Someday is sooner than you think...a March 2011 PTR

You are allowed personal cameras for the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter. It says it on it's website. I have also asked questions about it and several people have confirmed it. You CAN NOT use them at Atlantis though.

This is what the wbsite says

Taking Your Own Photos
In addition to the professional photos and video services above, you can also take your own photos in the dolphin programs only. Cameras are NOT permitted in the Sea Lion Encounter. Cameras can appear as toys to sea lions so for the safety of our animals and your camera equipment we do not permit cameras in their habitat.

If you are participating in the Dolphin Encounter, you may take personal photos and videos during your program.
If you are participating in the Dolphin Swim, you will be getting into the water almost immediately. During the second half of your program you may take your own photos on the platform.
In both dolphin programs, the animals WILL BE splashing and cameras are brought down on the platforms at your own risk.
We encourage you to bring a towel down to protect your equipment if it is not waterproof. Dolphin Encounters is NOT responsible for any damages to personal camera or video equipment.
Waterproof cameras can be taken into the water in either dolphin program.
Video cameras are not allowed in the water in order to ensure that guests listen to the trainer's instructions.
If you are an Observer for the dolphin or sea lion programs, you are allowed to take personal photos and videos from the dock areas only. However, Observers are not allowed on the animal platforms or ramps at any time.
Add some of the wildlife at Dolphin Encounters to your collection of Bahamas pictures. Take advantage of the professional photographers and videographers available at Dolphin Encounters on Blue Lagoon Island.

http://www.dolphinencounters.com/sealion-dolphin-all.php

Thanks Jen!!! My mom picked up a disposable waterproof camera for me today. I'm so glad we can use it. I'd rather not risk ruining an expensive camera, but I want pictures. We'll have to leave the fancy camera away from the water. Maybe there's a locker I can stash it in.

We are almost all packed! Finishing up some laundry tonight so everyone has what they need. I'm home tomorrow, going to take some treats to school for Sarah's b-day (one day early), run to the bank and pick up the girls at 1 and get ready. We're hoping DH gets home by 2 so we can be on our way!!!
I will not be sleeping well tonight!!! I'm too excited to sleep!!:yay:

Oh ....you better have that video camera ready because she is going to completely freak!!!!! What a fabulous surprise. Kudos to you for keeping it a surprise. I don't think I could ever have done that when my kids where little.

Hooray for the weather forecast!!!! :cool2: Glad the big storm isn't going to interfere with getting on the road!

I can't wait to hear how the surprise goes! I love me some Disney surprises!!!!! :goodvibes

Sarah is dying to know now! She asked me about 5 times tonight to tell her where we're going. :laughing: I politely refused. I have been thinking that it's really hard to plan this with the surprise. They are old enough that they have their own ideas of what they want to do and I sometimes wished I could ask their opinions on some of the plans.
I have also met a family on our cruise meet that has a young daughter Sarah's age. She and Sarah recently became email pen pals, and we moms arranged it so her daughter could talk about her trip, and not mention that we are going on the same cruise. Sarah just said that she hopes someday to meet her. I said, well, if they go to WDW a lot, maybe we'll be there at the same time someday! Little does she know, she will get to meet her on Thursday!!!! It's going to be so cool!

It looks like we'll be driving in a bunch of rain, so it might be a little slower than normal. But, we won't want to stop much!!

Have a GREAT trip Sheree!!! :cool1: Remember to take good notes for me please!!! Drive safe and enjoy EVERY moment!!! Tell Sarah that the girls wish her a VERY big happy birthday!!! :goodvibes

Have a GREAT trip Sheree!!! :cool1: Remember to take good notes for me please!!! Drive safe and enjoy EVERY moment!!! Tell Sarah that the girls wish her a VERY big happy birthday!!! :goodvibes

Thanks so much Kim!! I will do so!
I'm such a nervous wreck right now, I don't know if I'll be able to sleep at all! I hate this time frame, where I'm trying to make sure everything gets done, and I just want to get on with it! But nooo, I have to wait all night and half of tomorrow!! It's going to be horrible when I send everyone off in the morning and I'm alone with my anxiety! I'll have to clean or something!!
I'll feel better when we're finally on the road. Dave said, I wish you couldn't sleep tomorrow night (when we're driving!).

Oh, Kim - I mailed the package on Saturday (finally!). Hope it doesn't take too long!

I have also met a family on our cruise meet that has a young daughter Sarah's age. She and Sarah recently became email pen pals, and we moms arranged it so her daughter could talk about her trip, and not mention that we are going on the same cruise. Sarah just said that she hopes someday to meet her. I said, well, if they go to WDW a lot, maybe we'll be there at the same time someday! Little does she know, she will get to meet her on Thursday!!!! It's going to be so cool!

We are at Vero Beach, so glad to be away from winter, and we can't wait to meet you guys, too! Chloe has really enjoyed being "in" on the surprise!!! Drive safely and we'll see you on Thursday!!!:cool1: And Happy Birthday to Sarah!!! :bday:

We are at Vero Beach, so glad to be away from winter, and we can't wait to meet you guys, too! Chloe has really enjoyed being "in" on the surprise!!! Drive safely and we'll see you on Thursday!!!:cool1: And Happy Birthday to Sarah!!! :bday:

Thanks! I'm glad you escaped winter and got there safely! I'm so excited for Sarah to "get it" when she meets Chloe! I told her that you had left for the beach already and we might not hear from Chloe until after her trip.

Just did the online check-in for our night at Pop! I can cross another thing off my list!

I love it that you are meeting up with another family! DISmeets are the best! So cool that they are at Vero Beach! We are so excited for our stay there in June after our Dream cruise!

Just had to comment after reading only your first post!! So many things sound familiar to me...I have 2 boys we are surprising with a WDW trip in 20 days! We are also going on the Disney Dream with friends in October! I just started my first PTR this morning for the March trip!! Off to read more of your Report....looks like you are headed to WDW today....exciting!!

Thanks Jen!!! My mom picked up a disposable waterproof camera for me today. I'm so glad we can use it. I'd rather not risk ruining an expensive camera, but I want pictures. We'll have to leave the fancy camera away from the water. Maybe there's a locker I can stash it in.

I'm too excited to sleep!!:yay:

Yes, I think I read they do have lockers as well. I think it's included. Have fun. I am so excited for you!!! :dance3:

Have a fantastic trip!!! Can't wait to hear all about it! What a super bunch of surprises you have planned for your family. I hope you have a chance to sit back and relax for a minute or two!

I love it that you are meeting up with another family! DISmeets are the best! So cool that they are at Vero Beach! We are so excited for our stay there in June after our Dream cruise!
How would I ever have made it this far without the DIS and my DIS friends??? I'm really excited (have I said that yet?)

Safe travels today!!
I know you are going to have a wonderful time!:wizard:
Thanks!!! We're heading out in about 3 1/2 hours!!! :woohoo:

Just had to comment after reading only your first post!! So many things sound familiar to me...I have 2 boys we are surprising with a WDW trip in 20 days! We are also going on the Disney Dream with friends in October! I just started my first PTR this morning for the March trip!! Off to read more of your Report....looks like you are headed to WDW today....exciting!!
:welcome: and I hope you enjoy reading along. You can count on a TR after we get back and I'll tell you all about the Dream!!! I hope you have a wonderful trip surprising your boys!!

Yes, I think I read they do have lockers as well. I think it's included. Have fun. I am so excited for you!!! :dance3:
Thanks to your link, I did check out their website and saw that they had FREE lockers and changing rooms. I'll bring a bag with some clothes and maybe another camera for other pictures.

Have a fantastic trip!!! Can't wait to hear all about it! What a super bunch of surprises you have planned for your family. I hope you have a chance to sit back and relax for a minute or two!

Thanks Dee!! I'm nervous about driving in rain, but it is better than a blizzard!!
I don't know if I could do this surprise thing again. I'm turning the house upside down trying to find Sarah's lanyard/pins. If I could just ask her where it is....of course, she probably won't know either!

I took cupcakes to school this morning to celebrate Sarah's birthday. One of the other girls is going to WDW tomorrow - staying off site at a relative's house. I told her it would be crowded but to have fun. She says, " I hope we get to see you!" Isn't that sweet? It would be funny! I told her we'd get there on Sunday. A few of the kids in class know where we're going but promised not to tell Sarah. I hope I can trust them!!!
Well, off to finish up the :laundy: and packing!! I might even take a quick nap before lunch since I slept about 5 hours! The kids were "too excited to sleep" and were up before the sun.

T minus 3.5 hours and counting..

How cool to be counting in HOURS instead of days now!!!!

Have a safe and wonderful trip!

Sheree!!!!! You are on your way now!!! I wanted to get on here and said bye before you left...but didn't get a chance....well you are one whole day closer that's for sure!!! Hope your trip down and back is safe and uneventful...enjoy that ship and give Sarah a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY from all of our family!!!!

Thanks guys! We had a great cruise but it wwas busy and over much too soon!! Spent our first night at SSR and now have settled in to AKL AND LOVE IT. Parks so far MK and epcot - very busy crowds! TTYL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter