Someday is sooner than you think...a March 2011 PTR

:banana: ONE WEEK!!!!! :banana:

Glad you're feeling better. I don't know whether to wish for snow or not- if it gets you to Disney sooner then bring it on!

Get packing!

Hi all, sorry no time for individual replies.

Feeling better, sore throat is still lingering.
Now I'm panicking about weather!!! I keep checking the forecast - we may have to leave much earlier on Tuesday or even Monday evening to beat this big storm they're talking about!

On the bright side, I started piling up clothes to pack!!! DH is going to get the suitcases out tonight after work. I'm whittling down my list of things to do, but I keep adding stuff to it at the same time! :laughing: Crazy, but I don't care it will all be done when it needs to be done, right?

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY
I will be encountering dolphins in Nassau, the Bahamas! DH and I will be going to dine without kids at Palo!!!

How exciting! 4 weeks from today I will be getting ready for our 7PM show after a nice day at CC! :lmao: I hope you can get out and beat the storm. We have had rain all day and all of a sudden it turned to snow. A LOT of snow!

We were looking at the dolphin encounters on Blue Lagoon today. Did you book yours through Disney or just directly through BL?

We were looking at the dolphin encounters on Blue Lagoon today. Did you book yours through Disney or just directly through BL?

I looked at blue lagoon and tried to book directly through them and they won't allow Disney passangers to do so because they have a contract with Disney. It would've been a bit cheaper to go right through them, but I didn't want to lie about my origin, so I just looked a Disney then.

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY
I will have relaxed at Castaway Cay ALL DAY in the sun and surf!!! (It's kind of late now, so I'll probably be in bed)
I plan to enjoy some frothy cold drinks, maybe rent a bike, enjoy yummy food (as always) and RELAX!!!!

The weather is constantly changing it's plans for Tuesday and Wednesday. I think I'm going to take off Tuesday, or at least half a day and pull the kids out of school at lunch so we can get an earlier start. Looks like the storm heading in will come to MN later on Tuesday and we should have rain a lot of the way down. Yuck. So leaving earlier will help since we'll have to probably drive slower. Fingers crossed there is no MAJOR storm in our path!

I don't think I finished with our WDW plans did I? Thursday was MK, and we'll stay as late as we can and pack up our stuff. We have a breakfast ADR on Friday at Boma (YAY!!!) and will load up and start driving after that (Boo!). I would guess it will be around 9:30 before we hit the road.

I'm staying up late tonight. I have to go to the airport to pick up my parents and brother from FL at 11 (their flight was delayed 2 hours, or I'd be back home by now!) Hopefully tomorrow I can sleep in a bit. I want to get a pedicure. We still need to pull out the suitcases and start loading the piles of clothes that are all over our bedroom floors! I wanted to wait for the suitcases because the dog will start to panic as soon as he sees them. No need to start that too early.
I also need to pack up his "things" on Monday for his stay at the Grandma Hotel. He'll be freaked out for a day or so, but then he'll be happy, because they are home a lot more than we are. He loves the attention!

Good night all!

We did book through Disney. I've heard good/bad reviews. I'm okay with that, we will make the most of it. Someone said that you can't use your own cameras but that wasn't specifically for Blue Lagoon, so I don't know if it's true. I might grab a disposable underwater one to bring along. I'm sure they'd be HAPPY to sell me a photo package and video for about $100!:laughing:

We did book through Disney. I've heard good/bad reviews. I'm okay with that, we will make the most of it. Someone said that you can't use your own cameras but that wasn't specifically for Blue Lagoon, so I don't know if it's true. I might grab a disposable underwater one to bring along. I'm sure they'd be HAPPY to sell me a photo package and video for about $100!:laughing:

Don't you KNOW that they would be more than happy to sell you a photo package for quite the hefty price!
I think we'll bring along an underwater camera too..

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY
the cruise will be over :( and we will say goodbye to the Dream and HELLO to Saratoga Springs!! We plan to check it out along with OKW for possible future DVC purchases!!

We've gotten a lot of our packing done. We had to separate out the stuff for our first night at Pop and then a separate suitcase and garment bag for the cruise. Then the rest goes in another suitcase. The Pop one is very small (the purchase with purchase special from WDW last summer!) We'll have a duffel of toiletries and "stuff" too.
We packed a bag of snacks for the car. Going to also bring some sandwiches and probably fruit or string cheese.
I got my mani/pedi today!!! I got a bright pink/fuschia color on my toes and just plain natural on my fingers. Then if it chips, no one will notice!

Just going over the packing list. I'll have to sneak the Disney stuff (like lanyards) in on the sly tomorrow night. Dave's out vacuuming out the trunk of the car.
Tonight we're going to see Hair, so I lose a few hours of packing time. That's okay. I think I've got it under control. Better check my list!!

It looks like we will leave Tuesday afternoon around 2. I'll probably take the day off rather than work 3 hours. I'll pick up the girls around 12:30 or 1. Then we'll be ready to go when DH gets home from work.

I might hop on the boards to update on our travels. We got an iPad and it's so easy to do stuff like that - easier to type on than my phone!!!

Our weatherman here in Iowa is calling for rain with low to mid 40's on Tuesday and Wednesday, so once you cross the border, you should be ok...

Have a fun trip!!!

I hope you are able to avoid any major storms and get on the road without incident. I'll be thinking about you and wishing you a safe and quick trip.

I can't wait to read about your trip!!!! Are you going to post on the Cruise TRs or over here?

Our weatherman here in Iowa is calling for rain with low to mid 40's on Tuesday and Wednesday, so once you cross the border, you should be ok...

Have a fun trip!!!

Thanks!! It's looking better than I thought for us to miss the big snow! The weather guy just said we will get 3 - 6" on Wed/Thur. Oh, darn, we'll be gone! :laughing: I've been checking weather for all the major cities we will go by for Tuesday and Wednesday, and we might hit some rain. That's okay.

I hope you are able to avoid any major storms and get on the road without incident. I'll be thinking about you and wishing you a safe and quick trip.

I can't wait to read about your trip!!!! Are you going to post on the Cruise TRs or over here?

Thanks Mary Ellen!!! I haven't given much thought to where I'll post the TR, but I will post a link here for sure!!

Sarah was dying to know what we were doing today while packing. She said she didn't want to go. So we told her she could stay home with Grandma and Papa. Then about an hour later, she started bringing her clothes over to the suitcases. I guaranteed her that it would be fun and she'd get to do something she's always wanted to do (the dolphins). For the life of her, she can't figure out what that is!! :laughing:

Wishing you safe travel and a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear how the big reveals go when your girls discover all of their surprises! I'm looking forward to hearing all about the Dream and your opinions of the DVC resorts.

We'll do our best to melt all the snow while you're gone. ;) Wouldn't it be great to return to Springtime in MN? :dance3:

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY
the cruise will be over :( and we will say goodbye to the Dream and HELLO to Saratoga Springs!! We plan to check it out along with OKW for possible future DVC purchases!!

A Disney goodbye is always easier when there is a Disney hello following that up. ::yes::

DVC is on my Bucket List, or it would be if I had an official list. We shall see. :)

Someone said that you can't use your own cameras but that wasn't specifically for Blue Lagoon, so I don't know if it's true. I might grab a disposable underwater one to bring along. I'm sure they'd be HAPPY to sell me a photo package and video for about $100!:laughing:

On Blue Lagoon's website it specifically says no personal cameras on the rules and restrictions page for the Sea Lion Encounter, it doesn't however, say that on the rules page for the Dolphin Encounter, so who knows! :confused3 You'll have to be sure and let us know if they let you use one or not :thumbsup2

Sarah was dying to know what we were doing today while packing. She said she didn't want to go. So we told her she could stay home with Grandma and Papa. Then about an hour later, she started bringing her clothes over to the suitcases. I guaranteed her that it would be fun and she'd get to do something she's always wanted to do (the dolphins). For the life of her, she can't figure out what that is!! :laughing:

Oh ....you better have that video camera ready because she is going to completely freak!!!!! What a fabulous surprise. Kudos to you for keeping it a surprise. I don't think I could ever have done that when my kids where little.

Hooray for the weather forecast!!!! :cool2: Glad the big storm isn't going to interfere with getting on the road!

I can't wait to hear how the surprise goes! I love me some Disney surprises!!!!! :goodvibes

On Blue Lagoon's website it specifically says no personal cameras on the rules and restrictions page for the Sea Lion Encounter, it doesn't however, say that on the rules page for the Dolphin Encounter, so who knows! :confused3 You'll have to be sure and let us know if they let you use one or not :thumbsup2

You are allowed personal cameras for the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter. It says it on it's website. I have also asked questions about it and several people have confirmed it. You CAN NOT use them at Atlantis though.

This is what the wbsite says

Taking Your Own Photos
In addition to the professional photos and video services above, you can also take your own photos in the dolphin programs only. Cameras are NOT permitted in the Sea Lion Encounter. Cameras can appear as toys to sea lions so for the safety of our animals and your camera equipment we do not permit cameras in their habitat.

If you are participating in the Dolphin Encounter, you may take personal photos and videos during your program.
If you are participating in the Dolphin Swim, you will be getting into the water almost immediately. During the second half of your program you may take your own photos on the platform.
In both dolphin programs, the animals WILL BE splashing and cameras are brought down on the platforms at your own risk.
We encourage you to bring a towel down to protect your equipment if it is not waterproof. Dolphin Encounters is NOT responsible for any damages to personal camera or video equipment.
Waterproof cameras can be taken into the water in either dolphin program.
Video cameras are not allowed in the water in order to ensure that guests listen to the trainer's instructions.
If you are an Observer for the dolphin or sea lion programs, you are allowed to take personal photos and videos from the dock areas only. However, Observers are not allowed on the animal platforms or ramps at any time.
Add some of the wildlife at Dolphin Encounters to your collection of Bahamas pictures. Take advantage of the professional photographers and videographers available at Dolphin Encounters on Blue Lagoon Island.

http://www.dolphinencounters.com/sealion-dolphin-all.php

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter