So How Many Different Disney Resorts Have You Stayed at....

Wendybird55

DIS Veteran
and which is your favorite and least favorite? Also, what resort would you like to try that you haven't yet?

Just thinking that over the many years going to Disney I've stayed a quite a few of the resorts...
Contemporary Garden Wings (before Bay Tower was built)
Poly
Wilderness Lodge
AKL
Yacht Club
Beach Club
Boardwalk / Boardwalk Villas
Old Key West
Caribbean Beach
Coronado Springs
Port Orleans (now POFQ)
Dixie Landings Plantation (before it became Port Orleans Riverside)
Pop Century
This August will be staying at AKV for first time

My favorite is Boardwalk - great location and I enjoy the area.
Least favorite tie between Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans (I just think the moderates are too big and too spread out).
Resort I'd like to try: Grand Floridian

I've stayed at:
Boardwalk inn
Boardwalk villas
Polynesian
Bay lake Tower
Pop century
All star sports
All star movies
Caribbean beach.

Favorite resort: Bay lake tower
We just love everything about BLT. After a cash stay here I decided to buy DVC last fall!
(Boardwalk inn/villas is a close second)

Least favorite: Polynesian
I'm not really sure why we don't like the poly as much as most people seem to, but for the money I would prefer to stay at any other deluxe. It just doesn't seem like a $400/night hotel to me (Unfortunately I have a family member who loves the poly so we end up staying there a good bit)

Contemporary Polynesian Yacht Club Boardwalk Villas Bay Lake Tower Saratoga Springs Beach Club Villas Animal Kingdom Lodge- Kidani Wilderness Lodge

Favorite?
1a. Boardwalk Villas: it is where I stayed when I started going to Disney again as an adult.

1b. Polynesian: it is the Disney resort of my youth.

I think wilderness Lodge and animal Kingdom Lodge are beautiful, and really enjoyed staying there, but probably won't again unless I have a car.

I'm a creature of habit, so when I find something I like, I usually stick to it. For me, that's the monorail resorts. I love the three of them and try to stay at one of them whenever I get the chance! I'm also not including DVC resort in ti list just cause the only ones of those I've stayed at are part of one of the hotels I've stayed at, so I wouldn't consider them two different resorts. That said, here's my list.

Grand Floridian
Contemporary (in the Tower)
Polynesian
Wilderness Lodge
Fort Wilderness (Cabins)
Yacht Club
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Port Orleans Riverside
Art of Animation
Pop Century

Eventually, I will get to all of them! I'm particularly interested in BW, Beach Club, and CBR. My sole favorite is GF (staying there in late May/early June!), but Polynesian and Contemporary (in the Tower) are close seconds.

I've stayed at all of them (including the Swan and Dolphin) except the Yacht Club.

Favorite: That's like picking a favorite child! We've love de erythema from the Values to the Deluxes. If I had to pick a favorite it would probably be Old Key West or Fort Wilderness because they feel like home.

Least Favorite: Again, we've liked them all, but if I had to pick I would say the Moderate resorts. While they are lovely and perfectly fine, I'd rather save the money and stay at a Value.

I have stayed at the following:
Grand Floridian
Contemporary
Caribbean Beach
Port Orleans Riverside (both as Dixie Landings and Riverside)
Port Orleans French Quarter
Coronado Springs
Yacht Club
Pop Century for the 1st time in 20 days

Favorite- Yacht Club.....I just loved everything about this (except the price ;)), close to EPCOT, watching Illuminations from our balcony, the room, it was just an awesome place to stay

Least Favorite- Caribbean Beach.....I just found the bus stops so far away from the buildings and the rooms far away from the main area and was just not as excited to stay here

Zero

And unless we hit lotto, odds are that # will not change :)

Only two so far for me. The Polynesian for my first on-property stay, then the Grand Floridian the next two times.

I still remember my first time at the GF - my mom & I went to WDW without my Dad for Super Soap Weekend (remember those?), and she knew I'd had my eye on the GF since the first time I saw it. But that trip, she told me we were staying at POR (which would have been totally fine by me). Still, the feeling when our little shuttle van pulled up at the GF instead and she said "Surprise!" . . . priceless!!! :thumbsup2 My dad was so jealous when we came home and raved about it that he insisted on staying at the GF next time we went.

All the other times I've been to WDW, I've stayed off-site. I can't choose a favorite between the Poly and GF, they're both beautiful in different ways. Next month, my husband and I are staying at the YC. Excited to try an Epcot resort!

Pop Century
All Star Sports
All Star Movies
Caribbean Beach
Coronado Springs
Port Orleans Riverside
Wilderness Lodge

Stayed at:

All star movies
All star music
Coronado springs
Caribbean beach
Polynesian
Beach Club
Wilderness Lodge

Our favorite is Polynesian- we have stayed numerous times:) Wilderness Lodge is a close second.

Least favorite is Coronado springs. The rooms were beautiful but it just wasn't for us- we missed the Disney vibe we get at the other Resorts.

We would like to try Port Orleans riverside.

Not interested in Grand Floridian or Pop at all!

We've stayed at:

Ft Wilderness (cabins once and campground twice)
Animal Kingdom Lodge once
Coronado springs (just me & DD)
Beach Club twice
Port Orleans French Quarter (just me & other DD)
going back to Coronado Springs solo in May.

Beach Club is our favorite as a family because of the location and pool.

Grand Slam--stayed at every Disney Resort! Favorite? Probably AKL for the theming.

Hard to beat the AoA suites for the family, though.

All Star Movies
All Star Music
All Star Sports
Pop Century
Carribean Beach
Dixie Landings
Port Orleans (French Quarter and Riverside)
Old Key West
Beach Club Villas
Boardwalk Villas
Saratoga Springs
Bay Lake Towers
Wilderness Lodge Villas
Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo)
Fort Wilderness Tent Camping (as a baby)

We stayed at AoA one night last December. That's the extent of our onsite stays. If the prices were lower we'd love to try any of the other resorts - especially the Poly. I'd also like to try the campsites.

We've stayed at:

All Star Music-B
Caribbean Beach-A-
Coronado Springs-B-
Disney Institute Villas-B-
Fort Wilderness Cabins-A
Polynesian-A+
Boardwalk Inn-A+

We've stayed at the Caribbean twice and love it almost as much as a Deluxe. Hard to choose between the Poly and Boardwalk...both GREAT resorts with perfect locations.

If we had rented a car(or even a golf cart) we would have enjoyed the Cabins at Fort Wilderness even more.

The Disney Institute was boring and very forgettable.

All Star Music actually was a better experience than Coronado Springs. Coronado is the only Resort I would have no desire to go back to unless there was a huge discount. Hate the layout. Awesome pool, though.;)

Stayed at:
Port Orleans Riverside
Caribbean Beach Resort
Boardwalk Inn

Have reservations for:
Wilderness Lodge
Contemporary Resort
Grand Floridian

So far, all the ones I have stayed at except Caribbean Beach Resort, I liked. CBR felt out dated, and dingy. The grounds and buildings I liked, however once you stepped inside it was another story.

Stayed at:
All-Star Movies
Pop Century
Art of Animation
Port Orleans
Fort Wilderness Cabins
Dolphin
Boardwalk Inn & DVC
Contemporary Garden Wing & Tower
Wilderness Lodge
Animal Kingdom Lodge DVC

Least Favorite - All Star Movies
Favorite - Wilderness Lodge
Want to Stay at - Beach Club

I forgot my "wish list":

Would some day love to stay at

Animal Kingdom Lodge
Art Of Animation Suites
Port Orleans FQ
Port Orleans Riverside
Yaht And Beach Club
Grand Floridian
Contemporary
Bay Lake Towers

:hyper:

Stayed at:

CBR - 2004
POFQ - 2007
WL - 2008
POR - 2009 (solo trip)
Poly - 2010
CSR - 2010 (solo trip) and 2012
Booked at POR for May.

My favorite is a tie between the Poly and WL, but the only one I haven't liked is CBR.

On the list for next trip: BC, YC, or AKL.

Stayed at:
Pop Century
All Star Sports
Port Orleans Riverside

My favorite is POFQ. It's small, and I like the theming. My least favorite was Pop Century. It was way too crowded!

I would like to stay at Coronado Springs...it looks really nice. However I have heard it is huge and spread out and I don't know if I would like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter