Sick Cat

Playing is a very good sign she is feeling better. Sometimes whatever the issue might have been to begin with, her normal antibodies do take care of things, just like in humans.

Playing is a very good sign she is feeling better. Sometimes whatever the issue might have been to begin with, her normal antibodies do take care of things, just like in humans.

Yeah, she's definitely not like she was, so I'm not super concerned. She has been licking more though, and I think she may need her flea medicine, which the vet has been out of. You can only get the one I prefer through them, but I may have to just get some Frontline or something.

And, yeah, she's eating! She's eating again as I type this - I sometimes call her the "truffle pig" because she likes to sniff around and can certainly scarf some food! As long as she's eating more like this, I am less worried.

Kidney funcion has alawsys been my biggest concern. These kids are great at hiding these concerns still hoping for the best outcome!

Last edited:
Kidney funcion has alawsys been my biggest concern. These kids are great at hiding these concerns still hoping for the beer outcome!

Hopefully the urinanalysys will show if there is any issue here. I called earlier, but the vet was in surgery. She is definitely not showing decreased appetite at this moment though!

We used to have three cats there when I was a teen in the 1990's, we had to get rid of a black and white cat due to that cat using the restroom in the wrong places and scratching and tearing up furniture.

We used to have three cats there when I was a teen in the 1990's, we had to get rid of a black and white cat due to that cat using the restroom in the wrong places and scratching and tearing up furniture.
One of my girls just started pooping in random places around the house. She still pees in the liter box so it's not making sense to me. I did change liter and added some crystals to the mix and I think she doesn't like it, so I ordered some liter for cats with sensitive paws to see if it eliminates the issue...but she does use it for urine, so this is a long shot. She is 14 years old.

She's really keyed up about something this morning - meowing at me but doesn't want treats. She seems energetic though. I think it's because I'm running the washing machine - the noise freaks her out. She's still eating very well though!

Last edited:

She's really keyed up about something this morning - meowing at me but doesn't want treats. She seems energetic though. I think it's because I'm running the washing machine - the noise freaks her out. She's still eating very well though!
Sounds super encouraging! As fur baby parents, we sure worry a lot!

Okay, so I guess urinalysis takes a while, but I finally got some results and it looks pretty good. She was maybe slightly dehydrated when I took the sample, but I had still been concerned around that time. At this point she is acting so much better, well enough that I have cancelled the untrasound and am much less concerned. She's still a little low energy, but that may just be because it's 100 degress outside! I am very releived, but will keep an eye on her.

I appreciate everyone's support and well wishes in this thread. It helped keep me a little sane to just talk it through sometimes. Here's a nice loaf for you all:

loaf.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Brian,
It might be that your cat might have a sensitive stomach and certain foods might not agree with her. I know this because my cat sometimes eats certain cat food but he gets a bad reaction when he eats certain cat foods. Some types of cat foods to avoid are cat foods that have vegetables or broth and go easy on cat food with turkey or liver because that can really cause a stomach problem with your cat. Also be sure to see if your cat food has furball remedies in it too because if the cat food has that it can also cause a bad reaction to your cat's stomach too. Because when I feed my cat we always check if the food has furball remedies in it and when he eats it sometimes gives him stomachaches too. And a last thing you should do is check your house for dust balls or dust itself because if a cat eats it it can cause stomach problems as well
Hope this advice helps you and hope your cat feels much better
Dodger

Okay, so I guess urinalysis takes a while, but I finally got some results and it looks pretty good. She was maybe slightly dehydrated when I took the sample, but I had still been concerned around that time. At this point she is acting so much better, well enough that I have cancelled the untrasound and am much less concerned. She's still a little low energy, but that may just be because it's 100 degress outside! I am very releived, but will keep an eye on her.

I appreciate everyone's support and well wishes in this thread. It helped keep me a little sane to just talk it through sometimes. Here's a nice loaf for you all:

View attachment 679048
I find my cat’s activity level goes in cycles. He can sleep the days away for a few days and then have days where he runs around like a missal. They have their own rhythms and follow their instincts.

I’m glad she seems better. ☺️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!