Something About Nothing............ #14

Oh no, a sick house is DisneyLife’s one. Hope you all are getting better, and glad to hear only side effect wife had was a sore arm. Lots of well wishes mummy dust sent to the DisneyLife home.

Well wishes mummy dust also sent to Alyssa. Good thing she got the operation and recovering.

Yeah MonyK, what a trip you had, and an early morning flight home. Yeah, I had a sick dog and a tummy sick kid, each once. Not sure what was worse, cleaning up the throw up off the bunk bed rails and both mattresses, or out of the shag carpet. Dogs messed up the couch so much, after they passed, couch was tossed to the curb. While I am thinking of a second home, it’s not on my radar for some time. Thinking more toward the Tampa area, but that could change.

Pasta it was. No tacos here. Thinking of making some jello or pudding. Maybe to use up the milk, pudding it will be.

May this cool feeling Tuesday night find you happy, and ready for a good night’s sleep.

Oh no, a sick house is DisneyLife’s one. Hope you all are getting better, and glad to hear only side effect wife had was a sore arm. Lots of well wishes mummy dust sent to the DisneyLife home.

Well wishes mummy dust also sent to Alyssa. Good thing she got the operation and recovering.

Yeah MonyK, what a trip you had, and an early morning flight home. Yeah, I had a sick dog and a tummy sick kid, each once. Not sure what was worse, cleaning up the throw up off the bunk bed rails and both mattresses, or out of the shag carpet. Dogs messed up the couch so much, after they passed, couch was tossed to the curb. While I am thinking of a second home, it’s not on my radar for some time. Thinking more toward the Tampa area, but that could change.

Pasta it was. No tacos here. Thinking of making some jello or pudding. Maybe to use up the milk, pudding it will be.

May this cool feeling Tuesday night find you happy, and ready for a good night’s sleep.

Thanks Lynne, yup we’ve been recovered for a short while now, funny how you lose your taste and smell and it slowly came back just in time before Christmas and for our 2 weeks down here and it’s funny how good certain things taste!!!

I was glad she was able to get the Vaccine 💉 and she preferred the Maderna and that’s what she got.

Tuesday and 2021 HAS to be better right?
Sunday was funday in parks, shopping for kiddo, dinner at the Italian place. Last Hagrids ride too- posted 60 minutes but think it was half that. Hit the favorites and got the suit in MiB. Up early Monday to catch 7am flight home- full flight but very smooth boarding and landed 10 minutes early.
Had taken Monday off as I figured I be tired and need to do some laundry etc. Turns out DH had washed all bedding and cleaned carpets- dog got into something and was sick. Ah well he’s fine now and everything steam cleaned. We were talking about a spring break trip/birthday trip but may just to staycation and put the money towards finally getting hardwood floors.
Then yesterday afternoon oldest Alysa called in tears- had been having severe stomach pain for 3 hours at that point. Finally talked her into at least scheduling a telehealth visit - but she waited until AFTER her lab she was teaching! Short version- she ended up with a laparoscopic appendectomy last night, Due to time difference it was 2 am here before we heard she was out of surgery and ok. She didn’t get released until an hour ago as she was nauseated with food and her blood pressure wouldn’t stay up in good enough range for them to be comfortable releasing her.

Bobbie hope the move goes well! Jealous of you and Robo being there, it my hubs is like Lynne’s and doesn’t want to move there- full time at least.
Dang it lost my quotes from posting too quick!
Think dinner is ready so May attempt later
HI to all!

Oh my days Monyk.....how scary for all of you! Bless her she must have been so scared. Hope she recovers quickly and doesn`t feel too bad in the next few days. And hope you`re ok too and manage to get some sleep, your mind will take some time to settle.......sending hugs :hug:

Whenever I see the word jello....always smile and think of Bill Murray in Ghostbusters.......funny, funny movie.

Beautiful sunny mid week morning today, but we are in the minuses with the real feel. 0c but feels much colder. Snow and sleet predicted over the UK next two days, but varying degrees, I doubt we`ll get much. But, so cold outside.

Baking planned today and some chatting to friends on facetime with a little housework thrown in there and I think a movie this afternoon. I don`t mind not being out when it`s so cold.

And quite possibly more restrictions coming in as folks aren`t paying attention to some of the rules. Hospitals are truly struggling and now some folks are being discharged from hospital, and sent to hotels to recover from Covid when they are deemed "better" but not well enough to go home as they need the beds in hospitals.

So, making spicy moroccan chicken tonight with cous cous, that`ll be fruity and spicy too. Lunch will be a surprise I think. Need to add a few items to our online grocery order being delivered tomorrow, I forgot a few things when I made the order, it`s handy being able to ammend as you need to.

Time to move and go do some baking........:-)

i-PRD2Hrf-S.gif

cv68-X2.jpg

cv52-Th.jpg

Happy Wednesday 😁

@Monykalyn that must have been so worrying. Don’t think all realise the seriousness. I had mine out as emergency when 18 and my Mum was absolutely panic stricken. Didn’t tell me till later her brother passed away at 18 with peritonitis when his burst. Of course long time ago now things are moved on.
@disneylife glad you are all improved. I am so much better but energy levels very low.

We have a grey morning here but are cosy and warm. I’m doing some of the home schooling with L this morning. Salt water dough Diwali pots. Luckily Kev found huge bag of salt in the garage.

So I will do that after she finishes her online assembly then hopefully a stroll with Kev and Louie.

Hoping some post arrives today. I ordered 2 birthday cards handmade from Etsy and neither has arrived for Em tomorrow. Both were due Monday.

Happy Wednesday all.

Hehe, both Schumi and Julie are busy this morning.

Schumi, scary that some just don’t get the this virus is dangerous, and so contagious. While my state still has some restrictions on inside numbers, most is open now. The City banned all inside until this Friday, and will decide to extend further by the end of the week. That started the week before Christmas, whereas state ended the Monday after New Year’s Day.

Julie, I think that type of pottery is sold here. Cute you are helping L make a pot. Yeah, one of my brother’s had a huge pain in side, yep, scar from quick surgery. That was many years ago, but yeah never good to have it burst. Sad story your uncle passed from it bursting.

But a pep in my step, as who should arrive?
C1CFC906-7A5A-4AC2-9658-0E5AE3347F4A.jpeg

Ah yes. Why hello camel. Indeed, a very hump of a day, as two nights, and a Friday. Woot!

Time for more tea. Very dark out, and quite noisy outside for some reason. Somewhere close enough I heard a very loud backfire, then a very noisy motor. May have been a truck or some type of truck in the town businesses near me. While the telework required still is in place, seems the morning traffic is more like usual.

Tea, and search for a quick breakfast.

Hope a reason to smile is found this Wacky, Wonderful Hump of a Wednesday.

If you need a vacation, raise your hoof5AB798EF-3E8F-489A-BA5D-3DC6F9837588.jpeg

How are our sickies today?

monyk
Wait, they now boot u a couple of hours after an appendectomy :oops:o_O ???

Laparoscopic or not, that seems very rushed to this lay person. Hope she takes some time off her busy schedule to heal

Thot of u after getting call from the nursing home’s dietician. Lovely & comforting woman. She works in-house only there. Long Initial chat wherein she explained their new policy where the dietician would be touching base with all covid patients’ family weekly

Smart idea imo to shift some responsibility as the nursing staff is so stretched with direct patient care. They are handling oxygen supplementation in-house instead of shipping to hospital

appears so many in congregate care with/after covid are now losing weight in dramatic fashion. Especially, since their sense of smell is often greatly diminished for some time.

so Thankful the home’s administration is proactively shifting the balance of care this way
Makes all the difference imo

Keisha, good to hear mom’s place is taking good care of residents. Where my mom was, I think did a good enough job, even though virus was found in that place. Thankfully, mom did not get infected. Hugs, hard when you cannot visit. Hope she is felling better, and eating well. And hoof up, as all ready for another vacation, but eh, with the world as it is, not in a hurry. Think kids really want to cruise, but they want to only do it when safe to do. Like 2 or more years from now. Little one was interested in a transatlantic moving cruise. Eh, even with drugs, I am not the best sailor. The idea of many days at sea, um, have to think about that. Was hoping to do a canal crossing some day, so maybe will change her mind when we start our, let’s book a cruise. I started to look, but just not ready to put money down. Yeah, got mine back, but in no hurry. Still sad the ship was one we really wanted to try. Though being the largest in fleet, would not have been good with that many people.

Ack, how the pudding I made was already eaten, a what for snack? Off to see anything sweeter not gotten into yet.

Carole is it Kyle’s birthday today? If so send him a big Happy Birthday from Cheshire x

Thank you, but, no, it’s not his birthday today, just baking his flourless chocolate cake today......wish I liked it, it does look good.

Hehe, both Schumi and Julie are busy this morning.

Schumi, scary that some just don’t get the this virus is dangerous, and so contagious. While my state still has some restrictions on inside numbers, most is open now. The City banned all inside until this Friday, and will decide to extend further by the end of the week. That started the week before Christmas, whereas state ended the Monday after New Year’s Day.

Julie, I think that type of pottery is sold here. Cute you are helping L make a pot. Yeah, one of my brother’s had a huge pain in side, yep, scar from quick surgery. That was many years ago, but yeah never good to have it burst. Sad story your uncle passed from it bursting.

Time for more tea. Very dark out, and quite noisy outside for some reason. Somewhere close enough I heard a very loud backfire, then a very noisy motor. May have been a truck or some type of truck in the town businesses near me. While the telework required still is in place, seems the morning traffic is more like usual.

Yes, our restrictions have been far too lenient until now hopefully. So many mixing where they shouldn’t and disregarding the rules. Hopefully tighter restrictions might help.

Traffic on the main roads here are apparently quite busy too. Our village roads are always quiet, so it’s hard to know what it’s like outside our little bubble when we aren’t going far.

Enjoy that tea Lynne.......just making an afternoon pot for us too.

If you need a vacation, raise your hoofView attachment 549910

How are our sickies today?

monyk
Wait, they now boot u a couple of hours after an appendectomy :oops:o_O ???

Laparoscopic or not, that seems very rushed to this lay person. Hope she takes some time off her busy schedule to heal

Thot of u after getting call from the nursing home’s dietician. Lovely & comforting woman. She works in-house only there. Long Initial chat wherein she explained their new policy where the dietician would be touching base with all covid patients’ family weekly

Smart idea imo to shift some responsibility as the nursing staff is so stretched with direct patient care. They are handling oxygen supplementation in-house instead of shipping to hospital

appears so many in congregate care with/after covid are now losing weight in dramatic fashion. Especially, since their sense of smell is often greatly diminished for some time.

so Thankful the home’s administration is proactively shifting the balance of care this way
Makes all the difference imo

Can I raise two hooves.......lol.......

Sounds like they are getting better with their running of the place Janet and this dietician does sound like she cares and having regular contact will bring some peace of mind for you.

We have hailstones now.......more forecast later. It’s gone quite dark too, skies are getting heavier.

Some on here know we have a holiday place up on the top of Scotland, it’s so far away.......but we sold it to the family who look after it all year round. It’s rented out the whole year and they have wanted it for a long time. I ordered flowers and champagne to be sent up to them as a congratulations on them owning it from yesterday........think we had the same thought......just received a delivery of champagne from them. Will put that in storage for when Dry January is over........

So tea for now.......

Didn‘t watch a movie in the end this afternoon.......suddenly the afternoon was half over. But, got all my baking done and then some more.

Chicken is smelling lush through in the kitchen.........

Yum, always smelling Schumi’s kitchen and yay, tea too.

Another bright day for us, though not as bright as yesterday. Hehe, sky was so clear last night, waved to a blinking plane clearly seen far overhead. 37 out, and must be icky enough air, as unhealthy for sensitive groups warning given. Eh, means need to warn older one, make sure your nose medicine is in your pocket if you are going outside.

We had no mail since last week and I checked with the card makers they assured me should have arrived so asked DS to check for me at the sorting office and of course there was a stack of mail including the two cards. He doesn’t know why it’s not come out but he dropped it off for me. Just happy to have them.

Chicken here for our evening meal and also cooking thighs that we shred and freeze for Louie.

J had his first Covid test at school today - thankfully clear. He will have one twice a week now. Seems sensible.

I’m feeling fine just exhausted by this time of day.

Hope everyone else who is unwell continues to improve x

Can I raise two hooves.......lol.......
Four is good by me:)

Lynne, yes, think the water too rough for me to cross the Atlantic. Panama Canal passage to west coast was penciled in for winter 2022 a few years ago. Good thing i used pencil :). We’ll get there, just might be moving more slowy lol

Can anyone guess what I am doing right now? If you guessed sitting on hold for an insurance company then you are correct. I’m giving them 15 more minutes then I’m going to lunch.

My wife got her 1st shot, she got text notification for second shot on Tuesday next week when we get back, complained of soreness in her arm for a day or two
I hope it’s not too bad for me. When I got my flu shot my arm was sore for a week. I already have the second one scheduled too.

Then yesterday afternoon oldest Alysa called in tears- had been having severe stomach pain for 3 hours at that point. Finally talked her into at least scheduling a telehealth visit - but she waited until AFTER her lab she was teaching! Short version- she ended up with a laparoscopic appendectomy last night,
Oh no. How scary. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery.

Hoping some post arrives today. I ordered 2 birthday cards handmade from Etsy and neither has arrived for Em tomorrow. Both were due Monday.
Looks like everyone is having trouble with the mail right now. We are missing several claim checks at work. Checks that were issued last month.

If you need a vacation, raise your hoof
Me! Me! I just checked - I have 129 days until Disney.

Still on hold. Ugh!

Can anyone guess what I am doing right now? If you guessed sitting on hold for an insurance company then you are correct. I’m giving them 15 more minutes then I’m going to lunch.

I hope it’s not too bad for me. When I got my flu shot my arm was sore for a week. I already have the second one scheduled too.

Looks like everyone is having trouble with the mail right now. We are missing several claim checks at work. Checks that were issued last month.

Still on hold. Ugh!

I hope not either for you, I may have said it incorrectly, she had her second scheduled but got the reminder text...lol!

Glad you have a trip planned we come home Saturday, then we’ll be back for a week in April!!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

@Monykalyn that must have been so worrying. Don’t think all realise the seriousness. I had mine out as emergency when 18 and my Mum was absolutely panic stricken. Didn’t tell me till later her brother passed away at 18 with peritonitis when his burst. Of course long time ago now things are moved on.
@disneylife glad you are all improved. I am so much better but energy levels very low.

We have a grey morning here but are cosy and warm. I’m doing some of the home schooling with L this morning. Salt water dough Diwali pots. Luckily Kev found huge bag of salt in the garage.

So I will do that after she finishes her online assembly then hopefully a stroll with Kev and Louie.

Happy Wednesday all.

Glad you are feeling better, yes the low energy was very bad as was my temp and the bone crushing aches, my oxygen levels were low temp was high but Dr still said if I can breathe then I’m not to go to hospital, I regularly sleep on my side and stomach and that was one thing they wanted me to be sure to do, I had shortness of breath but I feel that was along the lines of severe exhaustion, couldn’t hardly go to the restroom without feeling winded, I had 5 days that are just a haze to me, I lost 21 lbs along with taste and smell but that has come back for the most part, I’m pretty sure I’m putting some of the weight back on but not much.

Still on hold. Ugh!

Hope you eventually managed to get through and weren`t on hold for too long.......curious, do you still get a flu jab when you have the vaccine? I haven`t heard anyone comment on it.

Our Book Group had a zoom meet tonight and we all discussed the last book, it was a hard and sad read........the lady who has to choose the next one wants to choose a Dostoevsky.......she has till Friday to make up her mind.....crikey, I hope not they`re not known for being a bundle of fun! Least it wasn`t Tolstoy`s War and peace!

Everyone`s face was a picture when she said it........🤯

No snow so far, just some rain here.

Hope everyone`s Wednesday has been a good one........:wave2:

I just got news I was hoping not to hear. The son of one of our therapists has been diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. He’s 22 years old. I just did a quick search and it looks like this is very treatable especially when detected early. I know Amy is worried, but also relieved to finally have a diagnosis so they can move forward.

Hope you eventually managed to get through and weren`t on hold for too long.......curious, do you still get a flu jab when you have the vaccine? I haven`t heard anyone comment on it.
I was on hold almost an hour just to get through to a representative, and then it took her over an hour to work on my problem. Hopefully it will get resolved this time. It’s the third time I’ve called about the same problem.

Good question about the flu vaccine. I already got one weeks ago. I’ll try to remember to ask when I get my Covid vaccine tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter