• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

It was so much fun! As usual I think we could have sat and talked for hours! We also like your car so much we checked out RAV4’s yesterday as I still need to decide what I am going to get.

Hey gang! Been MIA as it’s been pretty busy here-will be in Orlando sometime between end of July and first couple weeks of August-have cruise out of Port Canaveral Aug5-10. Not sure on HHN this year as new car is tossing wrench into budget (although snagged RPR at good PH rate just in case).

Son still wants Disney as grad trip next spring -have my timeshare weeks deposited and hoping for a 2 bedroom for 2 weeks end of May/start of June 2024. Lots of SSR/OKW this spring and summer -don’t mind those resorts, but keeping eye out for the BWV or AKL as well as they’ve both been spotted.

Was fab time in Seattle and a Vancouver to see Alysa! She very much loved showing us around her city and we had great weather in Seattle.

Sunset at one of the beaches near her apartment.

Good to see you Monyk.....glad things are good with you and yours, beautiful beach picture too!!

it’s great to see you here MonyK!
You have a busy summer of fun coming up

I am way behind in reading what all have been posting but will try to go back and reread what all are doing

I have tried to keep up with every one and been reading what I have missed.
I enjoy to read how you all are and the summer plans you have made

My plans now are set to drive to Ocala and take over my brothers house and get legal things in order
Will be out of town and hope we can wrap up the basics and and take it from there.
My only sibling died and I am the clean up team that will tie all ends together
Been speed reading what needs to be done but taking breaks when my head starts spinning.

I did not have time to mourn as has to step up as executive to his estate
Started legal proceedings that night and it was difficult but good I started quickly.
Still have some things to do which can wait a few days

Trying to decide if we want to keep the house for us or put it on the market.

(I don’t know if I have a phone glitch or is the board system a tad off.
I am missing emails somehow.
Least of my worries for now.)

Such a back log to put my brother to rest
He passed on the 8th this month and he will be refrigerated until late June as the funeral home is over loaded.

I set up no funeral and will have a creamation.

Well, I am the only person left in the family as all of our relatives have passed away.
I hate drawing the small stick….
But I do have a distant aunt who is 100 but her dementia controls her.
I keep in touch with her but she does not remember me at all and that is okay as I remember her…weekly

I will be heading to UO in September and will hit hhn
Am excited to make the trip and be out of the house
It will be good for me to get away and make new memories.

I like living in Georgia as weather is much better here than it was in Chicago area.
We have sunshine and lollipops a lot
No waiting until August 1 to have a hot summer day when we lived on the edge of N Illinois to Wisconsin

I don’t whine about the heat anymore
ac is on many months of the year
All is fine in my world.

Hope all the homies are doing good!

Someday we need to get our dates the same and hit UO and see each other!

Hope all are healthy and will have a great summer !

Glad to see you posting mac...you have a tremendous journey ahead sorting all of it out, but you`ll get there with mr mac too. You`ve done your brother proud so far with all you have dealt with since he passed and will get through the last issues.

You have the best weather!! Enjoy it as much as you can......you`re allowed to whine a little about the heat, part of the joy of living in the South!!

After all my moaning about our cold day, the sun has come out and it does look like we`ll get this lovely weekend they promised us after all.

I`ve been eating jelly babies this afternoon.....my friends little granddaughter was here for an hour and brought me a pack of them, she insisted apparently, then insisted I share them with her.....she`s a doll!! She`s staying with her dad more or less full time now, but her mother`s mum is my very close friend and she takes care of her a lot, she gets on well with Elise`s dad so I should see a lot of her this summer.

I think it`s too nice to have fish and chips now, so might bbq instead......decisions! Will sit outside for a while now I think.

Hang in there Mac. One step at a time, and hope you enjoy your time down in Ocala. Sending you hugs. At l ast my MIL will be buried tomorrow. We don’t have the back log you do. Hope to see ya in September.
Thanks Lynne
Will see you in the fog !

Well the trip to Ocala is to settle the estate and remove brother’s personal property and to find a company to sell the house and land

I hope we can do it all on this 4 day trip

Of course things usually don’t go smoothly do they….

Should be able to Mac. If I could have found cheap enough airfare I’d help ya.

Hoping those frequent fear passes come along soon. One more thing I’m waiting for, and will be nice to see ya in the fog in September.

It's that pre-weekend day...and I can see the weekend fully now!

It looks like dh's brother will be in town visiting this weekend. I was hoping to head to the lake to do a little fishing, but I guess that will be put on the back burner for another couple of weeks - as I'm working next weekend. Then I have 4 weekends off in a row - unless someone is sick or needs/wants to swap some shifts.

I'm not sure what else will be going on this weekend...but I'm sure we will find some fun things to do. Spring/Summer so many activities, I'm sure we might be able to find something fun to do since bil and his fiance are here. And the weather looks like it will be PERFECT!!!! We can't ask for anything more.

What activities are you going to do, or what places are you going to visit? Tennessee is beautiful in the fall and hopefully the leaves will have started turning by then.
I'm sure sure of everything we will be doing. We do want to head to Memphis for a day trip, we have tickets already to the Grand Ole Opry for Saturday night (it's the only night they are performing that week) and I have been just found that River Boat - General Jackson...that looks like it would be a great way to spend an evening.

Do you have any suggestions for off the beaten path that are great places to explore? I'm always looking for different things to do. We will be renting a car while we are there - it will just be easier than trying to get transportation for 6-8 people.
Burgers and salad for dinner tonight. On bbq. Love cooking outside in summer.
YUM!!!!!! We eat alot of burgers and salad in the summer! We have to enjoy all the beautiful days we get - as they are numbered here.
All is fine in my world.
:hug: Your task in the next few weeks dealing with your brother's estate is not an easy one - especially when you're grieving. I'll be sending you many thoughts and prayers to get through the next little while.

I hope your plans for HNN can be solidified so you can have a great escape.
I`ve been eating jelly babies this afternoon.....my friends little granddaughter was here for an hour and brought me a pack of them, she insisted apparently, then insisted I share them with her.....she`s a doll!! She`s staying with her dad more or less full time now, but her mother`s mum is my very close friend and she takes care of her a lot, she gets on well with Elise`s dad so I should see a lot of her this summer.
Sounds like you will have some fun times with her! I have many memories of my childhood days - where those honorable Aunties were always making special memories and activities with us. It sounds like you will give some of those memories to her as well

Well, I should go find some papers to round up and shuffle around. Today's task - reorganizing our Safety Hazard and Assessments binder :upsidedow It's exciting stuff :sad2: Working with cranes, heavy equipment and 60 feet steel beams calls for safety up the wazooo :laughing:

Hey all, i spent the morning shopping (online, wants not needs for upcoming trip lol). Well, did snag a pair of saucony (ride model) tennies for 2/3 off. Won’t lie, I was quite intrigued by the color. I’m always a basic black sort. Also, got a giggle out of the virtual “try on” mode. it didn’t exactly match them up to my feet, look like that size would fit my mister but, how cool is that. What will they think of next?

PS my dog had all his toys pulled out, excuse the mess lol

012BE64E-60A4-42C1-AED2-81B74F1280AE.jpeg

Anyone wear that brand? Needed new ones as Turns out the fancy, smancy hoka‘s I’ve been wearing are only rated for 300 Miles. My feet had started to hurt in them. I supinate, podiatrist examined them & said I killed the outside of the sole. :rolleyes1 Meanwhile, they have zero tread wear! they will be house or Bad weather shoes now.

Hi monyk! Long time no post :)

mac you surely do have your hands full, one day at a time!

charade - sounds like it’s shaping up to be a great trip, I vote for overcast days @ DL. Even better when it rains, Californians tend to hunker down those days, helps a lot with attendance

looks like it’s starting to get real for many of us with the wild fire fallout. Boo

We have a short break in the action now as the Omega pattern has shifted. I can almost see a bit blue in the sky. Tonight into weekend is supposed to be a horror here, same as NYC had yesterday. No thank you. Windows will close & AC units will be running, as advised by health dept. my throat is raw already, can’t wait to see what coming next.

Oh my car, was washed after the implosion on Friday, look at it as of yesterday. Feels like gritty baby powder. Going to wait to get thru the weekend before giving it a hand wash.
BTW, my car is black…as in the color of the trunk in the pic.
816B7FF1-18BA-481E-80F4-05BC0114F739.jpeg

The food mentioned here is becoming a problem, now I’m hungry lol. Naw, JK, keep it coming it and trip planning among my favorite subjects.

Good day all, stay safe. one of my kids told me I better wear a hat tomorrow or my “natural blonde hair“ might turn orange too, like the car. He’s kidding, right?:p That’s my take away, never mind the lungs, protect the hair.

@Charade67 oh, my mistake. I thought you said you had a balcony! Great picks of Avengers Campus.

@Lynne G the smoke looks awful. I’ve seen the pics of NY on the news. I think your area would be similar?

@schumigirl lovely beach pic!

@Monykalyn I’m so glad we got a chance to meet up in Vancouver! It was a fun visit. I don’t know if you remember Teena, from Beach Club, I think we discussed that! I’m meeting up with her Sunday for dinner. She’s going on Alaska Cruise.
Yes! You should get the Rav4 hybrid! I love mine. I know your packages in the US differ from ours which tend to be more all inclusive and US is more adding on things but I think you also have a shorter wait!
I love AKL! I think late May is supposed to be a good time. Just before most schools are out!

@Lynne G congrats on snagging a lower RP rate. So Mil funeral is tomorrow? Hoping it brings your family some closure.

@macraven hang in there Mac. Take your time deciding what to do. It may take months for you to come to a decision and that’s ok. No rush to decide on house. Sending hugs.
Yes it’s always fun when our trips coincide and we get in some meet ups!

@Pumpkin1172 any plans to see Graceland?4 weekends in a row off! Woot. How’s the smoke?

@keishashadow thats a nice summer colour! I’d try to find that model in the store to try on. I don’t know why sizing is so erratic not only in shoes but everything. I can be 1 size in a shoe, then same brand but different model is different fit.
Sorry you have sooo much smoke. My friends sister lives in our interior near one of the many fires in our province. They were told not to use the AC because smoke particulates can clog it up. Today looks a bit clearer, this morning we had a good breeze. Nowhere near as bad here as you. Evenvthough we have 70+ fires going. Wind taking it east I guess.
Lol, on the hair. Kids can be such brats! Sounds like something one of my daughters would come up with!

Nothing much on the agenda today. Daughter wants me to go with her to drugstore to get her special shampoo. Thursday is seniors day at Shoppers Drugstore! She wants my 20% discount!
Will pack today for camping trip tomorrow. Leaving in afternoon. Morning is surgeon consult. So I’ll be gone for weekend.

This afternoon cable guy coming out. Have been having intermittent problem for months now. Multiple phone calls and a few months ago a tec came out and swapped out the cable box/router. Hopefully this time they find the problem.

Sue - my spawn keeps me on my toes. The do give as well as they take lol.

Never thot of that re AC. We were told to put it on recirculate. Going to 50 tonight. May put another blanket on bed

We have DTV dish. Biggest issues are ice that messes up the local feed in winter
& intermittent storms causing loss of signal

Carole how were the jelly beans? I eat a couple to be polite when offered. Always afraid any sort of sticky candy may pull out a filling or cap.

I’m a temporary west coaster.
Long but fun day a California Adventure today. We made rope drop and rode Radiator Springs Racers twice as single riders. We spent most of the day at the Avengers Campus.

On the way out dh stopped at guest services just to say thank you to everyone who works at the parks. They we so impressed that the made our family honorary citizens of DL.

IMG_9268.jpeg
We have one day left before we have to return to reality.

It's that pre-weekend day...and I can see the weekend fully now!

It looks like dh's brother will be in town visiting this weekend. I was hoping to head to the lake to do a little fishing, but I guess that will be put on the back burner for another couple of weeks - as I'm working next weekend. Then I have 4 weekends off in a row - unless someone is sick or needs/wants to swap some shifts.

I'm not sure what else will be going on this weekend...but I'm sure we will find some fun things to do. Spring/Summer so many activities, I'm sure we might be able to find something fun to do since bil and his fiance are here. And the weather looks like it will be PERFECT!!!! We can't ask for anything more.

I'm sure sure of everything we will be doing. We do want to head to Memphis for a day trip, we have tickets already to the Grand Ole Opry for Saturday night (it's the only night they are performing that week) and I have been just found that River Boat - General Jackson...that looks like it would be a great way to spend an evening.

Do you have any suggestions for off the beaten path that are great places to explore? I'm always looking for different things to do. We will be renting a car while we are there - it will just be easier than trying to get transportation for 6-8 people.

YUM!!!!!! We eat alot of burgers and salad in the summer! We have to enjoy all the beautiful days we get - as they are numbered here.

:hug: Your task in the next few weeks dealing with your brother's estate is not an easy one - especially when you're grieving. I'll be sending you many thoughts and prayers to get through the next little while.

I hope your plans for HNN can be solidified so you can have a great escape.

Sounds like you will have some fun times with her! I have many memories of my childhood days - where those honorable Aunties were always making special memories and activities with us. It sounds like you will give some of those memories to her as well

Well, I should go find some papers to round up and shuffle around. Today's task - reorganizing our Safety Hazard and Assessments binder :upsidedow It's exciting stuff :sad2: Working with cranes, heavy equipment and 60 feet steel beams calls for safety up the wazooo :laughing:

We have spent a lot of time with her since she was born due to my friend having her a lot, her mother (friends daughter) is a very busy lawyer based in Europe who puts her career first. I`ll say nothing on her.....lol......I`m glad she`s with her dad full time with grandma`s help as he is in the police so he`s kept busy. I agree, honorable aunties can be better than the real thing at times.

4 weekends off in a row sounds good, so hope no one calls out sick so you can enjoy some time with the family.

When I worked in Explosives, H&S was a nightmare but, it was always a priority and had to be kept sharply up to date.......so time consuming though.

Hey all, i spent the morning shopping (online, wants not needs for upcoming trip lol). Well, did snag a pair of saucony (ride model) tennies for 2/3 off. Won’t lie, I was quite intrigued by the color. I’m always a basic black sort. Also, got a giggle out of the virtual “try on” mode. it didn’t exactly match them up to my feet, look like that size would fit my mister but, how cool is that. What will they think of next?

PS my dog had all his toys pulled out, excuse the mess lol

View attachment 766147

Anyone wear that brand? Needed new ones as Turns out the fancy, smancy hoka‘s I’ve been wearing are only rated for 300 Miles. My feet had started to hurt in them. I supinate, podiatrist examined them & said I killed the outside of the sole. :rolleyes1 Meanwhile, they have zero tread wear! they will be house or Bad weather shoes now.

Hi monyk! Long time no post :)

mac you surely do have your hands full, one day at a time!

charade - sounds like it’s shaping up to be a great trip, I vote for overcast days @ DL. Even better when it rains, Californians tend to hunker down those days, helps a lot with attendance

looks like it’s starting to get real for many of us with the wild fire fallout. Boo

We have a short break in the action now as the Omega pattern has shifted. I can almost see a bit blue in the sky. Tonight into weekend is supposed to be a horror here, same as NYC had yesterday. No thank you. Windows will close & AC units will be running, as advised by health dept. my throat is raw already, can’t wait to see what coming next.

Oh my car, was washed after the implosion on Friday, look at it as of yesterday. Feels like gritty baby powder. Going to wait to get thru the weekend before giving it a hand wash.
BTW, my car is black…as in the color of the trunk in the pic.
View attachment 766149

The food mentioned here is becoming a problem, now I’m hungry lol. Naw, JK, keep it coming it and trip planning among my favorite subjects.

Good day all, stay safe. one of my kids told me I better wear a hat tomorrow or my “natural blonde hair“ might turn orange too, like the car. He’s kidding, right?:p That’s my take away, never mind the lungs, protect the hair.

lol....priorities Janet and nice hair is one of them!!! Protect the hair at all costs!!!

Love the new trainers, colour looks really good. Now, I`m glad I read this as I was looking at Hoka`s for walking in the mornings. Several of the running club Kyle belongs to wear them, I imagine they`ll change them out often, but they do look good. I do need something better than Skechers for all the walking we do.

I was seeing the pictures of NYC!!! Shocking you could stand the other side of the river and not see the skyline!!! I`m speaking to my cousin this weekend in LI so will be interesting to hear what she says about it. Yes, keep your windows all closed and leave the car till it`s gone.

We`re being promised a Spanish plume this weekend, but it`s only bringing heat not any nasty stuff.

@Charade67 oh, my mistake. I thought you said you had a balcony! Great picks of Avengers Campus.

@Lynne G the smoke looks awful. I’ve seen the pics of NY on the news. I think your area would be similar?

@schumigirl lovely beach pic!

@Monykalyn I’m so glad we got a chance to meet up in Vancouver! It was a fun visit. I don’t know if you remember Teena, from Beach Club, I think we discussed that! I’m meeting up with her Sunday for dinner. She’s going on Alaska Cruise.
Yes! You should get the Rav4 hybrid! I love mine. I know your packages in the US differ from ours which tend to be more all inclusive and US is more adding on things but I think you also have a shorter wait!
I love AKL! I think late May is supposed to be a good time. Just before most schools are out!

@Lynne G congrats on snagging a lower RP rate. So Mil funeral is tomorrow? Hoping it brings your family some closure.

@macraven hang in there Mac. Take your time deciding what to do. It may take months for you to come to a decision and that’s ok. No rush to decide on house. Sending hugs.
Yes it’s always fun when our trips coincide and we get in some meet ups!

@Pumpkin1172 any plans to see Graceland?4 weekends in a row off! Woot. How’s the smoke?

@keishashadow thats a nice summer colour! I’d try to find that model in the store to try on. I don’t know why sizing is so erratic not only in shoes but everything. I can be 1 size in a shoe, then same brand but different model is different fit.
Sorry you have sooo much smoke. My friends sister lives in our interior near one of the many fires in our province. They were told not to use the AC because smoke particulates can clog it up. Today looks a bit clearer, this morning we had a good breeze. Nowhere near as bad here as you. Evenvthough we have 70+ fires going. Wind taking it east I guess.
Lol, on the hair. Kids can be such brats! Sounds like something one of my daughters would come up with!

Nothing much on the agenda today. Daughter wants me to go with her to drugstore to get her special shampoo. Thursday is seniors day at Shoppers Drugstore! She wants my 20% discount!
Will pack today for camping trip tomorrow. Leaving in afternoon. Morning is surgeon consult. So I’ll be gone for weekend.

This afternoon cable guy coming out. Have been having intermittent problem for months now. Multiple phone calls and a few months ago a tec came out and swapped out the cable box/router. Hopefully this time they find the problem.

We have excellent cable service, fastest broadband there is and all that goes with it, but for some reason their email is not the most reliable. I can send an email at 8am, and it won`t get there till around a few hours later on occasion, I don`t understand it. I`m always glad I have several email accounts to fall back on. Hope they find the issue for you.

Sue - my spawn keeps me on my toes. The do give as well as they take lol.

Never thot of that re AC. We were told to put it on recirculate. Going to 50 tonight. May put another blanket on bed

We have DTV dish. Biggest issues are ice that messes up the local feed in winter
& intermittent storms causing loss of signal

Carole how were the jelly beans? I eat a couple to be polite when offered. Always afraid any sort of sticky candy may pull out a filling or cap.

I`m the same as you with anything jelly usually as I`m all crowns and fillings too, but jelly babies, particularly this brand don`t stick as much, if at all and my goodness they are fruity and have a better texture than the sticky ones!!

So, it is one jelly sweetie I can eat happily.

611zD60BvUL.jpg

Jelly beans I love, but yes, very rarely eat them.

Getting closer to midnight
Do I need to put the night light on so no stragglers will trip in the dark ?

Maybe just let the second shift handle that…
🙃

Early bird reporting for duty........ 😉

We don`t need a nightlight right now as it barely gets dark her right now during the night, maybe two hours and even then it`s not complete darkness according to the astronomers!

I’m a temporary west coaster.
Long but fun day a California Adventure today. We made rope drop and rode Radiator Springs Racers twice as single riders. We spent most of the day at the Avengers Campus.

On the way out dh stopped at guest services just to say thank you to everyone who works at the parks. They we so impressed that the made our family honorary citizens of DL.

View attachment 766296
We have one day left before we have to return to reality.

It`s always nice to acknowledge the staff in the parks, most of them work so hard to give everyone a lovely trip.

Glad you`re having fun and enjoy your last full day.

I`m waiting not so patiently for the heatwave........woke up to more grey skies this morning despite a burst of sunshine last night, but looks like we`ll be waiting till later for some sunshine.

Staying in this morning to have a zoom meeting with someone then pop back to the dentist for a quick visit, which isn`t a quick visit as our dentist is a distance away, we really need to change practices now.

Flicking through all the channels last night we noticed the Christmas movie channels usually start first week of July for some inexplicable reason, but this year they`re starting a week early?????? I have no idea why.

Then, not much else today, lazy afternoon and I have no idea what we`ll have for dinner tonight, avocado toast for breakfast, turkey club sandwiches for lunch but dinner, I`ll think about it. Tomorrow night we`re out to a restaurant so no cooking then. But, they have promised us some really warm weather this weekend.....I hope so.

i-3j5Rgbr-S.jpg

cv60-S.jpg

cv48-S.jpg

Have a lovely Friday and weekend ☺️

Ah yes Mac, I can be a night owl when I want to be. Or, after I took an early evening nap. LoL

But for this bird, it’s an early morning for me. And week day routine for a few hours before have to get ready for our sad day, where we say goodbye to MIL

Weather. While we still have unhealthy air, it’s now 118 air quality index number this morning. So much better than the 400’s we were showing two days ago around this time. Seems the Gulf Stream is sending that smoky weather away, and allowing the Southern air to flow into our area. But we have to get over this 73 degree high cloud filled day, before a stellar weather weekend. Yep, a full day of sun Saturday with glorious sunshine giving us a nice 80 degree high day. Then while a partly sunny Sunday, the high is 87 degrees. So what do you do this weekend? See a movie Saturday, and pool day Sunday.

Woot! A week day routine Friday is here. House feels a little cool, we too are in the 50’s like Keisha in the early morning, and overnight. Yep, blanket and now throw. But house will be warmer throughout the day.

And so, while a sad day for me, also a sad one for Mac, hope you have no issues with your brother’s house, a big YAY for Charade having a last day park fun day today, and with Schumi still eating some jelly beans today, I hope all have a very best Fabulous Friday today.

Ooh good morning. Time for tea refill. Had a very good sleep, so always enjoy my tea, while making coffee for DH.

Woot! Weekend loading..,..,,,..

Good Friday morning everyone :wave:
IMG_1338.gif

IMG_1447.jpeg

IMG_1448.jpeg

IMG_1449.jpeg

IMG_1446.gif

Between that forecast for next few days & the pollution still lingering from the stacks coming down, it’s wrecking havoc on air quality here. Especially those with underlying conditions. Health alerts in place.
Janet I hope you all get a good rain to dampen things down.

Thanks, I’ll go poke around. noticed their rates this time coming in lowest of the three deluxe, guessing a bone for the construction Impact.
I will have a look over at PB and see if the construction project is in full swing when we go down there there the end of the month.

I'm a little excited as we booked a trip to Nashville late Sept/Oct. We are going with dh's siblings and significant others. It should be a good time. Ds's also mentioned about rebooking Orlando again. Looks like I'll be trying to pick up all the extra shifts with my homecare job.
Enjoy your trip to Nashville. It will be a nice time of the year to go.

How fun! They sure do have a good memory. Our gd doesn't forget a thing either...little stinkers :laughing:
Thats true they don’t forget a thing.

Yes, grass, bushes and trees never really lose that green look over here, unless we have a heat wave that last longer than a week, then we tend to go into drought and hosepipe bans come into place, but that is so rare. You do get people sneaking out in the middle of the night watering their gardens and washing their cars when that happens.....it`s quite a funny image. Never seen it myself but it always makes the press when it does happen!
That is funny. The lengths folks will go to not follow the rules.

Anyway......met my new dentist, she`s not going to be there for long so next time we go it`ll be someone else. She was quite nice, but very young.
Our prior dentist sold his practice to a younger female dentist. Sadly he died only a year and a half into retirement. New dentist is nice, but she is rough as a cob. I had to talk to her about it and she told me to remind her on each visit.

What dates are you planning? Ill be there September 16-22
If all stays the same will be there September 12th-23. So our dates will cross for sure.

A few pictures from Avengers Campus. Sorry they aren’t better.
Nice photos.

I know she doesn`t always post on The San thread much, but my good friend @Worfiedoodles has a birthday today....
Happy Birthday to Worfiedoodles
IMG_1406.gif

IMG_0461.gif

Hey gang! Been MIA as it’s been pretty busy here-will be in Orlando sometime between end of July and first couple weeks of August-have cruise out of Port Canaveral Aug5-10. Not sure on HHN this year as new car is tossing wrench into budget (although snagged RPR at good PH rate just in case).
Hey! Monyk good to see you post.

I did not have time to mourn as has to step up as executive to his estate
Started legal proceedings that night and it was difficult but good I started quickly.
Still have some things to do which can wait a few days
Mac I’am sorry to hear you are having to deal with all this. It is hard enough to mourn family when they pass, but to have to deal with estate issues on top of that is a lot. I hope things go smoothly for you as you settle your brothers estate :hug:

Well, did snag a pair of saucony (ride model) tennies for 2/3 off. Won’t lie, I was quite intrigued by the color. I’m always a basic black sort. Also, got a giggle out of the virtual “try on” mode. it didn’t exactly match them up to my feet, look like that size would fit my mister but, how cool is that. What will they think of next?
Back many moons ago when I used to run I bought Saucony running shoes exclusively. They were fantastic running shoes. They had a model called the Lady Echo that fit my feet fantastically. I bought 15 pair of them and eventually over time ran through them all. Then Saucony stopped making the Lady Echo.

I have not looked at their shoes for awhile. Might have to give a look online.

Need to get moving this morning grandson just got here and he is going to help me with a few projects in the yard today.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone.
IMG_1445.gif

It's that Friday Dance :Pinkbounc

Another change of plans. DD and gd came to visit us for the weekend. Gd's other grandpa was supposed to visiting with them this weekend, and he cancelled. Gd was quite upset that her grandpa wasn't coming, and we already had plans with all the family here, so they came to visit us! They arrived VERY late last night, and they were still sleeping when I left for work.

With them being here, I'm only working half the day today. I already had planned out my half day off today - as I booked a massage for this afternoon! I'm looking forward to that one today. Then home to spend time with dd and gd.

I think it will be burgers and salad for dinner tonight. It's another glorious day. We should reach 90 ish...which is warm enough for here. We could desperately use some rain. We had clear skies last week. We are back to the hazy skies again. :sad2:

Hey all, i spent the morning shopping (online, wants not needs for upcoming trip lol). Well, did snag a pair of saucony (ride model) tennies for 2/3 off. Won’t lie, I was quite intrigued by the color
Love that color!!!! It's great you were able to snag a good price on some good walking shoes. If I can get a good price on something I usually pay $$$ for, I'm all for it! All I can think of is that Ikea commercial with the lady running out the store yelling " start the care - start the car!!!" :rotfl:
any plans to see Graceland
That will be on our Memphis day!!! The only reason to go there ::yes::
When I worked in Explosives, H&S was a nightmare but, it was always a priority and had to be kept sharply up to date.......so time consuming though.
Gosh - I couldn't even imagine the nightmare that would have been!!!!!! :scared1:
And week day routine for a few hours before have to get ready for our sad day, where we say goodbye to MIL
:hug: I hope your family feels some closure.
Need to get moving this morning grandson just got here and he is going to help me with a few projects in the yard today.
Enjoy the day with your gd and the projects!!!!!

Well, I should go track down some papers. The tea is empty and it's time to start my day.

Have a great day everyone!

Hey all

spent the am off & on phone with disney setting up park reservations, switching dining ADRs, etc. that’s truly a huge bonus when staying onsite at U…far less hoops. Yet, some people still do complain, a lot.

got an email that caught my fancy today, couldn’t resist as I‘ve been a rupaul fan for so long. Got great seats in the opera box at a classic old, restored theater & crossing off DiL’s big xmas present too in one stroke Haha

do hate that it’s been politicized. to avoid giving anyone the vapors, it is an over 18 y.o. Only Show

552F74FB-B795-4EFE-9746-102BB22AB9C9.jpeg
We have decided to have a DQ treat instead of lunch at least once a month this summer. It's really a treat for me because I have been trying to avoid ice cream, which is my favorite. I have no will power around it andmost sweets, so I just don't have them in the house all the time.

That's funny that you walk really fast, too! I think it's from trying to catch up to everyone all your life, like my Mom. I still have to tell her to slow down a little when we go out.
If a lion jumped the fence at animal kingdom, I might break into a fast jog. Otherwise, I’m as slow as Moses.

we often do DQ for lunch, sometimes go for broke & add those pretzels that are almost as good as Jake’s. buffet’s place for close 2nd @ U.
It’s only 9:10 here!
Hey, that’s cheating missy! Lol
We have one day left before we have to return to reality
vacation vibes are a state of mind, keep it going as long as possible once out of the bubble.
Now, I`m glad I read this as I was looking at Hoka`s for walking in the mornings. Several of the running club Kyle belongs to wear them
Well, the podiatrist said they are great for most people’s feet. However, any of the soft foam sole sorts (even with a guide/hard insert) will get the inside worn down quickly by both over & under pronators. As in the foam just flattens out. We know who we are lol. It just strikes me weird that the soles still look pristine.
We don`t need a nightlight right now as it barely gets dark her right now during the night, maybe two hours and even then it`s not complete darkness according to the astronomers!
Wow, that’s wild
And so, while a sad day for me
Sorry lynne, were there services/MiL interred today?
I will have a look over at PB and see if the construction project is in full swing when we go down there there the end of the month.
Thanks, didn’t see how long it’s supposed to take.
Our prior dentist sold his practice to a younger female dentist. Sadly he died only a year and a half into retirement.
It’s is disturbing to read that, seems to happen for so many once they retire, a shame.
If all stays the same will be there September 12th-23. So our dates will cross for sure.
I’ve tentatively booked an add-on solo stay at the end of my family fall trip there, starting the 15th for a couple of days. Waiting for all clear from friends to finalize as to air, etc.. would nice to have a longer trip that go-round, returning back to the scene of the crime from a week prior :)

heading up to jr’s house. skies don’t look too bad out there, still going to wear a mask when outside. We have yet to install the chandelier we bought him for xmas and also need to figure out how to put his portable AC in window so cats don’t decide to try to escape. He has central AC but, insists it’s not cool enough in his BR. I like it freezing too when sleeping.

have a great day all

Good Friday morning everyone :wave:
View attachment 766325

View attachment 766331

View attachment 766326

View attachment 766327

View attachment 766329

Janet I hope you all get a good rain to dampen things down.

Enjoy your trip to Nashville. It will be a nice time of the year to go.

Thats true they don’t forget a thing.

That is funny. The lengths folks will go to not follow the rules.

Our prior dentist sold his practice to a younger female dentist. Sadly he died only a year and a half into retirement. New dentist is nice, but she is rough as a cob. I had to talk to her about it and she told me to remind her on each visit.

Nice photos.

Happy Birthday to Worfiedoodles
View attachment 766328

View attachment 766333

Hey! Monyk good to see you post.

Mac I’am sorry to hear you are having to deal with all this. It is hard enough to mourn family when they pass, but to have to deal with estate issues on top of that is a lot. I hope things go smoothly for you as you settle your brothers estate :hug:

Back many moons ago when I used to run I bought Saucony running shoes exclusively. They were fantastic running shoes. They had a model called the Lady Echo that fit my feet fantastically. I bought 15 pair of them and eventually over time ran through them all. Then Saucony stopped making the Lady Echo.

I have not looked at their shoes for awhile. Might have to give a look online.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone.
View attachment 766330

I`m a rule follower so it irks me when folks flaunt the most basic of rules because they can.

I do think we need to be comfortable with dentists, we do get used to ones we have and if this one had been staying I`d definitely move practices. I didn`t like her manner or her hands on manner.

Hope you have a fun day.

It's that Friday Dance :Pinkbounc

Another change of plans. DD and gd came to visit us for the weekend. Gd's other grandpa was supposed to visiting with them this weekend, and he cancelled. Gd was quite upset that her grandpa wasn't coming, and we already had plans with all the family here, so they came to visit us! They arrived VERY late last night, and they were still sleeping when I left for work.

With them being here, I'm only working half the day today. I already had planned out my half day off today - as I booked a massage for this afternoon! I'm looking forward to that one today. Then home to spend time with dd and gd.

I think it will be burgers and salad for dinner tonight. It's another glorious day. We should reach 90 ish...which is warm enough for here. We could desperately use some rain. We had clear skies last week. We are back to the hazy skies again. :sad2:

Love that color!!!! It's great you were able to snag a good price on some good walking shoes. If I can get a good price on something I usually pay $$$ for, I'm all for it! All I can think of is that Ikea commercial with the lady running out the store yelling " start the care - start the car!!!" :rotfl:

That will be on our Memphis day!!! The only reason to go there ::yes::

Gosh - I couldn't even imagine the nightmare that would have been!!!!!! :scared1:

:hug: I hope your family feels some closure.

Enjoy the day with your gd and the projects!!!!!

Well, I should go track down some papers. The tea is empty and it's time to start my day.

Have a great day everyone!

H&S for us, was first and foremost and while it could be a PITA at times, when I got my Explosive Ordnance Degree, it was with a veer into H&S eventually as it is such an interesting career, well it was in our industry. But that didn`t happen, think it might have been a good thing as H&S is a different beast today. Operations guidelines we worked to probably wouldn`t be allowed today.

What a lovely surprise with your daughter and you granddaughter visiting!! Now you`ll have the best weekend.

Hey all

spent the am off & on phone with disney setting up park reservations, switching dining ADRs, etc. that’s truly a huge bonus when staying onsite at U…far less hoops. Yet, some people still do complain, a lot.

got an email that caught my fancy today, couldn’t resist as I‘ve been a rupaul fan for so long. Got great seats in the opera box at a classic old, restored theater & crossing off DiL’s big xmas present too in one stroke Haha

do hate that it’s been politicized. to avoid giving anyone the vapors, it is an over 18 y.o. Only Show

View attachment 766370

If a lion jumped the fence at animal kingdom, I might break into a fast jog. Otherwise, I’m as slow as Moses.

we often do DQ for lunch, sometimes go for broke & add those pretzels that are almost as good as Jake’s. buffet’s place for close 2nd @ U.

Hey, that’s cheating missy! Lol

vacation vibes are a state of mind, keep it going as long as possible once out of the bubble.

Well, the podiatrist said they are great for most people’s feet. However, any of the soft foam sole sorts (even with a guide/hard insert) will get the inside worn down quickly by both over & under pronators. As in the foam just flattens out. We know who we are lol. It just strikes me weird that the soles still look pristine.

Wow, that’s wild

Sorry lynne, were there services/MiL interred today?

Thanks, didn’t see how long it’s supposed to take.

It’s is disturbing to read that, seems to happen for so many once they retire, a shame.

I’ve tentatively booked an add-on solo stay at the end of my family fall trip there, starting the 15th for a couple of days. Waiting for all clear from friends to finalize as to air, etc.. would nice to have a longer trip that go-round, returning back to the scene of the crime from a week prior :)

heading up to jr’s house. skies don’t look too bad out there, still going to wear a mask when outside. We have yet to install the chandelier we bought him for xmas and also need to figure out how to put his portable AC in window so cats don’t decide to try to escape. He has central AC but, insists it’s not cool enough in his BR. I like it freezing too when sleeping.

have a great day all

I love drag shows!!!! Hate the sanitised versions now on offer in some , I agree, over 18 and you know what you`re going into....all bets off and they can be as adult as they care to be!!

We met someone this trip who is a drag queen along with his husband, and I think they`ll be amazing, hope we get to see them next trip. Folks with the vapours can go play bingo!! Getting fed up with certain factions and prudes complaining about adult material and jokes....they don`t need to watch it.

Yes, we do know who we are......lol.......hope those trainers work out for you. Yes, running was never my forte! Even less now!

Talking to our friends we visited today they were telling us in August they go on a cruise on a ship called Wonder of the Seas......Holy Moly and then some!!! The size of this thing!!! They sail from Barcelona and end in Port Canaveral I think. Nope, that thing is too big. She said they`re looking to go on a newer one next year, Icon something or other, I think she said it`s even bigger. Scares the bejeesus out of me!! Poseidon Adventure is rumbling round my brain!

You have a lovely day too Janet......

Had our meeting this morning, hopefully our guy can sort out the tax folks who decided to take a whole bunch of money from us when they shouldn`t have!! Quick dental office visit and then we had arranged to go see some friends who live over there, we went out for lunch and saw this little guy wander by as we headed outside to get the car.....

There are lots of them around and all are quite tame, it`s a very small pub/restaurant but they seem to like staying around it.

i-D45SkNJ-X2.jpg

She asked me if one day next week would I watch the movie Beaches with her......holy moly, she`s never seen it and I said I had the dvd, so I told her come on over.......that`ll be a multiple hanky day, one of the saddest movies ever and love Bette Midler in it. Not looking forward to it, but.....she reminded me that`s what friends do.....lol......she got me there!

Both husbands shook their heads and said no way were they joining us that day!!

Tonight, some more episodes of Lucifer...loving this show and Tom Ellis is very, very easy on the eye ☺️

Bottle of Chardonnay has been opened, that, watch some Lucifer and we`re set for a lovely Friday evening.

cv62-S.jpg

😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter