Skipper Canteen (Jungle Cruise themed restaurant) updates and ADR watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read some messages claiming it would be counter service part of the day, which were incorrect. It apparently will be table service all day.
Initial rumors thought it would be QS or Lunch and TS for Dinner. It will be TS for lunch and dinner tho.

Had lunch today with fulltime CM who works in MK, was one of those invited and attended the preview and who's friend is working there. We talked briefly about it and she said at the preview there were signs spread throughout the restaurant that showed the items on the menu. She said if they are using all those then there will be more than has been described on websites, more meat options, tofu and gf dishes. All TS and appeared that the menu will stay the same throughout the day. Told no alcohol. She liked the one she had but others did not like theirs. The CM who works there said that once they started training it all seem rushed and not fine tuned, and so far they don't feel like the plan has come together. While hope was to be open by now they don't feel it's ready but sounds like they may go ahead and open it anyway....

It really sounded like the overall CM feedback was not what they hoped for so CMs who work there are not even sure what is going to happen next. She really expected to know opening date since plan was to be open already. When the CMs who are going to work there are not sure .... :confused3

Had lunch today with fulltime CM who works in MK, was one of those invited and attended the preview and who's friend is working there. We talked briefly about it and she said at the preview there were signs spread throughout the restaurant that showed the items on the menu. She said if they are using all those then there will be more than has been described on websites, more meat options, tofu and gf dishes. All TS and appeared that the menu will stay the same throughout the day. Told no alcohol. She liked the one she had but others did not like theirs. The CM who works there said that once they started training it all seem rushed and not fine tuned, and so far they don't feel like the plan has come together. While hope was to be open by now they don't feel it's ready but sounds like they may go ahead and open it anyway....

It really sounded like the overall CM feedback was not what they hoped for so CMs who work there are not even sure what is going to happen next. She really expected to know opening date since plan was to be open already. When the CMs who are going to work there are not sure .... :confused3

With this info it is even more baffling to me that they would rush an opening during the busiest time of the year. Considering that people going already have their plans made and would be giving up hard to come by ADR's in many cases to try this out, I think it is a supremely foolish decision for them to open before they are ready.

With this info it is even more baffling to me that they would rush an opening during the busiest time of the year. Considering that people going already have their plans made and would be giving up hard to come by ADR's in many cases to try this out, I think it is a supremely foolish decision for them to open before they are ready.
I disagree. Guests are always extremely disappointed when they walk up to Liberty Tree Tavern and are told not only are there no reservations left to get for there for the rest of the day and evening, but no full service reservations to be had anywhere in the park. I've had this happen to me and have also seen it happen to others. It is something that seems to first time guests as a very huge error that Disney made and of course Disney makes that error at least a hundred days a year, probably a lot more. Being able to serve more guests dinner has a very high priority.

By the way, Skipper Canteen is not yet in the ADR system this morning.

Why do you hope this isn't true? If it is open to walk-ups in December, and you will be there in December, then you have the same chance of getting in as everyone else in the park that day. In fact, you are guaranteed to be able to eat there as long as you are prepared to put your name on the list and wait. But the minute ADRs become available, your chances of dining there decrease. The only people who will be able to dine there once ADRs open up are the people lucky enough to snag one, and there is no guarantee that you will be one of those people. Just like with BoG. Once ADRs opened up for that, it became nearly impossible to get one. ADRs are convenient for planning purposes. But in terms of maximizing your chances of getting in to the restaurant, "walk-ups only" is the way to go.

The problem is that I have an ADR at LTT that day, so if I do a walk up at Skipper it would be too late for me to cancel my ADR. I don't want to pay the fine.

No alcohol. Why I don't eat TS at the MK! On vacation, I may want a glass or two of wine with my dinner (or lunch).
Glad that's cleared up. I won't bother probably.

Because people won't have time to cancel an ADR to walk-up without penalty in the busiest season, the walk-ups being served will be the people most grateful to find a dining option, and probably the least discriminating audience who won't eviscerate the Mouse so hard.

Because they're the people who didn't do ADRs, which is usually a sign of something. To not ADR for late December is either folly or ignorance.

I was at MK yesterday and the entire building where the skippers is
Going is a total construction zone. Doesn't look anywhere near ready. When was it supposed to open?

This was in the thread from yesterday where skuppies got ran over by grandma. Anyone at MK today? Upload a photo or something.

Go look at the thread about walk-ups. An awesome Diser posted pics of the menu. Can't say i'm as excited about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter