SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the quick reply!

Another question...to be on the safe side. When my 60 day window opens up and I make my "main" FP's, could I then transfer them to my extra when the 30 day window opens up for them (before making any new FP reservations) and then go back to my "main" and make FP's to fill in the blanks. I'm thinking this way to be on the safe side, since we don't know the full extent of the upcoming changes and if anything will effect this transfer option.

For example I have the following FP's on my main at the 60 day window:
10:00am Ride A
11:00am Ride B
7:00pm Ride C

At my 30 day window for my extras (before I make any new FP reservations for the extras):
I transfer the 7:00pm Ride C from my mains.

I then do the following:
I make 2 new later day/evening FP's for the extras (to be later transferred).
I make 1 new late morning/early afternoon FP for the main.

Does the above scenario seem doable?

Thanks again! Your advice is much appreciated!
It does but you actually don't need to wait until 30 days. If you include the "people" (who have the extra tickets) in your fast pass party and you are staying onsite you can make FP all together at 60 days. Once made "they" can modify their FP independently.

Last edited:
But I can't reassign it myself, though, right? As a bonus FP?
I was trying to give you a visual for how you do it. You cannot actually reassign the FP to yourself yet if you already have ones for the same day. On the day you go to Disney once you have used all 3 of yours you can use that method to reassign them one at a time to yourself. This will only work if the FP on the other person's profile are scheduled after yours. If they are before your FP or overlap your FP (and you won't have finished all 3 yet) you won't be able to do this.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Another question...to be on the safe side. When my 60 day window opens up and I make my "main" FP's, could I then transfer them to my extra when the 30 day window opens up for them (before making any new FP reservations) and then go back to my "main" and make FP's to fill in the blanks. I'm thinking this way to be on the safe side, since we don't know the full extent of the upcoming changes and if anything will effect this transfer option.

For example I have the following FP's on my main at the 60 day window:
10:00am Ride A
11:00am Ride B
7:00pm Ride C

At my 30 day window for my extras (before I make any new FP reservations for the extras):
I transfer the 7:00pm Ride C from my mains.

I then do the following:
I make 2 new later day/evening FP's for the extras (to be later transferred).
I make 1 new late morning/early afternoon FP for the main.

Does the above scenario seem doable?

Thanks again! Your advice is much appreciated!

Don't forget you can book for the extras at 60 days along with the resort guests. Search for the word "umbrella" on the first page of the thread if you're not familiar with it.

I never thought of using ticketed phantoms as donors and transferring FPs to our main bands. (I think this was ok with the dis tos, if not feel free to delete). In addition to being compliant with the new enforcement it also avoids needing to bring multiple sets of bands and switching them out for everyone. However, it obviously adds complexity. I am looking forward to seeing what glfp and transfer strategies are presented and how they work come the 6th...

Last edited:

I was trying to give you a visual for how you do it. You cannot actually reassign the FP to yourself yet if you already have ones for the same day. On the day you go to Disney once you have used all 3 of yours you can use that method to reassign them one at a time to yourself. This will only work if the FP on the other person's profile are scheduled after yours. If they are before your FP or overlap your FP (and you won't have finished all 3 yet) you won't be able to do this.

What if you don't book any FPs on the bands used for admission. Can you move over FPs one at a time from other profiles? Move one a few mins before the window opens, ride, move another...

Errmm... So with the new updates - Does this mean that NO SDFP can be made / used with non-ticket linked bands? I read it several times, but this is not completely clear. If I have old bands on completely different MDE accounts, they will not work for SDFP? I guess this may be unknown at this time....

They are going to have 1 very upset Guido on their hands if a SDFP on my very-much-alive 2yo's MB ends up locking my account.

I actually have extra tickets on my account due to family members who had to cancel their trip earlier this year. I used them to make advance FP for our trip and then reassigned them to us so we could just swipe our MB instead. 2 things to keep in mind
1. You can only move them over one at a time after finishing your first three FP and you must move it prior to the FP start time (it won't allow you to reassign once the FP window has started)
2. You cannot obtain any additional FP with the main ticket/AP (the one you actually used to enter the park) while you are reassigning the ones from the extra ticket (since you can only have 1 at a time after the first three). You can however make another FP with the extra ticket once you have transferred a FP to the primary ticket using the extra ticket to generate a new 3rd FP. One issue to keep in mind is with parks that have FP tiering. Until you use the 3 original FP it will not allow you to schedule another tier 1 at the same park. (EDITED TO ADD ONCE YOU REASSIGN THE TIER ONE FP TO THE MAIN TICKET IT SHOULD THEN ALLOW YOU TO SCHEDULE A NEW TIER ONE ATTRACTION.) You also can't schedule it with your main ticket unless you would use it before needing to reassign the next FP from the extra ticket. I mention this because I know a lot of people like to try to pick up things like fantasmic, illuminations, etc as 4th/5th FP. You can't obtain those until you are done reassigning the FP from the extra ticket

This is helpful! :worship:
:thanks:

I am staying at Saratoga Springs June 3-10. There are 3 of us that are listed as staying. I noticed that those three can now book 2 months out since the reservation was put in my MDE account 2 days ago. I'm going to have a 4th person added, who isn't going and has a ticket linked and is already a member of my MDE family. I'll have my daughter leave her MB with me when she leaves June 5. That way, I can use the transfer method, which I've never used, and make mine and my son's FP's for the day first. Concerning the same day FP's, I'll still make all 6 of them but make sure that the first one for the day to be used comes from my phantom account. If that one works, I'll assume that all work, at least for that day.

@PrincessCooper's Mom , @tarheel618 , @jlundeen and @ArielSRL

There is currently a WARNING on "Everything SDFP" thread as of May 2017:

May 2017
THE PARTY MAY BE ENDING VERY SOON!

- Don't buy any more MagicBands or cards for SDFP.
- Don't use any BORROWED bands after June 1.
- Don't attempt to enter a FP attraction with a prebooked FP unless you used the linked ticket at the park entrance. (This thread has refrained from discussion of this for many months - but now we're saying specifically DO NOT DO IT.)
- Don't add phantoms to your primary MDE profile, if you haven't already done so.

Apparently the loophole is closing. Link: https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-sdfp-warning-changes-coming.3520747/

Thanks for the info but I had no plans of doing this. I didn't even think it was a possibly.

Ok so you said you have an AP. Go into MDE and make a FP. Then pull up the FP. It will have a modify option at the top (to change attraction, time, etc) and at the bottom it will show who is included in the FP. It will say change Party there as well. You click that then select who you wish to reassign the fast pass to

Okay - so can I keep FP's booked 30 days out for AP holders that aren't going on the trip and then transfer them over after I've used 1 on the FP on the AP that are on the trip?

BTW this is a bummer - I only got to use SDFP on one trip. Oh well, I'm not shocked that they closed the loophole.

Okay - so can I keep FP's booked 30 days out for AP holders that aren't going on the trip and then transfer them over after I've used 1 on the FP on the AP that are on the trip?
You must use your initial 3 FPs before you "Change Party" and move a FP entitlement over to the other Profile. If you have a 60-day booking window, everyone listed in your MDE account shares that window. If you aren't staying onsite, everyone has a 30-day window.

You must use your initial 3 FPs before you "Change Party" and move a FP entitlement over the other Profile. If you have a 60-day booking window, everyone listed in your MDE account shares that window. If you aren't staying onsite, everyone has a 30-day window.
Even those not listed on your reservation?

Even those not listed on your reservation?
As long as you include someone from the reservation in the party. You can remove them later (or, if they already have a FPP for the day, just remove them when it tells you that and it will still let you proceed with the rest of the party).

@ScrapYap I meant deactivate a magic band from my account and still use it for SDFP? Isn't that possible currently?

Then they might not lock my MDE account if I used deactivated mbs?

I guess I'll be eagerly awaiting reports on specific days (June 6 or before or after) while I'm there.

1. you must move it prior to the FP start time (it won't allow you to reassign once the FP window has started)
Are you absolutely sure of this part? I thought I'd tested that in the past successfully but will try again tomorrow or Monday to be sure. I may need to be moving stuff around for our July FPP's!

Also, I hope to test at some point this weekend if possible whether the Tiering at AK works like at Epcot and DHS - meaning if you use your FOP FPP and two others, can you then get another for FOP or NRJ? Hopefully it's set up the same way but important to remember that using Change Party that you'll need to use/pass the window of the first two on your original account before you can transfer another Pandora attraction.

As long as you include someone from the reservation in the party. You can remove them later (or, if they already have a FPP for the day, just remove them when it tells you that and it will still let you proceed with the rest of the party).
We have 6 family members on my MDE and all have APs. Only 4 are listed on my Grand Floridian reservation. Can I prebook all 6 at 60 days, or just the 4 on my reservation?

@ScrapYap I meant deactivate a magic band from my account and still use it for SDFP? Isn't that possible currently?

Then they might not lock my MDE account if I used deactivated mbs?

I guess I'll be eagerly awaiting reports on specific days (June 6 or before or after) while I'm there.
It sounds like as of June 6, nothing will work for SDFP. You'll still be able to book them at the kiosk but not use them at the attraction (they'll turn blue). And deactivated MB's still stay associated with your MDE so you couldn't (even right now) deactivate one and use it for SDFP if you were using the same account for your regular tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter