SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I want to understand this, so please bear with me. When we were in Disney earlier this week, we spent the morning at AK. I booked a 4th fp for TSMM after dinner. DH decided to stay back in the resort while I went to DHS alone. I couldn't use his fp since he didn't enter the park, so it never got used. Under this new system, would I be able to transfer his TSMM to me? I certainly don't want to break any rules.
You could have used his TSM if you had taken his band with you under the current system

I thought only FP attached to tickets could be transferred but @BuckeyeBama said earlier in the thread they had transferred SDFP via MDE. Even if that currently works no one knows if that will work come June 6th
But Buckeyebama was transferring from AP guests linked in her MDE.

She didn't know she could pre-book FPs for them.

Oh I missed that-I was wondering how it had worked for them since I had previously tried unsuccessfully. I remember the glitch when you could modify SDFP online back in 2015 and had tried more recently without any success.

Yay! :) Thanks for clarifying. It appears they have been activating bits and pieces of this forthcoming update.

Transferring will be your only option to use FPs if he doesn't enter the same park... interesting because he had been active in AK.

What would happen to park hoppers using Express Bus Service? We are not going through the front entrance and won't be scanning our tickets. Will we get blue Mickey when using our prebooked FPs?

What would happen to park hoppers using Express Bus Service? We are not going through the front entrance and won't be scanning our tickets. Will we get blue Mickey when using our prebooked FPs?
Perhaps when the CM scans you before you load onto the bus the park entry is noted. With MM+, they'd be able to note park entry as that's the bus' destination.

Well on the one hand, Darn we arrive on June 9th and I had some to use from another room that we had bands for (different ppl) but then on the other hand I am glad that it is one less thing I have to worry about :)

Yeah, I was doing it the hard way and missing out. I didn't want to break any rules, but it turns out that I wouldn't have been. This is a great board with great posters (like yourself) who help everyone by sharing so much information.

Soo....it's still possible to use Nonna's prebooked FPs because she doesn't feel well that day and never came to the parks. But you have to transfer them after you use your three? And they would have to be booked for times after your original 3

Do I have this right?

What if Nonna has her own MDE? Do you need to become "friends" with Nonna so you can do the transfer?

So just an update about changing the party once a FP window has started. I booked one FP via the app to try it tonight and then changed the person prior to its start time-no problem. I went back in after the FP window started and tried to change the person again and got a "oops something went wrong error message" which is what happened to me previously. So I closed the app, relaunched it, then tried again but got the same error message. I then decided to try the website and was able to successfully change the party twice during the FP window. So basically if you get an error message on the app try the website instead. I know When I tried in March I got that same error a couple times via the app which is why I thought you could not reassign once the window started. I rarely use the website these days and it never crossed my mind that it was an app glitch when I couldn't change the FP party.

I can certainly try it on the 6th to see if transferring is an option.
Our three Park days are June 5th,6th and 7th. It is too late for me this trip to do the transfer thing I believe. I booked the current trip under a new MDE(our party is 7), it is a package with resort ressies and tkts and FP+ booked at 60 days. I do however have a 2nd MDE (dummy) account with several tickets (8 total I believe) which I normally use to book add'l fp+ at 30 days out(using a 2nd set of MB's of course). If the info provided is true that means I'm simply out of luck? Maybe I can use them on the June 5th(fingers crossed). One more question.....Is it possible to link these two MDE's and try the transfer method discussed? I would have to use all three under the primary MDE first and then transfer one fp at a time for each person? Is any of this possible? Sorry for all the questions but I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this stuff. Great information on this thread!

Soo....it's still possible to use Nonna's prebooked FPs because she doesn't feel well that day and never came to the parks. But you have to transfer them after you use your three? And they would have to be booked for times after your original 3

Do I have this right?

What if Nonna has her own MDE? Do you need to become "friends" with Nonna so you can do the transfer?
You can only transfer Nonna's FP if your MDE accounts are linked since she has her own account.
Yes her FP have to be after your 3 as you must use 3 FP before you can obtain an additional one (via the transfer)

So just an update about changing the party once a FP window has started. I booked one FP via the app to try it tonight and then changed the person prior to its start time-no problem. I went back in after the FP window started and tried to change the person again and got a "oops something went wrong error message" which is what happened to me previously. So I closed the app, relaunched it, then tried again but got the same error message. I then decided to try the website and was able to successfully change the party twice during the FP window. So basically if you get an error message on the app try the website instead. I know When I tried in March I got that same error a couple times via the app which is why I thought you could not reassign once the window started. I rarely use the website these days and it never crossed my mind that it was an app glitch when I couldn't change the FP party.
Interesting. I may be trying this tomorrow but it just depends on how my timing goes with FOP whether I'll be in my window for Na'vi. I'll let folks know either way one way or the other - whether I can transfer in a window or whether I can transfer the second "Tier 1" if not in the window. If that makes any sense. (I'll try to explain better tomorrow once I actually do something). ;)

I thought only FP attached to tickets could be transferred but @BuckeyeBama said earlier in the thread they had transferred SDFP via MDE. Even if that currently works no one knows if that will work come June 6th
I'm not sure I've ever tried doing this, strange as that may seem. If I get the chance tomorrow, I may try. Just to know if it works now and might be possible in the future. Not sure how many SDFP's will be available though when I get to the park at like 2:30 but I'll do my best!

Interesting. I may be trying this tomorrow but it just depends on how my timing goes with FOP whether I'll be in my window for Na'vi. I'll let folks know either way one way or the other - whether I can transfer in a window or whether I can transfer the second "Tier 1" if not in the window. If that makes any sense. (I'll try to explain better tomorrow once I actually do something). ;)
I guess I didn't say I just tried this experiment at home tonight as unfortunately I am not at Disney but I've never had a problem redeeming a FP when it allowed me to reassign it.

Our three Park days are June 5th,6th and 7th. It is too late for me this trip to do the transfer thing I believe. I booked the current trip under a new MDE(our party is 7), it is a package with resort ressies and tkts and FP+ booked at 60 days. I do however have a 2nd MDE (dummy) account with several tickets (8 total I believe) which I normally use to book add'l fp+ at 30 days out(using a 2nd set of MB's of course). If the info provided is true that means I'm simply out of luck? Maybe I can use them on the June 5th(fingers crossed). One more question.....Is it possible to link these two MDE's and try the transfer method discussed? I would have to use all three under the primary MDE first and then transfer one fp at a time for each person? Is any of this possible? Sorry for all the questions but I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this stuff. Great information on this thread!
Before you merge your two MDEs, make sure the names in MDE#2 do not match up with MDE#1.

You can transfer a FP from one complete party in MDE#2 to those in MDE#1 by selecting and deselecting from those listed in the merged list.

I guess I didn't say I just tried this experiment at home tonight as unfortunately I am not at Disney but I've never had a problem redeeming a FP when it allowed me to reassign it.
I understood that but will try tomorrow and check and see if I do one in the window in the app and it won't let me then I'll try the website. I also never use that when I'm in the parks/on my phone so wouldn't have thought to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter