So How Many Different Disney Resorts Have You Stayed at....

All Star Music (1X)
Pop Century (3X)
POR (1X)
Saratoga Springs (1X)
Animal Kingdom Villas (1X)

Next trip will be Art of Animation and Saratoga Springs

POR 2x
POFQ
CBR 2x
BC 3x

So far Beach Club has been my favorite (location!!!)
Yacht Club is coming up 9/24-9/30 this year

Wish list: WL at Christmas time….GF and Poly anytime!

I'm also of the "stay where you like" mentality. We've stayed at VWL, BLT, and POR, and this year's stay will be at BLT again. BLT is definitely the favorite, which is why we're forgoing renting points (as we have in the past) and reserved a room there through CRO.

Least favorite was POR, but it's not really a fair contest to compare it to VWL or BLT, particularly since location/proximity to MK is our main driver for what constitutes a good resort.

We've been to WDW 8 times in the last 4 years and we always stay either POFQ or AKL.
I guess we are creatures of habit because even when other resorts are available I always seem to pick either of those 2. I would LOVE to stay at the Polynesian or the Contemporary but they always seem to be out of budget. One day though.

It's interesting to see everyone's replies...is it all about ambience or location or price?

We ended up staying at POP due to circumstances. Had a long weekend at WL for MNSSHP and then Hurricane Sandy hit and we were stuck in Disney (could think of worst place to get stuck) our flight was cancelled for 5 days. Though it would have been nice to continue stay at WL the rates were high (even with slight discount they gave) where as POP we could stay 3 nights for the price of 1 at POP. I remembered reading good things about POP on boards so off to POP we went and I was pleasantly surprised. We really enjoyed our stay there. I thought it would be more spread out like moderates, but it wasn't. Room was easy walk to main building. The food court was great....and the buses ran smoothly. We really liked it. The only complaint is that the beds a full size...though DH and I can share a full size bed we prefer a queen or king...luckily we only have 1 son so DH sharing a bed with him gives all of us more room.

We've been to POP again since that trip and am going again in Sept. Because POP is much more affordable we have been able to add an extra trip last year and this year to see MNSSHP...

Over the years we've stayed at:

Ft. Wilderness
WL
CR
GF
Poly
YC
Dolphin
POFQ
ASMu
AKL
Shades of Green

Favorite: Poly CL or CR garden wing deluxe room. Both were wonderful!
Least favorite: Ft. Wilderness
Would like to try someday: Treehouse at OKW

It's interesting to see everyone's replies...is it all about ambience or location or price?

I guess for us it could be any one of those things in any given trip.

Ambiance plays a big roll for me, In the frosty cold of mid February I crave the beachy Caribbean so CBR fills the bill nicely. At the lead up to Christmas there is nothing like WL to make me feel festive.

Price plays a roll too.. sometimes a quick visit at a great price decides where we'll stay. Other times saving for a splurge makes a vacation a bit more decadent :)

And more recently with the changes at WDW with planning becoming a major part of the vacation - a split stay in August will allow us to be close to EPCOT & the HS at the Yacht Club then move to the Poly to be closer to the MK. That made ADRs and organizing very easy.

For us it's a little of everything. I LOVE AKL for the theme and the fact that even though it's a deluxe and pretty big it's still very quiet. I don't even mind that it's set pretty far out from most things, I almost enjoy that about it too.

POFQ we love for the location to DTD, the compactness and the price. It's such a sweet little resort and after the hectic craziness of the parks it's nice to come back to a resort where we really feel like we can wind down.

Let's see, I've stayed at:
CBR
CR
Poly
WL
CSR
POR (once when it was Dixie Landings and once since the change)
Sports
Music
Staying at Pop in 62 days

I love POR but I would love to revisit WL and Poly as an adult

My least favorites would have to be CSR (a lot of walking and not the biggest fan of the theming) and Sports (I may be biased because this was a high school band trip and we were told we were staying in music but when we got there, apparently there was a mixup and a group of cheerleaders got our music rooms so we were stuck in sports)

My dream resort would probably be Beach Club or AKL Savannah view...one day I will stay there!

I've stayed at in order of best to least

Port Orleans French Quarter
Port Orleans Riverside
Beach Club
Allstar Music
Allstar. Sports
Art of Animation

Next stay is at Wilderness Lodge. Kind of a surprise since it wasn't really on my want list, poly has been the only deluxe I've really thought of trying but it just kind of happened but I'm actually looking forward to it.

Love the PO resorts. Great theming, with more of a resort feel than a value with out a deluxe price. Boat to DTD was a perk that can't be beat by any other resort. Food courts were both fine.

Loved the true resort feel of Beach Club. Great walking or boating to Epcot and DHS. However I don't use enough of the deluxe perks to make the price to use ratio reasonable. Plus I thought dining was limited.

Like the all stars for solo trips. I don't need a lot of room and I'm fine with a food court. I prefer music to sports. I find the decor/grounds to be not very resort like but music was the more landscaped and calmer than sports.

Didn't particularly like AoA I found it garish and so busy and loud that it is the one resort that I wouldn't really want to return to. Also worst bus service ever had.

Cont
Poly
GF
wilderness lodge
Ft wilderness (not a big fan)
AKL
POFQ (loved it before kids)
Coronado Springs (loved it but that was when it was new)
Old tree houses (fun memories)
Sheraton (?) across from DTD (hated it)

Fave: Wilderness Lodge--great theming and boat to MK is super convenient. Poly a close second but haven't stayed there since late 80s/early 90s.

All Star Movies
All Star Music
All Star Sports
POP Century
Art of Animation
Coronado Springs
Caribbean Beach
AKL - Jambo(** favorite!!) and Kidani
Bay Lake Tower
OKW... least favorite.
Boardwalk
SSR
Wilderness Lodge
Beach Club

Only one so far, AKL.

Loved it for the themes and the view from the deck.

Staying at All Star Movies in 1 month, hope it's nice.

Would LOVE to stay at the GF though. Went to dinner at 1900 Park Fare, and the GF looks NICE!

I've stayed at every resort (villas included) except ASMo, ASp, Pop, and AoA. AKV is my favorite. I absolutely love the entire experience, from decor to zebras, that is offered there and feel as if I'm on a vacation within a vacation. :goodvibes

We are trying to stay around the World, one resort at a time.
Sports
Music
Movie
Pop
Coronado (1 night)
Caribbean
Port Orleans Riverside
Fort Wilderness Cabins (Least Favorite)
Old Key West
Saratoga Springs
BLT
AKV (Kidani) Favorite
Boardwalk (up coming)

Polynesian, Contemporary, Treehouse, and some other villa when I was about 5. Carribean Beach, POR, BLTx2, ASMo...I think in forgetting one- and finally we're staying at AKV in May.

cB

BC x5
POR x1
POP x1
CBR x2
POFQ x1

Favorite would have to be a tie between BC and POR. We're staying at AKL on our next trip but I really want to try the Poly once the pool is finished. :thumbsup2

All Star Movies
All Star Music
Pop Century
Bay Lake Tower
AKL - Jambo
AKL - Kidani
Boardwalk Villas
Old Key West
Saratoga Springs

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Stayed at:
Caribbean Beach
Wilderness Lodge x2
Coronado
Port Orleans French Quarter

Favorite is WL, but not by enough over CSR that it's worth the money. Probably going to do POR next time and make our way all the way through the moderates.

Least favorite is CBR. Just wasn't comfortable.

We've stayed at:

Pop
VWL
AKV
AoA - Cars Suite
POR-Royal room
Swan

Would love to stay at the Poly and VGF!!!

Favorites:
AKV- love the theming, food options, nice rooms, animals, etc.
AoA -Cars Suite: great theming & attention to detail; large rooms, 2 bathrooms!!

Least Favorites:
Swan- room wasn't very clean; didn't have that "Disney" touch

VWL- great location and beautiful lobby, but the rooms are very worn and are in great need of remodeling/refreshing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter