Should I swap from SBP to WP?

Summer-Caitlin

DIS Veteran
I have spoken to Tanis to ask whether or not there is anyone getting married at The WP at the same time as us. I originally did this as I want to have photos at The GF, so I needed to make sure I wouldn't bump into another bride while there. There isn't anyone getting married there until later that afternoon. So now I have been considering moving to The WP. I love the look of the place, the location and the fact it's air conditioned. The only thing is I love the look of SBP, it is just beautiful. I think the fact I'm getting married in summer though is worrying me, I'm really concerned we'll all be too hot. It would cost another $950 to move to The WP, which I think is a bit to extravagent, I mean how can I justify that for an hour ceremony?
Can anyone give any advice on this or put my mind at ease about the heat? We are getting married at 10.00am Aug 20th.

At 10am im sure you will be fine!! My actual ceremony lasted about 45 mins! A bit longer if you include all the processionals (seating of the parents/bridesmaids etc) You are also shaded from the sun in most of SBP!

I agree $950 is a lot more! But personally i prefer SBR, its such a beautiful romantic location!

We really battled with this decision as well, we decided on the WP. SBP was our other choice. SBP is beautiful but it is August and I was worried about the heat...we are getting married at 2:30. Also I was very concerned about the logistics of getting to the gazebo...it was important to me that DF not see me before I was walking down the aisle. Walking down the boardwalk in the heat in full wedding gear didn't appeal to me, nor did having all the looky lous taking a peak.

The extra cost was worth it to us, everyone has their own reasons for site location. Good luck!

I dont know for me.. I LOVE the WP. thats where I am having mine... But if you are having it at 10am you will be fine... 2pm would be the hottest...Then I would suggest to relocate... But they are both Beautiful locations

Summer- I got married at SBP a month ago at 10 am, and it was VERY hot! However, I did not notice the heat at all during the actual ceremony. It was during pictures before and after the ceremony that I was uncomfortable. Now, you're going to have pictures outside anyway so you will be hot :cool2: IMHO, it is not worth that money to move to the WP. SBP was great! I loved the idea of saying my vows outside in a gazebo, so romantic :cloud9: I was thrilled w/ my wedding ceremony location and I'm sure you will be too, no matter what you choose :wizard:

Summer- I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!

Ok, really, I LOVE SBP, that was my fav choice and it is really beautiful. (I told this story before, but...)
Last year when my parents came with me to visit the locations the luv bugs were on the attack- they were everywhere. That day it was also very humid (we went in early September)...long story short, my parents said that they understood why I loved SBP but they thought that the WP would be much more convinient for my guests in case of rain, humidity and/or bugs.
...so I changed the location for peace of mind. Nothing against the WP, I think its beautiful, and it does give me peace of mind that I won't have to worry about my guests comfort, music, weather, or random people walking by watching the wedding (that makes me uncomfortable...)
But SBP is great for Pics...so I guess you should consider all these factors and then make a decision on what you prefer...

You won't have a large gathering so in this case try to imagine how you'll feel outside with your dress and the 2 other guests (your mom and your df, right?)

Hope that helps!!!

Summer,

I say go with your initial decision. You chose SBP for a reason, and it's hard not to second guess things when you're this close. For me, I was obsessing about all my ADRs at this point. I think it'll be perfect at SBP :cloud9:

Summer, I have been struggling with the same thing. I am very worried with the heat. But we will only be out there for a short time. I didnt know that once you signed the contract and BEO that you could change. I may have been swayed if I had known that! But I am happy with my choice. SBP seems much more personal.

I think it depends on the style you have in mind for your wedding and your own personal preferences. I found the WP to be beautiful but overdone (just my personal opinion for my wedding!) where as SBP was more casual and old world romantic. I don't think you'll be too hot at 10 am and keep in mind that you are under shade and they will set out a water station for your guests. :)

I totally know what you are going through!
We had originally book SBP. I was so set on having our ceremony there but when I found out that the WP was open I switched. I thought that I made my decision too fast so I switched back to SBP. I love they way it looks and I just kept telling myself that it was perfect, and I need to stick with my original choice. Well 2 mths after that I switched it back to the WP again (had to change the time though) After we changed it I started thinking about the price and well it didn't sit to well with me, but 3wks later the whole money issue left. I have no more regrets about choosing the WP. I think that it's kinda like the MK shoot, some people like to spend the extra money, and others don't. It doesn't mean that some are better than others, it just means that everyone has their own styles. Which is what makes everyone's wedding so unique. I'm sure whatever you decide you will have a beautiful day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter