SO SAD! CRT menu DID change!

Is this menu accurate? I find it surprising that two entrées would have identical side dishes. Usually the goal at high-end restaurants is to offer a small menu of great selections that are all completely unique.

I love Brussels sprouts and gnocchi, but I do dislike a lot of the ingredients listed on this menu. Nevertheless, I would happily order any of the items on the menu in the original post and enjoy them. I don't let my pickiness cripple me, and I'm always willing to try a food I think I dislike. The right chef and right preparation can make anything taste good!

Have an open mind, try new things before dismissing them outright. If nothing else, you'll be a good example to your daughter.

Is this menu accurate? I find it surprising that two entrées would have identical side dishes. Usually the goal at high-end restaurants is to offer a small menu of great selections that are all completely unique.

I love Brussels sprouts and gnocchi, but I do dislike a lot of the ingredients listed on this menu. Nevertheless, I would happily order any of the items on the menu in the original post and enjoy them. I don't let my pickiness cripple me, and I'm always willing to try a food I think I dislike. The right chef and right preparation can make anything taste good!

Have an open mind, try new things before dismissing them outright. If nothing else, you'll be a good example to your daughter.

I don't think anyone has actually eaten there to confirm yet.

This. Disney seems to think it has to be all or nothing. This would also be my argument for the children's menu at BOG. Yes, people were looking for something other than chicken fingers and mac and cheese for the kids. Fair point, but why not offer both types of food? :confused3 Some kids like grilled fish or steak and some just want the chicken fingers. Offering one more dish on any of the Disney menus certainly wouldn't be a terrible thing. They're awfully limited compared to many restaurants in the "real" world. Just sayin'. :goodvibes

THIS!!:thumbsup2 Reason why I booked late ADR for dinner at BOG. Figured we could do dessert b/c the menu looked like nothing I would like or the kids either...poor things take after me in the food department. I am the worlds pickiest eater...plain is my middle name when it comes to food. I know that is my issue and don't complain about not liking sushi at a sushi restaurant. I just wouldn't go, but I think that Disney dinning is an experience that people want based on the place for some and the food for others so offering a little more for the person who likes a culinary delight and also having some staples is what a place like Disney should do. To me though CRT, BOG etc...are going to have a lot who want to dine there because of the experience and should especially accommodate both palates IMO

While I like and cook brussel sprouts regularly, and would like the gnocchi, chicken or short ribs on the menu, a few choosier family members would not, crossing CRT off our list. I think it's always a good idea to have a "safe" choice on the menu, they know all customers won't be open to those options.

It's a very short menu, honestly that's not that much to choose from. They should have another couple choices.

Honestly, I am HAPPY to see menus starting to offer foods that are not plain or "normal". I think that a person can look at a menu and decide to eat there... but the menu should not have to cater to a specific type of eater. I don't think all restaurants need to have a "safe" choice.

I'm glad to see something interesting being offered too. I just hope that the restaurant's kitchen can do justice to these dishes. I am one who can tolerate brussel sprouts but it's not a favorite.

I agree with those who said to just eat elsewhere if you don't like the food. Akershus or breakfast might be good alternatives.

We are going to have lunch here for the 1st time on our upcoming trip. Looking forward to it!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

That menu looks delicious! Now I am sad we only have ressies for breakfast at CRT. Give it a try - you might like it!

I think it sounds delicious. We had lunch at CRT and I had a perfect piece of fish and my sister in law had the risotto, which she said was amazing.

I know I'm pretty disappointed with many counter service fast food meals at WDW (burgers and fries), so I like that there are other choices.

I never understand adults calling a nice selection of food "gross" (Not the OP.....just other comments I've seen in this thread). It seems so immature and rude. As my five year old would say, "Why don't you just try it? You might like it."

We ate lunch at CRT in August with the new menu. When booking the ADR I was disappointed that the Major Domo pie was changed to Major Domo short ribs because I really enjoyed the pie in the past. Turns out the short ribs were really good. Every member of my group of 5 had eaten at CRT when it was the old menu and every member enjoyed their meal at CRT with the new menu. We were all full when we left. And, really it is an experience more than a meal. My DD is done with princesses but both my DD and DS have asked to eat at the Castle again, because it is just a magical experience, regardless of the food. And, the food turned out to be very good.

I think it is a great upgrade! The food before was not so great, this looks like an improvement if they pull it off.

Look DH and I are foodies so this menu seems like a great improvement but I get that not everyone likes "fancier" food, however tv networks and cooking shows are making gourmet more and more mainstream hence the upgrade to menus. If there is something you do not like, call in advance and tell them. they are great with dietary restrictions or whatever. My sil is very picky and she always modifies something (no brussel sprouts, add potatoes). It's never a problem if you have your heart set on this. If not try breakfast.

I agree with OP. We have an ADR for March 3 - this is supposed to be our "once in a lifetime" trip to CRT. See, we usually only plan our trips 60 days out, so normally I would not be able to get an ADR for CRT, but since BOG just opened we got lucky. (DH is a chef, so we have relatively broad horizons when it comes to dining out. You can get great food anywhere from a food truck to 5 star)
several points:
1) It's true you don't choose this restaurant for the food, it's for the "experience". So please stop suggesting that people "go somewhere else" if they don't like the menu. If your kid wants to eat in cinderellas castle, that doesn't mean you should have to eat food you don't like because there aren't enough options. Also, I made my ADR using the old menu about a month ago. Even if I wanted to change, it's now too late to get a decent time at another restaurant, or to change for Bfast for that matter.
2) On what planet is any of this "fancy" food, or an "imaginative" menu? Only 5 choices and the sides are identical for most of the entrees! This is a terrible menu because there isn't enough variety. ( The old menu was too limited also, but at least you could get a steak!)
3) Where's the beef?!
4) This meal costs darn near $70 per person- more during peak season. None of these menu items would be anywhere near that price on a standard menu (yes, even including app, drink + dessert, but so does the dining plan and this is supposed to be signature dining!)
A pasta dish with no seafood is normally $12-$14, $16 if they are really gouging you. Chicken and grouper would normally be $20 max. The old menu was a better value (see point #3) though still not a good value.
I guess in summary, the found a way to go from bad to worse! I was expecting to go with our 2 girls and mostly enjoy seeing how excited they would be to actually eat in the castle with cinderella. I knew enough to not get my hopes up about the quality of the food, but to leave feeling like the entire experience was worth it. I have no problem with brussel sprouts, but for that to be the only choice of veg just doesn't make any sense. I was so so so looking forward to this meal, and now it's beginning to look like a huge waste of money (credits). I hope I'm wrong.

PottersMom, the short ribs are beef.

Personally, for two meal credits, I'm glad to see them doing a new menu. We will eat there on our next trip and I will have a hard time choosing between the fish, chicken or short ribs but will probably end up ordering the grouper. Sounds yummy to me! :thumbsup2

The menu looks good to me personally but few people go to this event for an adventuresome menu. Of all the places to have a menu with universal appeal, this would have to be it. Again, I love Brussels sprouts but they are one of the last veggie choices for banquet type meals; they are up there with beets (which is another of my personal faves) but neither are a good selection for mass appeal. In any case, yup, the original post was a bit intense but I feel for her. Some very harsh people do show up lol, often the same ones over and over.

(referring to this discussion in general, not directed at the OP)

I'm surprised anyone would cancel a reservation over a side dish. If you don't like brussel sprouts ask for another side dish on the menu to be substituted. No biggie. Bacon in the sauce a problem? "could you please leave off the sauce?" or "can the sauce be prepared without bacon?".

If you can't cobble together anything at all you can eat from that list of food then there are probably chicken nuggets and french fries on the kids menu that you could order, aren't there? If all else fails politely ask the person holding the gun to your head and forcing you into the castle if you can just grab a hot dog at Casey's instead. :)

It is disappointing when you are looking forward to a certain thing and find out that things have changed but there are still tons of options here. Ask for a different side or sauce, change to breakfast, change to akershus, sneak in a two piece from KFC, all is not lost.

I'm on the side of the fence that thinks that menu sounds quite good and light years ahead of anything else offered inside the Magic Kingdom (haven't been since new fantasyland opened). I'm thrilled to think there might be an option that doesn't serve the same food as every other restaurant.

THIS!!:thumbsup2 Reason why I booked late ADR for dinner at BOG. Figured we could do dessert b/c the menu looked like nothing I would like or the kids either...poor things take after me in the food department. I am the worlds pickiest eater...plain is my middle name when it comes to food. I know that is my issue and don't complain about not liking sushi at a sushi restaurant. I just wouldn't go, but I think that Disney dinning is an experience that people want based on the place for some and the food for others so offering a little more for the person who likes a culinary delight and also having some staples is what a place like Disney should do. To me though CRT, BOG etc...are going to have a lot who want to dine there because of the experience and should especially accommodate both palates IMO

Not for the price IMO. If I had to sit through an Applebees menu I would be seriously ticked about it. No matter how "wonderful" the princess are. If you want that food go get a QS and get a FP for the princesses - it's cheaper and then menus don't have to be watered down for the sadly, over chained-mediocre American palette. Btw, I would eat that menu in a heartbeat. Actually if someone could get that to Atlanta asap I know a very appreciative pregnant woman. :worship: And my kids would eat it as well. It's all about attitude. My 5 yr-old will eat anything at least once.

I believe that what the OP posted is the lunch menu. The dinner menu lists a beef tenderloin dish served with asparagus and roasted potatoes.

I agree with OP. We have an ADR for March 3 - this is supposed to be our "once in a lifetime" trip to CRT. See, we usually only plan our trips 60 days out, so normally I would not be able to get an ADR for CRT, but since BOG just opened we got lucky. (DH is a chef, so we have relatively broad horizons when it comes to dining out. You can get great food anywhere from a food truck to 5 star)
several points:
1) It's true you don't choose this restaurant for the food, it's for the "experience". So please stop suggesting that people "go somewhere else" if they don't like the menu. If your kid wants to eat in cinderellas castle, that doesn't mean you should have to eat food you don't like because there aren't enough options. Also, I made my ADR using the old menu about a month ago. Even if I wanted to change, it's now too late to get a decent time at another restaurant, or to change for Bfast for that matter.
2) On what planet is any of this "fancy" food, or an "imaginative" menu? Only 5 choices and the sides are identical for most of the entrees! This is a terrible menu because there isn't enough variety. ( The old menu was too limited also, but at least you could get a steak!)
3) Where's the beef?!
4) This meal costs darn near $70 per person- more during peak season. None of these menu items would be anywhere near that price on a standard menu (yes, even including app, drink + dessert, but so does the dining plan and this is supposed to be signature dining!)
A pasta dish with no seafood is normally $12-$14, $16 if they are really gouging you. Chicken and grouper would normally be $20 max. The old menu was a better value (see point #3) though still not a good value.
I guess in summary, the found a way to go from bad to worse! I was expecting to go with our 2 girls and mostly enjoy seeing how excited they would be to actually eat in the castle with cinderella. I knew enough to not get my hopes up about the quality of the food, but to leave feeling like the entire experience was worth it. I have no problem with brussel sprouts, but for that to be the only choice of veg just doesn't make any sense. I was so so so looking forward to this meal, and now it's beginning to look like a huge waste of money (credits). I hope I'm wrong.

Depends on where you live and what restaurants you are going to. For my area, those prices would be pretty cheap. Eating in the castle is about the experience, though. I'm glad to see they are at least trying to raise the standard of the food to get it closer to price you pay for the experience.

I like the looks of the new menu. And hope that it tastes as good as it looks. I'm so tired of the same old green beans and mashed potatoes.

My feeling is that if you don't like what is on the menu, then find somewhere else to eat. If you absolutely, positively MUST dine at a particular restaurant just for the experience, then don't complain about the menu. No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you.

Medical dietary restrictions excepted, of course.

have not been there in a couple of yrs.

what happened to the prime rib. it was fantastic.

need a special place. narcoossee's it just about the best. it has been our fav for many yrs.::yes::

try cali grill. just marvelous.:thumbsup2

brown derby at hs is just great for a special occasion or just because it is great::wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter