Solo Deluxe Dining, Apr 30 - May 7, w/pics!

Fantastic reviews and the pictures are making me hungry!! I have ADRs at quite a few of the same places for my trip in October so I'm really enjoying your perspective. I'm also going solo and have been a little nervous about TS meals by myself... I'm a bit self conscious sometimes. So thanks for the inspiration... it looks like you had a great time! :)

Morning Marsh! Can't wait for Narcosses ! I started checking the deluxwe plan for my next solo trip which is a cou[le of years off but no harm in checking !!

Looking forward to more, you're reviews are brill! :goodvibes

Narcoossee's, dinner, Thurs 05.01.08

I spent a couple of hours before dinner at the MK, so I took the relaxing boat ride over to the Grand Floridian. I think my ADR was for 8:40, but I arrived around 8pm. Figured in too much travel time! Oh well. I got to sit and relax in a comfy chair and watch the work in the kitchen.

dis2008-05114.jpg

I also took the time to go outside and get some pics around the lake

dis2008-05115.jpg

I was really excited about this meal, not just because I'd never been there, but because my best friend's parents were joining me! When I'd had to change things around to do the Deluxe Plan, some of the ADRs I wanted only had availability for 3, so it kinda worked out perfectly that they could come! I love these people, they are just so awesome.

So they arrived around 8:30pm, after some phone confusion "I'm in the lobby" "no, I'm in the lobby and I don't see you anywhere!" (GF lobby vs. Narcoossee's lobby :thumbsup2 ), we were seated right at 8:40. And much to my surprise, we were given a coveted window seat with a perfect view of the castle! I think they saw my Bday button and rewarded me :goodvibes

Anyway, I started off with some sort of Pear Martini, I think it was pear anyway. It was really good!

dis2008-05117.jpg

It's so funny, but I told them that I'd be taking pictures, and not to think I was a weirdo, but they were totally into it! It was awesome, since I was still near the beginning of the trip and not always remembering to snap before taking bites. So they reminded me, "don't you want to take a picture?" I really love them.

So for appetizers, we each ordered something different. BFF's mom got the Seafood Bisque
dis2008-05120.jpg

She's had it before and knew she liked it. She told me she really enjoyed it.

BFF's dad got the Buttermilk Fried Shrimp
dis2008-05118.jpg

We were all amused by the large, long plate that they came on. Again, he's had them before, and enjoyed them once again.

I got a salad that doesn't appear to be on AllEars menu. I know it had nuts, green beans, and goat cheese.
dis2008-05119.jpg

Goat cheese is my favorite! I absolutely love it. This was a really nice salad. I'm glad I didn't get anything too heavy, since this was a nice and light starter, since I knew I had the big boy coming.

So here they come, the entrees!

BFF's dad ordered the Crab-Crusted Flounder - crushed fingerling potatoes, hericot vert, and Meyer lemon butter sauce. He ordered it without the potatoes.
dis2008-05122.jpg

He loved it, and licked his plate clean! Well, not literally, but you know what I mean!

BFF's mom ordered the Grilled Filet Mignon - potato gratin and green peppercorn brandy sauce. She said it was perfect!
dis2008-05123.jpg

And I ordered the Steamed Whole Maine Lobster - potato gratin and steamed baby broccoli.
dis2008-05124.jpg

dis2008-05125.jpg

dis2008-05126.jpg

Multiple views because it deserved it! It was soooooo good! Can you tell how happy I was with it? The potatoes that came with it were very nice too. Gratin of some sort, so cheesy, and most definitely yummy. The broccoli was cooked perfectly too. I have to admit, I cleared my plate! It was just that good. I was on cloud 9 :lovestruc

Of course, we still had dessert to come! I had read such wonderful things about the Almond-crusted Cheesecake with Lambert Cherry Sauce, that I had to order it.
dis2008-05127.jpg

It was everything everyone had described! The cheesecake was nice and smooth, and the almond crust was perfect. The sauce that came with it was nice and tart too, a perfect accompaniment. You can also see in the picture my cappuccino. Narcoossee's was one place that assured me that after dinner coffee was included with the Deluxe Plan. So that was nice.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot! Right before dessert came out, they dimmed the lights and piped in the music for Wishes! It was a perfect view. And then we got to see the light parade too. Just perfect.

Overall, this night was everything I had hoped it would be. Great food, great company, great ambiance. Nothing could have been better. Plus, I got a ride back to Pop, so I didn't have to worry about Disney transport or a cab. Just put a nice cap on a great night.

next up: b'fast at Crystal Palace

It looks so delicious! And to get to see Wishes too, what a perfect ending to your day!

Allyson :)

Wow!! What a wonderful looking meal! And it sounds perfect. What more can you ask for than good food, good service and a beautiful location with extras besides!
I'm glad the evening ended nicely with a ride back to your room also!!
Can't wait for more, this was a great update!! Thanks!!

Sounds like we're in for an amazing night, as we're planning on most of the items you reviewed! So glad to read such an awesome review - lobster & almond cheesecake.....what's not to love?:love:

I really enjoy the presentation of the dishes at the fancier restaurants. We've talked about going there a couple of times but haven't made it there yet. Great review and pics. Thanks for sharing :)

excellent review at narcoosees - great photos, so glad you really enjoyed your meal!! - isn't that almond crusted cheesecake divine??!!! :love:

I am so glad that I have an ADR for Narcoosee's after seeing all those yummy pictures.. When did you ask your server whether the after dinner coffee/tea will be part of the DDP? A cup of java with dessert, soooo gooood!!!

Hey Marsh, I believe our family was at Crystal Palace at the same time as you - 5/7 lunch @ 11:30. We were sitting directly across from you at the outside waiting area. I had my 2 boys with me and my dh. I believe we sat near each other in the restaurant too because I distinctly remember the servers taking pictures of you with the characters. You also had a green pin on that with your username on it. I just think it's pretty cool to come across your review.

narcoossees report was great! i've decided to order the surf and turf!! the view is gorgeous!! after we have dinner, i would like to sit and have some coffee and enjoy the view.
thanks a bunch!
mousiemom

Just found this thread and I'm loving the reviews so far. I just did CP dinner so I'm excited to see how CP breakfast was because we might do this in Dec. while on the deluxe plan.....

Can't wait for more.

Love the reviews Narcosses is definately on my list! Maybe with the family but if not when I go solo!! Question DSIL asked if you canhave the lobster whole he likes ravishing lobster and didn't like it cut for him!!

Loving your reviews, especially Narcoissee's.
That lobster has prompted me to try to make a reservation for my October trip!

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter