~ Sew Sweet 16 ~I’m packing your angry eyes just in case~Aug 2014~ BFF' bag 8/20!!!!

First...Hi Cheryl! Missed you!!!

My grand mother had one of those old fashioned embroidery machines! LOL!

D~ I hope you make a million dollars on that auction bag...because it has taken all the self control I have to not bid on it! I LOVE that! It is too big for me so I could not use it, but that does not stop me from wanting it! I came 'this' close to bidding this morning...I even checked my bank account to see what I could afford....

So, if you make a million on it (or even quite a bit less than that!) I will not feel bad....

Nini

I am loving that wallet - that little holly leaves with the hidden Mickey is perfect!

Thanksgiving has never been a big thing for my family. And it really fell off the charts when my Dad died the Monday before Thanksgiving in 1999. So my sister goes to her DH's family in Bowling Green and I take Mom (since she's moved down here) to Cale's family's to do. This year's going to be tough with the loss of Cale's brother, although I think it will be good for MIL to have Mom (who has also lost a son) there.

Think of having Josh at home with you for these weeks as an anniversary present from his work. Especially since you're not losing income in any form.

Have a great rest of the week because if tomorrow is anything like today, I'm going to be completely off grid.

Cheryl - Love seeing all those machines. I hope caring for your mother doesn't take a toll on you and your brother. My son went a museum a few years back and was so excited about the really big calculator he saw. Took me a while to figure out he had seen a typewriter. I for one am so thankful for the backspace key!!!

I was thinking the restaurant sounded like a bonus - don't need to clean the house or spend all day in the kitchen. Plus if you can get Josh to make your favorites it is win win.

It is sad when traditions end but hopefully new ones will be substituted. :)

I am slacking and need to catch up on some trip reports, especially Mo's PTR...

Oh I understand about Thanksgiving leftovers. Doesn't matter where we have dinner on Thanksgiving, I will still make a turkey at some point over the weekend. Charlie insists on having leftovers. I think he enjoys them more than the actual dinner.:rotfl2:

I went today to get our turkey and other fixin's. My younger brother, his wife, daughter and her fiancé, one of my older brothers, and my son Andrew will be here for dinner.

I invited my sister and her family, but they are going to my niece's for dinner.

As far as my own kids go, Kate (my oldest) and her bf will stop over before dinner, but are having dinner at her Dad's (he lives close by). Then they (Kate & Chris) are going to the Ravens/Steelers game in Baltimore. Steven and his wife, Melissa, are going to Melissa's mom's in Ohio. Melissa's son, Joe, lives with his grandmother and attends Kent State University. This is his first year away from home. Shannon, my baby, has to work over the holiday, so will not be coming home at all.:sad1: Andrew's fiancé will be spending the holiday with her family in New York. She has just returned from a trip to Japan and needs some family time with her parents.:confused3

I love your Mickey bag:flower3:

:wave2: Don’t expect you’ll remember me, but a few weeks ago I promised photos of my "new" machines. I’ve been clearing out my mother’s house in anticipation of my brother moving in with her. In the meantime he and I have been taking turns staying with her two nights on, two nights off. It’s not much fun and I’m not sure I’ll be able to celebrate at Disney for my round birthday in February :worried: so I haven't been feeling very dis-like lately.

I brought home four machines -- three sewing and one embroidery. These photos were taken hastily this morning, so no cleaning has been done but you’ll get the general idea.

First, the machine my mother’s been using for the past 60+ years. It’s the one that comes with a “card table”. (I guess I should have taken off the spool of thread.)

How’s this for a bruiser? (My aunt, who owned it, used to make draperies and slipcovers for her rich Westchester County neighbors.)

I’m hoping this is one of those new wireless machines :confused3 because I don’t see a cord unless it’s tucked in somewhere.

Most exciting is the old fashioned embroidery machine :cool1:

because now I can put names on the stockings I made a year or two ago.

Hope all is well with you and your PTR fans.

I just wanted to say how much I love your "new" machines. The 221 is a Featherweight and you should be able to find a new cord for it. Don't think they made "wireless" ones back then....

The embroidery machine is awesome. Wish I had one....

Just got off the phone with V. She is a sweetheart. :lovestruc Hoping for an A on her project. Let us know, OK?

well we are going to my (sisters) we adopted each other about 10 years ago.....lol and Christmas will be at MIL so no cooking for me this year either.. .I love it. DH is having back surgery the 30th of dec so we won't go out for New Years either.....unless you count going (out) to his hospital room....lol But hopefully this will get him out of pain and give him time to heal up before our Disney trip in Oct. He will have a EVC in any case. He also has permission to go back to the resort if he doesn't feel up to any more Disney. As long as I get to stay at the park he can rest all day if that's what floats his boat.. Man that sounds heartless...... But that is the truth......:confused3

Yes - FQ is just beautiful... I just love being there. However, when we were there in Aug - I didn't feel like we were able to enjoy it as much as we had the previous trip... It was just too hot to spend any more time than necessary outside - which makes me sad. We really did hop from building to building, staying in the air as much as possible.

You will do great on Thanksgiving - I just know it.

It sure does look like from all the pictures I've seen and I'm excited to check it all out. Yeah the heat does make it really hard sometimes.

Thanks. I know you will too.

It does make it harder when the families get bigger and there's just not the space to host them all. At least you'll still be getting to see most of them it sounds like.

Well like you said from a health point it probably is better.

I wanted to thank you for the heads up on the $10 Target coupon in last Sunday's paper. I don't normally open all the sale flyers and never would have found that coupon if you hadn't mentioned it. I got the Target red card so I can save 5% on my Disney gift certificates, too. Joining the Dis forum has saved me some money.

Hey - no problem! That's a great coupon! I hope to use it lots today! :thumbsup2

Also, don't forget... after 12:01am at Target on Black Friday, if you spend $75, you get a 20% off coupon for a later purchase... I am not sure if it can be used on Disney GCs yet - but I hope to try. After all of my discounts and including that coupon, each $100 worth of Disney GCs would be $68.40! That is an Ahhhhmazing deal! Just something to think about... ::yes::

Good Luck on today's auction items!!! is it today?
boooooooooo on the restaurant... leftovers is tradition. turkey is good for you (not the way i make it) and healthy sides!!!

i would love to hire someone to prepare the bird for me. i despise doing it. usually takes a bottle of wine for me to get through the whole thing! :rotfl:

you don't have to work on Thanksgiving do you?

Yes, my auction started yesterday. :) Thanks Mo!

I do not work on Thanksgiving... I work Black Friday - 8:00am until 1:30pm. I was kind of cranky when they asked what hours I wanted... I told them I would either open on Thanksgiving night and work only a 4 hour shift, or I would work a day shift on BF - Nothing overnight. I was shocked when I actually got a decent shift. ::yes::

Ohhh. Love the auction bag. Mickey is having so much fun. I am on my mobile and thought the sled was polka dot fabric but when I opened the picture I saw it was snow. Perfect. I hope someone with a trip coming up will snap this one up. It would make a great early Christmas gift.

THanks LIz! I really like how it turned out too... It's a very crisp and cold color.

I hope you can get some direction on your ADRs soon. I know how they dictate the schedule for the trip and make it seem more real. You won't be able to tell us your ADR day but is it coming up very soon? I am guessing sometime in February.

Me too! I haven't been able to talk to her about it on the phone because Josh has been home all week. We will be spending the day together today - so I will make sure I bring it up a little bit.

The fabric you used on the inside I have. I'm making it into a strap to go over my camera strap. Which I need to get on.

I hope you are able to get this project done. I was very happy with the quality of this fabric. As a rule - Disney fabric is usually pretty cheap - but this was much nicer than normal. WHich made me very happy.

Your latest auction bag turned out great. When I first looked at it, I thought Mickey was on a surfboard not a sled. The lining really looks good with the outside.
My day's been interesting so far. My daughter called from work to tell me she was on her way home. She spilled a can of red pop on her clothes. Luckly, I have a heavy duty cycle on the washer. I think I got it out. Today's my last late day for a while. It should be busy.

Liz

THanks Liz. Oh no! I sure hop you got it all out. I hope you survived your last shift yesterday. :thumbsup2

I adore this auction bag. Good luck with everything. I am doing a roast chicken on Sunday so we will have some yumminess this week.

I am glad you like it Chiara. Mmmm... roast chicken does sound very nice. :thumbsup2

Love the new bag! And as always, great job!

Thank you!

Hope your auction does well today!!! So sad that you will have Thanksgiving at a restaurant. At least you will be with family.

My extended family on Dad's side always had a BIG Thanksgiving gathering growing up. It started out at my Grandma's house every year (in Alabama). We outgrew that, so we moved it to a community hall in town. As cousins had babies and grandbabies, it was moved to the Saturday AFTER Thanksgiving so that smaller family units could have Thanksgiving day together. About 15 years ago one of my aunt's had a camp house built on their hunting property, so it was moved there. Well, when her husband died, the camp house went to my cousin, and he refused to have it there any longer. For a few years now we have bounced it between the community hall and a church fellowship hall. Each year when we moved it less people came. Well, this year the powers that be decided we needed to no longer meet at Thanksgiving time any more....we will have a reunion of sorts in April...in another town altogether. It really is sad when family traditions pass.

I am not trying to make you feel guilty about not having so many folks in your house, not my intention at all. Everyone must find what works for each other as families evolve and grow. I hope your family will find what works for everyone.

I guess I am just lamenting my own sadness this year. Thanksgiving will not be the same without that big reunion. I have had it since the day I was born. It was always fun to see cousins, aunts and uncles you hadn't seen since last year. Cousins would bring boyfriends and girlfriends. Boyfriends and girlfriends would show up later as husbands or wives. Then they would show up with children, less hair,weight gain, weight loss, etc. Aunts and Uncles have passed, and we have planted trees in honor of them. We have watched OLD home movies through the years...including footage of my dad and his siblings as children that was recorded with a reel to reel recorder and converted first to VHS, later to DVD.

Goodness, how I have hijacked your PTR...sorry!!!

Thanks Oopsi - no worries. I totally understand. I agree - it is very hard. We have much the same situation as your family does - my mom has 11 brothers/sisters + their kids and now their kids, and soon it will be their kids as well, as the oldest great grandchildren are in college (the girls' generation)... We still get together for Christmas on the Sunday before Christmas every year. We start off with mass for my mom and my grandfather, then we have our noon meal. We out grew anyone's house many years ago, and have rented various places... VFW/Legion/Golf Course/Restaurants... We always have it catered - as it's just too much to provide a meal to all of us. At last count - there is well over 200! :faint: We all wear name tags with our lineage on them, so we know who belongs to who. We all know our cousins, I am a bit iffy on their spouses - some I know, some I don't... but when it's down to my cousin's kids... we only see them once a year, and it's impossible to tell who belongs to who. The name tags work out brilliantly. Looking forward to this year's Christmas... My grandmother is 94, so I don't know how long this tradition will continue? I will be very sad when it's over.

Hello D~! I'm back in Ohio!! After a month in Virginia, it was sooo nice to get back home. I surprised Dan...he wasn't expecting me until Saturday. Jen's surgery is scheduled for Nov. 26th and she has others to help her until I can get back there on Dec. 9th.

Now, I HAVE to go and try to catch up. Between you and Mo, it's going to take a while, but Dan wants me to do nothing for a couple of days, so I'm going to give it a try.

Oh, and I may be starting a ptr of my own. First time, don't even know how to go about it, but it will be fun! Hope you are having a fabulous day in the sewing room!

Welcome back Lois!!!! I am so happy to see you here!!! Can you PM me an update on Jennifer? Do they have any answers for you?

Ooooh and a PTR of your own!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

:wave2: Dont expect youll remember me, but a few weeks ago I promised photos of my "new" machines. Ive been clearing out my mothers house in anticipation of my brother moving in with her. In the meantime he and I have been taking turns staying with her two nights on, two nights off. Its not much fun and Im not sure Ill be able to celebrate at Disney for my round birthday in February so I haven't been feeling very dis-like lately.

I brought home four machines -- three sewing and one embroidery. These photos were taken hastily this morning, so no cleaning has been done but youll get the general idea.

First, the machine my mothers been using for the past 60+ years. Its the one that comes with a card table. (I guess I should have taken off the spool of thread.)

Hows this for a bruiser? (My aunt, who owned it, used to make draperies and slipcovers for her rich Westchester County neighbors.)

Im hoping this is one of those new wireless machines :confused3 because I

Most exciting is the old fashioned embroidery machine

because now I can put names on the stockings I made a year or two ago.

Hope all is well with you and your PTR fans.

Hi Cheryl!!! I am glad to hear you are doing well - I am sorry that your mom is not doing well, but she is very lucky to have you there and the ability of you helping with some of her care. It cannot be an easy thing to watch or to do, but I do commend you for it. I hope you are able to find some way to make it to Disney soon.

I loved seeing all of your machines... The Featherweight is a great machine, and how wonderful to have one with family memories connected to it. I also love the work horse machine - I think a good name for it would be "Brutus"... :thumbsup2 And, of course - your new emboridery machine is probably one of the best vintage models ever made - highly saught after too... I hope you are able to use it a lot!

First...Hi Cheryl! Missed you!!!

My grand mother had one of those old fashioned embroidery machines! LOL!

D~ I hope you make a million dollars on that auction bag...because it has taken all the self control I have to not bid on it! I LOVE that! It is too big for me so I could not use it, but that does not stop me from wanting it! I came 'this' close to bidding this morning...I even checked my bank account to see what I could afford....

So, if you make a million on it (or even quite a bit less than that!) I will not feel bad....

Nini

Hahha... Thanks Nini! I am just happy it's sold... It turned out to be a great bag!

I am loving that wallet - that little holly leaves with the hidden Mickey is perfect!

Thanksgiving has never been a big thing for my family. And it really fell off the charts when my Dad died the Monday before Thanksgiving in 1999. So my sister goes to her DH's family in Bowling Green and I take Mom (since she's moved down here) to Cale's family's to do. This year's going to be tough with the loss of Cale's brother, although I think it will be good for MIL to have Mom (who has also lost a son) there.

Think of having Josh at home with you for these weeks as an anniversary present from his work. Especially since you're not losing income in any form.

Have a great rest of the week because if tomorrow is anything like today, I'm going to be completely off grid.

Thanks Ruth!

Yes, I suspect that Thanksgiving will be hard for you all this year, but I hope you are all able to enjoy it and find some happy memories with in your loss.

Yes, I will try to think of JOsh being home as a gift... LOL It has been kind of nice, in all honesty. Aside from being relegated to the laptop and working out in the livingroom - everything else has been great. He certainly doesn't come home crabby from his evening commute. LOL

Cheryl - Love seeing all those machines. I hope caring for your mother doesn't take a toll on you and your brother. My son went a museum a few years back and was so excited about the really big calculator he saw. Took me a while to figure out he had seen a typewriter. I for one am so thankful for the backspace key!!!

I was thinking the restaurant sounded like a bonus - don't need to clean the house or spend all day in the kitchen. Plus if you can get Josh to make your favorites it is win win.

It is sad when traditions end but hopefully new ones will be substituted.

I am slacking and need to catch up on some trip reports, especially Mo's PTR...

LOL about the "big calculator"... I would be in hysterics after I figured that one out.

I guess the restaurant won't be so bad... I hope I can talk Josh into making the turkey we have in our freezer at some point, so we can enjoy a bit of a traditional TG meal.

THanks for stopping by Liz... I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Oh I understand about Thanksgiving leftovers. Doesn't matter where we have dinner on Thanksgiving, I will still make a turkey at some point over the weekend. Charlie insists on having leftovers. I think he enjoys them more than the actual dinner.

I went today to get our turkey and other fixin's. My younger brother, his wife, daughter and her fiancé, one of my older brothers, and my son Andrew will be here for dinner.

I invited my sister and her family, but they are going to my niece's for dinner.

As far as my own kids go, Kate (my oldest) and her bf will stop over before dinner, but are having dinner at her Dad's (he lives close by). Then they (Kate & Chris) are going to the Ravens/Steelers game in Baltimore. Steven and his wife, Melissa, are going to Melissa's mom's in Ohio. Melissa's son, Joe, lives with his grandmother and attends Kent State University. This is his first year away from home. Shannon, my baby, has to work over the holiday, so will not be coming home at all. Andrew's fiancé will be spending the holiday with her family in New York. She has just returned from a trip to Japan and needs some family time with her parents.

I love your Mickey bag

It does sound like you will have a nice Thanksgiving... A bit sad I am sure - since most of your children will be with other families this year - but I hope you and Charlie are able to enjoy it just the same... I would totally invite you here to have TG with us if we were having it.

Just got off the phone with V. She is a sweetheart. :lovestruc Hoping for an A on her project. Let us know, OK?

Thank you for taking the time to talk to her Kathy - I really appreciate it. I will let you all know how she does when she gets her grade back. :)

well we are going to my (sisters) we adopted each other about 10 years ago.....lol and Christmas will be at MIL so no cooking for me this year either.. .I love it. DH is having back surgery the 30th of dec so we won't go out for New Years either.....unless you count going (out) to his hospital room....lol But hopefully this will get him out of pain and give him time to heal up before our Disney trip in Oct. He will have a EVC in any case. He also has permission to go back to the resort if he doesn't feel up to any more Disney. As long as I get to stay at the park he can rest all day if that's what floats his boat.. Man that sounds heartless...... But that is the truth.....

It sounds like you have a nice Thanksgiving planned.

I hope DH's back surgery goes well... It looks like I may be able to relate to that soon, as Josh just had another MRI on his back, and the results did not come back favorably. :( We will see...

BUt I agree with you totally - I would bring Josh back to Disney in a heartbeat if he had any desire to enjoy it - in any way that pleased him... but it just doesn't sound like that will ever happen.

It sure does look like from all the pictures I've seen and I'm excited to check it all out. Yeah the heat does make it really hard sometimes.

Thanks. I know you will too.

It does make it harder when the families get bigger and there's just not the space to host them all. At least you'll still be getting to see most of them it sounds like.

Well like you said from a health point it probably is better.

You will love POR - I have only heard of very few isolate incidents where people did not enjoy it.

Yes, we will get to see most of Josh's family - which is good... It should be very interesting how it all comes together. :)

****************************************************************************************************

Now, on to my next set of replies... :)

D~

I'm all caught up finally! Yay! I'll send you a PM when I'm finished here. Hope the roads weren't bad for your trip with the girls this morning!

Just have to tell you how delicious your stockings are! Love the fabric choices, the interior as well as exterior, and the names are very well done. I know you're waiting for your embroidery machine to arrive and I'm so happy you are getting one. You keep saying it's a splurge since it won't get used that much, but I think you'll be surprised at how much you do use it. I'm guessing Victoria is going to enjoy it, and who knows, she may join you to go into business! She has quite an eye for fabric and design already.

Okay, so all your bags are wonderful! The Steamboat Mickey, Pocahontas and that auction bag!!! Love them all! You continue to amaze me, my friend!

I used to do Walk Away workouts until I got plantar fascitis really bad. I did love them since I could do a 1, 2, 3 or 4 mile depending on how much time I had. I need to get back to them, and you've provided the inspiration to do that! You look fabulous, daughling!! By the time you go back to Disney, we'll hardly be able to see you! You go girl!! (Oh, and go ahead and work out in front of the windows. Let your neighbors eat their hearts out!)

Tess - that stocking for your son's Christmas birth sounds darling! What a treasure! And the elf hat...I'll bet you couldn't stop smiling.

Cheryl - love all those machines...especially the embroidery machine! lol Hope you can find a cord you need and have many happy hours of sewing on all of them. It is so great that your brother will be able to move in with your mom and take care of her. It is just so very hard when our parents decline. Sending prayers your way!

Lillian - It would be great for you to visit the northern parts of the U.S. I live in Ohio, which is not the first place people visiting the U.S. think of, but if you'e going across a northern route and need a place to stop overnight, our door is always open. We also boast Cedar Point, which is a fabulous amusement park, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Football Hall of Fame and of course Amish towns. Pure excitement, right? I figure you can visit D~ and the Mall of America, then swing down, visit Mo in Chicago, and in four hours, be in Ohio with me. You could probably DIS your way from the west coast to the east coast.

Okay, so that's my very lengthy "catch-up" post. D~, I can't tell you how much your prayers and support have meant to me in regard to Jennifer's medical problems! You are so warm and giving and I truly feel I know you! I hope to meet you one day soon. Have a fabulous shopping day and I hope you and your BFF can talk about the ADRs. Can't wait to hear about your bargains!

Lillian - It would be great for you to visit the northern parts of the U.S. I live in Ohio, which is not the first place people visiting the U.S. think of, but if you'e going across a northern route and need a place to stop overnight, our door is always open. We also boast Cedar Point, which is a fabulous amusement park, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Football Hall of Fame and of course Amish towns. Pure excitement, right? I figure you can visit D~ and the Mall of America, then swing down, visit Mo in Chicago, and in four hours, be in Ohio with me. You could probably DIS your way from the west coast to the east coast.

hey Look whos BACK!!!! :yay:

and YES! come visit meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Also, don't forget... after 12:01am at Target on Black Friday, if you spend $75, you get a 20% off coupon for a later purchase... I am not sure if it can be used on Disney GCs yet - but I hope to try. After all of my discounts and including that coupon, each $100 worth of Disney GCs would be $68.40! That is an Ahhhhmazing deal! Just something to think about... ::yes::

That's another great tip from you :thumbsup2
Thanks. :)

I love your Target hints! I saved 25$ yesterday between, the Target ,Cartwheel and red cards rewards! Just think what could have happened if I had added the manufacturers coupons that were in my purse! ? It made a grocery shopping trip almost fun. Have a great weekend!

I'm all caught up finally! Yay! I'll send you a PM when I'm finished here. Hope the roads weren't bad for your trip with the girls this morning!

Hi Lois! I just cannot relay how relieved I am for Jennifer and your entire family... I know it will be a long and painful road ahead for her, and we will continue our prayers. But I am so elated to hear that it is not cancer - it gives me so much hope that anything else can be worked through. Many hugs to all of you!

Just have to tell you how delicious your stockings are! Love the fabric choices, the interior as well as exterior, and the names are very well done. I know you're waiting for your embroidery machine to arrive and I'm so happy you are getting one. You keep saying it's a splurge since it won't get used that much, but I think you'll be surprised at how much you do use it. I'm guessing Victoria is going to enjoy it, and who knows, she may join you to go into business! She has quite an eye for fabric and design already.

Thank you - the Great Stocking Project has turned into this massive thing that I wasn't quite expecting. I am very hopeful that I will be able to finish it this week and get it off of my list - it's really driving me crazy that it's taken so long. I am very much a "finish one project before I start another" person - and it's been very difficult for me to have this on my list for so long.

I am very excited about my embroidery machine too... I love that everyone thinks this is something that V could do... I have every intention of teaching her and I think you all are right. I have a nice spot cleared off on my sewing room counter for it, where she could be working with that and not in "my space" - so once I get it figured out, I plan to teach her. It could be very helpful to me... :thumbsup2

Okay, so all your bags are wonderful! The Steamboat Mickey, Pocahontas and that auction bag!!! Love them all! You continue to amaze me, my friend!

Thank you very much! I really enjoyed making all of them!

I used to do Walk Away workouts until I got plantar fascitis really bad. I did love them since I could do a 1, 2, 3 or 4 mile depending on how much time I had. I need to get back to them, and you've provided the inspiration to do that! You look fabulous, daughling!! By the time you go back to Disney, we'll hardly be able to see you! You go girl!! (Oh, and go ahead and work out in front of the windows. Let your neighbors eat their hearts out!)

I feel your pain... My PF has been acting up more and more... It comes and it goes. I really need to get in to see a podiatrist - but I keep putting it off.

I do like my WATP work outs a lot... but looking ahead at my lifting program - I only have about another 2 weeks left of my current stage, before I move up to the next one... And the next one is a LOT more involved and much more time intensive... I may have to officially remove my WATP from my schedule for the time being, as I really will NEED those rest days inbetween my lifting days, so my body can recover.

LOL Well - I hope my neighbors enjoy it. :rolleyes1

I have actually started planning a very rough Diser road trip... I've talked to Suzi/Mo/Oopsi about it a little bit... I want to start off in MN and work my way to Chicago, pick up Mo... Then keep working my way down to WDW, picking up Disers on my way - eventually landing at a week trip to WDW. LOL We could end up with a massive caravan - and it would be LOADS of FUN!!! Just think!!!! I think we should start planning it. My only issue - is that I wouldn't want to drive home... LOL

Okay, so that's my very lengthy "catch-up" post. D~, I can't tell you how much your prayers and support have meant to me in regard to Jennifer's medical problems! You are so warm and giving and I truly feel I know you! I hope to meet you one day soon. Have a fabulous shopping day and I hope you and your BFF can talk about the ADRs. Can't wait to hear about your bargains!

Thank you for taking the time to catch up Lois - it really means a lot to me... I know you have had so much on your plate... I wish I could have done more than praying for Jennifer - but I am beyond elated that it isn't cancer and she will recover. I am very sad that it's going to be painful and hard for her, but it seems like she will be surrounded with the best people she could ask for. If there is anything else I can do - please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope the roads are OK!!! stay safe out and aBOOT..

Love ya...............

Mean it............

Hahahah... The roads were actually not a problem at all - thankfully! I love ya too Mo!

That's another great tip from you
Thanks.

Anytime! Always happy to pass along any bargains I know about - especially it if helps my Diser friends get to Disney faster. :thumbsup2

I love your Target hints! I saved 25$ yesterday between, the Target ,Cartwheel and red cards rewards! Just think what could have happened if I had added the manufacturers coupons that were in my purse! ? It made a grocery shopping trip almost fun. Have a great weekend!

Whoo-hoo Ruth! That is awesome! You do know that you have 3 days to bring those coupons back to the same Target and they will credit them to your order and refund them to you... Unfortunately - it's only 3 days, and it has to be done at the same Target your purchases were made, but worth it if it's not too far away. I hope you have a great weekend too!

First of all.... I went back to my post from yesterday and finished all of my replies... So if you are interested in reading those - you can go back. :)

Then, I apologize that I didn't get back here yesterday to finish them... It was crazy!

So, yesterday started off with me taking the girls to their appt... Yah - stupid phone sent me a reminder on Thursday for an appt that was LAST WEEK Friday... Grrr... Why that happened - I have not a clue? But a bit annoying.

OK - no biggie... Dropped the girls off at school "tardy" and went on with my day.

Roads were fine - a little wet, but not slippery at all. So that was good.

I met BFF at her house... We had to drive Olivia to a church retreat about an hour north of her house... The plan was to drop her off, then work our way back home via every Target in our path. :rolleyes1

First of all - we were distracted by our favorite 2-story Kohls store... We used to shop there all the time, but now we rarely get there because it's a little out of the way...

I purchased a few Christmas gifts and 2 shirts for myself to go under my Thanksgiving and Christmas outfit sweaters.

Then it was time to hit Target...

My strategy was this: I would start off in the grocery section of the first Target and work my way to the freezer section at the last Target.

Why are we doing this... Well, expiring today is a coupon in the Target ad of -$10 off of ANY $50 grocery purchase... This $10 coupon can be used in addition to any individual Target/Manufacturer coupon and stacked with other Target deals... Team Member discount... Red card savings... Cartwheel... Yah - it was a GREAT week to do your grocery shopping at Target folks. :thumbsup2

So, my total at the first Target store was $69... This was mostly canned goods, and a few other shelf stable items. After all of my discounts and that fabulous coupon - I paid $22. Not too shabby! I haven't had a good deal like that in a long time!

Then, the next Target store... Again, my total was $69 (this is a recurring theme)... this store was mostly snacks and the very start of my cooler items. After all of my discounts, I paid $33. Again - not too bad, just a hair over 50% savings. I'll take it.

After this store, BFF and I decided to stop for lunch... We almost always do Jimmy Johns, but yesterday we decided to deviate from the norm and do Erberts and Gerberts - another favorite sub shop from our roomie days. It was delicious, because unlike JJ's - E&Gs has soup... Num - it was perfect for a cold winter day like yesterday.

Finally - we hit our last Target store... Since I had hit all of the other areas - I just had to finish up the cooler section at this store and then do all of my freezer items... Again, my food total was $69 - but I had a bunch of H&B items at this store too - so my grand total was $115, but after all of my discounts, I paid $54. Pretty darned good.

In the end, I brought home $253 worth of food/H&B items for $109... For an average savings of 57%! A very good grocery shopping day for me. And not very often I come in THAT far under budget. A nice little chunk of change to go towards our Disney trip. :cheer2:

Sooooo... Then I drop BFF off at home, and bring my groceries home... I get her and Josh says "let's get all of the cooler/freezer items put away, then we have to leave..." What? :confused3

Josh's cousin plays hockey for one of the local colleges - this is a pretty big deal, since his cousin grew up in Alaska, and we didn't get to see him at all while he was growing up. Well, he is in his sophmore year at college, and the college is about a 20 minute drive for us... So, it's very common you can find Josh and the girls out at local college hockey games every Friday and sometimes Saturday night... Well, Josh's aunt and uncle flew in from Alaska yesterday for Thanksgiving... So we all met up for dinner and then we went to the game. Unfortunately, Matt's team did not win - but they lost in over time/shoot-out... So, it was a good game and they fought until the bitter end.

Needless to say - it was a later than usual night for me, and I crashed as soon as I got home.

I am still exhausted this morning... but I need to get up to my sewing room and finish up this week's custom order. Then I can begin on finishing up the Great Stocking Project and one of my SSPs. Since I don't have a custom order on my schedule this week - I plan to work on a gift for my SIL in The Netherlands, I hope to finish it this week, so I can get all of their gifts into the mail asap.

Anyways - if you all read all of that - thanks! I know it was long winded, but I know some of you like to hear about my couponing bargains. :thumbsup2

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend... Prayers continue for all... Tess... Any updates on Kat?

D~

great coupons! you go girl! We don't get coupons in our paper, small town. And Target is an hour away so I have to add gas to my buget for that....lol But if I happen to be going to Toledo for something else then I swing by target....lol

Wow!! What great savings!! I've been trying to use coupons and just started using Cartwheel and love it!! We use our Disney Visa for everything so I don't get that extra unfortunately for the Target Card. Glad you got to see family and enjoy the game.

hi D~! I'm caught up now that I'm back from Vegas.

I love the Jack Frost movie too. A little creepy when you think about it but it is very touching. :)

I love hearing about your Target and shopping adventures. I only recently got the red card and now am in on the 5% discount for the Disney gift cards. I love that perk. Great job with your 57% savings! What a great chunk of change to add to your Disney trip.

I love the auction bag since your Mickey applique is a perfect rendition of him. I really love the fabric on the inside of the bag. Perfectly done.

great coupons! you go girl! We don't get coupons in our paper, small town. And Target is an hour away so I have to add gas to my buget for that....lol But if I happen to be going to Toledo for something else then I swing by target....lol

Bummer about not getting coupons in your paper... and I totally understand about adding gas into your budget - we seriously live pretty far from everywhere... Our main town - and where the girls go to school is about a 20 minute drive for me... Which isn't bad, until you forget bread or something miniscule, and have to make a run. Thankfully we have great neighbors - so oftentimes we all borrow from eachother. :thumbsup2

Wow!! What great savings!! I've been trying to use coupons and just started using Cartwheel and love it!! We use our Disney Visa for everything so I don't get that extra unfortunately for the Target Card. Glad you got to see family and enjoy the game.

THis makes me happy - I am glad you are starting to use coupons and Cartwheel... Every little bit helps. :thumbsup2 I understand using the Disney Visa for everything - I know a lot of people do - you have to use what gets you the best deals for your family.

hi D~! I'm caught up now that I'm back from Vegas.

Welcome back Brenda! I hope you had a great trip!

I love the Jack Frost movie too. A little creepy when you think about it but it is very touching.

I agree - quite creepy, but for me, it just makes me sad. :confused3 Definately not my favorite holiday movie.

I love hearing about your Target and shopping adventures. I only recently got the red card and now am in on the 5% discount for the Disney gift cards. I love that perk. Great job with your 57% savings! What a great chunk of change to add to your Disney trip.

Awesome! That 5% adds up... It's not a ton - but like I told Sandra above, every little bit helps.

I love the auction bag since your Mickey applique is a perfect rendition of him. I really love the fabric on the inside of the bag. Perfectly done.

Thank you very much!

Well, my auction ended yesterday morning. I am happy with the price it went for. I am always shocked when my items sell in the first place... It's the whole "putting yourself out there" thing, which - believe it or not - is very hard for me to do, and it doesn't get any easier with time.

I also made my very first embroidery file purchase to go with my new embroidery machine. I've had a full cart for a week or more, but I've been holding out for Heather Sue's birthday - and I am glad I did, as she is running a nice sale. But now that I downloaded all of these files - I am not exactly sure what to do with them? :confused3 Nini gave me some great advice about how to organize them with in my computer - and I've done that - sort of? I need to refine it a little bit, but it's in the right general spot that I want them in.

When deciding which embroidery files to purchase, I tried to go with ones that were very hard for me to do by hand applique... So, things like scroll work and some of the smaller more detailed appliques. I even had V go through my cart and help me eliminate anything she thought we wouldn't use. I am half tempted to go back to her page today to see if there is anything I missed before her sale is over. :scratchin

I am almost done with my custom order for the week - I have a little less that an hour's worth of work to do on it. I hope to have pictures later today or tomorrow morning for you.

Last night, we went to another hockey game... This time, it was very well attended by the family... Several of Josh's aunts/uncles came, along with a cousin and his little boy... It was a lot of fun. We went out for dinner first at Applebees, then on to the game. Matt's team lost - but it was a great game! It's always fun to see him play.

Here's a photo of all of us at dinner... I am second in on the left, Alli is right next to me... Josh is first from the right and V is 4th from the right...

20131123_171226.jpg

And then all of us - minus me - at the game... It was fun to fill up the stands for Matt. :thumbsup2

20131123_183927.jpg

Today I plan to finish my custom order and make a dent in the stockings... Then I need to clean the house... We have been having dishwasher issues - so I have a pile of dishes that need to be done. Josh thinks he fixed it - so let's cross our fingers. Otherwise, we will be hand washing for quite some time.

Anyways... I hope you all have a wonderful day today... Sending prayers out for all in need.

D~

I bought at that sale too and am thinking of going back today too because she has never had a sale that awesome.

I am sending you a message on FB later too nothing wrong just an update :)

Have a wonderful day oh and I am making your mashed potatoes today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter