Something About Nothing............ #14

We had summer reading lists - lists of nooks we were required to read before the school year started. Lots of “classics”. Most of which I hated.

Oh that`s understandable if you didn`t enjoy them. I love most genre`s, including the classics.

I am catching up on the sans before I go to bed.

Saw Schumi’s post she eats eggs maybe twice a year…

Well not to out do her but I eat two fried eggs about 5 days each week with mayo on them.

But some times I just eat the whites and not the yoke.

Tonight sent Mr Mac to the Choo Choo for ribs
damn good food….

Trying to figure out dates for my September trip
Been trying to find the thread of a month back on UO hotel rates some have mentioned.

Need to avoid paying $500 plus tax per night again
that add on rooms set me back over $1000 plus tax

Last year when park was closed due to the weather, was able to add more nights on to my room
With flight cancellations ( weather related) ended up costing me $500 plus tax a night to extend my stay

It was a bust of a trip and hope I never have to deal with it again this year

I was freaking it out trying to reschedule flights for back home when park announcements said parks closing that day and would also stay close until that Friday

I hope to avoid that this september
Surely no weather issues this year.

I owe Lynne food/drink this year when I see her as she worked with Delta to get me on a Delta flight once they reopened for flying home

hope all have sweet dreams!
and no lousy weather tomorrow
No rain for us but watching tonight’s news, storms will happen south of my area.

I hope to get a room reserved within the coming days that are not $700 a night

lol.....no I didn`t think you were trying to "out do" me at all......that`s not your style.......🍳

If I eat eggs, it`s usually poached for eggs benedict.......fried eggs with mayo????? I`ve never heard that before!!! Tom loves boiled eggs, let go cold and mixed with mayo and pepper on a sandwich, always white bread for that sandwich.

Glad you enjoyed the Choo Choo.......always sounds so good!!

And yes, hope you get your room sorted for your trip.

We went to bed so early for a Saturday night last night!!! We were yawning our heads off by 10pm, so off to bed we trotted soon after. We did put the tv on and I read a bit before I dropped off and slept solidly till 7.....wow that is a late sleep for me!! But, hey as always.....not a competition!!!

Plan to have an egg for breakfast.....yep, breaking the habit of a lifetime and eating eggs two days in a row. Tom will fry it for me, he cooks eggs so good and will have it on a slice of toast.

Then as it`s such a lovely morning, we`ll head out for a walk along the seafront, then head out shopping for some fresh produce and then an afternoon of catching up with friends and hopefully one of my cousins on LI. Ideal Sunday afternoon,of course if one of my friends drops in, that`ll be the calls out the window.

Doing a rib roast for dinner tonight, will roast it low and slow and served rare. Tom is going to make Yorkshire Puddings for a change, and a load of roast vegand a red wine gravy.

i-qBTNS4Z-S.gif

cv20-S.jpg

cv129%20%282%29-S.jpg

Happy Sunday!!!​

Ooh I am hoping that since the bbq place we very much liked near the further away outlets closed for good, saw another bbq that is closer to those outlets, is as delicious. Told little one, maybe a road trip today, as with a Monday lazy day, thought this Sunday would be a good day to do that. Given I think she was still up in the wee hours, I guess it will be a later, lunchtime start. Although the cloudy cover remains today, we are back to the 50’s degrees this afternoon. Hence, a dry, and warmer day for such a road trip.

And so, a super relaxing Sunday wish to all.

Finally, Mac, I hope you find a lower rate for your stay. Last year, not much after I got back, I booked a great save more rate. Since then, I have never seen it that low. I guess I got very lucky. But will keep looking, as AP rates were released for September, though for my two week stay, could not see any AP rates, and the save more rates now, are double what I am paying. But there is hope. I was not going to travel at the end of January, until I snagged a great AP rate. That was luck, as i thought I may change days, that rate was never seen again, so we stuck with the days we had snagged that AP rate for. And it was like 3 weeks before we left, I got that rate. So Mac, hoping you get lucky one of these days too.

Need to avoid paying $500 plus tax per night again
I priced it out, all pretax rates below:

@ RP 7 night stay, start dates 9/13 to 9/25 @ rack7 nights coming in starting 9/13 (& and same for initial dates up to 9/25 @ RP) =$414 standard, $444 water view.

@ PBH 7 nights found a great rate of rack starting 9/13 Bay view $358 ($2,510)

the days of under $300 @ a deluxe during HHN are RIP
Tom loves boiled eggs, let go cold and mixed with mayo and pepper on a sandwich, always white bread for that sandwich.
sounds like my Egg salad…tossing in some finely chopped celery & green onion

mac - I’m going with mayo on a fried egg is southern thing? Personally, won’t eat a fried, scrambled or omelet (prefer no yolk there) without catsup or salsa
Doing a rib roast for dinner tonight,
Oh yum. I’m having kids here, decided upon a chicken stir fry. potstickers (bought different frozen brand of chicken this time, no idea how they will turn out) & udon noodles/fried/white rice. glad I can precook the rice.

GD here overnight due to holiday tomorrow, looking forward to that.
saw another bbq that is closer to those outlets, is as delicious.
I’m so picky re BBQ. IMO it’s shameful the stuff most places put out In the north and call BBQ. :crazy2:

In the south, it’s 2nd nature. Have never really had bad plate there, other than chain restaurants. best around here is the various pop up food truck places. It’s gotten to the point I just make my own, easy enough to toss ribs in crockpot then finish off on grill although I do wish there was a reliable place nearby.

AEFA1186-0074-4FCE-9018-CD86432B4D2C.jpeg

Keisha, hehe, my rate is $265 a night, with $359 for last night, for Royal, 17 to 30 September. Yeah, I love a good bbq. Only one I like is one is at a VFW post near us, and used to enjoy the one I said, but I guess they couldn’t make a go of it. Though I think it was a local favorite, as I think family owned. The VFW kitchen has the best ketchup, as I think they make it. Their mac and cheese and corn bread is one of our favorites too. Yeah, I should move South, just for bbq places found everywhere.

Eh, neither kid is up yet, though I think older one works today, so I should see him shortly. Will give a holler to little one, once older one gets ready to leave.

Rib roast is on your dinner menu tonight?
Save a slice for me as might be a bit late

Do you have mayo or do I need to bring my own?

lol.....mayo on rib roast?????????? Sacrilege!!!!! :duck:

Red wine gravy goes much better, you`d like it, all my own making. Although Tom has his in an individual gravy boat then barely touches it as he thinks good meat doesn`t need anything added.....I do like a bit of gravy!!

I priced it out, all pretax rates below:

@ RP 7 night stay, start dates 9/13 to 9/25 @ rack7 nights coming in starting 9/13 (& and same for initial dates up to 9/25 @ RP) =$414 standard, $444 water view.

@ PBH 7 nights found a great rate of rack starting 9/13 Bay view $358 ($2,510)

the days of under $300 @ a deluxe during HHN are RIP

sounds like my Egg salad…tossing in some finely chopped celery & green onion

mac - I’m going with mayo on a fried egg is southern thing? Personally, won’t eat a fried, scrambled or omelet (prefer no yolk there) without catsup or salsa

Oh yum. I’m having kids here, decided upon a chicken stir fry. potstickers (bought different frozen brand of chicken this time, no idea how they will turn out) & udon noodles/fried/white rice. glad I can precook the rice.

GD here overnight due to holiday tomorrow, looking forward to that.

I’m so picky re BBQ. IMO it’s shameful the stuff most places put out In the north and call BBQ. :crazy2:

In the south, it’s 2nd nature. Have never really had bad plate there, other than chain restaurants. best around here is the various pop up food truck places. It’s gotten to the point I just make my own, easy enough to toss ribs in crockpot then finish off on grill although I do wish there was a reliable place nearby.

View attachment 740848

It`s funny we call egg salad, an egg or two, halved on a plate surrounded by salad....lettuce and all the other salad ingredients.....same with if I served chicken or shrimp salad.....so when I first saw shrimp salad and how it came, it was different.....lovely, but not what I expected.

Bacon, fried egg and ketchup in a toasted roll.......bliss!!!

cv82-Th.png

When I could eat onions, I loved hard boiled eggs mashed up with butter, salt, cayenne pepper and salad cream with lots of red onion.....ice cold on white bread!!! Can you tell I`m hungry......lol.....

Yep, in our NY trips everyone told us not to eat BBQ so far North.....it`s just not good, and I never did try it except once....and wish I`d listened. I think even Ruth mentioned it recently about BBQ up North. Yes, it`s so easy and so much better to make your own.

I am so hungry!!! The smell of the beef is gorgeous!!!

Enjoy your family dinner tonight, it all sounds lovely!! We do enjoy stir fry.....although if anyone puts brocolli in a stir fry......bleurgh!!! Or even worse......green beans!!! :duck:

Gorgeous morning here, not such a nice afternoon in the end......wind has got up and feels a little colder, but we`re due some unseasonally warmer weather for February coming up this week. I hope!!

Did enjoy a shorter walk than usual this morning, beach was busy with folks, well, not busy, but it`s Sunday so more folks pop down at the weekends.

Schools are back after half term tomorrow, so I`ll pop in and do some reading in the morning then see what the rest of the day brings. Hopefully a walk at least.

Might have to go and nibble on something......too long till dinner!!

Keisha, hehe, my rate is $265 a night, with $359 for last night, for Royal, 17 to 30 September
That’s travel agent rate pricing, 35 - 40% off. wonder if you caught a glitch in the system as I saw nothing at all in that area when i priced the same time. :confused3 Regardless, enjoy!
Enjoy your family dinner tonight, it all sounds lovely!! We do enjoy stir fry.....although if anyone puts brocolli in a stir fry......bleurgh!!! Or even worse......green beans!!!
Oh, heck, I’m at the point where I tend to skip the protein and go for veggies, especially the Broccoli. Love me some green beans, just not mixed together in a stir fry with other stuffs.

I don’t know if it was a glitch or not, Keisha but I looked at my reservation, doesn’t say TA rate at all, but does say Be a Savy traveler rate. But with 13 nights, I would hope I got that great rate as booked in April, 2022, yes, last year. That was because I was so mad by the time I booked last year for last year’s September stay, I couldn’t swallow the high rates of the deluxe, and at least got a good priced save more rate at SF, and snagged a AP rate, for just a little less per night, for the starting 3 nights, as had decided even the mouse rate was too much for POP. I hope you find some good rates for your Fall stay soon.

Sigh, older one has been gone over an hour ago. I asked little one to get ready over 45 minutes ago. I guess I need to do that mom holler again. At least the cloudy said in local weather news, is not exactly for where I am. Nice and sunny right now. Break out those shades. Woot!

That’s travel agent rate pricing, 35 - 40% off. wonder if you caught a glitch in the system as I saw nothing at all in that area when i priced the same time. :confused3 Regardless, enjoy!

Oh, heck, I’m at the point where I tend to skip the protein and go for veggies, especially the Broccoli. Love me some green beans, just not mixed together in a stir fry with other stuffs.

I need this tee......

Although I have no idea why this character has a pencil up his nose!!!!

il_570xN.3389939212_2stz.jpg

:rotfl:
Our local Thai restaurant uses green beans in every curry, some have brocolli, so I always omit them from the dishes when we order.

I`m steaming brocolli for Tom, cauliflower for me and carrots with baby corn for both of us....Tom will only eat cauliflower if it`s baked in cheese sauce, I just love cauliflower any way!

I may have nibbled on the beef.......:rolleyes1

Will get Tom to make the Yorkshire Puddings soon, he is better than me at making them properly, we make a good team!!

I hope you find some good rates for your Fall stay soon.
I’d be happy with decent at this point lol.

Looks like being very early you caught the worm. I didn’t price sept 2023 out till late sept last year, when same ballpark as now

Still, it’s in that max TA price range. I’m thinking a pricing fluke. If they were going to rescind it as an error, assume like Disney, they’d have caught it and notified in weeks that they wouldn’t honor it. Long as you have a printed res in hand, I’d run with it.

Carole u just haven’t had the right green or baked beans :p My version of the latter, so thick u could stick a spoon in it upright & it would hold

I’d be happy with decent at this point lol.

Looks like being very early you caught the worm. I didn’t price sept 2023 out till late sept last year, when same ballpark as now

Still, it’s in that max TA price range. I’m thinking a pricing fluke. If they were going to rescind it as an error, assume like Disney, they’d have caught it and notified in weeks that they wouldn’t honor it. Long as you have a printed res in hand, I’d run with it.

Carole u just haven’t had the right green or baked beans :p My version of the latter, so thick u could stick a spoon in it upright & it would hold

lol……beans, any kind……no. Just no…….and thick…….even bigger no :rotfl:

I wish I did like them…….🤢

Such a quiet night again! Definitely feel like everyone is still hibernating. Although we did get invited out for dinner last night with a group of friends……we did say no and now we’re being called anti social! We’re out next Saturday night for dinner though.

We enjoyed the rib roast, Tom’s Yorkshires were lovely and we finished the lot, it was quite a small rib roast though.

I have been soaking diced beef in Ale and herbs all day, will cook it overnight in the slow cooker, I’ll add my beef stock before we go to bed and let it go slow all night. Dinner tomorrow night is beef again……..nice!

High winds forecast through the night and through the morning, so no walk along the seafront for us. I do need to go get some baking ingredients, will bake Tuesday and give them to Kyle to take into his office Wednesday ……good old Scottish Petticoat Tails shortbread……..buttery and divine! We have an appointment there on Thursday, and I always take goodies in for them.

Had a load of 70’s music on tonight, some songs we hadn’t heard for years!

But, once again, not long till bedtime for us……..

Well, seeing the little one here got the mr a-thinking…

he insisted I book SWA on points for the way down in July when he noticed the flights were skyrocketing. Usually pays no attention to travel plans, was funny to see the horrified look on his face. Can always cancel that way, no harm, no foul & book another airline if the price is right.

Still walking back home at this point :rolleyes1

Good evening. I spent a good portion of today trying to work ahead. I just finished my assignments for week 6. Next I will jump to week 8 since it is the last week with a coding assignment. For week 7 I have a paper to write.

Dh has been entertaining me with student stories. I swear he should write a book. He has a student who is taking his class for the second time. I think she dropped it the first time. She got behind on her assignments very early in the semester. She was given a warning and got caught up. The new problem is that she hasn't turned in anymore assignments after that. It has been 21 days, so the school automatically assigned her a grade of failure for non participation. She's appealing the grade. Now get this, she told dh that she has all of her assignments saved on her computer. On her appeal she said that he told her that she didn't have to submit them. (He did NOT tell her that.) Now in what reality can you get credit for assignments that you complete but don't submit for grading???? I wonder how some of these kids even got into college.

I was working on a coding assignment tonight. The patient registration form says she was admitted on 1/15/15 at 7:07 and was discharged on 12/15/14 at 11:48. So now we are dealing with time travelers?? I have no code for that. 😄

I was looking at prices for the time I will be there and it looks like the top 3 hotels only have suites available. I hope you find something more reasonable.

Oh that`s understandable if you didn`t enjoy them. I love most genre`s, including the classics.
I probably would have enjoyed them more if I hadn't been forced to read them over summer vacation and then had to write papers during the school year.

I’m going with mayo on a fried egg is southern thing?
I have lived almost my entire life in the south and never had mayo on an egg.

In the south, it’s 2nd nature.

I should move South, just for bbq places found everywhere.
Even in the south you have to be careful. BBQ is so regional. I don't care for eastern NC BBQ (vinegar based) and SC BBQ (mustard based).
Bacon, fried egg and ketchup in a toasted roll.......bliss!!!

You lost me at ketchup.
he insisted I book SWA on points for the way down in July when he noticed the flights were skyrocketing. Usually pays no attention to travel plans, was funny to see the horrified look on his face. Can always cancel that way, no harm, no foul & book another airline if the price is right.

Still walking back home at this point
I am worried that fight rates aren't going to get any better. I used up almost all of my flight miles to get me and B to California in June.

I really wish I could get away somewhere for spring break. Maybe we can so some sort of staycation.

Last edited:
Good Monday Morning Sans family

A39F8C15-36F3-4179-8A1D-B7470E230234.jpeg

0D59FC0F-76E9-480A-AFBA-7493C58C605D.jpeg

FB4B3A80-EE3E-46CA-ACE0-E69BA4E7DCD7.jpeg

Robo, hope your CT scan goes well, and have fun shopping at the farmer’s market. How nice to have nephew visiting this Thursday. My anniversary started the month off. I wanted in February, so we didn’t want to get too close to today, thus, we choose the 1st, which was a Friday.
I see Doc this week so will get results of CT. I do enjoy the Farmers Markets here. Happy belated Anniversary to you and your hubby.
E6AB984F-446E-430D-972B-72F2A377B0F4.gif

Love the memes Robbie....
Thank You. I always enjoy the ones you post.

How lovely your nephew is coming to visit, you`ll all enjoy that time together, and yes, I understand that feeding instinct......Kyle is a runner and has very lean frame....I always want to feed him up.......he rolls his eyes with a smile a lot at me......:)
Our Nephew never seems to gain any weight.…I wish I had that luck…LOL

Enjoy that farmers market, they are wonderful and we are blessed with many of them around these parts......honestly if it wasn`t for aluminium foil and a few other products we`d never venture into a grocery store. Hope the CT scan goes well........and as always continued good wishes for your son.
Sounds wonderful that you have so many nice choices to buy fresh produce and eggs nearby.

Well..... Tom bought me some flowers and a bottle of bubbly for Valentine`s Day.....the flowers are lovely......and we`ll enjoy the bubbly later....
What a thoughtful husband.

have been tied up with trying to settle my Mom’s estate. No idea there were so many moving parts there even with A simple one.
I hope all goes smoothly with settling your moms estate.

While I’m at it, pics from our ‘anniversary’ meal at the boathouse last week, yummo.
Wow….Looks like a delicious meal.

Happy belated anniversary to Robo and her hubby.
Thank you Charade.

I just checked the hotel AP site and see AP rates for September already. If I go from 9/17 to 9/22 instead of 9/16 to 9/23 I can get Aventura for only $113 per night. I thought there was a way to modify your current reservation, bit I can't figure out how to do it.
I have always just called.

Wanted to share my youngest’s new ride, he wanted this specific model as the last year of the Camaro run. Ohio it was, even tho there is a bit of paper trail/hoops he needs to transverse to get it titled in PA. even tho it only had 1 mile on it, OH has no inspection system for vehicles. Need to get it handled in our state and titled here.
Congratulations to your son on his new wheels. Looks like a nice ride for sure.

We headed out for a walk this morning, but darn knee refused to play, so came home and did some organising. It
Sending prayers that your knee heals up quick.

The play on Friday that our niece was in was REALLY good. I was actually quite shocked at how great it was. She is very happy to have been part of the production of such a a bigger production. The experience she got from doing that....priceless.
Sounds like you have a Actress in the family.

Dh was going to go straight from work to theater rehearsal tonight, so I was prepared for a night home alone. I had changed into yoga pants and a t-shirt, and pulled my hair up into a messy bun when dh texted to tell me that his screenplay that he submitted to BEA (Broadcast Education Association) had won best in category.
Congratulations to your hubby.

He will be going to work at dh's company - starting as a refrigeration tech/electrical apprentice. It is time for him to move out of the job he has now. He can't live on 15 hrs of work/week. But the experience he gained as a first job is great, but it's time for him to move on.
Hope your son enjoys his new job. Wishing him great success.

KSC is the reason we will return to Florida vs California with our kids for a Disney/universal trip. The boys are stoked to see it - especially our youngest.
You all will love KSC. It has really grown and there is so much to see and do there.

Happy Anniversary!
Thank you.

I just discovered that Universal made a mistake on my updated reservation. They booked me a travel agent rate which is less than the current AP rate. I just got off the phone with customer service and had that corrected. Too bad I can't keep the travel agent rate. It was less than $100 per night.
I always wondered how that worked and how travel agents made their money when most people do not use a travel agent.

Spoke to my Goddaughter up in Manchester last night, she completes her second Law Degree this year.....it`s been a haul for her especially having baby Arabella in between. It`s nice she`s following in her mother`s footsteps, she has been working all this time for someone else, but like her mum plans to start her own firm up. We`re all so proud of her.
Wow…..she sounds like a very smart young lady. I know you all are very proud of her.

Oh you did get that survey too!! If they did that, I`d be done with Universal as a vacation spot.....not a single interest in making reservations like that......I might get to see some more States then.....so far only NY and Florida.
I seen something from Universal in my email. Going to go back and see what that is. Doesn’t sound good.

Been trying to find the thread of a month back on UO hotel rates some have mentioned.

I need to get mine settle too. I have a feeling nothing is going to change much.

It will be after midnight when I post this so Monday morning it will be.

Our nephew came in on Thursday afternoon so I have been busy making big meals for him to enjoy and I have had plenty left over to put meals together for him in the freezer to take home. He leaves tomorrow after lunch.

I had some of our neighbors over for dinner this evening. I made a German meal with Bratwurst, Sour Kraut, Potatoes, Gravy, steamed carrots and popovers. I made a Black Forest cake for dessert. Everyone had plenty to eat and we had fun playing cards afterward.

I baked some cookies for nephew to take home too.

Everyone is gone and dishes are in the dishwasher. So I decided to wind down a little and check the boards.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday doing whatever it is that makes you Happy.

Last edited:
Well, seeing the little one here got the mr a-thinking…

Still walking back home at this point :rolleyes1

lol.....I can imagine that look!!! You`ll get sorted.

Think I`ve mentioned before I wish we had those choices of changing flights and airlines, but apart from the fact we will only do a direct flight, 10 hours is enough, we do like VA and there aren`t a great deal of options from British Carriers.

How lovely you have an overnight with your GD........she`ll keep you young :)

Good evening. I spent a good portion of today trying to work ahead. I just finished my assignments for week 6. Next I will jump to week 8 since it is the last week with a coding assignment. For week 7 I have a paper to write.

Dh has been entertaining me with student stories. I swear he should write a book. He has a student who is taking his class for the second time. I think she dropped it the first time. She got behind on her assignments very early in the semester. She was given a warning and got caught up. The new problem is that she hasn't turned in anymore assignments after that. It has been 21 days, so the school automatically assigned her a grade of failure for non participation. She's appealing the grade. Now get this, she told dh that she has all of her assignments saved on her computer. On her appeal she said that he told her that she didn't have to submit them. (He did NOT tell her that.) Now in what reality can you get credit for assignments that you complete but don't submit for grading???? I wonder how some of these kids even got into college.

I was working on a coding assignment tonight. The patient registration form says she was admitted on 1/15/15 at 7:07 and was discharged on 12/15/14 at 11:48. So now we are dealing with time travelers?? I have no code for that. 😄

I was looking at prices for the time I will be there and it looks like the top 3 hotels only have suites available. I hope you find something more reasonable.

I probably would have enjoyed them more if I hadn't been forced to read them over summer vacation and then had to write papers during the school year.

I have lived almost my entire life in the south and never had mayo on an egg.

Even in the south you have to be careful. BBQ is so regional. I don't care for eastern NC BBQ (vinegar based) and SC BBQ (mustard based).

You lost me at ketchup.

I am worried that fight rates aren't going to get any better. I used up almost all of my flight miles to get me and B to California in June.

I really wish I could get away somewhere for spring break. Maybe we can so some sort of staycation.

I do wonder how some young folks manage anything today at times. But, then I see very capable kids and think, yep, there`s hope......

I`m not sure how that student thought she was going to get away with that.

Yes, ketchup on a bacon and egg roll is not for everyone, I didn`t eat it like that for years, then I ate Tom`s sandwich by mistake one day, I was hooked.

I do like the mustard based bbq too, actually haven`t met a bbq meal I haven`t liked in Florida!

Good Monday Morning Sans family

View attachment 741032

View attachment 741041

View attachment 741039

I see Doc this week so will get results of CT. I do enjoy the Farmers Markets here. Happy belated Anniversary to you and your hubby.
View attachment 741043

Thank You. I always enjoy the ones you post.

Our Nephew never seems to gain any weight.…I wish I had that luck…LOL

Sounds wonderful that you have so many nice choices to buy fresh produce and eggs nearby.

What a thoughtful husband.

I hope all goes smoothly with settling you moms estate.

Wow….Looks like a delicious meal.

Thank you Charade.

I have always just called.

Congratulations to your son on his new wheels. Looks like a nice ride for sure.

Sending prayers that your knee heals up quick.

Sounds like you have a Actress in the family.

Congratulations to your hubby.

Hope your son enjoys his new job. Wishing him great success.

You all will love KSC. It has really grown and there is so much to see and do there.

Thank you.

I always wondered how that worked and how travel agents made their money when most people do not use a travel agent.

Wow…..she sounds like a very smart young lady. I know you all are very proud of her.

I seen something from Universal in my email. Going to go back and see what that is. Doesn’t sound good.

I need to get mine settle too. I have a feeling nothing is going to change much.

It will be after midnight when I post this so Monday morning it will be.

Our nephew came in on Thursday afternoon so I have been busy making big meals for him to enjoy and I have had plenty left over to put meals together for him in the freezer to take home. He leaves tomorrow after lunch.

I had some of our neighbors over for dinner this evening. I made a German meal with Bratwurst, Sour Kraut, Potatoes, Gravy, steamed carrots and popovers. I made a Black Forest cake for dessert. Everyone had plenty to eat and we had fun playing cards afterward.

I baked some cookies for nephew to take home too.

Everyone is gone and dishes are in the dishwasher. So I decided to wind down a little and check the boards.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday doing whatever it is that makes you Happy.

We`re very lucky with wonderful produce around us, from farm and sea. The eggs we don`t have to buy as the farmer gives them to us, usually far too many, but it`s been going on for too long now that we can`t tell them we don`t really eat as many. We did try, but they didn`t listen. So I just bake a lot.....lol.....

Yes, I don`t know where Kyle got his metabolism but it`s not from me......lol.....but it`s a mother`s instinct to feed our kids when they look too thin. He isn`t, he`s incredibly healthy but as a runner you can imagine the frame he has now.

Glad you had a lovely visit with your nephew and he`ll be very pleased with food and cookies to take away!

Hope your son is doing ok, you too of course with your results and hope your daughter is doing well too, I often think of her. And all your family too.......:)

Well, the weather man was correct, it was wild and woolly during the night, but there`s something nice about falling asleep while the wind howls around us. This morning it`s gone to mid 20mph instead of in the high 40`s.

Popping into school to do the reading sessions, then some shopping, I do need to catch up on some emails and I still haven`t completely finished filling up the new closets and drawers, so might get round to finishing that job off.

Diced beef has been cooked overnight in the slow cooker, so just a case of thickening up the gravy tonight and doing the veg, another winter warming dish for us tonight.

Time for tea though......too early for breakfast just yet.

i-GznczxN-M.jpg

cv53-S.jpg

cv11-S.jpg

Guilty :rolleyes1

Have a wonderful Monday :flower3:

Marvelous Monday to all.

Robo, good to hear nephew visited, and nice to enjoy food and time with your neighbors, with which sounded like a wonderfully tasty meal. I hope good news from your CT scan results.

So sad, I went to see my cousin, yesterday, as she is in hospice care now. She was such a help when I needed it, and her son is the same age as me. I’m lucky, I have a very large and mostly close, extended family, as she is one of lots of my first cousins. So yeah, my mom had me, the same year her DH’s one niece and one nephew both had a kid. Yep, my dad was one of 9, who almost all had lots of kids, and he was second youngest. Ack, we are all getting older. But she is not that old, 78 years old. Sad week I’m thinking.

Back to those cloudy days. But not complaining, it’s going to be close to 60 degrees this afternoon. But a boo, now saying in our 7 day forecast, this coming Saturday we will see snow showers, and some cold rain. Not going to be much above freezing that day, as high is 37 degrees. Though have to say, lots of warm air before that shocking low temp to end the week. Eh, any time you see a 50’s and even a 66 degree day in this week’s forecast, and back to 50’s to start next week, I’m fine with this February’s weather.

Ooh, 28 days until the first day of Spring, and another boo, time change in 20 days. Time is indeed marching on, along with my state, and most of my country, extending the daylight time. Time manipulation, what a thought. Relativity at its finest.

Holiday lazy day. Woot!

Quiet on here today……….

Had a lovely day today…….weather was odd, blustery but Warm. I ended up spending the afternoon with one of my good friends at her home, enjoyed some nice chats and sorted the world out, as you do with friends :hyper2: Sitting in her garden room was lovely with the sun streaming in. I think the dogs slept the whole time and one of them, Poppy right on my feet. She does love to sit on folks feet.

Then tonight another friend popped in to see us for a couple of hours with one of my Goddaughters, always lovely to see them both.

But, bedtime now…….winds have died down but it’s unseasonably warm here right now…..we’ll pay for these high temps!

Another Monday over with……

Yay, starting this week day routine with a Taco Tuesday. Little woot. But a little ugh too, as yep, back to that shorter week day routine . And because it’s shorter, highly thinking with an even shorter week day routine, and have another three day weekend, as commuting day should be the end of my week day routine this week. That’s because my usual commute today, had to be changed to Thursday. But whatever. I’m just very glad my routine is now two commute days in every two weeks.

Always need reminding Mac, this Taco Tuesday is good day to enjoy that Taco Bell meal.

And we are in that rainy week. Yep, even a later evening grocery run last night, I was like, it’s raining. And so, a little rain fell, as was up that way too early hour, but now it’s just cloudy, with more rain to come. But it’s that amount that is the least. So far, that last night’s rain measured 0.15 inches. Saying today’s, we should end with about a half inch measurement. Thus, barely enough to soak much. But hey, even with rain, and those clouds hanging around, it’s a pair of 5’s the high temp. No jacket most likely on my lunchtime walk, and hoping no umbrella use. Won’t break out those shorts though, but I bet both my kids will be in shorts today. Will switch to my shorts on Thursday, as commuting on the warmest day this week. Yes, saying 68 degrees, with maybe even 70 degrees the high this Thursday. But as this week is giving us that gloriously warm day, it’s certainly saying winter is still here. Yes, snow showers, to see with 34 degrees now saying that is the high temp on. Saturday. Eh, we don’t need to go out much on the weekends. But at least any snowy thoughts will be melted away quick. Back into the 50’s on Sunday. Well, that’s my weather week, as predicted so far. Will be more accurate the day it happens.

Ooh, the dove is back in my tree next to my one window. Cooing for a time now. Like hearing it. And was thirsty for some reason. Hence tea sipping enough, may have to refill that tea kettle.

So back to that other screen, and hope all enjoy a 🌮 or two, and have a Terrific Taco Tuesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter