SHHHHH!!!!! It's A Surprise Wedding!!!

I love you bachelor party!! That is soo cute. Can't wait for more!!popcorn::

PS I 'm getting fat eating all this popcorn. You'll have to post more soon.

Well, there is no other way to say that we were up early...and I mean early...I went for my usual early morning run at about 4:45am. There wasn't a soul around, just some of the deck crew. Neither one of us could sleep - and with that we were both worried that we would look tired in the wedding photos.

We had ordered room service for breakfast knowing that there was no way we could get the kids to eat and get back to the room in time. It was like ordering for a football team. There were 2 servers bringing the food. I love Disney.

Anyway...It was my task to shower/bathe and otherwise prepare the children for the wedding...This was no small task. The older children do a pretty good job in the shower, so thats where they ended up...The little one got a bath and thought that it was playtime...Does he not know that mommy and daddy are on a tight schedule? Ok kid knock it off there is a wedding happening here...Oh, so you don't know where my DW is? Well, she is at an early (0715) hair appointment in the spa. No, I didn't know they opended that early either...But yes, I was alone with the kids and she was preparing her hair.

Now where did I pack the Xanax (no I don't take it, just kidding). The kids were a definate challenge. Of course the usual rules apply...Stay off of the floor, don't get dirty and no you can't have fruit juice. Ya right, like they even have a clue about what I am talking about.

My ever forward thinking friends decided that I would probably need help...How right they were. The kids were dressed and ready to go, but daddy hadn't even taken a shower, shaved or anything. Someone get these kids out of here (and don't let them get dirty). The guests were instructed to meet in the lobby by guest services at 9:15. If anyone was late, oh well, too bad, so sad... Lucy took the kids and I was able to get dressed. My DW returned from the spa, looking great as usual. And no it wasn't bad luck to see her before the wedding, hell we are already married...

She put her dress on and I was stunned. She was an angel...I wanted to keep her to myself, but today I had to share with our guests and the other cruisers that would see her...

I went to deck 4 and met the rest of the guests and said, "so everyone surprised?" I think they were thrilled with the whole idea. And my mom was more worried about the cost...I had to laugh...If she only knew about the Cristal!!!

Rodrigo, our wedding coordinator led us to the gangway and pushed us all through. We loaded up onto the golf carts (what a way to travel to the beach). The 3 carts headed off to the wedding location...

Now, can you say PANIC MODE!!!!! There were some dark clouds hanging around and I could hear on the radio that they were predicting rain in 30 minutes...:eek: My DW is going to die! Please dear God don't let it rain, not today...It can for the rest of the cruise, but not today. I think someone up there loved me that day, the clouds soon passed and the day was great.

We arrived at the location and believe me, we couldn't have picked a more WONDERful location...It was beautiful. We had some unexpected guests watching from their beach chairs and that was fun. They offered me a morning cocktail, I politely declined...

Rodrigo returned to the ship to get my bride...She arrived in a golf cart adorned with tropical flowers. Again, here was my angel...I think everyone was stunned...

The ceremony was simple, sweet and very well done...I can honestly tell you that I don't remember alot of it...I was too busy looking at my DW...the kids led the way by walking in first...The older kids basically sprinted down the isle...My youngest loved being the center of attention and walked all the way down to daddy. He was so cute...

The minister from the Bahamas was very nice and did a great job...Had a little trouble with the ethnic names, but was great anyway...After some photos of our merry group of teary eyed, surprised guests, they headed back to Palo for our reception.
STA_7657.jpg

STA_7604.jpg

STA_7594.jpg

STA_7602.jpg

STA_7671.jpg

We stayed behind for more photos...

STA_7597.jpg

STA_7644.jpg

STA_7648.jpg

We happend to bump into several friends along our photo journey...Including Mozart as we were headed down the "runway" for another location...And yes that was the photo you all saw earlier...It was too funny to see him and his wife on their bikes, practically waiting for us...

STA_7694.jpg

There were others we saw along the way...
STA_7701.jpg

STA_7704.jpg

It was like being in a parade...It was great fun and a blur at the same time...Everyone clapping and wishing us well...Truly a Fairytale Wedding.

Next stop...The reception....

Finally to the good part popcorn:: worth the wait. Loved all the pics especially you and your sons' in matching suits too cute:cutie: - Let the party begin:cool1: :banana:

OMG!! That photo of your little guy leaning against the tree holding the ring pillow...priceless! I got teary eyed when I saw that one!

I've been eagerly waiting w/everyone else. popcorn:: Love the photos!!

Congrats!!!!

the kids are sooooooooooo cute. Your wife is a stunner. And you ain't so bad yourself.:thumbsup2
They are all beautiful pictures, but my fave is your son against the tree. terrific shot!!
I wish you and your beautiful family all the best in the world.

Absolutely worth the wait. Congratulations, Kim and Joel. Love all the pics especially the Mickey and Jack Sparrow ones - so Disney. Truly a magical day.

Congratulations and Thank you so much for sharing
love all the photos but the one of your DS under the tree is wonderful

Simply STUNNING!

I'm so sad we didn't see you all that day. What a terrific story and a beautiful family. WOW!

I hope you go to enjoy the island on our bonus day the next day.

Congrats to you all.

Ok....

I'm crying.... :cloud9:

& I don't cry at things very much...

That was simply beautiful!!!

(and you do realize that we were all at home sipping bubbly (ok, in my case it was ginger ale...) and toasting you!!!)

Wow!

How beautiful your bride is and how wonderful to hear and see that everything went so well!

Joel, I've said it before, you are a great romantic!

Thank you for continuing to share your beautiful love story with all of us!

WOW!
I'm here at 5:48 am and I'm crying over these wonderful photo's. My spouse better be taking notes for our 20th!
Thanks for sharing, Joel. It was well worth the wait!

<whew> I teared up too!

Gimme a tissue Tito (Tink)

What a beautiful, amazing wedding!

Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

You have a stunning family!

Finally to the good part popcorn:: worth the wait. Loved all the pics especially you and your sons' in matching suits too cute:cutie: - Let the party begin:cool1: :banana:

Yes - loved the matching suits. :goodvibes Everyone looked absolutely fantastic!!!!!! How wonderful. Thank you for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter