Sherie's PJ - WP/White Hall Room/GF Marina Patio - Invitations

I don't even like cake and I am now wishing I had a cake tasting! LOL

You don't like cake! :eek: When we were at Disney, I ate cake almost everyday! Now that is not good for the diet.

I was wondering, you probably aren't allowed to take your bouquet off the ship, right? Are you going to have another bouquet made for your MK photos?
My wedding is on October 30 and my pictures are on the 9th so my flowers will not look so good! I am deciding whether or not I should have a new bouquet made (that will be alot of money and I will be going to the airport right after), if I should use one of their silk bouquets or I should go with no flowers?

Wow, look at all that cake! Hm... maybe I should request some special flavours, too. More cake to go around! I'm probably more excited about the cake tasting than I should be. It's sad really.

It sounds like you had a successful trip! Congratulations, I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

Wow, look at all that cake! Hm... maybe I should request some special flavours, too. More cake to go around! I'm probably more excited about the cake tasting than I should be. It's sad really.

It sounds like you had a successful trip! Congratulations, I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

I was most excited about the cake tasting too. It was kind of embarrassing when Ken said he wasn't sure if I was getting ALL the cake and fillings that I had requested. The trip was successful, now I just have to wait for the BEO.

My wedding is on October 30 and my pictures are on the 9th so my flowers will not look so good! I am deciding whether or not I should have a new bouquet made (that will be alot of money and I will be going to the airport right after), if I should use one of their silk bouquets or I should go with no flowers?

I bought a fake bouquet for my Magic Kingdom photo shoot for $25 from this website, and I think it looks great!

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/si1.html

IMG_4928.jpg

this takes me back to our planning session, cant wait for more, love the new mad hatter cake in francks

Your hair looks wonderful! I think the style is really pretty. I don't remember -- have posted whether you are wearing a veil? If so, will it attach under the bun in the back? You must have been so thrilled to see how pretty your hair looked from every angle! :)

Your hair looks wonderful! I think the style is really pretty. I don't remember -- have posted whether you are wearing a veil? If so, will it attach under the bun in the back? You must have been so thrilled to see how pretty your hair looked from every angle! :)

Thanks Cam, I am not going to wear a veil or a tiara. The woman in the bridal store insisted I try one on because she thought once I saw it on I would really want one but I didn't. I might have them put in some clips that have crystals on the end of them.

I am very excited! The dress is suppose to come in the first week in August and I will go for alterations shortly after. Hopefully, I can get some pictures then. I thought I would have been able to take pictures after they knew I was buying it. :confused3 but they said they have had problems with people taking close up pictures of dresses and someone trying to make sketches so they could copy them.

That's so ridiculous! My SIL had the same problem and I'm going to the same place to get mine because of the service but it's kind of sad because you can't post a pic of you in the dress. :sad2:

your hair looks great! I don't mean this in a negative way but I would go for a straighter bun. I think it would look more elegant with the style of dress you have :goodvibes

your hair looks great! I don't mean this in a negative way but I would go for a straighter bun. I think it would look more elegant with the style of dress you have :goodvibes

By straighter, do you mean more like a traditional type bun so my hair isn't all over the place? :) This is what I have been thinking. Ana was giving it more of a modern look.

That's so ridiculous! My SIL had the same problem and I'm going to the same place to get mine because of the service but it's kind of sad because you can't post a pic of you in the dress. :sad2:

I thought the same thing. The people in the store were so nice and the service was very good. But come on.... I paid a deposit on the dress and it was obvious that I wasn't going to try to copy it. Oh well, 5 more months until I see it again.

Long time lurker just joinging in the posting. Everthing looks great. I think your hair looks really nice the way it is in the pictures, but you should make sure that it is what YOU want!

As for the flowers, I thinks carrie's idea is great. It is SO much cheaper than going with Disney, and the pictures are far away, so you wouln't see the flowers really well anyway. I am making silk floral boquets for my BMs because that will cost me about $50 for all three at the most while going through Disney was going to be (hold onto something) almost $600 for what I wanted! :scared1: Mine aren't perfect, but they will work. I really think that going cheap and fake is the way to go for the photo shoot!

Looking forward to more :surfweb:

Long time lurker just joinging in the posting. Everthing looks great. I think your hair looks really nice the way it is in the pictures, but you should make sure that it is what YOU want!

As for the flowers, I thinks carrie's idea is great. It is SO much cheaper than going with Disney, and the pictures are far away, so you wouln't see the flowers really well anyway. I am making silk floral boquets for my BMs because that will cost me about $50 for all three at the most while going through Disney was going to be (hold onto something) almost $600 for what I wanted! :scared1: Mine aren't perfect, but they will work. I really think that going cheap and fake is the way to go for the photo shoot!

Looking forward to more :surfweb:

$600 wow! Then silk does sound like the way to go, especially for the photo shoot when I am only go to use the flowers for an hour. Some of the silk flowers look real and you wouldn't be able to tell in photos.

We met Ken for the menu tasting but first went to take a look at the White Hall Room. This isn't how it looked when we saw it. People were moving DJ equipment and tables so I couldn't really get any good pictures. Ken is going to email me some.

WhitehallRoom-1.jpg

The patio. This is what the Grand Floridian Banquet chairs look like.

DSC02330-1.jpg

Next, we went into the Grand Floridian kitchen. The kitchen was much larger than I thought it would be and there were a few conventions going on so the chefs were hard at work. There was a sign that had Congratulations Alex and Sherie on it which I thought was nice.

DSC02337-1-1.jpg

Napkin folds

DSC02334-1-1.jpg

The first thing we tried was the mushroom pasta. I do not have a picture but it was ravioli stuffed with mushroom covered in a vegetable broth. It was very good and wasn't heavy.

My favourite

DSC02338-1-1.jpg

On the menu I chose, it had shrimp cocktail on it. I do not like cold shrimp so I asked if they could make a hot shrimp appetizer. They made jasmine rice with shrimp in a malibu rum and curry sauce. It was excellent. The curry wasn't too strong and the coconut wasn't too sweet.

Caesar Salad

DSC02339-2.jpg

The salad was very good.

Raspberry Champagne Sorbet

DSC02341-2.jpg

DSC02340-2.jpg

I wasn't considering having sorbet until I saw it. It was delicious!

To be continued......

Beef in a demi-wine sauce and parmesan crusted chicken and mushroom sauce with dauphinoise potatoes

DSC02342-2.jpg

The beef was excellent and so was the demi-wine sauce. We tried the blackberry demi as well but it was a bit too sweet. The parmesan chicken was okay but I thought it was heavy and so was the mushroom sauce. We loved the potatoes!

Cinderella Slipper

DSC02346-1.jpg

The chocolate mousse was quite rich and was good with the raspberry sauce. I thought it was white chocolate mousse in the slipper but it is whipped cream. It was very good!

We decided the final menu will be:

- Shrimp or Italian Wedding Soup
- Caesar Salad
- Raspberry Champage (Slipper or Flower depending on the budget)
- Beef in demi-wine sauce and a seared chicken breast with a pinot grigio sauce
- Wedding Cake

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter