Sharks, Castaway Cay????

Think that one is good:
Checkout this article of Great White off PC:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/.../florida-great-white-shark-sighting/95752546/

A 14' Great White is small if it's female, but just above average for a male. That's nice, but not as nice as the one Truck1 posted, because you get to see her completely within her environment. They're so huge but graceful. The perfect machine. I've loved sharks, and Great Whites in particular, since I can remember.

"Not something you want to see..." was the quote from the charter spokesperson, and that's the problem with some fishermen. You *do* want to see Great Whites and other sharks. They're usually indicative of a healthy fish population. Thankfully most are changing their tune and the Great White has been rebounding in the Atlantic. I know I would be ecstatic if I had a Great White on the hook, but would be adamant that it be released quickly.

She's absolutely gorgeous.

Yes she is. Theres a strong supposition that that's Katherine, the great white that keeps showing up off the Fl coast almost yearly. Theres was a 2nd gw sighting off PC last year. Someone caught it on video not too far from where the latest was found. I work pt in a dive shop on I Drive, and I was working the day the video I posted was found. Several of us were talking about diving with gw, and its like the Mt Everest of diving. Its rare to see one at all, let alone that close to you. I would love to be in that situation in the video.

I'm a master scuba diver and I have done a lot of diving all over the world including the caribbean. I have also spent time working and diving at a local aquarium where we had several sharks in the exhibit. Sharks get a bad reputation and as a scuba diver I rarely see sharks. When I am lucky to have a shark encounter they tend to be curious and not aggressive.

what does a barracuda look like

Well, they can be different sizes, but this one was caught by my son on a fishing trip at Castaway Cay. He had a great time on the excursion.

BrianFish.jpg

And this guy was in the snorkeling lagoon this past August.

Sea Turtle.JPG

MJ

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter