SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't we unlink a magicband from our account and still use it for SDFP? I never made a secondary MDE for this but have about 10 extra MB in mine linked to phantoms. I could theoretically mark them lost and attempt to use for SDFP without locking my MDE right? We go June 2-9

My phantoms are all on my main MDX account. I tried to create a separate one for my DH a couple years ago and a 'helpful' DVC CM combined my account with his. Gee thanks. So I just added phantoms to my main account so I could see them on my MDX.

My next trip isn't until August so I'll just wait and watch. Frankly, the SDFPs were not that useful a couple of weeks ago. But I will really miss them in December.

Sorry about your system troubles. :(

June 6th (or maybe June 5th) will be an interesting day to be in the parks. There could be a massive system failure - though they obviously think they have it covered. With luck some friendly (to SDFP) gremlins will wreak havoc - and everything will go back to normal on June 7th - at least for six more months when they try again.

We'll be there during this time. Does this mean the system could go down and we won't be able to use the fastpasses we prebooked?

Probably you'll get 3 days.
We are not going to the parks until June 4th. Lol. After all my darn research!

But I'm gonna live it up June 4th! June 5th is Epcot/DHS dessert party so I wasn't even planning to use SDFP bc we will child swap to get TT and Soarin (Frozen is another day).

Transferring FP this way is discussed in the first post if you search for the word "transfer." This is still fair game because the FP will be used by a profile whose ticket was used for park entrance, as required for prebooked FP. A lock wouldn't be triggered because the system will find the ticket it's looking for. It won't matter that Billie and Susie never entered - they won't be the ones using the FP.

This is the sort of morsel we'll be left discussing here if the Unholy Alliance takes place as scheduled.

I figured this might be the case, but I wanted input from experts before I jeopardized Billy and Susie's profiles next month. :-)

Just came back the first week of May. Next trip is September. At least the dust will be settled by then. Eager to hear the early June reports!

Nice sister!

If a lock gets triggered, it would only have to be unlocked once (presumably!) - unless you triggered it again. So DON'T do that. If you do it a second time, you don't just get sent to the principal - you have to go see the superintendent.

How soon is your trip?
Oh not until September! So hopefully we will know the answers by then! I'm just a compulsive overplanner! Like I literally know every meal I'm going to order there!

And I'm the one who's the nice sister! I'm paying for the entire hotel, as well as getting the Premier AP so we can do discounts (already have Signature DL AP)! She's just paying for her tickets (well, she's reimbursing me for a 6-day base tik, but I'm paying the extra for 8-day PH because I wanted those) and food.

Are enough people using SDFP that there will be a significant or noticeable difference for those booking a 4th FP?

Or is this change bring made solely in the name of fair play?

Are enough people using SDFP that there will be a significant or noticeable difference for those booking a 4th FP?

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't in response to people who do use this to the extreme. I've read people posting how they book a throwaway camp site for the onsite perks and up to 10 MB for SDFP. I'm sure it doesn't go unnoticed if only one person arrives at a kiosk with a bag full of bands to scan. Imagine that scenario happening enough and it probably leads to change.

Thanks for the reply, Karrie. I'll follow your instructions and report back on June 5, or when it happens (or doesn't, hopefully). I'll use the phantom MDE account, with 3 MB's attached. I did add an extra person on that account and attached a 10 day ticket to it that I wasn't planning on using until Christmas. I also have a person not with us on my main MDE that I linked another 10 day ticket. Both tickets have 10 days of FP's that start Saturday. From what I have read, these FP's won't work if I try to use them without an entry into the Park. If I try to use them, will that lock my MDE accounts? After my daughter leaves on the 5th, if I can make use of the 3 phantom MB's, that should be more than enough. If they don't work, it was nice while it lasted.

Can't we unlink a magicband from our account and still use it for SDFP? I never made a secondary MDE for this but have about 10 extra MB in mine linked to phantoms. I could theoretically mark them lost and attempt to use for SDFP without locking my MDE right? We go June 2-9

You can't unlink a magicband. I doubt that reporting it as lost would protect you. (Just as deactivating a MB doesn't stop it from functioning at kiosks.)

You could experiment though, if you felt like it. Set up a MDE for one of your phantoms - make him over 18. You'll be required to use an email address you've never associated with an MDE before. Now sign back in to your primary MDE and unfriend that phantom. Since he has an MB, you'll probably get an error message - and you won't be able to unfriend him. So you just wasted your time! However, this is an unpredictable function. Sometimes the system does allow you to unfriend someone. If it works, then that phantom's MB is not associated with your MDE. You should then be able to experiment with it at the kiosks for SDFP without risking a lock being placed on your primary MDE.

If you try it, let us know what happens.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't in response to people who do use this to the extreme. I've read people posting how they book a throwaway camp site for the onsite perks and up to 10 MB for SDFP. I'm sure it doesn't go unnoticed if only one person arrives at a kiosk with a bag full of bands to scan. Imagine that scenario happening enough and it probably leads to change.

Says a person who is willing to hide in the masses during MNSSHP just to secure a spot for the Boo-To-You Parade without purchasing a ticket.:ssst::rotfl:

Thanks for the reply, Karrie. I'll follow your instructions and report back on June 5, or when it happens (or doesn't, hopefully). I'll use the phantom MDE account, with 3 MB's attached. I did add an extra person on that account and attached a 10 day ticket to it that I wasn't planning on using until Christmas. I also have a person not with us on my main MDE that I linked another 10 day ticket. Both tickets have 10 days of FP's that start Saturday. From what I have read, these FP's won't work if I try to use them without an entry into the Park. If I try to use them, will that lock my MDE accounts? After my daughter leaves on the 5th, if I can make use of the 3 phantom MB's, that should be more than enough. If they don't work, it was nice while it lasted.

Using those prebooked FPs will almost certainly create a problem for you on the 6th or even 5th - you probably won't get on the ride and your account will probably be locked.

Cast members have been part of the problem. They each have three extra ticket cards that can be used to sign in guests. But if they're not signing in guests, they can just have 16 FP all for themselves every day they're in a park (or to share with their friends). Disney has warned cast members about this in the recent past, but I think it's been a rampant practice.

We'll be there during this time. Does this mean the system could go down and we won't be able to use the fastpasses we prebooked?

Hopefully it won't. But June 6th is the "wedding day" for admission and FP - and it may be a rocky union. Let us know how it all turns out! Disney obviously does NOT want chaos - so must think they're ready for this.

I believe the change is to finally align the FP system with actual ticket usage which had been the premise of the "old" paper FP system and is the protocol for DLR. Or, it's to decrease TPAS views. ;)

Funny story... I do regularly utilize the SDFP.. however.. recently I was on a trip with a Large Group... And had a Bag Full of MB's that were all Legit.. I took the reigns on making FP's for everyone.. and due to circumstances.. it was all SDFP.. but the CM's did not bat an eye... But I laughed to myself saying that the time I am NOT using the loophole.. I probably looked Most guilty of it!

Using those prebooked FPs will almost certainly create a problem for you on the 6th or even 5th - you probably won't get on the ride and your account will probably be locked.
Please forgive me if this is against DIS rules or Disney's TOS, but wouldn't the "transfer" referred to in earlier posts and on the front page work for the 10 day tickets in this scenario? If OP uses the initial 3 and then one-by-one modifies the pre-booked party so a valid ticketed profile is using the extra FP+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter