Something About Nothing............ #14

Still catching up. Happy birthday to EM and Kyle!

DisneyLife just read about Covid in your family and you. Glad to h ear you’re getting better. Was this after your WDW trip?

Charade sorry to hear about your therapists son. Hopefully he does well with treatment.

Realfoods glad to hear you’re improving. But passing out is scary. Do you know why? Could it be a low in your blood sugar? And a fun birthday celebration for Em! Happy birthday to her.
I was reading about using DL for vaccine centre! Already on Disney boards people are joking about getting vaccine by a pirate while riding Pirates of the Caribbean lol. I feel so sorry for Anaheim and all those small Independant hotels, and business that depend on tourism from DL. I hope my fav hotel survives.

Keisha love the hoodie! Bonus points for embarrassing family- priceless lol! I can’t recall do you live in LA? Or your son? Sadly California is not doing well. My travel buddy lives in LA and a cousin. It sounds really scary. Florida not good either. Both my cousins are recovering from Covid.

Robo glad you’re enjoying some sunshine today. Canada has an app with Covid alerts too, but for whatever reason my province hasn’t opted into it. I don’t know how well it works, but relies on people reporting if they have symptoms.

Schumi yay for booking flights! I keep looking on Alaska, our preferred airline for travel from our pacific NW area but afraid to pull the trigger for our August trip. I am not sure yet what August regulations will look like and if our border will be open. If we still have to quarantine upon return home then we won’t be able to go. My daughter can’t take an extra 2 weeks off work to quarantine. I’m cautiously optimistic that by August we will be vaccinated and no quarantine but who knows.

I`m glad we don`t have to worry about quarantines and so on.....but hope you do get your August trip in place soon......

Robo thank you. I am aware when the dizziness is coming in and always get to a chair or the floor. Only once didn’t and that wasn’t a good outcome! Keisha I have had tests and seen cardiologists and they don’t want to put me on medication as at the time felt stress and low blood pressure connected so I try to manage it. Last advice was add salt, drink couple of coffees and lots of water. However if it continues I will go back for further check ups.

Thank you all for Emma’s birthday wishes. Think we did the best we could in a lockdown. Don’t often buy celebration cakes but this lady was recommended and I just thought it would be a surprise and it is a lovely moist cake.
View attachment 550151
Party tea was enjoyed by us all and glad to say Em said it was a nice surprise.

Really looking forward to weekend but one more early get up first tomorrow. Will have a drive to the farm shop tomorrow and drop some cake off at DS and DIL.

That is a beautiful cake......there are some very clever folks out there.....

Absolutely! One shot only may just convince more to partake

Just saw on tv now london mayor states one in 30 people infected thus far. Yikes. Problem with letting virus run wild/herd immunity is that much worse variant can form that spreads quicker & might not respond to existing vaccine Seriously, we didn’t have enough on our plates? Gee whiz

Yea! Does that mean you got to use your credits from previously cancelled flights.

I bet tom makes a mean steak

I try to keep family on their toes :). No, i live in burbs of pittsburgh, kiddo works for an international company. LA to Phoenix territory is his baby re sales & coordination of direct delivery to clients.

Interesting, I’m sure your doctors have you on the proper path. Just so scary to black out, especially as you could hit your noggin on the way down. That truly is a lovely cake. Taking notes as to the decorating, may try to replicate. Appears a ganache over the top. Did it taste as good as it looked?

Yes, one shot is good. If you`re not a fan of shots......yes, high numbers here....and new Brazilian strain causing concern now.

He cooks the best steaks!! Medium rare for them and rare for me......perfect Aberdeen Angus all the way from Scotland......nothing better.

Yes, as we deferred the flights as opposed to a refund, the cost goes toward the cost of the new flights....and again, they were cheaper this year so we do get quite a nice little refund just like September...win win......::yes::

Keisha the cake tastes really good! Very moist too. I have made drip cakes in the past though not as neat as this!

I`ve never made a cake like that before.......friend does and they always look so pretty.

Oh, i could never come close, not a pretty baker at all but I swing for the fences

Was it a buttercream/whipped icing or fondant? Applied so smoothly. I love watching the baking shows on the tube for new ideas.

i don`t watch it, but you`d enjoy the Great British Bake Off........if you like cakes you`ll enjoy it.

Anyone watching Bridgerton? Netflix drama......i wasn`t sure at first, it`s a raunchier Downton Abbey style of show. First episode I thought no, not for me, but the characters grew on us......just finished the first series, now have to patiently wait for season 2.

Diet pepsi with some lemon tonight.......and more rain. But, been a lovely day all round.....::yes::

Yay! The workday is over and I can relax for the weekend. I'm going to try again to take the cat in for a nail trip tomorrow. Wish me luck.

The neighbor down the street said this last alert said they had 5,000 vaccines to give and were gong to do it at the fair grounds. That is crazy.
That seems like an odd place to give vaccinations.

Ok, you guys asked for it :). I mean, come on...stitch and pineapples & with discounts almost 2/3rds off...couldn’t resist LOL. Bonus points I can wear in parks to embarrass my family = priceless
That's not as weird as I was expecting.

Curious, sounds Iike your vaccine (you, go girl!) was given outside of work. What system are they using there...drugstore or clinic of some sort?
Our vaccines are being given at the hospital. They are being given out in phases. We have to have an appointment and there is a number to call to schedule When I got to the hospital they had several stations set up to collect your information. Then we went to another room to get the actual shot. They had set up separate lines for people getting the first shot and people getting the second. Then there was a socially distanced waiting area where we were asked to sit for 15 minutes after getting the shot. My appointment was at 8:15. I got there just after 8:00 and was out by 8:45.

Thanks Charade......no, that`s a Google picture.....my flourless chocolate cakes are quite flat, about 2 inches high and very dense....like pure ganache........

Hope you feel ok after the vaccine.
I was drooling over that picture. I am trying to cut back on sugar and carbs, but it isn't easy.

I was reading about using DL for vaccine centre! Already on Disney boards people are joking about getting vaccine by a pirate while riding Pirates of the Caribbean lol. I feel so sorry for Anaheim and all those small Independant hotels, and business that depend on tourism from DL. I hope my fav hotel survives.
DL seems like another weird place to get vaccinated.
I keep getting emails from the motel where we stayed when we went to DL. They are desperate for business.

Don’t often buy celebration cakes but this lady was recommended and I just thought it would be a surprise and it is a lovely moist cake.
Gorgeous. Looks almost too good to eat.

Trying to fight the urge to take a nap. I have to get up fairly early tomorrow to medicate the cat before his appointment. I hope he takes the medication this time.

Just a quick drop in to say.........:bday: to Kyle, Schumi's boy and to Em, Julie's girl today.

Hope all was a very happy event for all!

Love that all the homies are able to check in and give us a heads up on how they are doing.

Thanks mac...... :wave2:

Yay! The workday is over and I can relax for the weekend. I'm going to try again to take the cat in for a nail trip tomorrow. Wish me luck.

That seems like an odd place to give vaccinations.

That's not as weird as I was expecting.

Our vaccines are being given at the hospital. They are being given out in phases. We have to have an appointment and there is a number to call to schedule When I got to the hospital they had several stations set up to collect your information. Then we went to another room to get the actual shot. They had set up separate lines for people getting the first shot and people getting the second. Then there was a socially distanced waiting area where we were asked to sit for 15 minutes after getting the shot. My appointment was at 8:15. I got there just after 8:00 and was out by 8:45.

I was drooling over that picture. I am trying to cut back on sugar and carbs, but it isn't easy.

DL seems like another weird place to get vaccinated.
I keep getting emails from the motel where we stayed when we went to DL. They are desperate for business.

Gorgeous. Looks almost too good to eat.

Trying to fight the urge to take a nap. I have to get up fairly early tomorrow to medicate the cat before his appointment. I hope he takes the medication this time.

It`s hard not to nap when you feel like it though.......

yes, even I thought that cake looked good, even though I hate chocolate cake....oh good luck with the cat......

Starting to watch Hunt for a Serial Killer....on Netflix about the hunt for Richard Ramirez. It`s not so much about him as the manhunt for him. Will be interesting.

Always enjoy a documentary show.

And yes, we are going to be reading The Idiot by Dostoevsky. Joy. Only three vetoed it. No one ever picks a good old Jackie Collins.......:rotfl:They`re always entertaining and funny......

This was just after Thanksgiving early December it took me almost 2 weeks before I actually felt halfway normal, I got those dizzy spells also, and 2 1/2 before first negative test. So they say your supposed to have a period of natural immunity, either way we have been big on masks clean hands and still got it?

Looks like a snowstorm back at home but should be out of the way by tomorrow and we get home Saturday so that’ll be fun to clean up, neighbor I text said would gladly have our driveway and walks cleared for us so that is very much appreciated. We’ll grill some nice steaks! Still will have everything else to do, I like having everything cleaned off.

The dog spa we take our dogs to have a newer camera system setup so we can check up on them, they have several huge play areas to socialize during the day I guess you could say but when they are in their kennel 12’x20’ for 2 it’s funny to watch Colt our male chocolate lab, 150 lbs of 9 year old puppy lol!!!

The Skyliner we really like, so convenient from here and we like all 3 of these here BW and YC/BC we would have been at BC but only villas are currently open.
Oh you’re still there! So jealous. This is what I get for being behind, lol. Trying to catch up on a few days worth of posts and getting things mixed up!
I prefer YC to BC, because of balcony. At YC I know I’ll be getting one, and really enjoy using it, sitting outside for morning coffee, in evenings with a glass of wine. One thing I miss about Universal resorts.

Thanks Schumi. To make matters worse for me, the airline goes and gives me a 30% discount code that expires at end of the month. Ugh. What to do! It’s getting more difficult to travel. Apparently I hear the US is now requiring negative Covid test to enter, and Canada is requiring neg test 72 hrs before coming home. Plus quarantine. They really don’t want us traveling. I am still holding out hope that these restrictions will lift by Aug, but who knows.
Loved Bridgerton. I wasn’t too sure of it at first either, but it hooks you in.

Charade, I’ve been getting emails from The Anaheim Hotel! They’ve renovated the rooms and looks great. I can’t wait to return. Last time I went I asked for a ground floor room (they’re only 2 floors) and loved it. All those rooms have a large private patio with tall wooden fence. I’ll ask for that again.
I have to cut out sugar and restrict carbs due to diabetes diagnosis. It’s do able. Choosing the right carbs, and I use erythritol/monk fruit blend (Lakanto) sweetener. It doesn’t have that yucky aftertaste. Was hard at Universal though! Looking at all those yummy treats.

Realfood wow that cake is georgous! Almost too pretty to eat!

KStar hi! I’d wave but my icons still don’t seem to be working!

Simple supper tonight. Soup and grilled sandwiches. We’ve had chili the past 2 days. Always better the 2nd night. Made in the Instant Pot.

Thanks Schumi. To make matters worse for me, the airline goes and gives me a 30% discount code that expires at end of the month. Ugh. What to do! It’s getting more difficult to travel. Apparently I hear the US is now requiring negative Covid test to enter, and Canada is requiring neg test 72 hrs before coming home. Plus quarantine. They really don’t want us traveling. I am still holding out hope that these restrictions will lift by Aug, but who knows.
Loved Bridgerton. I wasn’t too sure of it at first either, but it hooks you in.

Yes, at first I thought it was a joke show, almost a parody of Downton Abbey, but yes, we enjoyed it.

I`d book if you can get a refund or defer your flights. It`s good to hear though they are putting so much thought into managing folks coming and going. The UK let folks come and go for far too long without any testing or regulations.

It would be nice to have something to look forward to, but of course your daughter is limited, I forgot about that. Hopefully it will be better by then.

Funny, my kids prefer the decor of the YC more than the BC. So, we have only stayed there. Last time, we were at FQ. Kids really don’t see any Disney in their trip wants, though if I could get a good price Disney cruise, they’d agree. Haven’t seen good enough discounts from that line in years, but there is hope. When we stay at Universal kids like PB the most. But I think for the number of times we stayed, more nights were at RP. Right now, no trips planned. We may try for a holiday trip this year, but given SW usually puts airfare out for that time of year, towards May, have a bit of time to decide. Much will be our thought as safely doing so. Though with both kids done early May, if an AP rate and flights are still decent, hmmm.

Beautiful cake, Julie. I enjoy seeing all cake decorating. I too like watching baking shows. While I do bake, for birthdays, I tend to buy cake.

Sue, I hope you get away in August. Yeah,been all over the news that any international arrival needs a test result. Unless a state does, there is no national requirement for domestic travel.

Oh Schumi, oh well. At least when book over, maybe next to pick will choose a lighter, happy book. Woot to have flights for trips booked, with your choice seats. I hope you go on them. Yeah , number of new positives and available vaccine are a daily news here.

Keisha, yeah embarrassing kids. Haha, just ask little one. Like the sweatshirt. While I doubt little one would wear it, she does like Stitch. She’s a mostly plain clothes kinda girl. Hated the written sayings on shirts that was popular. Loves a sweatshirt too.

Ah yes, dinner time, and since all are already screen watching, no cries for dinner yet. Half thinking of ordering a pizza and dinner is served. Though boneless wings sound good too. Consensus needed, or at least three of us. DH tends to go along with what kids usually ask for. All tend to eat my selections, though picky eater consideration given, mostly.

Oh so dark out. No plane to see in the dark sky. Clouds covering the sky. But a shall I say warm, 59 degree afternoon.

Had a nasty headache when I woke up. Took medicine, after I ate my breakfast. Had lunch, tummy did not like it, ick, and headache was still at it. Took more drugs, and promptly fell asleep after turning off the laptop. Feel a bit better now, just a little still hurting. Will take some more drugs when ready for bed, and so happy to have turned the alarm off. No reason to get up early tomorrow. Thankfully. A good night’s sleep will surely help.

Off to see the votes for dinner.

At the risk of over sharing...My dog has terrible gas. A relatively rare event. Those of u with pooches will share my pain :crazy2: :rolleyes1 I’m literally trying to hide from him
He cooks the best steaks!! Medium rare for them and rare for me......perfect Aberdeen Angus all the way from Scotland......nothing better.
Oh, I bet. That’s some fancy meat. Not sure that’s a thing here now I was thrilled to grab strip steaks & bone in chicken breasts yesterday lol
Our vaccines are being given at the hospital. They are being given out in phases.
Sounds like they have their ducks in a row
have to cut out sugar and restrict carbs due to diabetes diagnosis. It’s do able. Choosing the right carbs, and I use erythritol/monk fruit blend (Lakanto) sweetener. It doesn’t have that yucky aftertaste. Was hard at Universal though! Looking at all those yummy treats.
Aw is that something new? Has to be a Sharp learning curve Never heard of that sweetener. Most are downright nasty tasting
Yes, at first I thought it was a joke show, almost a parody of Downton Abbey, but yes, we enjoyed it.
I saw Print ad & laughed it off too. Then saw it reviewed on tv. Not my cuppa. Never sat thru A full episode of DA for that matter Nor the crown, which even one of my DS watches faithfully. Figure some day I’ll be bored and give them both another go.
No reason to get up early tomorrow. Thankfully. A good night’s sleep will surely help.
No fun to be sick on off day. Rest up

Schumi maybe I’ll give the Airline a call and see what the procedure is now. It was that you could cancel or change without penalty. And have a credit.

Lynne I hope your headache is better. Yup, being international I’ll have to get Covid tests entering US then again returning home. Plus the 14 day quarantine unless regulations loosen up by Aug.

Keisha, relatively new. Last March received diagnosis. Had a lot of research to do! So far I’m able to control my blood sugar with diet. Sometimes I wish doctor would just give me the pill so I don’t have to work so hard! But the other part of me is glad I’m not on meds.
I only found out about that sugar substitute when I became diabetic. Doing my research and was reading about it. My Costco carries it!

I’ll leave the porch light on!

Oh Schumi, oh well. At least when book over, maybe next to pick will choose a lighter, happy book. Woot to have flights for trips booked, with your choice seats. I hope you go on them. Yeah , number of new positives and available vaccine are a daily news here.

Ah yes, dinner time, and since all are already screen watching, no cries for dinner yet. Half thinking of ordering a pizza and dinner is served. Though boneless wings sound good too. Consensus needed, or at least three of us. DH tends to go along with what kids usually ask for. All tend to eat my selections, though picky eater consideration given, mostly.

Oh so dark out. No plane to see in the dark sky. Clouds covering the sky. But a shall I say warm, 59 degree afternoon.

Had a nasty headache when I woke up. Took medicine, after I ate my breakfast. Had lunch, tummy did not like it, ick, and headache was still at it. Took more drugs, and promptly fell asleep after turning off the laptop. Feel a bit better now, just a little still hurting. Will take some more drugs when ready for bed, and so happy to have turned the alarm off. No reason to get up early tomorrow. Thankfully. A good night’s sleep will surely help.

Off to see the votes for dinner.

Hope you`re feeling better today Lynne, headaches are never fun. Yes, a good nights sleep is a cure all at times.

Pizza or wings.....both sound good.

At the risk of over sharing...My dog has terrible gas. A relatively rare event. Those of u with pooches will share my pain :crazy2: :rolleyes1 I’m literally trying to hide from him

Oh, I bet. That’s some fancy meat. Not sure that’s a thing here now I was thrilled to grab strip steaks & bone in chicken breasts yesterday lol

Aw is that something new? Has to be a Sharp learning curve Never heard of that sweetener. Most are downright nasty tasting

I saw Print ad & laughed it off too. Then saw it reviewed on tv. Not my cuppa. Never sat thru A full episode of DA for that matter Nor the crown, which even one of my DS watches faithfully. Figure some day I’ll be bored and give them both another go.

No fun to be sick on off day. Rest up

lol......one of the reasons we don`t have a dog......

Yep, Aberdeen Angus is the bomb. We do like our local beef, but much prefer Scottish and although we have to order it and have it delivered, it`s worth it.

I never got into Downton Abbey.....some fabulous actors, but kind of bored me. The Crown I actively avoid, but this is kind of humorous so if you get past the first or second episode you maybe like it......

Hope doggies tummy is better today......lol......

Schumi maybe I’ll give the Airline a call and see what the procedure is now. It was that you could cancel or change without penalty. And have a credit.

Lynne I hope your headache is better. Yup, being international I’ll have to get Covid tests entering US then again returning home. Plus the 14 day quarantine unless regulations loosen up by Aug.

Keisha, relatively new. Last March received diagnosis. Had a lot of research to do! So far I’m able to control my blood sugar with diet. Sometimes I wish doctor would just give me the pill so I don’t have to work so hard! But the other part of me is glad I’m not on meds.
I only found out about that sugar substitute when I became diabetic. Doing my research and was reading about it. My Costco carries it!

I’ll leave the porch light on!

Yes, always worth a call to find out what`s on offer, won`t do any harm.

Under normal circumstances we can`t change a flight or cancel without a charge. Changes the way Americans do it regularly are not the way British airlines work....once you`re booked, you`re booked. You can change things for a charge though, but it`s limited.

Friday........

Had such a good sleep last night, in saying that I always sleep well, unless it`s too hot.....

Going out this morning a walk along the beach. The woods are still too muddy depsite a frost this morning. Sea looks very calm.

Possible snow again for next two days, but it`ll be rain more than anything. I have cousins over the other side of the country send me images of their snow.......we have nothing.

I`m having spicy chicken stir fry tonight, others are having fish and chips from the chippie.....I may steal a chip or two.........

Time to look out hat and gloves again....it`s a little fresh outside today again.

cv23-S.jpg

cv46-S.jpg

cv79-XL.jpg

Have a wonderful Friday 😁

Lynne hope you are feeling better?

Up early and got morning jobs done. As I wanted to go to the farm butcher I suggested we took Louie round a local mere on the way. Luckily took his portable shower as the ice was defrosting and by the time we were back to the car he was practically black!

Dropped of some of the birthday cake at DS & DIL on way back - hope it isn’t frozen in the box when they get home!

Freezing fog is drifting in now so glad we got out this morning. Footpath is all on the flat so was good for me.

L just asked are we having fishy Friday so yes decision made it will be fish and chips take out tonight!

Talk of flights I just can’t get my head around yet with the situation changing almost daily. Bookings are hugely up for all UK destinations but I am sure we will find something when we are ready.

Time for a quick lunch now and looking forward to a peaceful weekend for everyone.

58BDB003-5A47-43C4-92DB-301066A88EFE.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks all, am feeling better. Cannot say had a good night’s sleep, as DH can be annoying, and he was up by 5 this morning. Gets me up too, but at least not having to move fast is a good thing. Put a load of wash on, and made bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches, well, no bread for me. I did toast his bread, though he is happy no matter if I toast it or not. The advantage of not having to watch the clock or screen. Larger breakfast. Yum.

Why I get that headache is thankfully not very often. But when I do, drugs and rest are the only thing I can do to help stop the pain. At least I was home, so thankful for that too.

Hehe, my dogs did not pass gas very often, Keisha, but yeah, pretty smelly. Like as when they did, the me? look, or cow eyes like after darn dog ate a bag of chocolate kisses. Yep, best is to try to leave the room with dog not following you. Can of good smelling spray should be in that room, or take it out of the bathroom. LoL

Yay, a Friday! Woot!

Fishy Friday in Julie’s house, and some fish at Schumi’s too. Not sure for us.

Last night, family enjoyed pizza and wings. I had a few wings, they were good. DH had gone out, came back, asked what dinner left. Hehe, only a few slices of pizza. He saw the other package in trash, so yeah, we had wings, but none are left. Depending on how much pizza was left, was thinking of a cold pizza, but there was none I saw in the refrigerator. Yep, was a hungry family last night.

Have one more piece of steak, so when kids wake up, breakfast round 2. Eggs, egg whites, bacon and steak. I know all will be eaten then. With DH and I snacking on some, to make no leftovers.

So yes,
B4CE019F-AEED-487B-8DB2-1D40D983A76D.jpeg

Yep, a Friday one:
9FB57EE9-023F-46B8-8F2F-1CDAB7C98331.jpeg ::yes::

So have a fabulous Friday and a most wonderful weekend.

Time to do more wash and refill my tea cup. :wave2: Homies. It’s a Friday. :dancer:

My cat is going to drive me insane. As you may recall from last time I was unable to get him to take his medication. Today I tried sprinkling the gabapentin in with some tuna. He licked the tuna a couple of times and then ignored it. Then I treid putting the capsule into a pill pocket. He bit into it, broke the capsule spilling the contents onto the floor, and ate the pill pocket. I eventually managed to get the spilled gabapentin into a couple of other pill pockets which the cat finally ate. I just hope I got enough into him to do some good.

Oops, hit post too soon.

Charade, I’ve been getting emails from The Anaheim Hotel! They’ve renovated the rooms and looks great. I can’t wait to return. Last time I went I asked for a ground floor room (they’re only 2 floors) and loved it. All those rooms have a large private patio with tall wooden fence. I’ll ask for that again.
I've been getting them from the Tropicana. I hope we can eventually get back to DL someday. I'll have to check out the Anaheim.

Kids really don’t see any Disney in their trip wants,
That's a shame. I don't think B will ever get tired ov going to Disney.

It seems pretty efficient so far. I think we are in phase 1B. Dh becomes eligible in phase 1C whenever that may be.

Thanks all, am feeling better. Cannot say had a good night’s sleep
Glad to hear you are feeling better. Maybe a nap this afternoon?

Guess I should go get ready to take my furry beast to the vet.

I enjoy a little sweet Something with my morning cuppa that passes for breakfast most days. Family enjoys the brand of raisin cookies that Sam’s sells in bakery, almost as good as mine ;) Nearly choked today on the bonus ingredient.

Yes, that is my dogs nose checking things out. The little stinker got alarmed with the fuss. Same for the Manager at store when I called this am to suggest they pull that lot
5688956F-86AB-4F04-969E-2506DD8D16FE.jpeg
9801B6C3-61AA-42D7-BD39-BD559E69710C.jpeg
Not that it matters a whit, I keep thinking-please let it be a stick & not a tiny animal bone :crazy2:

Sometimes I wish doctor would just give me the pill so I don’t have to work so hard! But the other part of me is glad I’m not on meds.
Oh that’s a good thing no RX. So many I know have it, mostly type 2
Hope doggies tummy is better today......lol......
So far, so good. Ur spicy chicken sounds good. Feeding the troops today, a few not fans of a little heat. Will just do a bit of rotisserie
Luckily took his portable shower as the ice was defrosting and by the time we were back to the car he was practically black!
Haha little scamp, look at that face
Hehe, my dogs did not pass gas very often, Keisha, but yeah, pretty smelly. Like as when they did, the me? look, or cow eyes like after darn dog ate a bag of chocolate kisses. Yep, best is to try to leave the room with dog not following you. Can of good smelling spray should be in that room, or take it out of the bathroom. LoL
Yea - headache went poof!
Haha yes, I was taken by surprise I’m onto them by now but, my Houseful of men always point at the pet

Last edited:
I’ll vote stick Keisha. Ick! Yeah, after working with those producing food for several years, i know more than I wanted to know, but I still buy produced food. Have not had any issues returning things to that store, so I am sure they’d give ya refund or a swap with fresh package.

Kids want steak for dinner, so salad, soup and warm bread I picked up from the bakery. Easy meal, and at least the rain that fell in the overnight, has only left some drops on the car and wet ground, and we had an overcast morning. Afternoon will be a quiet one. DH will be busy, and little one said a friend was picking her up for some friend time.

Which means older one and me for some hours. Eh, other than he wanting some snacks, will be both of us relaxing. Ahh, the weekend started for me already, and a bonus one. Woot!

Hope the Caspian cat does get his nail trim today, Charade. Yeah, smart cat. My one dog needed a pill for her allergies. Took two people to hold open her mouth to get her to swallow it. Found the pill too many times in the carpet. Other dogs, put it in peanut butter on a cracker or in a hot dog slice, gulp. No issue getting pills into them.

My cat is going to drive me insane. As you may recall from last time I was unable to get him to take his medication. Today I tried sprinkling the gabapentin in with some tuna. He licked the tuna a couple of times and then ignored it. Then I treid putting the capsule into a pill pocket. He bit into it, broke the capsule spilling the contents onto the floor, and ate the pill pocket. I eventually managed to get the spilled gabapentin into a couple of other pill pockets which the cat finally ate. I just hope I got enough into him to do some good.

Hope you got the cat sorted Charade....

I enjoy a little sweet Something with my morning cuppa that passes for breakfast most days. Family enjoys the brand of raisin cookies that Sam’s sells in bakery, almost as good as mine ;) Nearly choked today on the bonus ingredient.

Yes, that is my dogs nose checking things out. The little stinker got alarmed with the fuss. Same for the Manager at store when I called this am to suggest they pull that lot
View attachment 550278
View attachment 550279
Not that it matters a whit, I keep thinking-please let it be a stick & not a tiny animal bone :crazy2:

Oh that’s a good thing no RX. So many I know have it, mostly type 2

So far, so good. Ur spicy chicken sounds good. Feeding the troops today, a few not fans of a little heat. Will just do a bit of rotisserie

Haha little scamp, look at that face

Yea - headache went poof!
Haha yes, I was taken by surprise I’m onto them by now but, my Houseful of men always point at the pet

Ouch! Looks like part of the plant as opposed to bone thankfully......but hope they take it serious. Serious damage could have occurred if it had been a child eating that.......

Yes, dinner was lovely.....hot, spicy and sweet....perfect for me. They all enjoyed their fish and chips from the chippie....

Be nice to see everyone today and nothing better than a family feed.....have fun......

I’ll vote stick Keisha. Ick! Yeah, after working with those producing food for several years, i know more than I wanted to know, but I still buy produced food. Have not had any issues returning things to that store, so I am sure they’d give ya refund or a swap with fresh package.

Kids want steak for dinner, so salad, soup and warm bread I picked up from the bakery. Easy meal, and at least the rain that fell in the overnight, has only left some drops on the car and wet ground, and we had an overcast morning. Afternoon will be a quiet one. DH will be busy, and little one said a friend was picking her up for some friend time.

Which means older one and me for some hours. Eh, other than he wanting some snacks, will be both of us relaxing. Ahh, the weekend started for me already, and a bonus one. Woot!

Hope the Caspian cat does get his nail trim today, Charade. Yeah, smart cat. My one dog needed a pill for her allergies. Took two people to hold open her mouth to get her to swallow it. Found the pill too many times in the carpet. Other dogs, put it in peanut butter on a cracker or in a hot dog slice, gulp. No issue getting pills into them.

Dinner sounds good Lynne. I`ll bet you have a few good bakeries around where you live. We have one in our village and you have to get there early or your too late, everything goes quickly. Other towns close by have some nice bakeries too, but we have our preference.

Been a busy day today. Had a beautiful walk this morning on the beach, and I was glad of layers as it was freezing.

Tom got a call from our friend who is a pilot for VA who said he had heard our May flights will be cancelled. Well, I think we kind of guessed that already, but now we just wait for confirmation. That`s next May`s flights sorted then too when that happens......got to see the silver lining :thumbsup2

September isn`t too far away.......::yes:: worse things happen at sea........

Then had a lovely charcuterie lunch and rather reluctantly ordered the new book for the book group......lol.....the man I order them all from did actually laugh out loud when I told him it was The Idiot we were reading.......we do know him very well as we buy all our books from him but even so......:rotfl:

Dinner was so good.....everyone hates fresh ginger, it`s so funny seeing their faces as they were eating in the kitchen tonight as I cooked mine. I did tell them to go through to the dining room, but they stayed.

Planning to watch Blithe Spirit tonight, hope it doesn`t disappoint as I loved the original movie and wanted to see Angela Lansbury in the part when she was in London, but missed it. And that`s our Friday night.......

Made up a mango, strawberry and peach spritzer.........

Hope everyone`s friday is just marvellous........

Last edited:
Hehe, after 6pm, and just starting to hear a food cry for dinner. Yeah, the home vacation last weekend, and a bonus one to boot, is having meals later than our usual routine.

Off to light the grill.

And yeah,
7BDFA3C0-9DA5-4ACD-A567-1178520F1FE1.jpeg

My vote: Yep, this home is having that very chill night. Movement is not much, with throw over me. Quick dash to light grill, as cooler out there tonight.

May all the homies have a great sleep, and have some fun before bedtime.

Caspian decided to behave himself today, so he was able to get his nails trimmed. He can be such a pain for something so cute.

Tonight we took B back to the dorm. The residential students will quarantine for 10 days before they start classes. As of right now B doesn't have a roommate. I am really surprised since there is usually a waitlist to get into that dorm. Maybe one will get assigned to her before classes start.

Tom got a call from our friend who is a pilot for VA who said he had heard our May flights will be cancelled.
Well, that's a bummer. I was hoping we would have the chance to meet when I go to Disney. I am seriously considering a brief solo trip to Universal in September. I haven't mentioned this to dh yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter