Something About Nothing............ #14

Charade -they are waiting for you!
I got that email today. No, thank you. I think I'm the president of the chicken club.

Today was a long day trying to get caught up at work. Quick post for tonight.

Hope Schumi had a good travel day.

Can't live without my AC. I brought an extra fan to my mom's house. She has AC, but keeps the house too warm for me.

Congrats on the new laptop Lynne.

Had to look up street corn. Never had it.

Keisha, I have the rose gold iPad too.

Some really good news here. B got some money from some sort of Covid relief fund for college students. It was a nice amount. Some will go towards her room and board for fall and some will go into her checking account.

Will someone else please leave the light on?

Giraffe lights are always a favorite of mine

thanks lynne

I got a late start this evening for the Dis
Reading to catch up on what I have missed

my good news of the day was I got my car back this afternoon
Now I am happy
Only been 5 weeks and 6 days for it to get done
Generally I don’t post and say when Mr Mac is out of town as never know who all reads my posts

He was doing a group kayak ride from FL to middle GA the past week
I was stuck at home with him gone as my car was not ready
I did use a taxi service to get to my doctor appointments this last week
All I can say about that was UGH...
They were late coming and going by 90 minutes
Medical building is a short drive of 5-6 minutes and not walkable
Coming down off a winding ridge means no walking
One side are drop offs while other side are deep ditches
Not possible to walk the two miles so taxi was needed for me
I’m so glad Mr Mac is back home
Bet all have been asleep for hours now

I only panicked one time these past 8 days I was home alone
Was down to only 4 cans of cat food ...
No car and cats still expected for me to make cat food magically appear
Dumb cats.....lol

67A8DDCE-615D-4C44-A56A-FCD43087528F.jpeg

Yay, Mac is mobile now. Glad to hear not stir crazy after waiting for car to return. Guess a grocery store run today, cats need to be fed. LoL But as you have the car back, hope no cooking tonight, as it’s a Taco Tuesday, so car can take ya to the Taco Bell for dinner.

And ah yes, homies, a Taco Tuesday is here. And the heat wave continues. By the afternoon you too can feel like it’s 101 degrees out. Oh so muggy. And hehe, DH said house feels cool. Why yes it does. :-)

Another hehe, saw that Discovery ad for shark week. Two old ladies sitting on a bench. Talk and then a shark pops out of the ground in front of them. Oh, says the one, it’s shark week. Other lady said, you bet your *** it is. :laughing:

With that, a good morning homies, and a totally terrific Taco Tuesday to you. Have that taco or three, chicken, beef, shrimp or fish. Yum.

And yeah, that week day routine, tea for me, and that hunt for easy breakfast foods. And still up just before the sunrise. ☀️

Hehe, Paris my male lab knew where to sit by the table, as nothing dropped hit the floor. Had to get a thick sealing storage, as he was good at finding his dry food.

Hope good news at doctor’s visit Keisha. Yeah, I guess Fall travel is all the rage. Glad I also booked my airfare, got a bit back on that same, but now much higher in price, as our August flights too. They better not change my flights. Was absolutely annoying and loss of a day. Wish all was back to normal. Still quite salty about the price of my rentals. Hoping I get much lower rates before I need them.

At least local IT is a help. Hello new lap top.
Yay for new laptop!!

Never tried that corn it does look delish

Good luck! Haven’t done a thing. Was supposed to pull stuff to pack tomorrow. May do murder, stylist just cancelled on me as I was heading out the door. Now 9 am tomorrow, had to scramble to find an alternate to get GD off to practice

Ooh new laptop smell.

finally ordered my new iPad I was supposed to get at Xmas. Nice sale thru myexchange & no sales tax or shipping! Woot. Went girlie and got rose gold for it and keyboard case. Hopefully will show up before we leave. There shipping has always been at snails pace
Yay for new iPad too!

Street corn and steak w/Mexican rice was a huge success!!

Hope you get the hair and packing done today...

Yay for new iPad Keisha. Yeah, I too order from there. Sometimes not too long, other times, longer than expected, Guess it depends on where they send it from. Once in awhile we go over to Ft. Dix. Only place they have a uniform clothing store, as local exchange on my post is only a class 6 and little grocery and has a gift aisle.

Ah, hungry kids. Took a nap, as for some reason, did not sleep well last night. And could not blame it on my bed mate either. Though he will go to sleep early tonight. Was out there mowing the grass and removing a dead tree. Sweaty mess, shower and relaxing now. Made him chili with left overs burgers the other day. Do have new ground beef from grocery shopping yesterday. So request is once again burgers. Fine with me. Means DH will be the cook tonight. He likes grilling, so I’m like have at it. No need to heat up the kitchen. AC has been running most of the day. Hot one. No relief until Thursday. Heat wave is a 4 day one.

Hope Robo is enjoying some quiet time before some park fun. Wedding wishes to granddaughter that is on her honeymoon. Hope the weather was picture perfect for her Saturday wedding.

And so, while cook is getting grill ready, I am the prep cook, and the over seeing cook. Yeah, here’s the food to cook, and food is done, take them burgers off. As both he and older one like fried onions, cut up some green peppers and an onion, added a splash of oil, salt and pepper, and put in an aluminum bag I made, so he can grill them too. Little one wanted tomatoes grilled, so sliced them up and seasoned them too. Me, corn was on sale, so cooked them almost done, buttered and back in their jackets to be finished on thf top shelf of the grill. Actually, all eats them. Yay to a Summer meal.
Best summer meals are done on the grill!

I got that email today. No, thank you. I think I'm the president of the chicken club.

Today was a long day trying to get caught up at work. Quick post for tonight.

Hope Schumi had a good travel day.

Can't live without my AC. I brought an extra fan to my mom's house. She has AC, but keeps the house too warm for me.

Congrats on the new laptop Lynne.

Had to look up street corn. Never had it.

Keisha, I have the rose gold iPad too.

Some really good news here. B got some money from some sort of Covid relief fund for college students. It was a nice amount. Some will go towards her room and board for fall and some will go into her checking account.

Will someone else please leave the light on?
That's great for your DD! Every dollar helps!

Giraffe lights are always a favorite of mine

thanks lynne

I got a late start this evening for the Dis
Reading to catch up on what I have missed

Now I am happy
Only been 5 weeks and 6 days for it to get done
Generally I don’t post and say when Mr Mac is out of town as never know who all reads my posts

He was doing a group kayak ride from FL to middle GA the past week
I was stuck at home with him gone as my car was not ready
I did use a taxi service to get to my doctor appointments this last week
All I can say about that was UGH...
They were late coming and going by 90 minutes
Medical building is a short drive of 5-6 minutes and not walkable
Coming down off a winding ridge means no waking
One side are drop offs while other side are deep ditches
Not possible to walk the two miles so taxi was needed for me
I’m so glad Mr Mac is back home
Bet all have been asleep for hours now

I only panicked one time these past 8 days I was home alone
Was down to only 4 cans of cat food ...
No car and cats still expected for me to make cat food magically appear
Dumb cats.....lol
Yay for getting wheels back!!!
That must have been a long 8 days....glad your DH is home!

View attachment 585404

Yay, Mac is mobile now. Glad to hear not stir crazy after waiting for car to return. Guess a grocery store run today, cats need to be fed. LoL But as you have the car back, hope no cooking tonight, as it’s a Taco Tuesday, so car can take ya to the Taco Bell for dinner.

And ah yes, homies, a Taco Tuesday is here. And the heat wave continues. By the afternoon you too can feel like it’s 101 degrees out. Oh so muggy. And hehe, DH said house feels cool. Why yes it does. :-)

Another hehe, saw that Discovery ad for shark week. Two old ladies sitting on a bench. Talk and then a shark pops out of the ground in front of them. Oh, says the one, it’s shark week. Other lady said, you bet your *** it is. :laughing:

With that, a good morning homies, and a totally terrific Taco Tuesday to you. Have that taco or three, chicken, beef, shrimp or fish. Yum.

And yeah, that week day routine, tea for me, and that hunt for easy breakfast foods. And still up just before the sunrise. ☀
We will only get to 74 today, and I'm ok with that....Still amazing to see some of the scorching temps hanging around the US!

I was woken twice overnight by the rain.....it was raining soooooo hard! Our lawn is supposed to be mowed today, but I think the ground/grass is too wet for that. Our lawn guy skipped 2 weeks due to the excessive dry conditions, and now we've swung a total 180 with everything being thoroughly soaked!

The in-laws are coming for a visit and lunch today. Need to think of a few place we might go for lunch. I told family members to see DD as much as they can over the summer. She will be so busy in dental school, that time with her will be hard to come by....

I threw out a ton of old and mis matched tupperware yesterday. Found a replacement set at Costco, and now the whole cupboard is organized and easy to pair lids with containers. Love that feeling!!!

Good morning :coffee:

Hope everyone is doing fine on this taco Tuesday.

Got my first Covid jab yesterday and they weren't kidding about the sore arm side effects, ouch. Danielle and I went together with a friend and we all had it...I'll take a little soreness over that nasty stuff anyday. I have a friend who caught Covid several months ago and she's still not the same with the worst symptom being hair loss.

Glad you got your wheels back mac...now you can make that Taco Bell run.:car:

Sorry I missed saying bon voyage to Carole...hope you have a wonderful visit :goodvibes

I tried a new coffee flavor this morning, Bailey's Chocolate Cherry it was delicious...think I'll go get another cup.

Have a great day everyone :flower1:

Hi Tink, yay for getting vaccinated. My sore arm was only bad the first night after getting the shot at lunchtime. Second shot, just a little soreness where the needle went in. Stiff feeling arm for a few minutes too, but was nothing like the first shot reaction. And nice to find a new flavor of coffee. Hope all are doing well.

Parus, hope lunch place will be good today. Yeah, everyonce in awhile, I dump all my plastic containers and buy a new box of them. Yep, missing lids, and stained, even when scrubbing clean. I like using them. Those and we go through boxes of plastic bags. I like that a big box store has a bundle of different sizes.

Ah almost lunch. But have to wait. DH is on a video call, and I don’t want to be noisy, as he is using the desk in our family room, and is right next to the kitchen. Eh, will walk first, so won’t slam the door shut on my way out. And yeah, suntan lotion is now by the front door. Hair already tied up. Hat will be worn too. And a water bottle to carry. Now saying will feel like 105 degrees, as sun has been baking us more than thought earlier today. Hot? Why yes it is.

:wave2: Morning Everyone!!!!

I wanted to pop in here before I got to work on shuffling papers again. Enjoying my morning Tim's tea before it heats up again today. We hit 103F yesterday :scared1: For us northern Canadians...we want to melt. It certainly felt hot yesterday in our backyard. DH said it felt like Mexico in May hot ( we went to Mexico for dd wedding in May lol) except our humidity is lower than southern regions. It is supposed to hit between 105-110 today - so we will see how hot it really gets. It is record breaking hot for most of western Canada right now. You guys can have it back now lol. I love it...others...not so much lol. OH well...we can't control Mother Nature.

I see talk of HHN is starting...I'll be sitting with @Charade67 in the corner being the kid who is too scared!!!! lol.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

I’m not gonna talk about weather as it’s hot in Georgia a lot
Not this year but all others since we moved here, our first mow is late January
:rotfl: Most of here are NOT equipped to deal with this heat. We are more equipped to deal with - 40. IT's amazing how a community pulls together to help others who are having troubling dealing with the heat and checking in on more senior neighbors to make sure they are ok. I'm ok with the heat....others are not!!!

It seems that many Canadians are now asking Texans to take back their hot weather...the same as they wanted us to take back our cold weather lol.

Yeah, I heard our Pacific Northwest homes rarely have AC, and they are getting those three digit heat too, Pumpkin. Glad to hear people taking care of each other. Even here, City has issued a heat emergency, giving those that don’t have AC, places to hang out in AC. My poor AC has been running most of the day, so far. Lunchtime walk was toasty feeling for sure. Water bottle was tossed in trash, as entered the house.

And I guess my lunch will be late. He’s still yapping. Sigh. At least I will try to sneak a snack to hold me over.

Woot!!!
Yay for new iPad too!

Street corn and steak w/Mexican rice was a huge success!!

Hope you get the hair and packing done today...
Everything ckd off except packing. I did print out my packing list if that counts

wanted mostly low lights today for some dimension. Gal talked me into demi ones JIK they’d be too heavy or dark. Never heard of them, told they will Slowly fade away before next appt in 3 months. Can decide then for permanent version

Then, she whispers to me she’s moving out of state but hasn’t told the owner of salon yet. Booked me with another girl there

Ever since local JCPENNEY salon closed, every time I think I’ve found a new home; something goes awry:confused3

The in-laws are coming for a visit and lunch today. Need to think of a few place we might go for lunch. I told family members to see DD as much as they can over the summer. She will be so busy in dental school, that time with her will be hard to come by....
Sounds like fun!
have a friend who caught Covid several months ago and she's still not the same with the worst symptom being hair loss.
WhaaaaaAat??? Never heard that one, poor gal. Congrats on getting that shot!
tried a new coffee flavor this morning, Bailey's Chocolate Cherry it was delicious...think I'll go get another cup.
Kcup? I’m drooling
heats up again today. We hit 103F yesterday
Now, that is HOT for anywhere let alone in the far north. Was going to whine it’s 93 here

Pampered blonde Keisha. Yay, for those highlights.

So, hello air fryer for dinner, as no taco place close enough for us, and we learned, does not travel well. Thus, with hungry kids, chicken fingers, breaded by me, and while they were cooking in the air fryer, was making mac and cheese. Little one wanted fries with melted cheese on them. Okay then, and what? Oven was lit, in it, fries and tater tots. And so, a sliced up giant tomato, as thought needed a veggie, as was lots of carbs. Wow am I full. And not too bad feeling warm kitchen. And those stinkers. Ice cream sandwiches gone, but some mint chocolate chip in a small bucket still left. Room enough for that, with my tea. Perfect pairing for a bit of dessert.

And ooh, today was hotter then yesterday, and tomorrow will be even hotter than today. Little one wore her bathing suit under her clothes. Hope she got some swimming in, or at least wet to be cooler. Came home and took a shower. Hehe, she takes a large water container to drink out of. She drank it all, and filled it up a little, as was still thirsty. Ack, she did not like the taste of the camp’s water. Yeah, we have very good tasting local water. Why we buy water bottles in Florida. Yuck, when you can taste whatever is in that water.

Ooh camel, you’d better find a pool or somewhere cool tomorrow. Heat wave to end on Thursday. Yeah, then high will be 88 degrees. Much cooler. Not! :crazy2:

And thus ends the fun read of food and weather. Have a good night sleep.

Good evening everyone. I think I am almost caught up at work. I just need to work on the final billing for the two therapists who are leaving the office.

After work dh and I went to a few flooring companies to chose new flooring for our house. We hope to repaint and floor this summer. So many choices though. We brought some samples home to compare.

Yay! I know you must be happy.

Got my first Covid jab yesterday
Congrats.

Ah almost lunch. But have to wait. DH is on a video call, and I don’t want to be noisy, as he is using the desk in our family room, and is right next to the kitchen.
That's a very familiar scenario in my house.

We hit 103F yesterday
Yikes! You are about 10 degrees hotter than us.

I see talk of HHN is starting...I'll be sitting with @Charade67 in the corner being the kid who is too scared!!!! lol.
Oh no. Not in the corner. We will be at the pool with nachos and your drink of choice.

Then, she whispers to me she’s moving out of state but hasn’t told the owner of salon yet. Booked me with another girl there
Sorry you are losing your stylist. Hope the new one is just as good.

Can't find anything on TV tonight, so we are continuing our binge watch of The Muppet Show.

7764A538-63AE-4F7D-9A1F-6600A65C35A4.jpeg

Ah camel found the pool. It’s a good thing. This Wednesday will be a corker. 98 the high temp, and will feel like 105 with that very humid air. And best chance of seeing those spectacular Summer thunderstorms late in the day. Though weather lady said will be spotty, and later in the evening if we do see any rain in the area.

As such, this last day of June, get over this hump of a day, and wheee, Friday will be here with two more sleeps.

I hope Schumi has nice weather and enjoying her visits with family. And enjoying the food there too.

Hoping Keisha is feeling good with her foot, and having some pool time too.

Yay, I hope Mac got out yesterday, enjoying driving her car again. And had dinner out.

And so, with the AC running, up before that bright sunrise. Routine week day for me, regardless of whether it’s hotter than most, a Wednesday, or the last day of June. But there is a little pep in my step. That Friday feeling will be a lazy one. Yay for a bonus XXL weekend coming up. A good way to say hello to July. And what do ya know. The next 3 days show to be rainy ones. Yeah July, below average temps and rainy days is not the way to start the month. But that’s okay, Sunday is predicted to be 81 and mostly sunny. Absolutely perfect weather for family cookout fun. And my sister is making sure she has enough fuel for her pool heater. Woot! Family Party Holiday Sunday. ::yes::

And so, with a raise of my tea cup (mostly finishing the tea in it) have that most wonderful Wednesday and enjoy this last day of June. And stay hydrated. Like me, off to get more tea. 😊

Last edited:
I’ve heard of finding alligators in your pool, never a camel :rotfl:

Wicked series of storms will be rolling thru here starting early this afternoon. Happy to see our temps will drop 20+ degrees for a few days, has been oppressive. Least the wind direction won’t be prone to tornados developing.

Not thrilled at prospect of driving thru heavy rain to take kiddo to gymnastics as the only way there, a 2-lane road that runs thru a mountain valley & adjacent to a stream, is notorious for overflowing it’s banks. I have a seriously degree of respect for floods of all sorts being not too far from Johnstown, PA. RIP to all those lost souls, along with those from Surfside, FL, too while I’m thinking of it.:sad2:

System is supposed to stall over us for a few days (before we shoo it east to Lynne:duck: ) figure we will see both flash & general flooding. May just hunker down in our home up on the ridge :scratchin

Who has plans for the 4th? popcorn::

FW & carnival were cancelled long ago due to covid concerns in our little town. Luckily, nearby communities still have their FW & parades in place. In our typical absence, my youngest hosts his siblings & buds, more of an adult party vibe I’m guessing lol

Hi Tink, yay for getting vaccinated. My sore arm was only bad the first night after getting the shot at lunchtime. Second shot, just a little soreness where the needle went in. Stiff feeling arm for a few minutes too, but was nothing like the first shot reaction. And nice to find a new flavor of coffee. Hope all are doing well.

Parus, hope lunch place will be good today. Yeah, everyonce in awhile, I dump all my plastic containers and buy a new box of them. Yep, missing lids, and stained, even when scrubbing clean. I like using them. Those and we go through boxes of plastic bags. I like that a big box store has a bundle of different sizes.

Ah almost lunch. But have to wait. DH is on a video call, and I don’t want to be noisy, as he is using the desk in our family room, and is right next to the kitchen. Eh, will walk first, so won’t slam the door shut on my way out. And yeah, suntan lotion is now by the front door. Hair already tied up. Hat will be worn too. And a water bottle to carry. Now saying will feel like 105 degrees, as sun has been baking us more than thought earlier today. Hot? Why yes it is.
I got out voted....lunch was at Wahlburgers. Had the open faced sloppy joe sandwich, and it was quite good!
I was in the mood for pizza. Another time.

:wave2: Morning Everyone!!!!

I wanted to pop in here before I got to work on shuffling papers again. Enjoying my morning Tim's tea before it heats up again today. We hit 103F yesterday :scared1: For us northern Canadians...we want to melt. It certainly felt hot yesterday in our backyard. DH said it felt like Mexico in May hot ( we went to Mexico for dd wedding in May lol) except our humidity is lower than southern regions. It is supposed to hit between 105-110 today - so we will see how hot it really gets. It is record breaking hot for most of western Canada right now. You guys can have it back now lol. I love it...others...not so much lol. OH well...we can't control Mother Nature.

Have a great day everyone!!!!
103!!!! We haven't seen that high in over 25 years for sure. Stay cool!!

:rotfl: Most of here are NOT equipped to deal with this heat. We are more equipped to deal with - 40. IT's amazing how a community pulls together to help others who are having troubling dealing with the heat and checking in on more senior neighbors to make sure they are ok. I'm ok with the heat....others are not!!!

It seems that many Canadians are now asking Texans to take back their hot weather...the same as they wanted us to take back our cold weather lol.
Love to hear people come together in times of need!!! :flower3:

Woot!!!

Everything ckd off except packing. I did print out my packing list if that counts

wanted mostly low lights today for some dimension. Gal talked me into demi ones JIK they’d be too heavy or dark. Never heard of them, told they will Slowly fade away before next appt in 3 months. Can decide then for permanent version

Ever since local JCPENNEY salon closed, every time I think I’ve found a new home; something goes awry:confused3

Sounds like fun!

WhaaaaaAat??? Never heard that one, poor gal. Congrats on getting that shot!

Kcup? I’m drooling

Now, that is HOT for anywhere let alone in the far north. Was going to whine it’s 93 here
It stinks when a trusted stylist moves on....hopefully she put you with a good replacement!

Pampered blonde Keisha. Yay, for those highlights.

So, hello air fryer for dinner, as no taco place close enough for us, and we learned, does not travel well. Thus, with hungry kids, chicken fingers, breaded by me, and while they were cooking in the air fryer, was making mac and cheese. Little one wanted fries with melted cheese on them. Okay then, and what? Oven was lit, in it, fries and tater tots. And so, a sliced up giant tomato, as thought needed a veggie, as was lots of carbs. Wow am I full. And not too bad feeling warm kitchen. And those stinkers. Ice cream sandwiches gone, but some mint chocolate chip in a small bucket still left. Room enough for that, with my tea. Perfect pairing for a bit of dessert.

And ooh, today was hotter then yesterday, and tomorrow will be even hotter than today. Little one wore her bathing suit under her clothes. Hope she got some swimming in, or at least wet to be cooler. Came home and took a shower. Hehe, she takes a large water container to drink out of. She drank it all, and filled it up a little, as was still thirsty. Ack, she did not like the taste of the camp’s water. Yeah, we have very good tasting local water. Why we buy water bottles in Florida. Yuck, when you can taste whatever is in that water.

Ooh camel, you’d better find a pool or somewhere cool tomorrow. Heat wave to end on Thursday. Yeah, then high will be 88 degrees. Much cooler. Not! :crazy2:

And thus ends the fun read of food and weather. Have a good night sleep.
Working outside in those temps can be extreme. Hope your DD gets some well deserved breaks and AC during her shift!

Good evening everyone. I think I am almost caught up at work. I just need to work on the final billing for the two therapists who are leaving the office.

After work dh and I went to a few flooring companies to chose new flooring for our house. We hope to repaint and floor this summer. So many choices though. We brought some samples home to compare.

Yay! I know you must be happy.

Congrats.

That's a very familiar scenario in my house.

Yikes! You are about 10 degrees hotter than us.

Oh no. Not in the corner. We will be at the pool with nachos and your drink of choice.

Sorry you are losing your stylist. Hope the new one is just as good.

Can't find anything on TV tonight, so we are continuing our binge watch of The Muppet Show.
DH and I never seem to agree on color/pattern choices when doing a home project. Hope yours goes smoothly!

View attachment 585640

Ah camel found the pool. It’s a good thing. This Wednesday will be a corker. 98 the high temp, and will feel like 105 with that very humid air. And best chance of seeing those spectacular Summer thunderstorms late in the day. Though weather lady said will be spotty, and later in the evening if we do see any rain in the area.

As such, this last day of June, get over this hump of a day, and wheee, Friday will be here with two more sleeps.

I hope Schumi has nice weather and enjoying her visits with family. And enjoying the food there too.

Hoping Keisha is feeling good with her foot, and having some pool time too.

Yay, I hope Mac got out yesterday, enjoying driving her car again. And had dinner out.

And so, with the AC running, up before that bright sunrise. Routine week day for me, regardless of whether it’s hotter than most, a Wednesday, or the last day of June. But there is a little pep in my step. That Friday feeling will be a lazy one. Yay for a bonus XXL weekend coming up. A good way to say hello to July. And what do ya know. The next 3 days show to be rainy ones. Yeah July, below average temps and rainy days is not the way to start the month. But that’s okay, Sunday is predicted to be 81 and mostly sunny. Absolutely perfect weather for family cookout fun. And my sister is making sure she has enough fuel for her pool heater. Woot! Family Party Holiday Sunday. ::yes::

And so, with a raise of my tea cup (mostly finishing the tea in it) have that most wonderful Wednesday and enjoy this last day of June. And stay hydrated. Like me, off to get more tea. 😊
That camel!!! Hee Hee!

I’ve heard of finding alligators in your pool, never a camel :rotfl:

Wicked series of storms will be rolling thru here starting early this afternoon. Happy to see our temps will drop 20+ degrees for a few days, has been oppressive. Least the wind direction won’t be prone to tornados developing.

Not thrilled at prospect of driving thru heavy rain to take kiddo to gymnastics as the only way there, a 2-lane road that runs thru a mountain valley & adjacent to a stream, is notorious for overflowing it’s banks. I have a seriously degree of respect for floods of all sorts being not too far from Johnstown, PA. RIP to all those lost souls, along with those from Surfside, FL, too while I’m thinking of it.:sad2:

System is supposed to stall over us for a few days (before we shoo it east to Lynne:duck: ) figure we will see both flash & general flooding. May just hunker down in our home up on the ridge :scratchin

Who has plans for the 4th? popcorn::

FW & carnival were cancelled long ago due to covid concerns in our little town. Luckily, nearby communities still have their FW & parades in place. In our typical absence, my youngest hosts his siblings & buds, more of an adult party vibe I’m guessing lol
Driving in heavy rain is no fun.....safe travels with your precious cargo...

Planning on going to our lake house Friday-Sunday for the 4th. DD is inviting a couple friends to stop in. My parents may drop by too. In-laws have other plans with their group.
After all the recent rain, looks like we will have a sunny 4th, with temps in the high 80s. I'll take it!!

Our little guy Barney has a grooming appointment today. While he is having his beauty treatment, I will shop for supplies for our weekend at our lake house. One of DDs friends has a gluten and dairy allergy, so I'm grabbing a few things she can have.
We will likely 'picnic' on the boat for lunch and then grill out for supper each day.

Tonight is leftovers, and tomorrow supper is probably pizza. Super easy, I like that!

A hump day impersonator, lol!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter