Should I buy a stroller rain cover?

cdhale

Mouseketeer
Going in mid-August with my city mini. It has a great canopy, but still leaves a little of the seat exposed. Is it worth it to get a cover, or too much of a hassle?

Thanks!

Get a cover.

We borrowed one from a friend with the same stroller for our last trip. The ONE day we left it in the car, it was so wet and nasty that AK closed around noon.

Yes, but don't spend a ton of money. We bought a clear shower curtain liner from Ikea and a couple larger clips (bigger than a clothes pins) from the dollar store. It rolled up nicely and we could cover the entire stroller very easily and we tossed it when we left. With the canopy and the curtain over the stroller our dd had plenty of breathing room and did not feel as encased as she would have with the actual stroller cover. We used it every day we were in disney. When hot in use we rolled it up and clipped it too the stroller. Just another note we bought a clip fan at CVS that we clipped inside the stroller. It had foam blades so she could touch it all she wanted. It was like $6. She used this during the rain too and we had so many people stop and ask where we got the fan. Have fun! We will be a couple weeks behind you first time back since 2009.

Yes, but keep your receipt. But you know if you don't there will be a monsoon and if you do it won't rain! One year we didn't need one and the next we did.

Yes it rains all of the time in August and you never know when it is coming. Sometimes you park the stroller and go on a ride with the weather being beautiful and you come out and find out it poured while you were inside. One trip someone stole the cover off my stroller at HS. We got a poncho to use for the rest of the trip, but it wasn't the same.

Absolutely. But see if you can find a used one or borrow one. There are also stroller rental services that usually include them for a no extra charge.

Yes, but keep your receipt. But you know if you don't there will be a monsoon and if you do it won't rain! One year we didn't need one and the next we did.

I agree. Your little one will love you for it as you wheel them about in the downpours. Also agree with keeping the receipt, because the tear easy. Keep a spare poncho from the dollar store and clips too.

YES!! I learned this the hard way years ago when mine were little. We knew it was going to rain, but it stormed and the poncho I used to cover the stroller blew off like everyone else's did. I looked over and saw a stroller with a stroller cover on it, and I thought to myself then that I would never come back without one. We just took my 21 month old grandson to disney last month and we used the cover once, but I had it with me everyday.

The City Mini rain cover is awesome, and it can help you differentiate your stroller from others. I'm actually thinking about bringing our City Mini Single rather than our Joovy Caboose, because we already have the rain cover. I didn't buy it specifically for Disney though.
I'm having a hard time justifying $40 for a rain cover for the Joovy, since we don't live in Korea anymore, so I probably won't get a ton of use out of it regularly.
That said, it was really awesome to have a rain cover for our stroller when we went to RenFest last year. It ended up pouring, and we kept the kids dry.

Yes, get the rain cover. We had a rain cover for our maclaren and DH didn't put it on before we went in to meet Mickey on Mainstreet. 40 minutes later we came out to find that it was pouring and going sideways and there was our stroller full of water.

We bought one for our Citi Mini this past April, and never used it....still haven't. But I'm going to make it a point to do so, because we spent the money...lol

Yes, in August in rains a lot. The City Mini cover is great. We have a City Mini and a cover. We just keep the cover folded in the back of the stroller, you never know when you will need in FL especially in August.

We have one for our B Agile. I bought the one made for the stroller instead of a shower curtain and clips. It is really fitted (I assume the City Mini would be the same) so the rain stays out and it stays on in the wind without clips. To me, it was worth the extra money.

absolutely yes. We rent and get the rain cover. It rained every day last year in June and that rain cover was a God send since my kids did not want to get wet. It started raining on us one night during Illuminations. After it was over, we put the cover on as it started to get heavier and we and everyone else left the park. It sure was quiet from inside the stroller. Once we got to the car, we realized the kids were asleep all cozy and dry in the stroller.

Definitely get one...We use the Jeep premium cover and it fits on most umbrella type strollers. I think it was about 15 bucks on amazon.

We have a city mini and got this cover: http://www.amazon.com/Jeep-Deluxe-S...438032667&sr=8-1&keywords=jeep+stroller+cover

If the skies got dark, we'd pop it on and roll up the front part until it actually rained or we left the stroller. I liked it because it has the breathable sides if it was raining, it covered the stroller (even if reclined), kiddo toes and items in the basket. It also came with it's own little bag that was actually big enough to accommodate a refolded cover.

Agreed. The canopy will do nothing in a real rainstorm. Last year we went into BOG with the just the canopy down. When we came out we discovered it had poured. Guess who spent the afternoon "break" at the resort running everything we owned through the dryer and blow drying the stroller seat?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter