Seven Dwarfs Mine Train FP+ Opening

With A&E and 7DMT coming to MK soon, what are the chances they implement the tier system? Tier 1 could be 7DMT, A&E, Rapunzel, and Peter Pan. I would also suggest they don't force anyone to choose from tier 1 if they don't want to like Epcot and HS currently do. I know many people don't like the tiers, but this would be a way to at least guarantee everyone to get a FP for either the mine train or Anna and Elsa.

I would think that morning EMH on a weekday would be the best bet to ride without FP+.

that is our exact plan for May. Of course I'm also going to try to get FP for it as well - but if they throw in tiering I might not be willing to rebook / lose the other FP I already have booked for that day (if they are tier 1 - which is what I'm assuming 7 D will be)

We'll be there Memorial Day Weekend...I was also wondering when they will start booking FP's for the Mine Ride. I guess I should order my tickets (from UCT) so I can get them linked to MDE so I'm ready!!

We are also there the first week, going May 2-May 10. I have 3 MK days planned along with PM EMH-I'm hoping to get at least one daytime ride and one nighttime ride in even if I have to go with no FP+, just going to have brave SB :faint:

Anyone have any clue as to when they might release it for FP+?

I bet if you went during the fireworks you would be able to get on :)

Going during the fireworks is a good idea. We have always had great luck at that time for Space Mountain.

I am hoping that they will open up a FP+ in late April, as we will be there on May 2nd. Not counting on it, and figured I might actually have better luck for a soft opening ride on our April 26th day, but one can hope!

My plan is to go after fireworks on the 26th after block out dates and hope for the best in standby.
I love how low the rumble of the trains on track is, totally different from space, big thunder, and everest. Wonder if it will last or fade with age.

A CM I spoke to last week made it sound like it was more likely that they would NOT be offering FP+ for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train...at least not right away:confused3 We're headed to WDW the end of April-first of May and of course would love to finally ride it!

A CM I spoke to last week made it sound like it was more likely that they would NOT be offering FP+ for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train...at least not right away:confused3 We're headed to WDW the end of April-first of May and of course would love to finally ride it!

I cannot imagine them not offering FP+ for this attraction.

It may actually take some pressure off the other headliners and sought after attractions including Space, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Anna & Elsa .... add the 7DMT and even without tiering, guests can't choose all of them in any given day.

I thought this exact same thing. Maybe they won't offer FP+ right away. But I just can't see this happening. It is a much anticipated ride, imagine the lines for it. And the ride is right in the middle of Fantasyland, so with no fastpass the lines would be all over the area. Not great for traffic flow.

I thought this exact same thing. Maybe they won't offer FP+ right away. But I just can't see this happening. It is a much anticipated ride, imagine the lines for it. And the ride is right in the middle of Fantasyland, so with no fastpass the lines would be all over the area. Not great for traffic flow.

I agree with this :thumbsup2
If we can FP BOG, then we should be able to FP SDMT

We're going from May 19 through 27. Our first full day will take place on May 20 at Magic Kingdom. From what my brother's been saying in his e-mails (he's in charge of planning just about everything), we'll probably head to Fantasyland first.

Has anybody seen the entrance to the SDMT ride yet? Is there a sign up for FP entrance?

I cannot imagine them not offering FP+ for this attraction.

It may actually take some pressure off the other headliners and sought after attractions including Space, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Anna & Elsa .... add the 7DMT and even without tiering, guests can't choose all of them in any given day.

Agreed. FP is the currency by which the new Disney operates. No way will they not convert this into additional currency. Disney seems to love a good feeding frenzy. This will certainly fit the bill.

personally, and maybe I am just not thinking this through with all the pieces to the puzzle here, but I wish they would not offer ANY FP+ for that first hour to any ride..

At least with the old fp- you pretty much were guaranteed a walk on with every ride at RD for that first hour... Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. It seems hard to plan when you really don't know how long your wait is going to be, and how they load the standbys for things. Just thinking out loud

I am having such a hard time bringing myself to book a fp+ for that first hour, especially when you ONLY get 3... ugh

personally, and maybe I am just not thinking this through with all the pieces to the puzzle here, but I wish they would not offer ANY FP+ for that first hour to any ride..

At least with the old fp- you pretty much were guaranteed a walk on with every ride at RD for that first hour... Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. It seems hard to plan when you really don't know how long your wait is going to be, and how they load the standbys for things. Just thinking out loud

I am having such a hard time bringing myself to book a fp+ for that first hour, especially when you ONLY get 3... ugh

It would be a big improvement if they didn't offer FP that first hour. But Disney is working hard to wring every last ounce of capacity out of FP, so it's just not going to happen. It's clear what their priorities are.

Agreed. FP is the currency by which the new Disney operates. No way will they not convert this into additional currency. Disney seems to love a good feeding frenzy. This will certainly fit the bill.

We'll know a lot as soon as we can see the queue set up. I could see them not having it in the beginning, just because they need flexibility with the date. Think how bad it would be if things got delayed a few days/weeks and people had FP reservations they'd planned their whole trip around....pixiedust:

EMH is going to be very interesting the first few weeks if there aren't FP ressies, or just ones you can get in-Park.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter