SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks (again). Last question....On years that I don't buy AP's, I use my NE tickets. MDE will allow me to change the names on partially used tix, but for kids < 18, it is forcing me to enter a birthdate (and year). Any strategy here? Keeping in mind I need to use these NE tickets for real some years linked to a resort reservation...

And thank you for all of your hard work in this thread.

It might be worth your time to read through the first post of the thread. Even though SDFP is changing, there is a lot of important information there - including making sure your kid profiles are well under 18. The years pass quickly, and you may not want that guest to be over 18 too soon, for various reasons. Give them a birthday in 2003 or 2004 at the latest.

Hey wait a minute, I didn't know this! So if I have 10 day non-expiry tickets on my account and I run them all the way down to just one visit remaining and buy new tickets for our trip I could conceivably book 10 days of advanced fp+'s on that "one" day left on my non expiry ticket?

If so I'm going to leave that one day there until this doesn't work anymore.

This applies only to a converted ticket - an old paper ticket that was sold for a child, converted to a plastic card for an adult (given the passage of years). Doesn't work unless it's converted. And now that we're talking about it here (though it has been on the first page of the thread for ages), they'll probably fix that glitch! :)

So the benefit of CPFP where you are reassigning them from MDE phantoms who do not have park tickets is that you can get 3 additional FPs early in the day (at park arrival) when FPs are still relatively plentiful, correct? And I assume that reassigning a CPFP to my "real" MDE profile (after I use my 3 pre-booked FPs) would count as my 4th FP of the day so I couldn't also get a regular (for lack of a better term) 4th FP?

Last question - any thoughts on the best way to manage FPs once your 3 prebooked and 3 original CPFPs have been used? At that point I guess you just book additional FPs on your primary account through the app - it doesn't seem like it would be worth the hassle to continue getting additional CPFPS as well?

This applies only to a converted ticket - an old paper ticket that was sold for a child, converted to a plastic card for an adult (given the passage of years). Doesn't work unless it's converted. And now that we're talking about it here (though it has been on the first page of the thread for ages), they'll probably fix that glitch! :)
Well shoot I needed to know that last year. My last two kids had child tickets converted to adults. But the one is 19(too late) the other is still 16..mmmm.

It seems kind of unfriendly of Disney to allow you book SDFP and let you think you can use them. The people who don't know any better will have a rude awakening when the Mickey head turns blue. It puts the Cast members in an awkward situation. They will either have to play the bad guy or just let people go. Disney should stop people from getting SDFP in the first place.

I feel particularly sorry for CMs who have to explain to guests why using SDFP has caused their MDEs to become locked out.

I love this thread! I envy those in the park June 6th we fly out the 8th I can't wait to read about ur results!
I have 4 military 4 day passes and fp made 30 days out for the tickets . I realize the rules are changing and who know if this would work after June 6th (we will be there a few days after that) but at the moment the way it works..
Am I able to create 4 phantoms on my MDE and the night before we go to MK reassign the 4 tickets to the 4 phantoms and book NBFP then immediately reassign the tickets back to our original family members and then when we enter the park use our regular FP we reserved 30 days out and then CPFP the phantoms NBFP over to our profiles that already used the FP. My fear is if I reassign our tickets I could loose the out reserved FP... Other option is to purchase 4 new MB and add 4 phantoms and book rides at the kiosk to CPFP once we use our initial FP. I envy all of u with extra tickets to reserve with I'm scared to reassign our only tickets.

I would also love to know the answer to your question!

I'm a "glutton for punishment"...here's my latest experiment:

Yesterday, I set-up 3 days of FP's on phantoms that I don't care about/need. I reassigned the tickets I had associated with them that were used to make the FP's, back to my main profiles. I then reassigned our upcoming MNSSHP tickets from our main profiles to the phantoms...so the phantoms have 3 days of FP's and an active party ticket (which is obviously good for only 1 day/party and for a different date). I'm curious if I will get the warning e-mail (and when and if I do, what will happen (FP's deleted? How long until deleted? Account...locked?)...

So far, approx. 24 hours later, everything is still okay...

A poster upthread said he got the email just minutes (maybe 30, can't remember for sure) after reassigning tickets. I was assuming with the coming changes Disney was going to tighten up on those reassigning tickets the night before. I apologize if my post was misleading.

It's about 3.5 hours later. The PP has a non-expiring ticket but somehow Disney is not recognizing the ticket. I also have a non-expiring ticket with two days left. I wonder whether I would have the same problem. Stress!

I feel particularly sorry for CMs who have to explain to guests why using SDFP has caused their MDEs to become locked out.

Yes, but it's not like anyone would happen into doing SDFP without knowing they are exploiting a loophole. Every visit the first time we used phantom bands I would hold my breath. That said, locking accounts is a bit extreme...

During our last two visits we got a lot of comments on our phantom names. Some were gibberish, some princess names. (Weird phantom names were to prevent profiles getting combined). Bottom line is if you skirt the rules, best to keep in mind we are always playing with fire.

Yesterday, I set-up 3 days of FP's on phantoms that I don't care about/need. I reassigned the tickets I had associated with them that were used to make the FP's, back to my main profiles. I then reassigned our upcoming MNSSHP tickets from our main profiles to the phantoms...so the phantoms have 3 days of FP's and an active party ticket (which is obviously good for only 1 day/party and for a different date). I'm curious if I will get the warning e-mail (and when and if I do, what will happen (FP's deleted? How long until deleted? Account...locked?)...

When another DISer and I ran this test 2 years ago, our FPs disappeared without any warnings or alerts.

But, other DISers have at times noted their FPs remained for days. Please be sure to report back especially if your Profiles or Account become locked. :)

When another DISer ran this test 2 years ago, our FPs disappeared without any warnings or alerts.

But, other DISers have at times noted their FPs remained for days. Please be sure to report back especially if your Profiles or Account become locked. :)

:thumbsup2

I have plastic tickets from kids who had a senior class trip. There is no admission left. The tickets were never associated with an MDE. Will I be able to set up an MDE with these tickets, so that I can "friend" these, use the tickets at the kiosk for SDFP and do CPFP to use them? I know the latter part of the question can't be answered until after June 6th. Thank you for your help and patience in answering questions.

I don't see the advantage to this over just doing it on your real account as you mention in the second half?

I don't either, but figured I'd add it as a follow-up to the questions/observations posted previously :). Though, I guess the only 'advantage' is for those who want to keep the FPs for the Tier 2s (e.g. in DHS I would like to keep my TOT and ST FPs) in their initial set of 3 main FPs, so the phantoms only serve to 'hold' the additional Tier 1 in the other park, which would probably only be beneficial to those to have ticketed phantoms.

I have plastic tickets from kids who had a senior class trip. There is no admission left. The tickets were never associated with an MDE. Will I be able to set up an MDE with these tickets, so that I can "friend" these, use the tickets at the kiosk for SDFP and do CPFP to use them? I know the latter part of the question can't be answered until after June 6th. Thank you for your help and patience in answering questions.

If you can't add them to phantoms (worth a try) they will be useless. Otherwise, You'd be able to book sdfp's with no way to transfer or use them. Create some phantoms and see if you can assign them. You'll know pretty quickly if they will work.

If you can't add them to phantoms (worth a try) they will be useless. Otherwise, You'd be able to book sdfp's with no way to transfer or use them.

That part I understand. I guess what I am asking is, should I try to set up an new MDE account, with a new email, new names, and then try to link these used tickets? Or, is linking used tickets something that never works?

Help. Why do you need a full slate of FPs for the tiered park but only one for MK?

(For CPFP)

You only would want one in MK to maximize the number of FPs per hour, if that is important to you.

Of course, it also depends on how many phantom accounts you have to pull FPs from.

In a tiered park, I suppose starting with only 1 FP would work too. You do that one, bring in a tier 2 that is currently active and nearby and tap it away. Then transfer whatever you want to ride/do next.

There is certainly no real "best" strategy. But my kids are young and we usually do mornings in the park and I want as many FPs as possible in those 4-5 hours.

That part I understand. I guess what I am asking is, should I try to set up an new MDE account, with a new email, new names, and then try to link these used tickets? Or, is linking used tickets something that never works?

Add a phantom to your current mde and then try to add a card.

I like having everything in one mde account.

And you don't even need to commit the card assignment before knowing if they can be assigned or not. When you enter the card code It will either give you an error or ask for confirmation. The latter means you can assign the cards however you see fit.

Hey wait a minute, I didn't know this! So if I have 10 day non-expiry tickets on my account and I run them all the way down to just one visit remaining and buy new tickets for our trip I could conceivably book 10 days of advanced fp+'s on that "one" day left on my non expiry ticket?

If so I'm going to leave that one day there until this doesn't work anymore.

This is true for a child ticket that has been converted into an adult ticket since the child is over 10 and can't use the child ticket anymore. When the ticket is converted, there is a glitch.

I love this thread! I envy those in the park June 6th we fly out the 8th I can't wait to read about ur results!
I have 4 military 4 day passes and fp made 30 days out for the tickets . I realize the rules are changing and who know if this would work after June 6th (we will be there a few days after that) but at the moment the way it works..
Am I able to create 4 phantoms on my MDE and the night before we go to MK reassign the 4 tickets to the 4 phantoms and book NBFP then immediately reassign the tickets back to our original family members and then when we enter the park use our regular FP we reserved 30 days out and then CPFP the phantoms NBFP over to our profiles that already used the FP. My fear is if I reassign our tickets I could loose the out reserved FP... Other option is to purchase 4 new MB and add 4 phantoms and book rides at the kiosk to CPFP once we use our initial FP. I envy all of u with extra tickets to reserve with I'm scared to reassign our only tickets.

I would be afraid, too! Probably not worth risking your carefully prebooked FP. I'd also worry about the account getting locked - though we have no confirmation that NBFP might start to cause that. Not sure that CPFP booked same day (versus 30/60 days out) would be worth the cost of the bands. (CPFP are just not as valuable as the old SDFP.) You can always book 4th, etc. FP the traditional way. I'm sure you'll be watching the thread - you might end up making a decision based on what people are reporting.

I have MNSSHP tickets but it's not allowing me to trial book any FP. I was able to trial book FP 30 days out in 2014. Do party tickets only allow you to book FP just for the party date and you cannot trial book it anymore? I hope I am not confusing you :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter