SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I've ever tried doing this, strange as that may seem. If I get the chance tomorrow, I may try. Just to know if it works now and might be possible in the future. Not sure how many SDFP's will be available though when I get to the park at like 2:30 but I'll do my best!

I never got this to work. Will be curious to hear what you find - despite the fact that it won't matter after June 6!

Our three Park days are June 5th,6th and 7th. It is too late for me this trip to do the transfer thing I believe. I booked the current trip under a new MDE(our party is 7), it is a package with resort ressies and tkts and FP+ booked at 60 days. I do however have a 2nd MDE (dummy) account with several tickets (8 total I believe) which I normally use to book add'l fp+ at 30 days out(using a 2nd set of MB's of course). If the info provided is true that means I'm simply out of luck? Maybe I can use them on the June 5th(fingers crossed). One more question.....Is it possible to link these two MDE's and try the transfer method discussed? I would have to use all three under the primary MDE first and then transfer one fp at a time for each person? Is any of this possible? Sorry for all the questions but I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this stuff. Great information on this thread!

As Hiro says, you want to be sure the names are not duplicates (or near duplicates) before issuing and accepting friend requests between the two MDEs. Maybe wait until after you've used your June 5 FP before doing the friend request. Once the accounts are linked to each other, you'll be able to prebook your donor FP (for transfer purposes) at 60 days out (for your next trip) - which is a bit of a bright spot.

I read the update and a couple of the recent posts, so I'm sorry if I've missed this answer.

I have old MBs from our 2015 trip on a completely separate, not linked, MDE account. My June 1-5 trip was booked under a new Mde email address.

If I use the old bands and get locked out, it would be on my old MDE account, right? Not the new one that I'm using? I was just thinking that if I do get locked out of the old account, but the new one still works, I'm not going to worry about it until later.

That's the perfect scenario. But you may miss the system marriage - so will have no problems anyway. Let us know.

For maximum benefit, book FPs for your Main Party AND your secondary/phantom group.

You will enter the park with 6 pre-booked FP. Use your Main group FPs and then move over your secondary/phantom passes one by one.

There is no reason to only have 3 FPs if you have ticket entitlements to book FPs and utilize the Change Party function.

The main benefit of donor phantoms for me is the ability to do more than one FP+ per hour. My last trip we actually used 5 different sets of bands for a morning at MK. Most of the bands had no more than 2 FPs on them.

My thought is that I'll use my phantom profiles (all have linked tickets) and leave our main profiles without pre-booked FPs. Then one at a time I'll transfer the next FP to the main account.

But this will be a mess for tiered parks...

Ugh, I already miss the days of old.

Last edited:

I never got this to work. Will be curious to hear what you find - despite the fact that it won't matter after June 6!
Why wouldn't it then be possible to book 3 SDFP's and then transfer them over one at a time if this does work and the kiosks are allowing SDFP? Do we think they still would flash blue if transferred to someone with valid admission that day? I realize it may not work even now but if so, wouldn't that be a possible way for folks without extra tix or AP's to at least get 3 (booked at RD) for later in the day vs just 1 starting after using the first 3?

In multiple attempts, I have never been able to find the Change Party option at a kiosk. I'm not swearing it's not possible but I have definitely looked for it.
That is good to know! Thanks for the reply. Looks like I'm SOL after June 5th.

Why wouldn't it then be possible to book 3 SDFP's and then transfer them over one at a time if this does work and the kiosks are allowing SDFP? Do we think they still would flash blue if transferred to someone with valid admission that day? I realize it may not work even now but if so, wouldn't that be a possible way for folks without extra tix or AP's to at least get 3 (booked at RD) for later in the day vs just 1 starting after using the first 3?
I'll be paying attention to your research.

The only other way I can figure it *might* work is if a friend with tix prebooked FP then released them when someone was ready to book an additional. Of course that isn't SDFP but it may be a (possible) way for someone with no extra tix on their acct to get some "good" choices after their first 3 are used.

Before you merge your two MDEs, make sure the names in MDE#2 do not match up with MDE#1.

You can transfer a FP from one complete party in MDE#2 to those in MDE#1 by selecting and deselecting from those listed in the merged list.
Can you point me to instructions on how to merge separate MDEs?

Thanks!

Can you point me to instructions on how to merge separate MDEs?

Thanks!
You need to send an Invite from MDE#1 to the manager of MDE#2. It should be on the Friends and Family page on the website. Then an email invite gets sent over. MDE#2's manager has to accept and then you add on the others to your Friends listing.

This is what I was wondering. Am looking forward to hearing if this does indeed work after the marriage!

Pretty please let us be able to use the SDFP with old bands for our upcoming trip May 31 - June 2.

I know you're saying June 6th, but if people already saw the blue Mickey I'm nervous. :scared:

And thank you for keeping us in the loop all this time. Sad to see the end, but it was a great ride while it lasted.

That's an interesting possibility. I think what you'll see is that it looks as though it's going to let you change party with the SDFP until you get to the last page - and you get an error message. But this sort of thing can vary. Can't wait to hear what you find.

Pretty please let us be able to use the SDFP with old bands for our upcoming trip May 31 - June 2.

I know you're saying June 6th, but if people already saw the blue Mickey I'm nervous. :scared:

And thank you for keeping us in the loop all this time. Sad to see the end, but it was a great ride while it lasted.

I know for sure that many people have had no trouble. And the blue Mickey I think was only seen recently by those who were using prebooked FP (for profiles not used to enter) - that's not SDFP. I don't think blue Mickey has been a problem for SDFP.

I know for sure that many people have had no trouble. And the blue Mickey I think was only seen recently by those who were using prebooked FP (for profiles not used to enter) - that's not SDFP. I don't think blue Mickey has been a problem for SDFP.

Oh good! Thanks for easing my mind.

We are crazy enough to attempt AK on the 31st with NRJ FP at 8:40pm. We won't be hitting the park until mid afternoon. Wanted our SDFP for HS that morning. :thumbsup2

Now if only they'll open the SR line for FoP on Wednesday. A girl can dream!! ;)

If they're really marrying the two systems, then I can't imagine they would let a ticket that hasn't been used for park entrance to make a sdfp at a kiosk, although true it might let you in the app, if they're not using your location as well. It depends how far they're willing to go to lock this down. If they were to use location services they could really lock it down good and tight, by not allowing transfers or new fp from tickets not used at the entrance. But I shouldn't be giving them any ideas huh.

That's an interesting possibility. I think what you'll see is that it looks as though it's going to let you change party with the SDFP until you get to the last page - and you get an error message. But this sort of thing can vary. Can't wait to hear what you find.
That's what has happened to me previously any time I tried to change a SDFP in any way via the app-it used to work for me on the website in early 2015 but they had fixed that loophole

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter