So How Many Different Disney Resorts Have You Stayed at....

The Golf Resort (now Shades of Green)
The Contemporary - Tower and Garden Wing
Wilderness Lodge
The Poly
Animal Kingdom Lodge

Villas at Wilderness Lodge

Caribbean Beach
Port Orleans Riverside

Pop
All Star Sports

Concierge at The Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge

Favorite: Concierge at the Contemporary
Least Favorite: Caribbean Beach
Would like to try: Yacht Club

Carribean
Wilderness Lodge
POR

Favorite: Wilderness Lodge. Planning our 3rd stay right now.
Least favorite. POR. Nice, but just not for us.

Planning to stay Fort Wilderness Cabins or AoA, for the next trip with the grandkids, hopefully summer or 2015 to save money. Wilderness Lodge is still definitely our dream resort.:thumbsup2

Interesting thread! :)

Grand Floridian
Polynesian (5)
Pop Century
Yacht Club

Upcoming stays: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Art of Animation

Favorite: Polynesian (obviously!)
Least favorite: Pop Century - not that it was bad, but it was not at the level of the others

Want to try: Contemporary

I've done:
POR x4
Poly x1 (as a small child, does this count? Lol)
GF x1
AoA x1
AKL x1

We are local day trippers so we don't often stay onsite. If we do stay over, it's usually offset at a cheap hotel somewhere. But we so occasionally do our Disney vacations.

Favorite is definitely GF from our once in a lifetime trip! That'll never happen again though lmao My other favorite is POR. We've stayed there 4 times and just love it most out of the ones in our budget.

Least favorite was AoA. Hands down. We had a LM room and the door was already old and had to be kicked and thrown your weight into to open. We told the front desk who basically said sorry the LM rooms are booked up we can't move you. Never ever again.

Contemporary - Tower - MK View
Yacht Club
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village
Grand Floridian - Sugarloaf - Club Level
Wilderness Lodge
Caribbean Beach
Pop Century
All Stars Sports
Waldorf Astoria (not Disney owned, but within WDW boundary)

Hard to pick an overall favorite. At Contemporary I booked Garden Wing and got an upgrade to a high floor MK view Tower room, so that was some amazing pixie dust! I don't think I would pay full price for such a room, however. I love the savannah view rooms at AKL - Jambo House and that's where I'm staying next month.

For the money, however, it's tough to beat the Waldorf. I always get a huge suite with a theme park view for around the same price as a WDW deluxe single room with a standard view. Plus the Waldorf is a genuine luxury property, unlike the WDW hotels. The huge luxe bathrooms and excellent beds/linen are real draws for me.

Least favorite by a long shot was AS Sports. Didn't like anything about it, especially since it was before refurbishment and during Pop Warner. Very unpleasant. I have stayed at Pop Century several times and would return if I needed to do a budget trip.

I've also stayed at all three hotels in Disneyland. Really love the Grand Californian's theme park view rooms; so magical to look right out at California Adventure.

We've stayed at quite a few..

Contemporary
Polynesian
Grand Floridian
Wilderness Lodge
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Beach Club
Caribbean Beach
Coronado Springs
Port Orleans French Quarter
Port Orleans Riverside
Pop Century

Resorts never to return to:

GF
AKL
CBR
CSR
POR
POP

Best bang for our buck:

WL
POFQ

Beautiful resorts but too overpriced:

Poly
CR

Just blah resorts:

YC
BC

Wow!!!! I am impressed. Have been to disney world many times...but only have stayed in 3 resorts:

Grand Floridian
Wilderness Lodge
Animal Kingdom Lodge

Our problem is that we fell in love with WL and AKL, and can't convince ourselves to stay anywhere else now.

I have stayed at:

WL
GF
AKL
POLY
YC
BWI
POR

Favorite-WL

Least Favorite-Poly

BC x3
BCV x3
AKL x3
AKV-Kidani x2
BLT
Poly
VWL

Favorite=BC or BCV

Port Orleans
All Star Music
Pop Century
Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Beach Club Villas
Boardwalk Villas
Animal Kingdom Villas both Jambo and Kidani
Bay Lake Tower
Old Key West

Favorite is Beach Club Villas, can't beat the location.

All-Star-Movies
All-Star-Sports
Animal Kingdom Lodge (Kidani Village & Jambo House)
Saratoga Springs
Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villas
Bay Lake Towers
Wilderness Lodge
Wilderness Cabins
Boardwalk

I think that's it. We own DVC Points at AKL & SS.
We're usually do a split stay in a new (to us) DVC Resort then end our trip at one of our favorites.

AKL is definitely our family favorite. We also loved the Treehouse Villas & the Wilderness Lodge. We really like the Wilderness Cabins but wish they were bigger. The Campground is really fun to hang out at.

BLT was my least favorite. I love the location but I felt the hotel was too business like.

Have stayed at

Poly
YC
BWV
OKW
POR
CS

also stayed at
Swan
Dolphin

Yacht Club is our favorite

Swan and Dolphin great for price and that's our favorite location-Epcot area

Wendybird55 said:
and which is your favorite and least favorite? Also, what resort would you like to try that you haven't yet?

Just thinking that over the many years going to Disney I've stayed a quite a few of the resorts...
Contemporary Garden Wings (before Bay Tower was built)
Poly
Wilderness Lodge
AKL
Yacht Club
Beach Club
Boardwalk / Boardwalk Villas
Old Key West
Caribbean Beach
Coronado Springs
Port Orleans (now POFQ)
Dixie Landings Plantation (before it became Port Orleans Riverside)
Pop Century
This August will be staying at AKV for first time

My favorite is Boardwalk - great location and I enjoy the area.
Least favorite tie between Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans (I just think the moderates are too big and too spread out).
Resort I'd like to try: Grand Floridian

We have stayed at:
Dixie Landings- my first time
Contemporary
Carribean Beach
Wilderness Lodge
Animal Kingdom Lodge CL

Hopefully in Nov will be staying at Boardwalk....My favorite was Animal Kingdom and least favorite was Caribbean Beach.

We've stayed at:
Polynesian
Boardwalk
Beach Club
Yacht Club
Caribbean Beach
Port Orleans French Quarter
Wilderness Lodge
Fort Wilderness (Cabins)

Favorite: The Polynesian. We just love the laid back vibe of the Polynesian, and that it is separated by longhouses rather than one giant building. We really feel like we are can relax and are away from it all when staying there. Plus, the access to MK and Epcot are awesome. Of course, now that it's under construction for an extended period we'll probably stick to the Epcot resorts for a bit.

Least Favorite: Probably Caribbean Beach, just because it's so big and spread out. Second would be the Grand Floridian, which we found to be "tired" and in need of a refurb while we were there.

We've stayed at

BLT
AKV
All Star Movies
Saratoga
Wildness Lodge
Old Key West
Vero
HH
Aulani
Grand Californian
Disney Paris - forget the name

This June: Boardwalk

Fav: AK - Kidani
Least fav - OKW

We have stayed at
Contemporary
Caribbean Beach
Dixie Landings (Port Orleans - Riverside)
All Star Sports
All Star Music
All Star Sports
Pop Century

Least favorite was Contemporary our room both times was so far away from the main building (quite a walk in the rain)

Favorite is All Star Movies going for our 14th stay there. It is afforable, great theming and is a small resort.

Would Like to try any of the deluxe at Club level

We have stayed as follow:
BWV
OKW
AKV
BLT
Wilderness Villas
SSR
BCV
VGF
We will return BWV for 4 nights for Star War Weekend . Hope to see you there . Have a magical day.:cheer2:

GF
VGF
Poly
Coronado
BWV
Beach Club
BCV
AKV Jambo and Kidani

Poly is still my favorite.

We are trying Yacht Club in June. DH and DD want to try BLT next. We probably won't get to that until 2015 or 2016 though.

I've stayed at: All Star Sports (1X)
All Star Movies (1X)
Pop Century (1X)
Caribbean Beach (at least 4X)
Port Orleans Riverside (1X)
Wilderness Lodge (1X)
Favorite would be Wilderness Lodge followed by Caribbean Beach, least favorite would be Port Orleans Riverside followed by All Star Sports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter