SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is "change party" even available for SDFP made at kiosk w/o ticket media?
My whole family has APs so we use the extra band's of family members not on a particular trip to book at kiosks and then transfer them as we use them. We just have to remember to book their fps after ours (time wise) so they will transfer after we have used ours. We could just switch bands, but my wife doesn't like doing that because she is the only female and doesn't like it when one of the boy's names appears for a fp that she is using. Now we will have to transfer, but we are used to it, so no problem.

But, yes, this will now require linked tickets.

ETA, this assumes that a band with a linked ticket can still be used at a kiosk on a date in which it was not used to enter a park. If that cannot happen Disney will force me to consider something less scrupulous. I paid a lot for these APs.

Last edited:
Argh, oh well, this sucks. But really I only knew about this loophole for like a month (this will be my first WDW trip). So now I'll just go back to planning like I was before then. At least we are going at a really slow time.

And I guess I have the (minuscule) hope that they will get so many complaints they adjust the system again, creating another loophole which could allow us to use SDFP by the time of our trip. I'll keep watching this thread and checking what happens in a week or so.

One issue to keep in mind is with parks that have FP tiering. Until you use the 3 original FP it will not allow you to schedule another tier 1 at the same park. Since you will never use those you can't schedule another tier 1 attraction (unless you park hop). You also can't schedule it with your main ticket unless you would use it before needing to reassign the next FP from the extra ticket. I mention this because I know a lot of people like to try to pick up things like fantasmic, illuminations, etc as 4th/5th FP. You can't obtain those until you are done reassigning the FP from the extra ticket (again unless you park hop).

What do you mean by "Since you will never use those you can't schedule another tier 1 attraction?" This part confuses me...are you saying that you can't transfer a tier 1 FP from your "extra" ticket to your main ticket ever?

Is my understanding correct with the following: once you use up your 3 FP's on your main, you can then transfer over 1 FP from your extra, use that, then transfer over another FP from your extra and so on and so forth?

If my understanding is correct, would the best scenario in this situation (having a main ticket and an extra ticket) be to schedule your 3 FP's on the main for early in the day and then your 3 FP's on the extra for later in the day?

I'm asking the above because my 60 day FP window on my main tickets just opened up, so I can schedule accordingly, and then when my 30 day window opens up on my extras, I can then schedule those FP's accordingly.

Thanks for your help!

Evan

My whole family has APs so we use the extra band's of family members not on a particular trip to book at kiosks and then transfer them as we use them. We just have to remember to book their fps after ours (time wise) so they will transfer after we have used ours. We could just switch bands, but my wife doesn't like doing that because she is the only female and doesn't like it when one of the boy's names appears for a fp that she is using. Now we will have to transfer, but we are used to it, so no problem.

But, yes, this will now require linked tickets.

ETA, this assumes that a band with a linked ticket can still be used at a kiosk on a date in which it was not used to enter a park. If that cannot happen Disney will force me to consider something less scrupulous. I paid a lot for these APs.
So you were able to change party on SDFP via MDE? I thought anytime you tried to modify them in any way via MDE you got an error message.

I actually have extra tickets on my account due to family members who had to cancel their trip earlier this year. I used them to make advance FP for our trip and then reassigned them to us so we could just swipe our MB instead. 2 things to keep in mind
1. You can only move them over one at a time after finishing your first three FP and you must move it prior to the FP start time (it won't allow you to reassign once the FP window has started)
2. You cannot obtain any additional FP with the main ticket/AP (the one you actually used to enter the park) while you are reassigning the ones from the extra ticket (since you can only have 1 at a time after the first three). You can however make another FP with the extra ticket once you have transferred a FP to the primary ticket using the extra ticket to generate a new 3rd FP. One issue to keep in mind is with parks that have FP tiering. Until you use the 3 original FP it will not allow you to schedule another tier 1 at the same park. Since you will never use those you can't schedule another tier 1 attraction (unless you park hop). You also can't schedule it with your main ticket unless you would use it before needing to reassign the next FP from the extra ticket. I mention this because I know a lot of people like to try to pick up things like fantasmic, illuminations, etc as 4th/5th FP. You can't obtain those until you are done reassigning the FP from the extra ticket (again unless you park hop).
Good info here.

What do you mean by "Since you will never use those you can't schedule another tier 1 attraction?" This part confuses me...are you saying that you can't transfer a tier 1 FP from your "extra" ticket to your main ticket ever?

Is my understanding correct with the following: once you use up your 3 FP's on your main, you can then transfer over 1 FP from your extra, use that, then transfer over another FP from your extra and so on and so forth?

If my understanding is correct, would the best scenario in this situation (having a main ticket and an extra ticket) be to schedule your 3 FP's on the main for early in the day and then your 3 FP's on the extra for later in the day?

I'm asking the above because my 60 day FP window on my main tickets just opened up, so I can schedule accordingly, and then when my 30 day window opens up on my extras, I can then schedule those FP's accordingly.

Thanks for your help!

Evan
Sorry for the confusion. You can transfer them over 1 at a time once you finish the the first three including the tier one attraction you prebooked on the extra ticket. The difference is that with the normal way of obtaining 4th, 5th, etc FP tiering rules no longer apply (your 4th, 5th, 6th, etc FP could all be tier one). So with SDFP you could potentially be obtaining 2 sets of 4th, 5th, etc. which could be tier one attractions. Since you are using the extra ticket to generate your FP not your main ticket until you reassign the tier one attraction you cannot obtain a new tier one FP. So depending on how early you redeem that FP depends on whether you can obtain another one.
Best way to describe it
Main ticket has morning FP which include soarin
Extra ticket has late afternoon FP which include frozen
Until that FP for frozen gets moved to main ticket extra ticket cannot book FP for test track or illuminations
Whereas previously if one used SDFP (instead of this method) once the 3 FP on main ticket and SDFP band had been used they could both be used to book another tier one attraction (assuming availability).

I would book am FP with main ticket and either afternoon or evening FP with extra ticket.
ETA one thought I just had was that if you wanted to use tier one FP for a late evening option like Illuminations/Fantasmic you could make that your tier one for the extra ticket and then just use your main ticket to generate 4th, 5th, etc FP after redeeming the other prebooked ones from the extra ticket. Just make sure that you don't forget to reassign the remaining FP before the FP window opens

Last edited:
I just cancelled 2 days of FP's on the two tickets that were not going to be used for Park entrance. I then got two additional days of FP's for days before June 6. I really don't care if they freeze the phantom account but I do have one ticket that will be used at Christmas and if this change sticks, I'll have to pay a visit to guest relations to get the ticket unlinked from the phantom account. Otherwise, I still plan on using the 3 phantom FP's per day and see what happens.

Buckeye - you can just pre-book FPs and totally bypass kiosks on the day of. Your FP booking window applies to all tickets linked in or to your MDE account.

So, say we book FPs on our APs with the intention of the whole family going. But also say two kids end up with other plans when the date comes.

We can no longer use those extra MBs with prebooked FPs?

Sorry for the confusion. You can transfer them over 1 at a time once you finish the the first three including the tier one attraction you prebooked on the extra ticket. The difference is that with the normal way of obtaining 4th, 5th, etc FP tiering rules no longer apply (your 4th, 5th, 6th, etc FP could all be tier one). So with SDFP you could potentially be obtaining 2 sets of 4th, 5th, etc. which could be tier one attractions. Since you are using the extra ticket to generate your FP not your main ticket until you reassign the tier one attraction you cannot obtain a new tier one FP. So depending on how early you redeem that FP depends on whether you can obtain another one.
Best way to describe it
Main ticket has morning FP which include soarin
Extra ticket has late afternoon FP which include frozen
Until that FP for frozen gets moved to main ticket extra ticket cannot book FP for test track or illuminations
Whereas previously if one used SDFP (instead of this method) once the 3 FP on main ticket and SDFP band had been used they could both be used to book another tier one attraction (assuming availability).

I would book am FP with main ticket and either afternoon or evening FP with extra ticket.
ETA one thought I just had was that if you wanted to use tier one FP for a late evening option like Illuminations/Fantasmic you could make that your tier one for the extra ticket and then just use your main ticket to generate 4th, 5th, etc FP after redeeming the other prebooked ones from the extra ticket. Just make sure that you don't forget to reassign the remaining FP before the FP window opens

Thanks for the quick reply!

Another question...to be on the safe side. When my 60 day window opens up and I make my "main" FP's, could I then transfer them to my extra when the 30 day window opens up for them (before making any new FP reservations) and then go back to my "main" and make FP's to fill in the blanks. I'm thinking this way to be on the safe side, since we don't know the full extent of the upcoming changes and if anything will effect this transfer option.

For example I have the following FP's on my main at the 60 day window:
10:00am Ride A
11:00am Ride B
7:00pm Ride C

At my 30 day window for my extras (before I make any new FP reservations for the extras):
I transfer the 7:00pm Ride C from my mains.

I then do the following:
I make 2 new later day/evening FP's for the extras (to be later transferred).
I make 1 new late morning/early afternoon FP for the main.

Does the above scenario seem doable?

Thanks again! Your advice is much appreciated!

So, say we book FPs on our APs with the intention of the whole family going. But also say two kids end up with other plans when the date comes.

We can no longer use those extra MBs with prebooked FPs?
Based on this info no
You need to reassign them once you have used yours

Not sure what's meant by reassign
Ok so you said you have an AP. Go into MDE and make a FP. Then pull up the FP. It will have a modify option at the top (to change attraction, time, etc) and at the bottom it will show who is included in the FP. It will say change Party there as well. You click that then select who you wish to reassign the fast pass to

Ok so you said you have an AP. Go into MDE and make a FP. Then pull up the FP. It will have a modify option at the top (to change attraction, time, etc) and at the bottom it will show who is included in the FP. It will say change Party there as well. You click that then select who you wish to reassign the fast pass to

But I can't reassign it myself, though, right? As a bonus FP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter