• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Happy taco Tuesday!!!!!

Finally getting a chance to make a pit stop.

It was a glorious afternoon off, with perfect weather to be outside. I got all my pots done, and now to wait and see if anything grows and comes out of it :rolleyes1 I bought 2 bags of seed potatoes, and had purchased extra growing bags/pots for them. I ended up using all of them using a 2 extra pots for them that I wasn't planning on using for potatoes. If they do as well as they did last year - we will have a nice little crop. I am also trying some pickling cucumbers! I want to try my hand doing some pickling again. My mom makes amazing pickles every year - and I did it some years ago...but I would love to do it again! I might be a busy gal trying my hand a things again late Aug :laughing:

Weather was a quite cool yesterday, but seems to be back to normal temps again. It is quite windy today - I hope it settles a bit by tonight when I want to head out for a walk. I enjoy each and every warm day we get! Our cold days out number our warm/hot days by FAR!!!! So you will NEVER hear my complain about the hot days.

I'm a little excited as we booked a trip to Nashville late Sept/Oct. We are going with dh's siblings and significant others. It should be a good time. Ds's also mentioned about rebooking Orlando again. Looks like I'll be trying to pick up all the extra shifts with my homecare job.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around a tragic accident that involved a nurse that works in the homecare department. She lost her 6 yr old daughter. My heart breaks for the family, and with nurses talking - hearing all the details :sad: over the weekend over and over and over as others were coming in to ask what happened.

:hug: sending you and your family many hugs!!!!

:hug: It's great to see you again.

It is crazy how far the smoke is travelling. I'm assuming it's from the fires in Eastern Canada now. I hope it clears away in a few days. The pictures of the stacks falling :scared1:

Now I gotta make myself some egg sandwiches. I love a good egg sammie!

How fun! They sure do have a good memory. Our gd doesn't forget a thing either...little stinkers :laughing:

Well, I should run and shuffle a few more papers.
Have a great evening everyone!!!
Hi Pumpkin! September/October in Tennessee should be decent weather. At least it is not a furnace at that time. I used to live close to Nashville. What activities are you going to do, or what places are you going to visit? Tennessee is beautiful in the fall and hopefully the leaves will have started turning by then.

We have a lot of Canadian smoke here too and the sky is also a weird color. Can't wait for the sunshine to return.

"Do you think they maybe have them in purple"

cv64-L.jpg

Gloria is my kinda gal!!!

I like wearing heels but jeez.....can you imagine walking round a theme park all day!! Nope, not this gal.....

@macraven always good to see you post my friend!! Janet`s right of course........:)

Had a lovely nap this afternoon, I`m blaming the walk this morning being too energetic! When we walk with our friends with the dogs, I have to remind them they all have really long legs...Felicity is 5`11, Henry is 6`3 and Tom is 6 foot......my short legs struggle to keep up when they build up speed, but they do slow down for me.

Chicken casserole was lovely, did make dumplings to pop on top and bake for the last half hour, very moreish!! Made a lemon syllabub for dessert although Tom didn`t fancy it, so I have one left for supper.

Time for tea.......
LOL, I read it as syllabus too. What is a sylabub???? I love anything lemon BTW.

My Mom is only barely 5 foot tall and always has had to walk fast to keep up with us. My Dad was 6 foot tall. She is so cute. She just puts her head down and goes like the wind! Or At Least, she used to. She has to slow down now with the walker. You just need shorter friends, LOL>

Chicken casserole (or hot dish as we Minnesotans call it), sounds delicious. Can you divulge the sercret ingredients for it????

It's 68 degrees out and dull looking with all the smoke today. I treated myself to a Dairy Queen Blizzard, strawberry with chocolate chunks! Yum and no calories,haha!

Hey all, those dirty dogs lied, it’s still yucky here
View attachment 765876
”uncle” Least not on the big island of Hawaii, had a volcanic eruption

View attachment 765879
Thank you for countless hours of entertainment over the decades. far more than the cartoon character he protrayed. RIP

nearly fell over this am, wanted to use up some store-bought strawberries and saw a recipe for strawberry scones. Admittedly, have only tried to make scones a few times, always an abject failure. Me so happy, they came out swell :). started out with 8 of them, down to 7. Pretty sure another one will disappear before I go out this afternoon on errands:rolleyes1

pumpkin - oh, that’s a sad story re co-worker. Yea to the upcoming trip planning :dance3:

carole - good luck at the dentist today! Never fun thought to face a new one, it’s a pretty intimate thing to have somebody sticking their paws in your mouth. A lot of trust needed there IMO

I just read The Iron Sheik passed....remember him well.

Glad your scones worked out well. I`ve never used strawberries in scones, I do sometimes add them to muffins though, but I dry them off a little first....I bet they`re lovely though, hard to beat a home made scone.

Dentist did not impress me. But, she won`t be there long, will fill you in on the whole story......

I seen @Lynne G post that it's that hump day again! And since I'm back to m regular shifts at homecare - it's a weekend off :Pinkbounc I'm not sure what we will do yet...but I'm excited to have this weekend off!

Very slow morning here! I'm very used to my busy desk at homecare - where is the not often where you have an idle minute :laughing: I'm waiting for more papers to hit my desk.

I was pleased to get out for a walk last night. The wind had died down to a slight breeze - so it made walking great to keep me cool.

I made a stirfry last night with half of an elk roast. The roasts are HUGE...and when I take one out...most seem to make at least 2 if not three meals. So I have to meal plan when I take one of them out. That was the last meal off of that last night. Tonight I think it's a quick chicken parm for supper done in the airfryer. So quick and easy that way. There won't be many complaints about that - unlike the stirfry last night :rotfl:

That sounds AMAZING!!!! It sounds light and fresh!!!! The older ds hates mushrooms - so I would have to make that on nights when he's not home. I'm going to add that to my list of meals to try when he's working out of town. Yes..I have a running list and some of those are your meals like this one!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you like the next new dentist coming into that practice.

We were hoping oldest ds would loose his allergy induced asthma as he got older. NOPE...it has gotten worse :rolleyes2 I do give him credit as he knows what he needs to do and plan when he's knows he is heading out and knows that his asthma will be triggered. And as soon as the snow starts to melt - he's buying and taking the combination of OTC meds we have found that work.

I will say - the smoke has triggered his asthma alot more this year. I can tell he's growing up and finally doing it on his own without me having to nag him.

It's great when that happens!!!!! Enjoy the scones

Well, I should go hunt down some papers to shuffle again.

Have a great day everyone!

The quiche is delicious, I took a picture but it doesn`t look good in pictures, but it is so tasty, I cook the mushrooms and bacon together with onion and garlic seasoning then drain everything so the liquid doesn`t soak the pastry.....works a treat, you don`t get a soggy bottom that way...... ☺️

Hope your son is ok, glad you don`t have to nag him!! And glad you got out a walk.

LOL, I read it as syllabus too. What is a sylabub???? I love anything lemon BTW.

My Mom is only barely 5 foot tall and always has had to walk fast to keep up with us. My Dad was 6 foot tall. She is so cute. She just puts her head down and goes like the wind! Or At Least, she used to. She has to slow down now with the walker. You just need shorter friends, LOL>

Chicken casserole (or hot dish as we Minnesotans call it), sounds delicious. Can you divulge the sercret ingredients for it????

It's 68 degrees out and dull looking with all the smoke today. I treated myself to a Dairy Queen Blizzard, strawberry with chocolate chunks! Yum and no calories,haha!

Syllabub is a creamy dessert basically made with heavy cream, white wine, sugar, lemon juice or limoncello or both. One I really like is made with whipping cream, marscapone, prosecco, limoncello, caster sugar and lemon zest.....Ruth, it is so good. Nice enough to be a dinner party dessert that I serve it with home made shortbread, sometimes I make a lavendar one to go with that dessert.

Casseroles are so different from one to another. Basic one is made with home made chicken stock, chicken thighs, bacon or legs, carrots, onions, celery or any kind of root style veg or mushrooms and lots of herbs including Bay Leaf, we have a Bay tree so we have them in abundance. That`s a slightly more liquidy casserole I thicken up near the end with cornflour then cook the dumplings in it. One we do love is cooked with the same type of chicken stock and white wine but add thick cream and a stronger herb like tarragon. I do love rosemary so it`s always in there. Then there are the Mediterranean styles which have red wine in them.....I could go on....lol.......

My mum isn`t tall, but she always walked incredibly fast, so we all learned to walk as if we were being chased. Even now I probably walk faster than most of my friends even though most are much lighter, although two or three of them can easily out walk me. Like you Ruth, I`ve seen my mum slow down especially over the last five years ago, although with housework, there is no stopping her!!

Yep, DQ items are all calorie free I`ve been told!!!

I just read The Iron Sheik passed....remember him well.

Glad your scones worked out well. I`ve never used strawberries in scones, I do sometimes add them to muffins though, but I dry them off a little first....I bet they`re lovely though, hard to beat a home made scone.

Dentist did not impress me. But, she won`t be there long, will fill you in on the whole story......

The quiche is delicious, I took a picture but it doesn`t look good in pictures, but it is so tasty, I cook the mushrooms and bacon together with onion and garlic seasoning then drain everything so the liquid doesn`t soak the pastry.....works a treat, you don`t get a soggy bottom that way...... ☺️

Hope your son is ok, glad you don`t have to nag him!! And glad you got out a walk.

Syllabub is a creamy dessert basically made with heavy cream, white wine, sugar, lemon juice or limoncello or both. One I really like is made with whipping cream, marscapone, prosecco, limoncello, caster sugar and lemon zest.....Ruth, it is so good. Nice enough to be a dinner party dessert that I serve it with home made shortbread, sometimes I make a lavendar one to go with that dessert.

Casseroles are so different from one to another. Basic one is made with home made chicken stock, chicken thighs, bacon or legs, carrots, onions, celery or any kind of root style veg or mushrooms and lots of herbs including Bay Leaf, we have a Bay tree so we have them in abundance. That`s a slightly more liquidy casserole I thicken up near the end with cornflour then cook the dumplings in it. One we do love is cooked with the same type of chicken stock and white wine but add thick cream and a stronger herb like tarragon. I do love rosemary so it`s always in there. Then there are the Mediterranean styles which have red wine in them.....I could go on....lol.......

My mum isn`t tall, but she always walked incredibly fast, so we all learned to walk as if we were being chased. Even now I probably walk faster than most of my friends even though most are much lighter, although two or three of them can easily out walk me. Like you Ruth, I`ve seen my mum slow down especially over the last five years ago, although with housework, there is no stopping her!!

Yep, DQ items are all calorie free I`ve been told!!!
Thanks, Carole: I use the home made chicken stock too. I'll try with bacon and mushrooms, which I have not tried yet. I've never thickened with corn flour, just with regular flour, but would give it a try:) I like tarragon and rosemary. These all are slightly different from what I use, so It's always good to hear what other's are using in their casseroles. The lavender short shortbread sounds intriguing. I've never tried it.

We have decided to have a DQ treat instead of lunch at least once a month this summer. It's really a treat for me because I have been trying to avoid ice cream, which is my favorite. I have no will power around it andmost sweets, so I just don't have them in the house all the time.

That's funny that you walk really fast, too! I think it's from trying to catch up to everyone all your life, like my Mom. I still have to tell her to slow down a little when we go out.

Oh my now at 193 quality air index. Over 200 means unhealthy for all. Red flag for fire conditions, and red flag for the unhealthy air. At least not too warm out. Think I heard my AC on for a few minutes late in this afternoon. Hope all in the 5 states smelling like a camping out fire, stay safe, and limit outdoors time.

Greetings from not so sunny California. It has been mostly overcast and cool while we have been here, but I won’t complain. It has been pleasant during the day but cool at night.
Yesterday was our first day at DL. The park was so busy that we didn’t ride much. We took a Main Street guided tour that was cool. We got to spend time in Walt Disney’s private apartment over the fire house.
IMG_9184.jpeg

See the light in the window? It never gets turned off. They even kept it on during the pandemic when the park was closed.
After the tour we were served a cookie and water/soda on Walt’s patio/balcony.
Soda cap for scale.
IMG_9185.jpeg

Last night we ate at Goofy’s Kitchen. The food was good, but I think we over indulged. B was really sick about 4:00 this morning. Thankfully she feels much better now.

Interesting observations of the day:
The young woman in the restroom who was applying copious amounts of mascara and using an eyelash curler

The adorable little girl who was dressed like Mary Poppins

B and I went to a restroom and it was a single stall (about the size of your standard wheelchair accessible stall). The stall was occupied. We waited for the person to finish, but 3 college aged women came out of the stall. I know women trend to go to the restroom together, but all in one stall??

So annoying....why do folks on vacation have to be glued to devices!
I really wanted to slap phones out of some people’s hands. I hate it when people are walking while looking at their phones and not paying attention to anything
Modern Family?? On vacation......crazy.
O can understand watching a show while waiting in line, but a lap top?………
my short legs struggle to keep up when they build up speed, but they do slow down for me.
This is me. I never can keep up with dh.

Not sure if you have decided your dates for HHN, but PB had some nice prices on Club level during the time I’am going in September.
What dates are you planning? Ill be there September 16-22

I'm a little excited as we booked a trip to Nashville late Sept/Oct.
That will be fun. I went there once many years ago. I hear someone play Rocky Top on the harp.

Today is rest day for us. So far we got brunch and took a quick trip to Target. When we
Got back to the room dh put the TV on the MotorTrend channel and immediately fell asleep. I can’t get the remote without waking him.

Tomorrow will be another day at California Adventure. I think we will spend most of the day at the Avengers Campus.

Actually it is nice to visit a park when not very hot out. Sounds like you are having a great time, Charade, and glad B feels better. All that buffet eating can mess with your stomach.

Ooh dumplings for dinner. Gotta go.

@Charade67 i loved the patio. We’d take the Pizza Press pizza back to room and eat on the patio. Also enjoy my morning coffee there! World of Colour is such a great show. Did you do the dessert party?

@schumigirl did I hear bacon :upsidedow Love the Dino meme!

@Lynne G sorry! So many fires and too early in the season. My province just put a campfire ban starting tomorrow. it’s hazy here from our fires and also getting alerts on my weather app.
Today is supposed to be the hottest day But only getting to 84. Cooling down till Saturday when starts warming up Again.

@keishashadow yikes, that’s scary about the asbestos. What a mess. I hope that company is cleaning it up. I agree with Lynne, I’d be wearing a mask in that area.

@Pumpkin1172 oooo! Nashville sounds fun! I’ve never been. I’d like to go to New Orleans! Very sad news about the child.

@schumigirl sorry about your dentist. Our dentist we’ve been going to for close to 40 yrs retired last year. We were so sad. He sold the practice to a woman who seems nice, and competent. But just not the same. It was like loosing an old friend. He treated us, our children, and Brother in law.

@disneyseniors sounds like you enjoyed your treat. We have a DQ down the road. Passed it today going about my errands, it’s so tempting! I did stop by an icecream place down by the inlet the other day. I heard they now have Dole Whip! But sadly not when we went. Something about supply issues.

@Charade67 sounds like another good day! The tour sounds fun. With all the girls in bathroom did you hit a highschool grad day? We did our last trip. Tons of girls in bathrooms troweling on makeup! I haven’t seen the Avengers Campus yet. But I love Carsland! The racers have single rider which goes fast. And Guardians is so fun. We do that at rope drop.

Special Air Quality red alert issued. Yuck. My eyes are slightly burning. DH came home from golf after 9 Holes. He wasn’t feeling well. So many fires. 2 are at the lake where we spend Mother’s Day at the Harrison Hot Springs resort. About a 90 min drive from home.

Did errands today. And made potatoes for weekend camping trip. My food part to bring is salad, bacon and potatoes for Saturday dinner. I cooked them in chicken stock, lemon, garlic, olive oil and salt. Kinda like Greek potatoes. Have them now in a zip lock in the fridge in cooking liquid to soak up all that flavour.

Burgers and salad for dinner tonight. On bbq. Love cooking outside in summer.

Went out to get the dumplings and the sun is a deep orange dot in the hazy sky. So thick is the air, crazy.

Sue, hope they get the fires under control. So scary. Yeah we have a red alert for no campfires, or burning yard trash/trash, as been very dry lately.

Now chilling, and house feels just cool enough I’m not complaining.

Eeek our quality air index is now 240. Now not good for all. We are in purple. My nose is running and eyes itched when got back from just walking from parked car to dumpling place and back, then back home. Ick!

i loved the patio. We’d take the Pizza Press pizza back to room and eat on the patio. Also enjoy my morning coffee there! World of Colour is such a great show. Did you do the dessert party?
We don’t have a patio or balcony. I guess we are in a different building than you were.

sounds like another good day! The tour sounds fun. With all the girls in bathroom did you hit a highschool grad day? We did our last trip. Tons of girls in bathrooms troweling on makeup! I haven’t seen the Avengers Campus yet. But I love Carsland! The racers have single rider which goes fast. And Guardians is so fun. We do that at rope drop.
There are grad nights going on this week but I don’t know if last night was one. The bathroom we were in was outside Goofy’s Kitchen in the Disneyland Hotel. The 3 girls weren’t just in the bathroom together, they were all in the same toilet stall. I just found it to be a little odd.
We did the Guardians ride yesterday. That’s one I can only do once per trip. We are going to try to do the racers first thing tomorrow.
A few pictures from Avengers Campus. Sorry they aren’t better.

IMG_9130.jpeg

IMG_9134.jpeg

IMG_9136.jpeg

IMG_9139.jpeg

IMG_9145.jpeg

IMG_9146.jpeg

Thanks, Carole: I use the home made chicken stock too. I'll try with bacon and mushrooms, which I have not tried yet. I've never thickened with corn flour, just with regular flour, but would give it a try:) I like tarragon and rosemary. These all are slightly different from what I use, so It's always good to hear what other's are using in their casseroles. The lavender short shortbread sounds intriguing. I've never tried it.

We have decided to have a DQ treat instead of lunch at least once a month this summer. It's really a treat for me because I have been trying to avoid ice cream, which is my favorite. I have no will power around it andmost sweets, so I just don't have them in the house all the time.

That's funny that you walk really fast, too! I think it's from trying to catch up to everyone all your life, like my Mom. I still have to tell her to slow down a little when we go out.

Lavendar shortbread is very nice, but it is something I can only eat a few bits of as it`s quite scented, nice though, I much prefer my plain old buttery stuff.

That`s a nice idea for lunch now and again!! I like it!!

Yes, I do walk fast, but not as fast as my very long legged friends.....but I can saunter when I need to, like when we`re in the parks, we`re never in a hurry to go anywhere. Although I did have a moment this trip where I really needed to eat.......I was like a galleon in full sail that day heading for food! Hangry is real!!!

Greetings from not so sunny California. It has been mostly overcast and cool while we have been here, but I won’t complain. It has been pleasant during the day but cool at night.
Yesterday was our first day at DL. The park was so busy that we didn’t ride much. We took a Main Street guided tour that was cool. We got to spend time in Walt Disney’s private apartment over the fire house.
View attachment 765942

See the light in the window? It never gets turned off. They even kept it on during the pandemic when the park was closed.
After the tour we were served a cookie and water/soda on Walt’s patio/balcony.
Soda cap for scale.
View attachment 765943

Last night we ate at Goofy’s Kitchen. The food was good, but I think we over indulged. B was really sick about 4:00 this morning. Thankfully she feels much better now.

Interesting observations of the day:
The young woman in the restroom who was applying copious amounts of mascara and using an eyelash curler

The adorable little girl who was dressed like Mary Poppins

B and I went to a restroom and it was a single stall (about the size of your standard wheelchair accessible stall). The stall was occupied. We waited for the person to finish, but 3 college aged women came out of the stall. I know women trend to go to the restroom together, but all in one stall??

I really wanted to slap phones out of some people’s hands. I hate it when people are walking while looking at their phones and not paying attention to anything

O can understand watching a show while waiting in line, but a lap top?………

This is me. I never can keep up with dh.

What dates are you planning? Ill be there September 16-22

That will be fun. I went there once many years ago. I hear someone play Rocky Top on the harp.

Today is rest day for us. So far we got brunch and took a quick trip to Target. When we
Got back to the room dh put the TV on the MotorTrend channel and immediately fell asleep. I can’t get the remote without waking him.

Tomorrow will be another day at California Adventure. I think we will spend most of the day at the Avengers Campus.

Nice pictures Charade. Yes the phone thing is out of control in general. We saw many folks having to post on their social media in the parks...nah, when I`m in the park with my family my focus is on them and not social media!

Your trip sounds a huge success Charade.

@Charade67 i loved the patio. We’d take the Pizza Press pizza back to room and eat on the patio. Also enjoy my morning coffee there! World of Colour is such a great show. Did you do the dessert party?

@schumigirl did I hear bacon :upsidedow Love the Dino meme!

@Lynne G sorry! So many fires and too early in the season. My province just put a campfire ban starting tomorrow. it’s hazy here from our fires and also getting alerts on my weather app.
Today is supposed to be the hottest day But only getting to 84. Cooling down till Saturday when starts warming up Again.

@keishashadow yikes, that’s scary about the asbestos. What a mess. I hope that company is cleaning it up. I agree with Lynne, I’d be wearing a mask in that area.

@Pumpkin1172 oooo! Nashville sounds fun! I’ve never been. I’d like to go to New Orleans! Very sad news about the child.

@schumigirl sorry about your dentist. Our dentist we’ve been going to for close to 40 yrs retired last year. We were so sad. He sold the practice to a woman who seems nice, and competent. But just not the same. It was like loosing an old friend. He treated us, our children, and Brother in law.

@disneyseniors sounds like you enjoyed your treat. We have a DQ down the road. Passed it today going about my errands, it’s so tempting! I did stop by an icecream place down by the inlet the other day. I heard they now have Dole Whip! But sadly not when we went. Something about supply issues.

@Charade67 sounds like another good day! The tour sounds fun. With all the girls in bathroom did you hit a highschool grad day? We did our last trip. Tons of girls in bathrooms troweling on makeup! I haven’t seen the Avengers Campus yet. But I love Carsland! The racers have single rider which goes fast. And Guardians is so fun. We do that at rope drop.

Special Air Quality red alert issued. Yuck. My eyes are slightly burning. DH came home from golf after 9 Holes. He wasn’t feeling well. So many fires. 2 are at the lake where we spend Mother’s Day at the Harrison Hot Springs resort. About a 90 min drive from home.

Did errands today. And made potatoes for weekend camping trip. My food part to bring is salad, bacon and potatoes for Saturday dinner. I cooked them in chicken stock, lemon, garlic, olive oil and salt. Kinda like Greek potatoes. Have them now in a zip lock in the fridge in cooking liquid to soak up all that flavour.

Burgers and salad for dinner tonight. On bbq. Love cooking outside in summer.

It is a shame when we lose our dentists, we trust them generally. I`ll wait and see who appears at our next appointment and then decide if we need to move practices.

I know she doesn`t always post on The San thread much, but my good friend @Worfiedoodles has a birthday today.......

Part of the Hollywood Vampires wants to wish you a :bday:

Maria, hope you have a wonderful day.....you deserve it......:flower3:

cv68-M.jpg

ca990d854e09349b9d17a079b4fc8148.png

😉

Another cool and grey Thursday, it does feel very autumnal this week, we`ll see when it changes, supposed to be lovely for the weekend. I hope so Kyle is running a race on Sunday morning so we`ll go watch that as it`s quite close to us.

But for today, heading out an early walk, going to have some tea and a croissant, then have some toast when we get back in or Il`l be starving by 10am! Then grocery shopping, not so much fun!

Tom said he fancies fish and chips from the chippie tonight, not sure I do, so we`ll see later but I know we`re having crab sandwiches for lunch today, we adore crab, heck we adore any kind of seafood.

But, Thursday is upon us again........

i-xBP6Jkf-S.gif

cv39-S.png

cv67-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Thursday 😁

A very happy birthday to Worfie today.

The smoke is still making it hard to breathe. We are at 363 quality air index. Emergency health warning and all will have effects. Yep, even my walk to my car, my nose ran and my eyes itched. Not good air to breathe right now. Will put on my N95 mask to go to and from the car later today. No lunchtime walk for me. Inside watching that hazy air:
IMG_1646.jpeg

My view today. Even my lights are reflected as so hazy gray outside. Can smell the smoke for sure this morning.

So thirsty I am. Tissues and now been inside enough, nose is fine, and used a little of my contact solution to water my eyes, and they seem much less itchy now. Icky icky.

So have a most wonderful Thirsty Thursday, as have a drink to celebrate Worfie’s birthday today. And, with this icky weather, keep hydrated, and this time, wear a mask outside too. Hope all stay safe and are happy. We are in June all. Woot! The month we get a holiday in two weeks, and Summer arrives two weeks from now. Bring on that summer heat.

Ahhh. Back to more tea made from very hot water from a water bottle tap. A very good morning to all too.

Cold and grey.......still quite pretty though as nice views are priceless. Nothing like an early morning walk on our beach, well the promenade anyway as the tide was almost fully in. We were down there for just after 7 and it was deserted, probably the cold!

i-JKDKxJM-M.jpg

It`s a little brighter now, but not by much, so won`t be going far this afternoon. Got some laundry to do and not much else.

We started watching that tv show called Lucifer, I did try it when it first started but didn`t like it, gave it another go and I love it.....might have been out of sorts first try. Very funny show.

I have been tempted to click on the thread about Disney + and Satan......the title is enthralling as I have only imagined what it might be about, but I`m bound to be disappointed as I`ve built it up in my head as something much more exciting than it probably is 😈

Lunch was lovely, crab was very fresh, think it was caught yesterday, lovely in anything and decided to just get fish and chips for dinner tonight, love a chippie dinner now and again.

Time for tea.........🫖

Guess who was in town! With husband and niece! We had a lovely lunch together on the waterfront and since it’s taco Tuesday we had fish tacos :wave:

View attachment 762525
It was so much fun! As usual I think we could have sat and talked for hours! We also like your car so much we checked out RAV4’s yesterday as I still need to decide what I am going to get.

Hey gang! Been MIA as it’s been pretty busy here-will be in Orlando sometime between end of July and first couple weeks of August-have cruise out of Port Canaveral Aug5-10. Not sure on HHN this year as new car is tossing wrench into budget (although snagged RPR at good PH rate just in case).

Son still wants Disney as grad trip next spring -have my timeshare weeks deposited and hoping for a 2 bedroom for 2 weeks end of May/start of June 2024. Lots of SSR/OKW this spring and summer -don’t mind those resorts, but keeping eye out for the BWV or AKL as well as they’ve both been spotted.

Was fab time in Seattle and a Vancouver to see Alysa! She very much loved showing us around her city and we had great weather in Seattle.

Sunset at one of the beaches near her apartment.

Attachments

• 8870D4E4-E7C3-4379-83F3-4C7E054AB19C.jpeg
    8870D4E4-E7C3-4379-83F3-4C7E054AB19C.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 1
Woot! August booked at RPR when saw at same rate as SF. Booked then just looked again, now 60 dollars a night higher. Score. Airfare a bit higher then thought, as so rental, but I’ll keep checking those too. And my RPR rate at end of September, all three, got lowest rate so far, hotel (awesome rate), airfare already used the credit that was close to 100 reduction, and rental good rate. Will still check on them to see if can do even better.

Yay MonyK post. Ooh my RAV4 is now 3 years old. Went from a Highlander. Love it. Will never get a sedan. Like sitting up high. Good luck on new car search.

it’s great to see you here MonyK!
You have a busy summer of fun coming up

I am way behind in reading what all have been posting but will try to go back and reread what all are doing

I have tried to keep up with every one and been reading what I have missed.
I enjoy to read how you all are and the summer plans you have made

My plans now are set to drive to Ocala and take over my brothers house and get legal things in order
Will be out of town and hope we can wrap up the basics and and take it from there.
My only sibling died and I am the clean up team that will tie all ends together
Been speed reading what needs to be done but taking breaks when my head starts spinning.

I did not have time to mourn as has to step up as executive to his estate
Started legal proceedings that night and it was difficult but good I started quickly.
Still have some things to do which can wait a few days

Trying to decide if we want to keep the house for us or put it on the market.

(I don’t know if I have a phone glitch or is the board system a tad off.
I am missing emails somehow.
Least of my worries for now.)

Such a back log to put my brother to rest
He passed on the 8th this month and he will be refrigerated until late June as the funeral home is over loaded.

I set up no funeral and will have a creamation.

Well, I am the only person left in the family as all of our relatives have passed away.
I hate drawing the small stick….
But I do have a distant aunt who is 100 but her dementia controls her.
I keep in touch with her but she does not remember me at all and that is okay as I remember her…weekly

I will be heading to UO in September and will hit hhn
Am excited to make the trip and be out of the house
It will be good for me to get away and make new memories.

I like living in Georgia as weather is much better here than it was in Chicago area.
We have sunshine and lollipops a lot
No waiting until August 1 to have a hot summer day when we lived on the edge of N Illinois to Wisconsin

I don’t whine about the heat anymore
ac is on many months of the year
All is fine in my world.

Hope all the homies are doing good!

Someday we need to get our dates the same and hit UO and see each other!

Hope all are healthy and will have a great summer !

Hang in there Mac. One step at a time, and hope you enjoy your time down in Ocala. Sending you hugs. At l ast my MIL will be buried tomorrow. We don’t have the back log you do. Hope to see ya in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter