Site help

serenitygr

2021: trip number six to the Fort!!
We currently have a premium site booked for Christmas of 2013. We upgraded from preferred because our rv is pretty big plus we really want to be close to the meadows pool. Now I just read that premium sites don't have a sand pad, and our 2 older sons are planning to stay in a tent
during our stay. What is our best options to all you fort veterans? :-)

when see stayed across from the pool, it was crushed shell. 2006 In dec 2010 - prefferred site the ground crews were putting sand around the outside of the sites loop 200/300. not sure how they are now.

From a camping perspective an air mattress / themrorest is always an extra nice addition. No I would consider this a MUST. 1) teh ground is harder after a long day walking around the world 2)the is even harder when it is cold. During our '10 trip I spent two weeks in a familey tent on a cot (fam. was in the RV) temps got down to mid to lower 30. Wifes down bag did wonderful.

Also from a preparation - and extension cord and florescent light (work shop light @ HD or Lowes that has a protective cover $20-$30 ) is nice as it gets dark early 5PM or so.

Golf Cart ressies are good, check out Kenny at tee Time. A+ ops.

Pizza and Chicken at trails end.

Hi serenitygr! :wave2:

No the premiums don't have a sand pad.

If you want to be close to the pool/Meadow Trading Post/Campfire singalong area, I would suggest the 1600 which is a Full loop.

Specifically, the sites 1630-1640 are nearest the Comfort Station shared with the 1500 loop (which is the part of 1600 closest to the pool area).

I posted pictures and measurements of 1634 and 1638 in this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2901476

This section is close to the main road but then again, hey, it's the kids in the tent and not you grownups. The bus noise won't bother them - they're young, right? :rotfl2:

Bama ED

PS - switch to a Full site and add a request to be close to the pool and/or the 1500 Comfort Station.

there are some tents that are not dependent upon staking, if you can just use some cots.

We are checking in to Fort Wilderness on February 3rd. We are staying with some friends in their motorhome. They have a 36 foot motorhome with 4 slide outs. I am trying to find the best loop to stay in that would put us closest to the beach, restaurants, store, transportation, etc. There will be 4 adults and our 11 year-old daughter. We would like a premium campsite I think. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! We are so excited. We are coming from Northern Indiana and hoping and praying for warmer weather. We were at the Fort in 2010 and that was the year of the cold snap that dipped all the way to Florida. :( Hoping we don't have a repeat this year.:cutie:

:thanks:Thank you everyone! I'm a little worried about getting a site that's big enough- our motorhome is 40 feet. We are planning to get a golf cart, and maybe even a rental car, at least for part of our trip. We'll be there 13 days. I haven't got the tent yet, but am hoping to get something big enough for two eleven year old boys to have their own "space"- not just to sleep in but also to hang out in. Then they can get away from their younger siblings. And probably their parents. :goodvibes

Bama Ed- you are awesome and should receive an award for all the help you give people on here! I have to figure out how to look at the sights from that link you posted.

Oh- we are also thinking about bringing 2 of our little dogs, but won't know that until this summer when we see how they do on some shorter local camping trips. So where does all this leave us for loops? Remembering that we want to be as close as possible to the meadows pool and a comfort station....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter