Should I buy tickets for only 1/2day?

LindaY

Earning My Ears
I’m trying to decide if I should add a 5th day of tickets for only 1/2 day? Our flight home leaves at 6:00pm. There is 7 of us. If we decide to just stay at the resort and swim will that be ok with the resort and will there be a place to change? We are staying at the Yacht Club.

Tough choice. I would add the 5th day if it is in the budget but staying at the YC is a great option as well since it has a really nice pool. The deciding factor for me would be whether the weather will be nice enough for a pool day. You have access to resort all day and can use the pool facilities to change.

Your ME bus will likely pick you up between 2:30 and 3:00, so you'll want to be back in plenty of time. If you're going to add another park day, I'd spend it at Epcot or HS since you won't have to rely on bus transportation to get back to YC in time. I was in a similar situation on my most recent trip (staying at YC with a later flight, not sure what to do). Ultimately I spent a few hours at Disney Springs before coming back to the resort. I had lunch at Hurricane Hanna's at watched my football game.

Not sure what time of year you are going, but we added the 5th day (well, we got a 4 day + 5th day free) b/c we were at Dolphin and wanted to go into Epcot one more time for a last ride on Test Track and lunch at F&W booths. We only had 9 - 1 to be in the park, but it worked out great and a great way to end the trip. We also used an Uber back to the airport. We didn't get ME this trip, but we would have done Uber no matter what to spend more time at the park.

My flight was at 3PM this last trip at YC and we went into Epcot. Even just a few hours gives you a little more Disney.

I think I would want to go to MK to finish off the trip (I really like starting and finishing there). You could set the money aside and add the extra day on the last day if you want to go to a park the next day.

I would also vote for half day at parks. They will have changing facilities at your hotel, but then you’re stuck with a wet bathing suit and in my case wet hair for the flight back.

We always try to go for a few hours to do 3 fastpasses on arrival and departure days since it’s not very expensive to add a day or two.

$105 (15*7) gets you -dry clothes- fun for the morning. I would pick Epcot for that morning to reduce time wasted on buses or friendship boats. 2nd pick would be HS. Like others mentioned, it is also a good opportunity to get a FP for a different tier 1 ride.

The add on cost to add a day is a bargain. So, even if you don't get a full day it's fine.

I agree with previous poster to choose Epcot or Hollywood Studios. It will be much easier to exit from these parks.

Thanks, that is very helpful. I’m thinking maybe we will go HS that day since there is not a lot we want to do there anyway.

I would definitely go for the extra 1/2 day. The cost is small compared to what you have already invested. It’s Disney, get up early. Sleep when you get home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter