a good sleep.

Turkey sure looked good when it came out of oven. I kept checking the oven temp with a little hand held monitor i have, so odd

GD came ‘round today to swim & to remind Pap she had all 100% grades on her final report card…hint, hint I know many frown upon the practice of rewarding kids for grades, it’s a long standing family tradition here. Do think it’s the only reason one of my kids did manage to graduate HS lol.

Fancy, sounds like fun.

Mac it’ll be stressful trip for you, hope it goes as smoothly as possible.

carole. Yes, i knew mention of the blue boxes would catch your attention. It had recently opened when we bopped in, cases were rather empty. I’m sure they’ve made up for it by now.

welcome home charade

Nothing wrong with rewarding effort and results. Blatant brag here.......lol.....Kyle always had perfect results in all the important exams so he cost us a fortune through school.....worth it though!! Congratulations and well done to your GD on such a wonderful result for her, she has done so well academically and in her sports, she is a star!!

Oh I would expect anything Tiffany would have a good selection of items, yes, I`m sure it`ll have it well stocked by now!

Hope the turkey was good, we love turkey but tend to have it for Christmas and Easter only, rest of the time you can only buy a frozen bird here.

We had such a late night last night!! So much for it won`t be a late one, no one would go home!!

Ordered Thai food for all of us, and bless them they got every part of the order correct, there were some requests for no this or no that in some dishes and they did well, food was gorgeous and when it arrived two of the guys helped put it all out on sizzling hot plates, even though we ate half outside if I`m having hot food my plate needs to be nuclear hot too. Everyone enjoyed it though and then we just had an evening full of laughter, chatter and cocktails....many, many cocktails!

I think the last friend left at 2am! And not much food left to pop in the trash which was good to see, but such a lovely evening.

And now we`re up at 6 as we`re going to watch Kyle do a run this morning, well, we`ll be at the start and finish line and it looks a gorgeous day again so I`ll get some sunscreen on too, it`s only a 10K so we won`t be there overly long.

Need to think about food for today, I think we`re both still full from last night so it`s hard to think what we want, so far it`s been tea, might grab a slice of toast before we leave and then think about lunch and dinner tonight later.

i-2jLCDpB-S.gif

cv62-S.png

cv63-S.jpg

:rotfl:

Have a wonderful Sunday :sunny:

Hey Janet
Save me a few slices of that turkey please

I am quite found of the dark meat
Absolutely, any time. Ate far too many fish sticks as a kid. Would rejoice when my mom would spring for the brand name ones.

These days, generally not a fan of that finely chopped fish (says the woman who happily uses tuna, drained out of a can for sandwiches :p)

once every year during lent I find myself swinging by McD’s for a filet of fish. Habit or Comfort food in play there I guess

Lynne - that big bird is all nicely sliced down, the carcass is simmering to be the base of soup tomorrow, good day for it only in 60’s.

Have you ever been to Hershey Park? the mr has suggested a possible visit this summer. priced out the Hershey hotel several times, fainted, and moved on my way to other parks. Even onsite at Cedar Point is less $. Although we could possibly work in another visit to Gettysburg, which I do enjoy. Not that far down south as I recall.

not humid here, I broke a sweat walking at the track this am. Almost 80 degrees. air quality is crap again today but, don’t see orange skies.

Had to see if those new tennies could hang. Very happy with them, didn’t even wear my orthotics. Have soured on them, podiatrist said they are still just fine. I don’t think they fit properly now due to the broken foot/arthritis issues that cropped up long after they were fashioned.:confused3 At least 10 years old if not 15, I’d think they have a shelf life of some sort.
Goos morning. Getting ready to head back home. Back to reality.

I think they are similar to what you would call fish fingers.
D0D01F9F-E023-4821-A902-6E5757F8F587.jpeg how‘s the readjustment back to the home front going?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter